[Movie 2017] New Trial 재심

Go Seung Ji

• 2 weeks later...

Omg...when i see the thread upon soompi movie and drama list i had to check twice to make sure it is really a "new trial" thread...

thank you so much for making this ...i was rooting for this movie ever since the filming started.....

i was so disappointed when no kpop news media didn't say anything about the movie coming out.....

So when it come out i would go to hancinema and check the box office and see if the movie was doing well or not

i was really worried about the movie doing not too well at box office cuz there are movies with famous stars like the king and confidential assignment coming out 

y'all know our boys are amazing/talented actors but not as popular (yet)...so i was so happy to see it has passed two million, just how it show be

Big congratz to jung woo and ha neul!

i hope the film will be getting bigger and bigger and become HUGEE box office hit and i hope people will again recognize how amazing these two actors are...

:heart:

• 2 weeks later...

Kang Ha Neul talks about his film 'New Trial' in depth

kang-ha-neul_1489101481_af_org.jpg

Actor Kang Ha Neul recently sat down for an interview to discuss his new film 'New Trial', starring alongside Jung Woo.

The movie 'New Trial' illustrates the dire consequences in life regarding one's trust for another.

Q: How did you feel when you first watched the completed version of 'New Trial'?

"If only I had given it more thought I would've done better. To be honest I've never chosen to work on a project based on role change. I think such an opportunity came to me so I must take it. The scenario itself was so rich. I just expressed what was written."

Q: Were you aware of the Iksan murder case prior to filming? It must have been quite a burden for you to take on the role of the main character as the actual case itself is relatively young.

"I actually found out about the case while watching 'The Its Know.' I like these types of shows where they make the viewers wonder and think deeply on what's going on at the moment. It led me to research about the case."

Q: You must've been more interested after reading the script?

"Honestly, I had a lot of questions before even reading the script. I thought this project was something I had to do, and it looked like fun."

Q: Hyunwoo is a character who is falsely accused of a crime and is released from prison ten years later. It was a different world for him after all those years trying to open up to the lawyer. You must have put quite a lot of emotion into acting for the role?

"It wasn't hard trying to change physical appearances or expressions. Since these types of falsely-accused scenarios has been done multiple times, I thought of a way to present it from a different point of view."

Q: It is rare to see the use of the actual victim's real name. Did you receive any advice from Mr. Choi on portraying your character?

"His body structure is very different from mine. He is very well-built, whereas I'm more on the lean side. I met him once and I remember just having a normal conversation about life. He must have been deeply wounded by the experience, so I took caution in addressing him."

Q: You've worked on mostly real-life based projects. Do you like those types of real-life stories? 

"This is my third time doing a real-life based work. There's something about real-life events that entice you. The only thing I'm expressing is what's written in the script."

Q: Having this interview, I feel you are a straight forward person. Your 'good boy' image is pretty pronounced.

"I didn't think of myself as the good type growing up. I just thought, why not have fun with the people I meet and enjoy the moment? It's all about respect after all. Of course, it's nice to perceive me that way. But looking at myself, I never thought to be the good type. I'm just a normal person."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/03/kang-ha-neul-talks-about-his-film-new-trial-in-depth

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Movie 2017] New Trial 재심

Archived