Does long distance relationship ever work out?

Jinhee86

It definitely depends on each partner's patience, honesty, trust, and loyalty like any normal relationship. The only difference in the long run is if one of you is willing to move to where the other person is to make it work if you plan on it being a long term serious relationship. 

• 3 weeks later...

it really depends on circumstances. for how long are you gonna be away from each other? for how long you two together? how often are you gonna see each other? have any of you had any previous experience with long-distance relationships before? I think it's quite possible to work it out, but not forever of course... 1-2 years maximum in case if you meet every month or two at least. otherwise you'll be strangers to each other... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbIVnEdPMYW9B3uUfh6JH16f444023ed15e9cc7bae97d5f1e78e8.jpgsilhouette-man-beautiful-sunset-beach-wa

Personally I think the real answer to this question can be best found within yourself. 

You and your partner are each unique and no matter what others may think, feel or believe it is you both who will mold and create your own destiny.  Separation is never easy for you're desire in always longing to be together is as natural as breathing when your in love.  Yet unlike other relationships because time becomes so precious and you better understand it's value.  Most couples are less likely to take each other for granted.  Faith, trust & your communication skills in being able to love, comfort and even protect one another no matter where you are is essential to your survival.  For without those, your love and respect placed willingly in one another there is no long distance relationship or close one for that matter either...

• 4 weeks later...

How many people have been in a LDR? Yes, it works. Distance isn't the issue. It's the communication. If communication is lacking, it won't work. This applies to any relationship though. The lack of communication means no connection. If you really care about someone, distance wouldn't be a problem. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The success rate for long distance relationship is 58 percent. The only way for it to work is when both couples trust each other and have faith that it is going to work. Communication is vital and honesty is key, always be honest to one another and keep the communication alive by giving random cute loving messages and calls showing that you care. Always respect your partner and do not do anything to hurt their feelings, always listen and be understanding. Arrange for short trips together and respect each other. Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

by far, I hope it would work out. I'm still baby, on going to 6 months and this is my first LDR--I feel positive vibes from this. Our communication is not that intense (we agree it would be sickening for both) but we are having small commitments like we can't skip 1 week without any calls to blab about how's life was going and face time (min. 1/week at anytime).. I gain so much mutual supports and happiness from here. Don't angry in texts or silence, talks in voice about it.. Schedule short trip/time together at least every 3 months.. Karaoke older song time when found new song of worth.. Etc.

Those may sound silly for others, but it doesn't matter I think. The most important thing, sounds cliche but still, learn to know about yourself and partner. Both should willing to want learning, so both can synchronizing and make it works.    

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think it depends on the people involved and their circumstances. For some, it works and for others, it doesn't. 

It definitely takes a huge amount of trust, commitment and effort to make it work. 

Personally, I find LDR difficult. 

• 3 months later...

This is a really old topic, but long distance can definitely work with the right person, trust, and commitment. Also, if the LDR isn't permanent and the couple can eventually meet up, then I think it's fine.

Skyping/calling everyday is really helpful for maintaining contact!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It definitely depends on the people. If you can wait for it, still give each other what you need despite being far away, it could work. I think understanding the love languages of each other also play a big part to keeping a relationship healthy.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Both ought to have strong foundations and goals in being together bodily. I assume what separates the screw ups from the achievement stories is that one (or both) aren't absolutely dedicated to really developing a actual courting. Its smooth and amusing talking with each different for infinite hours over a medium you can see here, however unnecessary in the event that they haven't any choice in being a real bodily couple.

It's very glad for me to understand this subject matter despite it has been a massive amount of time for me to come to be a member of this forum. Talk about lengthy distance courting, I and my modern boyfriend is in such relationship. To be honest, it is the association of future (as a minimum in our concept). I met him simply once before he pass on enterprise in a far off metropolis in my USA. My residing town and his is about 1000km a long way faraway from every different.

• ferily locked this topic