[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited! kdrama has been lacking political action drama.. it;s always death and revenge and married affairs or historical romance.. need to see action with soft touch of romance and drama. And this is it..

Thanks everyone for the updates. :D

[Drama] First stills and teasers of Ji Chang Wook in “The K2”

ktwo_17.jpg?w=600

Photos of Ji Chang Wook at the first filming of his latest drama “The K2” were revealed today.  Kittens and muscles together.  OH MY.

ktwo_18.jpg?w=600

The photos show him in the midst of filming an action scene. A representative of the production team said, “Ji Chang Wook portrayed a realistic action scene without holding anything back. He learnt things quickly and produced excellent results, leaving the production team impressed. He is also an actor who showed detail in his emotional acting. Audiences will be able to discover the contrasting appeals of Ji Chang Wook through ‘The K2.' ”

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.wordpress.com/?p=18221&preview=true

It’s all muscles and kittens for action drama The K2

by javabeans | August 26, 2016 | 30 Comments

ktwo_17.jpg

He’ll always be Healer to me, but Ji Chang-wook looks like he’ll be just as action-driven for his latest drama, tvN’s upcoming The K2. In the show, he plays a former elite soldier who is employed as a bodyguard to the wife of a presidential candidate, who’s played bySong Yoon-ah (Assembly). Although in this still, he looks more interested in protecting kitties. (Look at that tiny little thing!)

Ji’s character is described as skilled in martial arts and armed with cool-headed judgment, and we’re told that he’s been abandoned by his country and fellow countrymen, though it’s not clear yet how. The leading lady is missing from the photos below of the drama’s official script reading, but that role will be played by idol star Yoon-ah (Prime Minster and I), who was cast after the reading took place. Her character is an isolated young woman who suffers from a childhood trauma that prevents her from being able to communicate with the world. Yet it’s through her that the hero will begin to feel newfound emotions.

Meanwhile, Jo Sung-ha (Neighborhood Hero, Hwajung) plays the presidential candidate and Song Yoon-ah’s husband, while Kim Gab-soo (Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho) will be his rival. Hm, why do I find it difficult to know who’s the good guy and who’s the bad guy among them? Although, I suppose there’s also a fair shot that neither of them is a good guy.

Well, they’ve certainly got me intrigued. The plot information is pretty scant at this stage so I’m going a lot on faith here, and hoping that this drama will represent the better end of the spectrum of the producers’ talent—that is to say, more on the Chuno andConspiracy in the Court end for PD Kwak Jung-hwan (and not so much Basketball), and more of the first half of Yong-pal for writer Jang Hyuk-rin, as opposed to the latter half. (He also wrote OCN’s thriller Reset.) More than that, though, I’m looking forward to seeing Ji Chang-wook back on TV, and hoping that he’ll live up to his unprecedented paycheck; it was recently reported that Ji Chang-wook has drawn the biggest-ever per-episode fee at tvN. Considering some of the big-name stars tvN has cast, that’s an impressive metric. Do us proud, Healer-ya!

The K2 will be tvN’s next Friday-Saturday show, airing after The Good Wife. It premieres on September 23.

Spoiler

ktwo_18.jpg

ktwo_2.jpg

ktwo_4.jpg

ktwo_3.jpg

ktwo_1.jpg

ktwo_5.jpg

ktwo_6.jpg

ktwo_8.jpg

ktwo_7.jpg

ktwo_9.jpg

ktwo_16.jpg

ktwo_15.jpg

ktwo_14.jpg

ktwo_13.jpg

ktwo_12.jpgktwo_11.jpg

Read more comments http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/its-all-muscles-and-kittens-for-action-drama-the-k2/

5 hours ago, jongski said:

Excited! kdrama has been lacking political action drama.. it;s always death and revenge and married affairs or historical romance.. need to see action with soft touch of romance and drama. And this is it..

Thanks everyone for the updates. :D

HEALER  has politics and action drama..

On July 26, 2016 at 4:56 PM, irilight said:

@konjo, thank you for your answer.   I think most everyone in entertainment business have to consider their schedule when affirming a role. We have already seen sort of an issue with that in Park So-Dam signing to Beautiful Mind, and it turned out that Cinderella and Four Knights was delayed in filming which seemed to have brought a conflict of interest for some time. (but they were able to work their way around it)  I think they all need to take that into consideration.

I think it is pretty much a done deal that she is in.

She just wrapped up a movie with Hyun Bin too..

On August 19, 2016 at 1:05 PM, dhyca said:

Hi Everyone :)

im looking forward for this drama!
The Story: i really like bodyguard theme :D JCW in suit..wow.. haha, i dropped Yongpal but i really hope this drama has good story
The Cast: i love Yoona & JCW.. visual couple!! just by looking at them, both standing next to each other look so nice together :wub:
pliss tell me that Yoona will have sweet romance with JCW.. they look so nice.. (im watching W atm, i like HHJ & LJS together too..hihi)

anyways still 1month more to go.. patiently waiting :D
i just really want to hear new news from this drama.. no posters, etc but fanmade did really amazing :D
i will keep checking this thread.. just hope beautiful story for this action romance ;) 
hope u guys will keep updating.. thanks before Chingu!

So far, I guess nothing can beat HEALER story....  But still hoping for a good one, considering the writer's integrity.. at least the director is noteworthy, as one of his works was nominated in Emmy awards.... and excited for Yoona's new transformation... I guess it's less romance.... and the writer's style has love betrayal in the end.. hope not this time..

They were both cast since they are both popular in China right, so maybe expecting a chinese viewers...

