Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Here's the Global DVD link

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/39920093

The DVD is $120 base price (shipping will be dependent on your country). I just cancelled my BluRay order and switched to DVD (it's a $70 savings and like what I said DVD works well for me even in a big screen).

In the cafe they are opening up the question board for members to post comments who they would want for interviews. I am not sure if this will remain as a premium edition or a director's cut. I'll ask.

PS: I asked if the DVD will have the same contents as BluRay and the admin said yes (i just lost the actual response bc I was editing the post when then responded...anyways I asked again for documentation purposes). So looks like the difference will really be more on image quality between BR and DVD (just like in other drama promotions). If there will be a difference in the content, I'd cry really hard bc I had cancelled my BR order after I ordered DVD. Hmmm maybe I still have time to cancel the cancellation or re-order again...sigh

• Like 9

Against popular belief an outright happy ending with a wedding (and children) isn’t something you see often in kdramas and sometimes the wedding seems a little rushed considering the OTP did spend so little time together. However, in MH’s and BS’s case, their wedding is a natural and realistic conclusion of their journey as theirs is one of those few rare relationships in kdramaland that have been properly developed. 

uXqNvML.jpg

What makes is so special and different is the fact that from the moment MH hired BS as his bodyguard THEY HAVE SPEND VIRTUALLY EVERY SINGLE DAY (and most of the nights) TOGETHER. They’ve been working together - she was his BODYguard at first and then when she became his intern he pretty much placed her desk right next to his - they lived together, MH kept finding excuses to spend time with her even when she wasn’t working, they dated, they slept together, they were willing to die for each other,… they did it all.

tumblr_oplrqmB7yZ1s8t96qo7_540.png

In an age when people date for years before getting married, if they get married at all, it might seem too rushed, but the probability of such a relationship ending in divorce after the wedding is as high as that of a much shorter relationship. There are really no guarantees. 

And while the drama might have aired for only 8 weeks much more time passed in its fictional world - probaly 5-6 months and MH and BS didn’t waste that time because they spend all of it together. But the most important thing is that THEIR LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP WAS TESTED MANY TIMES, THEY FACED MANY PROBLEMS AND OBSTACLES AND THEY OVERCAME THEM ALL, PROVING THAT THEY INDEED HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SPEND THEIR LIFE TOGETHER.

tumblr_oplrqmB7yZ1s8t96qo8_540.png

• Like 18

I love this scene so freaking much because it’s amazing how Min Hyuk is so adorably shy and uncertain to enter Bong Soon’s room as he is basically about to enter her private space, but the moment he spots her bed he turns from a bashful cinnamon roll into an obsessed stalker fan who’s just seen the bed his idol sleeps on!

biP7LLi.jpg

It’s as if her bed was to him what Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber is to a SW fan - the holy grail of his fandom! And the next thing he does is to sit on it! What do you expect from a man who keeps a lifesized portrait of BS in his closet which he worships as an altar of her awesomeness. 

tumblr_oohdzpuxGW1s8t96qo3_540.png

And it’s both so funny and fitting because the first episode, and basically their whole love story, began with Min Hyuk being completly in awe of her and now in the final episode, 10 years and few weeks before getting married to the woman of his dreams, later he is still utterly and irrevocably fanboying over BS; so in love with her he is.

tumblr_oohdzpuxGW1s8t96qo4_540.png

• Like 17

3 hours ago, briseis said:

I love this scene so freaking much because it’s amazing how Min Hyuk is so adorably shy and uncertain to enter Bong Soon’s room as he is basically about to enter her private space, but the moment he spots her bed he turns from a bashful cinnamon roll into an obsessed stalker fan who’s just seen the bed his idol sleeps on!

It’s as if her bed was to him what Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber is to a SW fan - the holy grail of his fandom! And the next thing he does is to sit on it! What do you expect from a man who keeps a lifesized portrait of BS in his closet which he worships as an altar of her awesomeness. 

And it’s both so funny and fitting because the first episode, and basically their whole love story, began with Min Hyuk being completly in awe of her and now in the final episode, 10 years and few weeks before getting married to the woman of his dreams, later he is still utterly and irrevocably fanboying over BS; so in love with her he is.

Whoa great post write up @briseis, been back lurking around and finding great write up and reminisces the great scenes on the drama... 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, penelop3 said:

OMG... @briseis you're still here? :tongue:

Yes, I'm still here, mostly lurking unfortunately because I had to finish my thesis during the last month and until June 10 I'll hvae state exams but I have a little of free time to spare right now so I've decided to finish some of the posts I started about the final episodes; there are so many scenes I still want to write about but I have so little time. It's nice to see you all here.

One of the reasons why the wedding feels so natural is the fact that in episode 6 Min Hyuk told his family he would marry Bong Soon, since episode 7 he’s been publicly called by the Do family members their son-in-law and since episode 8 he’s been fake-engaged to Bong Soon.

