[ Drama 2016] The K2 더 케이투

MindfulL

tvN Presents

nsTst5I.jpg

89Y7MFR.jpg2jCSmZR.jpg pOHNCtz.jpg

K2

Screenwriter: Jang Hyuk Rin (Yong Pal)

Director: Kwang Jung Hwan (Neighborhood Hero)

Production Company: HB Entertainment

Network: tvN

Cast

Main

Ji Chang Wook as Kim Je Ha
Song Yoon Ah as Choi Yoo Jin
Im Yoon Ah as Go Anna
Jo Sung Ha as Jang Se Joon
Lee Jung Jin as Choi Sung Won
Kim Gab Soo as Park Kwan Soo

Special appearance
Son Tae Young as Anna's mother

Plot

Ji Chang Wook (Healer, Warrior Baek Dong Soo) and Song Yoon Ah (Assembly) star in a political drama that shows you really shouldn’t mess with somebody’s present when they can royally wreck your future. Kim Je Ha (Ji Chang Wook) is a former secret service agent, unquestionably patriotic yet abandoned by his colleagues. An elite soldier, Kim Je Ha is also tremendously athletic, armed with martial arts skills and ice-cool nerves known to few. He gets hired as a bodyguard by Choi Yoo Jin (Song Yoon Ah), the premier First Lady candidate and the daughter of a chaebol family. Behind Choi Yoo Jin’s kind and friendly demeanor, though, lies a woman with deep ambition and a ruthless willingness to pursue it at all costs. Amidst his struggles and her ambitions, there is also Go An Na (The Prime Minister and I star and SNSD member Im Yoon Ah), the reclusive and hidden daughter of the presidential hopeful who, due to a childhood trauma, is unable to communicate with the world and only sees love as a tool for revenge. So when she and Kim Je Ha, both abandoned souls slowly growing closer, decide to enact vengeance upon the people who wronged them, can they put their own traumas aside and focus, or will their emotional scars cause them to fail in their quest for retribution? Adding to the drama are Jang Se Joon (Neighborhood Hero alum Jo Sung Ha), the presidential candidate, Park Gwan Soo (Mirror of the Witch actor Kim Gab Soo), his morally questionable rival, and Kim Dong Mi (She Was Pretty star Shin Dong Mi), the steely and cold right-hand woman and chief secretary of the First Lady hopeful.

(credit: DramaFever)

Character Relationship

8NQLqFKe.png

0jeiO5N.jpg

196H38m.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS'

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot / activities is considered spamming. 

Don't quote videos/images.

Do not post successively except for live blogging on drama's airtime.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Dramafever) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

All Videos , Photos are property of their respective owners (tvN). Fan cam photos and videos must credited to their rightful owner. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ji Chang Wook Considering Lead Role In “Yong Pal” Writer’s New Drama

ji-chang-wook.jpg

Actor Ji Chang Wook is in talks to return to the domestic small screen via an upcoming tvN drama.

According to reports on June 14, the star has been offered the lead role in screenwriter Jang Hyuk Rin’s (“Yong Pal“) new project entitled “K2.” The drama will be directed by Kwang Jung Hwan, known for his work on “Chuno/Slave Hunters” and “Neighborhood Hero.” HB Entertainment is in charge of the production.

Ji Chang Wook’s reps have stated that they are still considering the offer.

“K2″ is expected to premiere on tvN in September. The time slot has not been confirmed, but it appears that either “K2″ or “Tomorrow with You” (working title) starring Han Ji Min will become the follow-up to the Friday-Saturday drama “Good Wife.”

The drama tells the story of a secret service guard, abandoned by his country and peers, who uses the secret daughter of a strong presidential candidate to get revenge on those who betrayed him.

This would mark Ji Chang Wook’s first domestic drama after the hit series “Healer.”

Source

• 4 weeks later...