On 12/8/2016 at 3:50 AM, Mayyes said:

Hello everyone my first post here. I come here because of the writer. Haha... His last drama Yongpal was one of my favourite. Maybe it was a mess in the end, but still watchable and worth to watch. I just need to forget the last 2 ep and blamed SBS for forcing the extensions. Hahaa... 

About casts, honestly I never watch their drama. Haha... I did watch Ji Chang Wook in Healer but dropped it, the same thing went to Assembly (Song Yoona) and Local Hero (Jo Sungha). And Yoona, not even once I ever saw her in drama. But its okay, I am kind of person who watching a drama based on the story, not the casts or rating. The story premise about thriller, mystery, action and revenge is my cup of tea. Adding a bit of romance is not bad at all. 

But, only one month to prepare? Its kinda weird for TVN drama. They usually has done shooting for half of the drama before airing it. I just hope they dont end up live shooting. Is it action series, right? It will be hard to do live shooting. See you Sept 23 my friends... Keep update this thread, okay! :grin:

If you are "a kind of person who watching a drama based on the story, not the casts or rating", I  suggest you to give Healer another chance: the author (Song Ji Na) is awesome, and it shows. Especially from ep. 7 onwards, that drama takes off and skyrockets. It's my all-time favourite. 

5 hours ago, hrh77 said:

HEALER  has politics and action drama..

Take a look at this analysis of that (AWESOME!) drama's social and political themes: https://serenamariabarbacetto.wordpress.com/2016/05/06/weed-and-feed-how-we-give-up-our-freedom-without-noticing-or-caring/

7 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

It’s all muscles and kittens for action drama The K2

by javabeans | August 26, 2016 | 30 Comments
  Reveal hidden contents

ktwo_18.jpg

ktwo_2.jpg

ktwo_4.jpg

ktwo_3.jpg

ktwo_1.jpg

ktwo_5.jpg

ktwo_6.jpg

ktwo_8.jpg

ktwo_7.jpg

ktwo_9.jpg

ktwo_16.jpg

ktwo_15.jpg

ktwo_14.jpg

ktwo_13.jpg

ktwo_12.jpgktwo_11.jpg

Read more comments http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/its-all-muscles-and-kittens-for-action-drama-the-k2/

Shirtless, dirty, smiling JCH + adorable kitten with a small tail pointing upwards? Ok, I surrender. I'm on board! *_* <3 

11 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

If you are "a kind of person who watching a drama based on the story, not the casts or rating", I  suggest you to give Healer another chance: the author (Song Ji Na) is awesome, and it shows. Especially from ep. 7 onwards, that drama takes off and skyrockets. It's my all-time favourite. 

Maybe if I get hooked to this drama, I will try to watch Healer again. I watched it when it was airing in 2014 (but dropped around 6th ep) and then try to watch again after seeing Park Min Young in Remember-War of Son 2015, but dropped again. I also confused by myself, why the story didn't work in my head. Hahhha......

I love ji chang guk and i like the idea of seeing him and yoon on screen as  a pair. I ve been waiting for a ji chang guk drma after healer. I loved healer .

5 hours ago, Mayyes said:

Maybe if I get hooked to this drama, I will try to watch Healer again. I watched it when it was airing in 2014 (but dropped around 6th ep) and then try to watch again after seeing Park Min Young in Remember-War of Son 2015, but dropped again. I also confused by myself, why the story didn't work in my head. Hahhha......

You should give healer a chance its one of the best dramas ive ever seen and one of my favourite drama.

You have to see Ji Chang Wook's latest look for The K2 (we're talking toned abs and ripped muscles)

by Sholeen Damarwala on Fri, Aug 26, 2016

44ca27d4-dbe0-476c-a239-dfe0d76e12e2.jpg

If you thought Ji Chang Wook was the ultimate K-drama chocolate boy, then his latest look for The K2 will have you give that image a serious rethink! Drum rolls for the big Greek God body reveal....

He's playing with a kitten *dies*! And look at those muscles....

b9785de0-8c45-41fd-a5ea-0ead35930066.jpg

One of those action scenes from The K2 where he's putting his new bod to good work! The Healer actor plays the character of a former mercenary who take on the job of a bodyguard.

33db57cb-3a29-412a-a042-d953a614b6b2.jpg

His agency revealed that in order to take on the action sequences, the actor began lifting heavy weights to pump up his muscles and energy levels. "With great agility and reflexes, his combat training has been going smoothly. It’s great to see him working hard even amid a packed schedule. You can look forward to his action scenes in the drama," they said. 

Here's a final image of the actor from one of the script reading sessions. All we see, though, are those muscles bulging under his black t-shirt!

b14b9985-0215-44e8-8314-d95195416124.jpg

https://www.dramafever.com/news/you-have-to-see-ji-chang-wooks-latest-look-for-the-k2psst-we-are-talking-toned-abs-and-ripped-muscles/

JCW, Yoona, Song Yoona and the rest of the K2 crew went out for dinner. 

The two female leads (and friends IRL) Yoona and Song Yoona went for a second round of drinks :P

For pictures:

20 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Take a look at this analysis of that (AWESOME!) drama's social and political themes: https://serenamariabarbacetto.wordpress.com/2016/05/06/weed-and-feed-how-we-give-up-our-freedom-without-noticing-or-caring/

Undeniably, Healer is my all time favorite Kdrama...... Never ever ever trust  and rely on ratings.... It's different nowadays.... Ratinga are subjective, depending how many fans the lead star does... But the story is a trash!!...

Healer is timless and classic, yes and Song Ji Na was the trendsetter on highly rated writers before (and it shows)... I felt that ratings for Healer was fabricated since it's from Song Ji Na, they want to end her reign... hehehe..

Archived