M8yUqXc.jpg

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon AKA the only kdrama in which the heroine’s family told the male lead that they are totally cool with him sleeping with her in her own bed.

TCgfaiE.jpgoVgybHZ.jpg

• Like 20

14 hours ago, briseis said:

Yes, I'm still here, mostly lurking unfortunately because I had to finish my thesis during the last month and until June 10 I'll hvae state exams but I have a little of free time to spare right now so I've decided to finish some of the posts I started about the final episodes; there are so many scenes I still want to write about but I have so little time. It's nice to see you all here.

One of the reasons why the wedding feels so natural is the fact that in episode 6 Min Hyuk told his family he would marry Bong Soon, since episode 7 he’s been publicly called by the Do family members their son-in-law and since episode 8 he’s been fake-engaged to Bong Soon.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon AKA the only kdrama in which the heroine’s family told the male lead that they are totally cool with him sleeping with her in her own bed.

@briseis Hahaha.. nice to know you're still very into the drama despite the thesis and exams! :D
I will have to take your words on this since I don't watch that many Kdramas yet... but I like the fact that AMH since very early on has set his eyes on DBS despite the fact that he's not yet sure of his feeling to her. And that Mom plays active matchmaker for AMH and DBS. She basically went with her guts when deciding that AMH should be with DBS. :wink:

• Like 7

tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo1_400.gif   tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo5_r1_400.gif

tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo2_r1_400.gif   tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo4_r1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo3_r1_400.gif   tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo9_r1_400.gif   tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo10_r1_400.gif

tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo8_r1_400.gif   tumblr_opn21rJNr01s8t96qo6_r1_400.gif

It’s like poetry…It rhymes.

• Like 15

22 hours ago, briseis said:

I do love this scene too... I watched it over and over again :D

• Like 6

13 hours ago, briseis said:

Hide contents

It’s like poetry…It rhymes.

Oh i love love BY's expressions wheb she got choked by water, her face is like "are you freakking crazy?! That's not in the script!"

I dont know, i think the whole shenanigans in these scenes are adlibs that the director took notes "ok let's make them get twins.." 

• Like 5

Everyone please vote for our puppy couple so that we can see them again in a fanmeet in Malaysia =] 

• Like 9

@lingx2 Thank you for the update! I dont remember her wearing the pink/white blouse. Hmm... which eps is that? :mellow:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, penelop3 said:

@lingx2 Thank you for the update! I dont remember her wearing the pink/white blouse. Hmm... which eps is that? :mellow:

She wore that briefly in the last episode, when she hit a pervert who was "showing off" to high school girls... Those pictures might be from some deleted scene though because she seems to be in AMH's office...?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mirela said:

She wore that briefly in the last episode, when she hit a pervert who was "showing off" to high school girls... Those pictures might be from some deleted scene though because she seems to be in AMH's office...?

@penelop3 this is the scene as per described by @mirela

SWDBS-EP16-1_zpsop5ke1hz.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lingx2 said:

@penelop3 this is the scene as per described by @mirela

Thanks ladies. It's too bad that we dont get to see the office scene right after. Hopefully it's on the DVD.

• Like 4

love this show although it has some weakness

abt how boon soon has to undergo training to control her strength. but didnt she manage to survive until then? otherwise how to open water bottle cap/ do things without damaging the items etc?

maybe it could have been more well explained

and the part of her losing power if she misused it. didnt she used it for the leg competition with the secretary? she also accidentally hurt jisoo when he was hitting the villa thats been following her.  not sure how mis-used to be, or how kind the opponent must be for her to lose power just liked that?  

read reviews of how everyone mentioned park hyung sik acting is v good in the show etc

yea he has made improvement from hwarang days but park bo young is really the one with great acting skill along with the seniors.

the bomb scenes with hyungsik outside, her friend being captured, her eyes showing diff of character portrayed (easy to be bullied, pissed face, crying scenes, worrying scene) ... she has done a good job in portraying her character.

park  hyungsik is the bonus. jisoo too. their chemistry with bo young is amazing too. esp park hyung sik.

i like the royce? choclate scene when he kissed her. i think its in the script from the way the camera angle works. the hugging n dont wana let go of one another @ her house area. the best performance from them are the bomb scenes imo. 

however, the scene where she lost her power. i thought its a dead scene after park hyung sik let out a big scream or shout when she appears to be motionless.  

maybe liked most fans, feel that they are pretty compatible (minus the height becoz park cannot stand tall if he wana kiss bo young hehe). but hopefully the shipping dont go overboard with big reactions over tiny things liked caps/clothings/manager liked the pic etc. might kill their r/s even before they want to advance it further.

worse is when we read articles for more information but they were wrongly translated. totally sucks

btw for DVD, there's region? what region will these be?

Thanks

Edited by yoojungfan
  • Like 3