[Drama 2016] Age of Youth 청춘시대

Go Seung Ji

I like how Each Episode we listen Monologues of a Female Character and how those Monologues fit real life relationships so well. Episode 5 - Ye Eun's inner thoughts and Episode 6 - Ji Won's loud broadcast of thoughts. Episodes Titles hit right away with the content of the Episodes and then we have last 1 minute mini Interviews of girls. I'm enjoying this style of Director and Writing Display of Writer.

I will start with Ji Won - Ji Won is love and life of the House. All the main action,events and Positivity is coming from Ji Won.  1st episode - Girls having trouble communicating with Newcomer Eun Jae and in 1 minute Ji Won clears the air between housemates. Ji Won also have a very keen eye and catches things right to the point. Those Pervert talks even embarrass me. You can imagine what Eun Jae and Ye Eun has to go through. Hehe. At the same time Ji Won is quite sensible too and always makes right points and try to help Eun Jae and Ye Eun as much possible.

Ji Won is funky and that's why life of parties but at best a Female Friend for all the guys.

Good to see Yi Na back in the house and having normal conversations with other Girls.

Jin Myung still acting distant from other girls makes her an Outsider. And sexual Harassment+Heartache isn't doing anything good to her. Jin Myung need to join other Girls and wants to do so too but restraining herself. Why? Because believes in that these relationships can make her weak.  Father's Innocent Daughter Ms. Ji Won give some wisdom of words to Jin Myung too.

@kaiskloset @qiets thanks for the pics and videos @XXXlatebloomerXXX thanks for the translation. 

Ye Eun is totally the normal lovesick idiot whose heart is deciding every wrong thing now. Brain is overturned again by emotions of Ye Eun. And here i want to punch that Infuriating Boyfriend. Episode 5 was funny but whenever i saw Ye Eun i felt pity for her. Jin Myung hits right at point in Episode 6 by talking about Ye Eun not knowing about herself and her own worth.

Eun Jae and Yong Jeol Romance is cute cute cute. Yong Jeol rightly guessed that Eun Jae doesn't know anything about love and that attraction towards Long-hair-Sunset Guy wasn't even Love and then Cleaning Your love's nose. Ahem. Eun Jae jumped from so called 1st love to Yong Jeol in 1 day. Amsuing, Funny and laughable yet that Kiss to no kiss to kiss scene is adorable.

Ji Won fell into her own punishment and became a happy Wonder Woman and i really liked that Girls enjoying their time together and thankfully Jin Myung joined them.

Writer already declared at the half of Show that things will change and We the audience have already seen that many things are Changing. I think Future episodes gonna have a bit more of Despair, Disappointment, Tears, Heartache and more of Girls Bonding with each other.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong! :D

It's still me.

Regarding the actors in AOY, I also shared the same feeling as @finallyanoppatostan with PEB. I was feeling indifferent to her (though I know she is a good actor) but now I love HER! This character actually challenges her acting range and am so glad she accepted it. Loving Han Ye-ri more and more. Hwayoung! finally got to love her character and she rocks! Seung-yeon and Hye-soo also fit their characters well. 

And again this is the first time I actually like Yoon Park's character. Happy for him. Based on the comments I translated (will share after this), Koreans also want more of him in AOY. I am definitely gonna keep my eyes for Shin Hyun-soo. 

OK, on to the next video: uri MELO couple! (after uri ROMCOM couple)

VIDEO 2

밀어내도 언제나 지켜주는 윤박의 상처 "나도! 쪽팔리고 싫어요"
Yoon Park, (who) always protects (Yoon Jin-myung) even being pushed away, (feeling of) hurt "Me too! (I am) embarrassed (to keep coming to you) and I hate it”

Top Comments

[+1364,-2] 윤박 분량 넘 작아요 많이 나왔으면
[+1364,-2] Yoon Park’s screentime is so short (please) come out more often

[+1023,-1] 윤선배 마음이 너무 이해가 되서 더 슬프다..얼마나 저 손 잡고싶을까 얼마나 기대고싶을까..손 잡는 순간 약해질까봐 무너져내릴것같으니..
[+1023,-1] I can understand Yoon-sunbae’s feeling (thus) I am more sad.. how much (she) wanted to hold on to (his) hand (and) how much (she) wanted to lean on (him).. the moment she holds on to his hand, look how weak she becomes looking as if she’s crumbling [t/n: oh my, this is so sad!]

[+732,-2] 아이커플넘나단짠ㅜㅠㅠㅜ
[+732,-2] Ah, this couple is really breaking my heartㅜㅠㅠㅜ

[+613,0] 히잉.... 너무 슬프다 진명이가 자기 마음 솔직히 표현못하는 이유가 계속 더해져만가서.
[+613,0] Sigh…. So heartbreaking, the things that cause Jin-myung unable to show her true feelings are continuously coming (to her).

