[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, briseis said:

OMFG! And it looks UTTERLY AWESOME! AND BEYOND ADORABLE AND HILARIOUS! Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Shik! I’m already shipping them together! This is no candy girl female lead! She is downright sassy and I LOVE HER ALREADY! THE ARM WRESTLING SCENE! I keep abusing the replay button because I can’t get enough of this. 21 DAYS TO GO!

Well, I can just speak for myself, but I think she is more eye candy than most of the drama female-leads out there. And she has that attitude as cherry on top of that. Can't wait to see her in action.

Edit: And here we are, now I look stupid. Anyway, thanks for the explonation @briseis. Let's pretend that never happened.

2 hours ago, dhakra said:

Well, I can just speak for myself, but I think she is more eye candy than most of the drama female-leads out there. And she has that attitude as cherry on top of that. Can't wait to see her in action.

I think there is a misunderstanding. The expression  "CANDY GIRL" has nothing to do with a woman's appearance. When I said that she was no candy girl I meant that she was no poor, unfortunate female lead in need of saving from a rich male lead:

E0fhWWy.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2014/12/09/candy-girls-of-k-dramaland-a-couch-kimchi-roundtable/

7 hours ago, evie7 said:

Omo chingu I'm so happy you are going to watch this and I'm so happy I'm not the only one who is just in love w/these two. They are just adorablecrazy-monkey-emoticon-201.gif These two are just going to be the death of me. This is my first time watching PBY in a drama, I already love her. PHS is just his dreamy self . The way they are gazing at each otherdead-onion-head-emoticon.gifShippping them in the drama, shipping them in RL. Why do we have to wait another 20 days JTCB? desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Hi, @evie7, it's great to see you in another thread! SWDBS is my most anticipated kdrama in 2017. I have such huge hopes for this drama and with each new teaser I'm falling more in love with it, even though there are still almost 3 weeks before it premieres. I can't even remember since I was excited like this for a kdrama rom-com.

4 hours ago, dhakra said:

Edit: And here we are, now I look stupid. Anyway, thanks for the explonation @briseis. Let's pretend that never happened.

No problem, really :-). It's just that I thought it's better to clear such misuderstanding as fast as possible.

@moreenke, you're welcome :-). The teaser is really great and the song suits it perfectly. I can't help but smile each time I watch those 30 seconds over and over again.

I'm dying for this drama to start...i predict i'm so gonna fall in love with it and even more with out main OTP,they already look adorable from the little bits we were given...Eager for the the twin story as well,i bet it's gonna be adorable...Can't wait for the press Conferance to take place mainly for the Highlight Video,can't wait to see it...

17 minutes ago, Amanda_HS said:

@stroppyse Thanks for the translations

He called her "King Kong", I don't know why, but i like it. 

They are so adorable together. Can't wait to see more. 

A Peanut King Kong!Sounds funny and endering at the same time...Gotta love a hero that likes the girl just the way she is,maybe even more having her in high regard in terms of her unusual power...Something she somehow hates about herself

OMG thank you so much for translation @stroppyse ..:blush: what do u mean copy from MY clip....

gurllllllll i dont own that clip and i THANK YOU SO MUCH ALRDY! plz do translate more if you have time ...heehehehehe 

am i asking too much.. :D

also @briseis i knew it was zion t and i was like..

OMGGGG this is so perfect and lookin for real hard..couldn't find it...thanks for sharing :) ...you rockkk!!!

@stroppyse Words do not express how happy I am that you are here with us and spending free time to give translations of this. Thank you so much! 

After watching that 2nd short teaser at first, I didn't think about it a lot, but ahh I really like those captions JTBC added in the post. 20 days left, guuyyss! 

23 hours ago, briseis said:

it's great to see you in another thread! SWDBS is my most anticipated kdrama in 2017. I have such huge hopes for this drama and with each new teaser I'm falling more in love with it, even though there are still almost 3 weeks before it premieres. I can't even remember since I was excited like this for a kdrama rom-com.

I was so happy to see you were posting about it on dreamingsnowflake2013 (I'm yonne6202 on tumblr) That I ran to this thread looking to see if you were going to join it.:D This one flew a little under my radar until I experienced PHS all grown up in his last drama. I'm just loving all of the teasers, I'm getting a girl crush on PBY just from watching them and I just love, love. love this OTP. They are just off the chains w/chemistry.  I have a feeling this is going to be my next kdrama obsession.