[Breaking] Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah reported to have confirmed roles in new tvN drama “K2”; Glorious Entertainment states casting is not official yet

20160710094130_2.jpg

10 July Update:  According to several news reports today, it has been reported that both Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah have met with the production company in charge of “K2” (working title), and that their roles have been "confirmed."  (Song Yoon Ah will be portraying the role of a wife and eldest daughter of a Presidential front-runner candidate; she will not be cast in the “hidden daughter” role that still has yet to be cast.)   Again, there is still no official press release from Glorious Entertainment other than their statement "It's true that this is a project that he's considering, but his appearance is not confirmed yet," so as always, take this with a grain of salt.  But if all the major news portals are reporting the same thing, then it looks like the tvN project is going ahead... with or without Ji Chang Wook.   We will update as more information is known.

Guest ororomunroe

Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah confirmed for tvN drama 'K2'

fhjdsh.jpg

Source: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/ji-chang-wook-and-song-yoon-ah.html

Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah to Collaborate on tvN Political Thriller Drama K2

It’s tvN for the win in landing two prominent names for another serious thriller type drama. The network has confirmed Ji Chang Wook for K2, and joining him as one of the female leads is veteran actress Song Yoon Ah

Read more: http://koalasplayground.com/2016/07/10/ji-chang-wook-and-song-yoon-ah-to-collaborate-on-tvn-political-thriller-drama-k2/

18 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah confirmed for tvN drama 'K2'

Source: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/ji-chang-wook-and-song-yoon-ah.html

Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah to Collaborate on tvN Political Thriller Drama K2

It’s tvN for the win in landing two prominent names for another serious thriller type drama. The network has confirmed Ji Chang Wook for K2, and joining him as one of the female leads is veteran actress Song Yoon Ah

Read more: http://koalasplayground.com/2016/07/10/ji-chang-wook-and-song-yoon-ah-to-collaborate-on-tvn-political-thriller-drama-k2/

Thank you so much for the news about K2, and if you don't mind next time plz also post in Song Yun Ah thread as well, thanks again :D

Dramabeans:  Lee Jung-jin reteams with "Runaway" director in "K2"

leejungjin_runaway1.jpg

We’ve got a confirmation for bodyguard-action drama K2, though it isn’t one that had been mentioned previously as a possibility: Lee Jung-jin (Temptation, Hundred Year Inheritance) will be joining the upcoming tvN drama about a presidential candidate’s hidden daughter and a bodyguard abandoned by his country.

It isn’t clear yet what Lee’s role will be, but it doesn’t sound like he’ll be the bodyguard; Ji Chang-wook was previously announced as being in talks for that lead role, and as of the latest reports, he is still considering it. So is Song Yoon-ah (Assembly), who is up to play the role of the ambitious first lady.

Another Yoon-ah was briefly in the mix to join the show; the SNSD idol and Prime Minister and I star was announced as a contender to play the lead role of the daughter for all of two seconds before the denials came rolling in. She was apparently offered the role but had already declined, so the initial articles had misreported the story.

K2 will reunite Lee Jung-jin with PD Kwak Jung-hwan, who worked with him on Runaway Plan B back in 2010 (Lee also made a cameo appearance on Kwak’s 2013 period drama Basketball). Not gonna lie, this excites me more than it should, because Runaway Plan B was a drama whose plot I can barely recall — anything I do recall had to do with Lee Jung-jin and the utterly irrational crush I had on him throughout its run. It’s something I hadn’t felt for him before that point and haven’t felt since; there’s just some weirdly inexplicable magic about Lee in that show that worked for me, and hey, who can explain they mysteries of drama attraction?

Just to keep expectations in check, this is a drama to be written by the Yong-pal writer, Jang Hyuk-rin, which is a mixed bag; Yong-pal had some of the most addictive and exciting early episodes of any drama in my recent memory, but also fizzled pretty painfully after the halfway mark. For the sake of Ji Chang-wook and Lee Jung-jin, I’m going to keep my hope alive; hey, writers learn from their mistakes, don’t they?

It also looks like K2 will win the fight for the post-Good Wife timeslot on Fridays and Saturdays; for a while, it was uncertain whether tvN would schedule K2 or the time-traveler’s romance drama Tomorrow With You, which had been courting Shin Mina and Lee Min-ki. Those castings are not confirmed, and after Lee Min-ki was hit with a sexual assault accusation last week, tvN backpedaled despite his name being cleared of the charge (DNA evidence confirmed a different person); Shin Mina’s casting status remains equally uncertain. Should K2 get the slot, it will premiere in September.

