[Drama 2016] Age of Youth 청춘시대

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the only drama I'm interested at the moment and it's so good ! (all the other ones out there, the popular ones just are not my taste....) I finished all 4 episodes.

The feel, the characters, the music, the ambiance of everything, the storyline... it's just perfect! 

I like how it adds mystery (the shoe closet ghost), the mysterious/ freaky (?) ahjussi frequenting the bar yi na goes to... and we only get to see bits and bits of everyone's story , but it still feels very fulfilling.

Everyone is so unique I like all their characters. This show might be slow to some people, but I really like the pace of it. Not to mention its 12 episodes which is suitable for this storyline. Kinda gives me a japanese dorama feel~~~

Anyway, I really liked the ost and they haven't released an official ost yet but I found some from naver (seems like old songs released from independent  artists): 

Sogyumo Acacia Band - Soon Kan (Moment)

안녕의 온도 (The Warmth of Hello)  - 겨울로 가기 위해 사는밤

What should I say?

First of all, I'm back logging in to this forum after so many months thanks to this drama. :D

I love this drama so much. I love the dynamics. I love the dorm's interior. Everything about the drama screams cuteness. The girls are :heart: and I'm a sucker for slice of life drama so.....
I love how we can see from at least one girl's perspective in every episode. In the first episode, we viewed the story from Eun Jae's little perspective until finally learned the big picture at the end of episode. We can also see Kang Yi Na's and Ye Eun's perspective in episode 2 and 3 and I'm so glad that we slowly learn the bit and pieces of Yoon Jin Myung (poor girl goes so hard on herself </3) I cried with her at the end of episode 4.

I'm waiting to learn about Song Ji Won. She has the brightest and easy going personality but who knows....the saddest one always smiles the most. I'm curious how she ended up being able to see ghosts.

I'm looking forward to see how the writer will unfold all the mysteries in the drama.

2 hours ago, huama said:

This is the only drama I'm interested at the moment and it's so good ! (all the other ones out there, the popular ones just are not my taste....) I finished all 4 episodes.

The feel, the characters, the music, the ambiance of everything, the storyline... it's just perfect! 

I like how it adds mystery (the shoe closet ghost), the mysterious/ freaky (?) ahjussi frequenting the bar yi na goes to... and we only get to see bits and bits of everyone's story , but it still feels very fulfilling.

Everyone is so unique I like all their characters. This show might be slow to some people, but I really like the pace of it. Not to mention its 12 episodes which is suitable for this storyline. Kinda gives me a japanese dorama feel~~~

Anyway, I really liked the ost and they haven't released an official ost yet but I found some from naver (seems like old songs released from independent  artists): 

Sogyumo Acacia Band - Soon Kan (Moment)

안녕의 온도 (The Warmth of Hello)  - 겨울로 가기 위해 사는밤

Thank you so much for this :)
I like that the osts give off the indie vibe

I also found another one

소규모아카시아밴드 - 나비

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/age-of-youth-episode-3/

Drama Recaps

Age of Youth: Episode 3

by chocolatte  

ageofyouth03-00812a.jpg

For as much time as our heroines spend thinking about (or actively engaging with) romantic interests/members of the opposite sex, it turns out that female friendships — or more accurately, love-hate relationships with your roommates — are just as frustrating and difficult to navigate. It’s easy to brush off your housemates as strangers that you happen to share a place with; it’s a whole different story to have to admit that these “strangers” actually play a bigger role in your life, challenging you and changing you in more ways than one.

EPISODE 3: “I’ve never once loved myself #rotten roots

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/age-of-youth-episode-3/

Dramabeans Recap http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/age-of-youth-episode-4/

I think I love this show. The wait for episodes doesn’t exactly drive me insane like most dramas, but when I do get to watch another episode, I fall back into the story effortlessly as soon as the characters walk onscreen. It’s almost like sitting down for an hour and catching up with some friends. And in today’s episode, we catch up with our silent observer Jin-myung, a character whose inner thoughts I’ve been dying to hear since day one.

EPISODE 4: “My dream is to be a company employee #proof of poverty”

ageofyouth04-00005.jpg

Hey all

I'm joining you guys and gals from today onwards. I like to see strong female characters and any show where most of attention is on a female character i watch it right away and here we have 5 different Girls with Different family background and personalities.

Also This seems like a niche show very few of Korean citizens or international fans watch. I don't care about ratings at all. Many of the popular and highly rated shows have no plot and storyline and 1 dimensional characters.

JTBC is my favourite channel and they don't shy away from airing off-league and realistic Tv Shows.