[+554,-2] 쪽팔리고 싫은데도, 거절당해서 속상하고 상처받아도 옆에 있어주고 싶으니까. 그래서 사랑하는 걸 어쩔 수가 없을 테니까 저러는 건데...
[+554,-2] Even (he’s) embarrassed, or disliking (it), even (he’s) rejected or disappointed or getting hurt (but) he wants to be by her side. Because he loves her so he cannot help it..
[t/n: omo:tears:]

[Credit to Naver; Translation by ME]

I fell in love with this drama since 1st episode!! I just love cohabitation stories, moreover girls' bond!!

My favorite couple must be the youngest one because they just make me feel looking at my friend who has no clues on a senior trying to hit on her. Cuuuteee <3 (and what a delightful preview of ep 7 for me! hihi)

Hey there!!! I've finally decided to join in on the discussion here for Age of Youth because it's such a GOOD DRAMA. I didn't think that I'll like it BUT I was hooked after watching the first episode and I'm currently going to start on ep4. I love every single one of our girls at Belle Epoque, and my favourite couple is Eun Jae & her sunbae because they are so cuteeeee :wub: This drama is soooo relatable (especially for college girls) and so good despite its realistic storyline. It calms me down whenever I watch it, not sure if anyone feels the same way haha. More people need to watch this underrated drama omg 

I like Song Ji Won the most, yet it feels like we have to wait for a while before getting onto her story. I wanna see her back story and how her romance would go. It seems like she would end up with her male friend. I like the chemistry between them.

Watched only an episode so far and really enjoyed it. So much that I'm going to check out more of their episodes. Could relate to the new roomie as sometimes you hold back for fear of confrontation. It also makes her passive and easily taken advantage of. That scene where that student called her a ***** in the bus was too much. So glad that she let out her anger toward the end. Although I wished she lashed out more LoL. She really is too nice. Good for her she tossed out that witchy girl's purse out the window LoL. I like how the other girls didn't bully or alienate her after her outburst but instead changed their ways and included her more. 

4 hours ago, riribl said:

I like Song Ji Won the most, yet it feels like we have to wait for a while before getting onto her story. I wanna see her back story and how her romance would go. It seems like she would end up with her male friend. I like the chemistry between them.

me too. i like her chemistry with that guy, lee sung min.

this drama is so good. i like all of their story and girls, i like them a lot.

i like the timid eun jae. i love the powerful Ji Won. i adore the cuteness of Madame Jung. i admire the strength of Yoon Soonbae

and the last i am the fan of Yina's style.

but that stalker ahjussi, who is he ? will he do something terrible for Yina ?

i hope Madame Jung's boyfriend will realise about her love. yeah i wish :X

On 8/11/2016 at 8:39 AM, ruzikie said:

me too. i like her chemistry with that guy, lee sung min.

this drama is so good. i like all of their story and girls, i like them a lot.

i like the timid eun jae. i love the powerful Ji Won. i adore the cuteness of Madame Jung. i admire the strength of Yoon Soonbae

and the last i am the fan of Yina's style.

but that stalker ahjussi, who is he ? will he do something terrible for Yina ?

i hope Madame Jung's boyfriend will realise about her love. yeah i wish :X

zikie sis! welcome hug :) new ep later and im so excited :) preview on yoon sunbae riding cutie chef motorbike :) yayyyy! finally

i want her to go for that elusive loveline of hers. its about time i think. read it somewhere that she and chef will be having a baby together kekeke so

i totally anticipating scenes leading to that #byeontaealert! anyways! love all our gurls, from super sexy Yi nah to lovely Ye-Eun

and the super amazing JiWon hahaha bringing the house down with all the slapstick scenes....

and of course maknae Eun Jae whom i can relate the most

from clumsinesss to cluelessness to dorkiness and all, love love love!

이미지중앙

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201608121008267898447_1

600,400http://www.wowtv.co.kr/newscenter/news/view.asp?bcode=T30001000&artid=A201608120033

Translation by Fan from Dramabeans

And there is ‘Age of Youth’ which I love. It had a press conference. [xSports News, OSEN]
This show features each of five leads’ story every week. It began with the timid new college student Yoo Eun-jae(park Hye-soo), and continued with Jung Yae-eun(Han Seong-yeon of Idol group Kara), Kang Yi-Na(Ryu Hwa-young), Yoon Jin-myung(Han Ye-ri) and Song Ji-won(Park Eun-bin).

PD Lee said he was fascinated every time when he read the writer Park’s script, and there was nothing that required him to get involved to make it better. “Currently all my attention falls on how to portray the scripts well, and how to make it in right way.. We’ve spent so much time and many episodes for character set up and development in the beginning. Other dramas pour in most energy in the beginning, and pull the rest of episodes with that power, but our drama offers character introduction and a key to secrets in the beginning, and evolves to search for the answers. I dare to say it will be more fun as show continues.”
Writer Park already finished writing. Han Ye-ri said because all scripts were out it was easy to do acting. “In acting point of view, completed script is big strength in deciding what part you have to emphasize and what part you should not emphasize.”