@triplem  Thanks for the gifs:heart: This one is my fave

giphy.gif&key=3170379cafeb5e95b3500f639a

The way they gaze at each other.... I love the height difference too #shortwomansdream!yoyo02.gif

On 2/2/2017 at 10:31 AM, juliacaesar said:

Ahhh this whole concept of "What's womanly/manly?" is something I dig! As Dramabeans wrote, I too am curious (and happy) reading about PHS's character. It sounds like we're up for a true ride with the two of them defying all beliefs, while Ji Soo will question their every thought :D Dramas that crushes stereotypical concepts is always a yes in my book.

Usually we see how the second lead is the most perfect fit for the main girl, and the unfitting pair ends up instead. It also just crushes me when the "weirdo" girl doesn't end up with her perfect "weirdo" guy, so this will really make me a happy panda totally-naughty-panda-emoticon-6.gif

Hello! image.gif I love this concept too.  Why can't a woman be stronger, smarter than her man? 

5 hours ago, evie7 said:

@triplem  Thanks for the gifs:heart: This one is my fave

She's really beautiful in this one.

5 hours ago, evie7 said:

Hello! image.gif I love this concept too.  Why can't a woman be stronger, smarter than her man? 

I need to be careful here, this one is clearly a trap. :ph34r: :lol:

I really like this concept too, I'm really looking forward to this drama. My expectations are quite high for this one, this may be because the female lead gives me the same vibe as Kim Bok Joo. (My fellow faires know that I'm talking about). She's a strong, sassy girl with a very dominant aura around her. And additional to that, she is from a guys point of view definitive some eye candy. I really want that they crush all usual drama cliches with this female lead and OTP.

On 2/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, stroppyse said:

This drama and/or Radiant Office look as if they'll be my two picks for rom-coms in the near future. I need something light, cute, and happy in my life, preferably with good acting and minimum of stupid angst. I like the casts in both this drama and RO, so I'm hopeful that at least one of these will be satisfyingly addictive. :) 

I know! I agree with you. I am really looking forward to this and Radiant Office. :smile:

Annyeong!  So nice to see that a lot of people have camped here already.  Been anticipating for this drama but I was afraid to join in the thread since I am in my busiest months in my work and just got a bit better in terms of health.  Then I saw my dongsaeng @stroppyse and chingu @evie7 and @i.am.bugz.funny while browsing this thread.  I am not confident tho if I can continue till the end but I surely will if my schedule permits. 

I have lots of love for Park Bo Young.  She is one of the most awesome young actress of her generation. Have watched most of her dramas and movies and she was great in each of them... so many people loved her in OMG and she is perfect in You Call It Passion. She is primarily the reason why I am anticipating this drama.

Well, what can I say... Park Hyung Sik, he is the saving grace for me of Heirs.  I came for Sung Joon on High Society but stayed because of him.  I signed up on Hwarang for Park Seo Joon and him but now I am rooting only for him there.  I want him to be the king and to get the girl, well never mind the girl, just let him be king.  (of course, in my heart he is now on same level as PSJ).  PHS has this intensity in the way he works that you get drawn to him.  He gives all his earnestness in his projects that the result is just awesome. Another reason why I look forward to this drama.

On the other hand, it was only later that I realized Ji Soo is in here too.  Well, he captured my heart in Angry Mom and all his succeeding dramas... SGG, Fantastic. I have always rooted for him to get the girl but here, sorry, he can just take the backseat, again.  Although I will be alright for any of them getting the girl.

Haven't seen the pretties and PAC members here yet.  Let me call some friends hoping they would watch this too.

@onnififi @bebebisous33 @Ahpheng @moodypie @ilwoo_aein @alekaonu @emme85 @Kasmic @maplekist @delfin @kyunii88 @plappi @ruzikie  @Sarang21 @xiashenghan @yqyukiz @stargazer187 @valsava @pandalover1 @Mau_Cherry @lovehbhjw2013 @JinyoungFox @Jillia @dhia205 @Yippeuni @theseasasleep @sakura2016 @Ayame @thea2410 @angelangie @icemaid @siena407  @drmjs

of course, last but not the least let me call the soompi resident GIFcapper dongsaeng @jeonghyang.

Archived