I like the Slice of Life dramas and feel the Director and Writer are doing Good Job. 1 minute Interviews and then at the start of the episode Discovery Channel's 15seconds video to show the title of the episode looks cool.

Also i think this is Character Driven shown than Plot Driven. Plot is all about 5 girl roommates building a strong relationship and facing their life issues. Though 1st 4 episodes extra Emphasize on getting boyfriends annoyed me.

As for characters - I like all 5 girls

Yoo Eun Jae - The countryside shy girl who can actually shout sometimes but mostly a pushover in a Huge City. Eun Jae can't compete against social butterflies of a modern city. It's good to see that Eun Jae has comfortably build a good relationship with other 4 girls.

Song Ji Won - is all fun and entertainment, quirky and energetic. I enjoy even scene of Ji Won. I smile,laugh feel embarrass all because of Ji Won. AT the same time Ji Won is quite sensible person too and shows warmth towards other girls.

Jung Ye Eun - is cute though quite annoying too. Ye Eun makes fast comments based on someone's attire alone but at heart is quite good person. I want to beat that Boyfriend to the pulp. Ye Eun needs to grow a lot and keep some sensible and steady decisions. Ye Eun is too much indulged in superficiality to hide the lack of confidence and insecurities.

Yoo Jin Myung - The poor hardworker juggling between multiple part time jobs. I like Yoo Jin quite a bit and hope that Chef wins Jin Myung's heart.  It's good to see Jin Myung coming to learn and accept  the harsh realities of life by watching other girls.

Kang Yi Na - the boldest having multiple sex boyfriends. It is mild form of selling your body. Yi Na like really cares about others girls. Accepts the current situation but doesn't feel disgusted by it. Hate all of this yet isn't ashamed of it.

I like the Ye Eun -  Yi Na and Yi Na - Jin Myung Ji Won - Eun Jae  Dynamic.

Right now each of the girl's personality and life views are colliding with other Girls views. This friction is creating a strong bond between them as well as removing their weakness and helping them become a better and strong person.

Yoon Jong Yeol is trying hard to get the attention of Eun Jae but Eun Jae is too wary of Jon Yeol right now. oh ho Eun Jae attracted to tha Kpop type guy and Ji Won turning every guy into Male friend is awesome and hilarious at the same time.

Music is simple and soothing. I am enjoying the music.

Hi All! I heard about this drama from a friend. I have not watched it yet but saw the clip of the kiss! Then saw some other clips from EP 4 out of curiosity. Then sped through and read all 4 episode recaps at Dramabeans. I think this is on my agenda to catch up on. I love that relationships, trials and tribulations they are all going through. So right up my alley and the slice of life reality without sugar coating it.

So it seems each gal has been the narrator of each episode so looking forward to Ji Won's story.

I wish this was more active but I cannot contribute much as I don't know fancy gif making, don't want dramas "live" as I am at work during those times being in East Coast of USA. But Thanks for a venue /forum to squee when need be. 

OMG I just put alot of hard work into a post and my computer crashed the post is GONE. UGGGH.

Clips from EP 5 enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qPRDjbw_iQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPJjkQrwTRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmDjoQo52Og

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljw87_-Yxfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsFiMnQNv0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N54fa2Ra7KM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oye6m4tU9_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonSLlxq-us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0j7lZiJ-sA

Preview for episode 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdI2PkL-xI

Originally I wrote something for each link but it got erased then again my Korean is beginner and I have no more time. I cannot wait to marathon this drama this weekend.

The show has come out from the left field and totally brought good viewing with it. Very well written drama and the very different characters and stories of these girls make it interesting and good drama. So far am enjoying this immensely.

I love love this drama~~

I thought it was gonna be a boring drama but it's fun! We can relate to these girls' life~

I'm glad that Eun Jae isn't a timid girl anymore:lol: It was so funny when she had zero interest to that Jong Yeol sunbae, the sunbae tried so hard to be close to her but she didn't like that and thought that he's disturbing her :lol: She fell for weird sunbae easily, forgot him easily after just crying and one party night and the next day she had zero interest to that sunbae and immediately likes Jong Yeol sunbae :lol:

I like Han Seung Yeon acts natural here. I wish she can reduce her love to the boyfriend ;)

I watch all Hwayoung's projects and she always nailed her characters! :w00t: Kang Yi Na's force is no joke. Her body is big, her face is strongly beautiful, her acting is great :o I'm so curious about her past. She's reported in newspaper as a survivor.. Survivor what? :o