About the comment “They usually say when actresses gather together atmosphere can turn to be scary.” Park Hye-soo/Eun-jae (the youngest of the group) said “When I have shooting, I get to stay with unni(older sis) for more than 20 hours. We talk lots of personal matters, like diet problem, dating, and share each other’s concerns and worries. I am always happy to come to the set because I can listen to those stories from unni who are sunbae(senior) in this area. I feels like I gain something in my life. Looks like unni having good time too.”

All five actresses expressed they felt most connected to Eun-jae character, and all agreed the charms of ‘Age of Youth’ is that every character has at least one relatable point. Han Ye-ri said “Everybody has a first time, so all feel relatable to Eun-jae.” And Ryu hwa-young/(sexy) Yi-Na shocked people saying “My dating style is similar to Yae-eun.”

Park Eun-bin is gaining some fame? for her Ji-won role. PD Lee said “First time we met, she gave me impression like SinSaImDang (graceful, Just like her role as HJ’s wife from Guam Heo Jun). But now she became completely Ji-woon from the way of walking to the way of talking. Ji-won is a character who can see a ghost, play guardian angel listening to other people’s concerns. It is the role giving advice and suggestion by examining a problem from a spectator’s point of view, rather than someone standing in the middle…

in the middle of the problem.”

Park Eun-bin said “The viewers said they felt energy watching me, and it made me feel good because that was what I was hoping for.”
She said she thought she wouldn’t feel embarrassed for filming the scene where she danced in the club, but it actually became burden. “People around me said they had expectations, but they seemed to have more worries and concerns. PD-nim didn’t believe in me either. I just shaked arms and legs as body moved without any choreographed move. I had muscle ache and my throat hurt when swallowing next day. I think there will be more dancing scenes in the future and now I can dance even without music.”

Ryu Hwa-young had a kiss scene earlier with Han Seong-yeon (That was OMG moment, remember?). “My first kiss scene was with Lee Seong-gi oppa in the movie ‘Love Forecast/Today’s Love’, but I felt better this time because my partner was a woman, so her lips were moist. I wish there are more. Please look forward to Womance.” (which remark made other actresses cringed) And she said she was envious of Han Ye-ri’s lips if there are lips she wanted. Han Seong-yeon/Yae-eun said “Well actually when I started acting, I vaguely thought there would be a day doing a kiss scene with a woman, but I didn’t know that day would come this fast. Anyway Hwa-young did powerful kiss so I was able to have a good reaction fitting to that action.”

Han Seong-yeon and Ji Il-joo are couple in the show. Han said “It is date in which both of them are clinging type.”
Ji Il-joo said “Kara debuted when I was in the army. I liked Kara, but when I met her first time, I didn’t recognize her. As we were talking, I realized she was Han Seong-yeon and I thought I won the lottery. I am shooting happily. I am thankful to PD-nim.” About playing ‘bastard’ Doo-young in the drama, he said “Go Doo-young is terrible bastard, no doubt. I am not like him. I am a devoted man. I treat a woman well, and listen to her well. I am also a boyfriend who does his best.” Han said Ji was really great partner “It is fortunate that Il-joo oppa can act well and has lots of acting experience. He helps me to depict Ye-eun as relatable character.”

Han Seong Yeon who made ratings promise “We will perform Kara’s hip dance if ratings go over 3%” previously said, “Han Ye-ri majored in dancing, Park Eun-bin is ok from what I’ve watched. Ryu Hwa-young is not bad. But the one I worry the most is Park Hye-soo. If ratings go over 3%, I will be totally responsible for training her to do the dance. So Please let us have ratings over 3%.”

Top Discussion on Ep. 7

article.jpg

Credit : jtbc Drama

Rating 8/13/2016 ( Nationwide )

1. The Good Wife ( tvN ) : 4.455 % ( + 0.142 % )  --------------------------->  Ep. 11

2. Age of Youth ( jtbc ) : 1.361 % ( + 0.082 % )  ----------------------------->  Ep. 7

Credit : AGB Nielsen

Congrats...the best rating so far... :wub::wub::wub:

Watched six eps of AOY last night, and it was wonderful >< I don't think I've come across a drama this detailed with the range of personalities presented. With all these personalities you could definitely relate to or admire at least one of them :)

Guest skeletonworks

The drama that I always anticipate every weekends. Ship Chef Park and Yoon sunbae so much! Hopefully they will end up together! Yoon sunbae.. it's okay to lean on someone else especially when that someone doesn't mind it at all...

Top Topic Discussion on Ep. 8

20160813212833_cats.jpg

Credit : jtbc Drama

Rating  8/14/2016 ( Nationwide )

1. The Good Wife ( tvN ) : 4.222 % ( - 0.233 % )  ----------------------> Ep. 12

2. Age of Youth ( jtbc ) : 1.373 % ( + 0.012 % )  -----------------------> Ep. 8

Credit : AGB Nielsen

WOOOOOW...the rating is increase again... :wub::wub::wub:

Archived