Poor Yoon sunbae :( Her story is too realistic and I understand that love feels so burdening in her situation but she can't help but likes the cute chef :(

I really love Park Eun Bin here. Always watch her dramas but I never liked her before, she was just average. She shines so bright here as Song Jiwon.. I can see her as Oh Hae Young successor with her comedic acting~ It is cute that her dad thinks that she's an innocent shy girl haha even Yoon sunbae was shocked :lol: I like her male friend at campus, I wished he came to the party and make cute moment with Jiwon but ........ :vicx: I'm praying for Jiwon to get a boyfriend soon :D

No preview for next week -_-

I watched the first episode out of curiosity, I didn't think I would like it. But OMG, it's sooooo good! I love the characters, they are each so different in personality and their back stories are really interesting.  I look forward to the coming episodes!!!

Annyeong Belle Epoque's Ladies :wub: (haha, how I wish I can be their hommies too!)

Finally I decided to join the forum & contribute a bit for the love of AOY & ladiessssss....

I actually knew I was gonna like this drama since I have always liked 'lady-centered' dramas/movies e.g. Sunny, Mondai no Aru Restaurant (fav!), Shomuni (the original)...so again I am so loving it when AOY managed to be as what I expected. (and I am now more interested to so-called 'low-rated dramas' since mainstream is boring!:phew:;))

With this type of drama, I like that I can love all of the main characters/ladies with their weaknesses & shortcomings. Yeah, maybe some may not like Ye-Eun (JYE) or even Eun-Jae (YEJ) (my gosh, she's adorbs!) and at times I feel like FF scenes with JYE's BF but I believe it's part of their life-learning and I love that they compliment and really care for each other. 

OK, to get this thread movin', Im gonna translate top comments from AOY's videos from Naver.

FYI, as of Sunday around 9.00am KST, the video of YEJ headbutting Jong-Yeol Sunbae (YJY) when he tried to kiss her was #1 in Top 100 Naver videos for Dramas/Movies. And 4 of 5 of Top 5 were from AOY :w00t: So proud of AOY! As of now, there are still many AOY videos from Epi. 6 staying strong in the Top 100 Naver, Hope this gem will receive more and more love:wub: (p/s: I think that Koreans like YEJ-YJY couple since their videos are the most highly watched, at least for Epi. 6)

p/s: apologies for any inaccuracy in my translation

VIDEO 1

안 되는데… 안.. 돼요돼요 (부끄☞☜) 선배 설렌다~♥
(You) cannot…No..you can’t..can (blush☞☜) Senior (Jong-yeol) heart-fluttering~♥

Top Comments

[+1890,-10] 아 남자애 뭔데 왜이래 설레이게하냐 ㅠㅠ 저런 간질간질한 설레임 너무 좋다. ㅜㅜㅜ
[+1890,-10] Ah what’s with this boy why making (our) hearts flutteringㅠㅠThat kind of tickling excitement is really good. ㅜㅜㅜ

[+1181,-11] 박치깈ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 귀여워 은재
[+1181,-11] HeadbuttㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋEunjae is cute

[+1089,-18] 키큰거봐...와....설레.....
[+1089,-18] Look at the height (difference)…waa…heart-fluttering….

[+985,-8] 스토리가 사실적이라 진짜좋다ㅋㅋ내가 연애하는것같고 옛날기억도나고 좋당ㅋㅋㅋ풋풋한 느낌때문에 너무좋아요ㅋㅋ
[+985,-8] I really like the story ‘coz it’s realisticㅋㅋI like (stories) like romance & that brings old time memoriesㅋㅋㅋI really like its refreshing feelingㅋㅋ

[+846,-3] 내심 기대했..크큼.. 은재 부끄러워하는거 너무 귀여움.. 종열선배 박력..심쿵!
[+846,-3] Secretly anticipating (the kiss).. 크큼… Eunjae getting all blushed was so cute.. Senior Jong-yeol ‘s energy…heart-throbbing!

[+825,-6] 치마입은거 예쁘다고할때 왕설렘☺
[+825,-6] When he told her that she looked pretty wearing skirt… major heart-throbbing☺

[+713,-10] 요게 흥해져야 드라마의 다변화와 시청자의 수준을 높게 책정한다고 봐욤.,,,실은 기냥 맴버가 이리 참신한데 좀 봐야하는거 아님.
[+713,-10] (??) becoming more popular (I would like) to see the diversity (in this) drama and the viewership rating.,,, in fact, the members (of Belle Epoque) are so unconventional  so shouldn’t more (people) watching it?

[Credit Naver; Translation by ME]

Archived