Via My Daily

K2 or Tomorrow With You.....wow.....I want K2.

This is what I'm waiting....Ji Chang Wook's coming back with an interesting story line.

Trying your best with the script, jebal, writer-nim. I already believe in our Wookie :wub: & Song Yun Ah, Lee Jun Jin.

Thanks @KimYoojungxLeeBitna for opening the thread! Thank you @cherkell for updating! Hope we get the whole team announcement soon!

Yoona and Lee Jung Jin in Talks to Join Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah in tvN Drama K2

Posted on July 18, 2016 by ockoala

dsfsa.jpg

There’s a drama casting news dump to liven up a Monday, and this one has all the signs of hitting the spot for me. Upcoming tvN thriller K2 is drumming up additional big name actors and actress to join Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah, and the biggest of the casting is the leading lady role that seeks revenge and finds love instead. Actress-singer Yoona has been offered the role, which will pair her up with Ji Chang Wook’s bodyguard as the OTP. Lee Jung Jin is talks for the second male lead role, and veterans Kim Gab Soo and Jo Sung Ha have also signed on and will be adding their charismatic gravitas to the proceedings. I have such the affection for Yoona ever since Prime Minister and I in 2013 so she’s got a wide berth from me to tackle this revenge driven bastard daughter role even if her name wasn’t even on my radar as potential leading actresses for this since I think she’s ideal for rom-coms. Her and Ji Chang Wook is also a pairing I never pondered before but am game for, who knows what type of chemistry they can rustle up.

dssdas.jpg

dsfvs

dsalds.jpg

Note: Yoona already rejected the drama, according to news reports and Dramabeans

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/07/18/yoona-and-lee-jung-jin-in-talks-to-join-ji-chang-wook-and-song-yoona-in-tvn-drama-k2/

So if she rejected this.. who's gonna replace her?  Okay fine,  does it have to be someone cute  and young..ish? Ha ha. Can I make a request to  TVN dramagods...somebody that's gorg and awesome  and good acting skills. one that I'm liking right now..... up coming actress it's Lee Sun Bin (aka Mi Joo) from 38TF haha :D  Shameless request Ha ha.

thank you for starting the thread @KimYoojungxLeeBitna

Waves to friends on the thread, @ororomunroe, @jongski, @cherkell, @kaiskloset, @kanyaprasetyo, little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon. , and hello to everyone else on the thread. I look forward to sharing.

I am here primarily because of JCW and LJJ. I love them both.

I also like Song Yoon-Ah (Liked her a lot in Assembly), Kim Gab-Soo (I was amazed by his transformation from a timid husband and father in All About My Wife to a chilling calculating villain in Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-Ho.) and Jo Sung-Ha.

I am not crazy about this scriptwriter, and I hope he does a better job than he did in prior drama, that started off strong, and ended up flat or with plot holes.

calling on @evie7, @valsava, @rain719, @alekaonu, @UnniSarah, @valsava, @LavelyShai,

@irilightThank You for the tag:wub: I'm definitely going to give this one a look. I hope that writer-nim does go for the action through out this one. I enjoyed Young Pal but agree that he did lose direction towards the end. Ji Chang Wook is great w/action that I hope that this one doesn't lose any steam either.

@KimYoojungxLeeBitna Thank you for starting this thread 

8 hours ago, irilight said:

Waves to friends on the thread, @ororomunroe, @jongski, @cherkell, @kaiskloset, @kanyaprasetyo, little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon. , and hello to everyone else on the thread. I look forward to sharing.

I am here primarily because of JCW and LJJ. I love them both.

I also like Song Yoon-Ah (Liked her a lot in Assembly), Kim Gab-Soo (I was amazed by his transformation from a timid husband and father in All About My Wife to a chilling calculating villain in Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-Ho.) and Jo Sung-Ha.

I am not crazy about this scriptwriter, and I hope he does a better job than he did in prior drama, that started off strong, and ended up flat or with plot holes.

calling on @evie7, @valsava, @rain719, @alekaonu, @UnniSarah, @valsava, @LavelyShai,

@irilight.... Thanks for the shout out Chingu. :) I will be joining you ...

On 19.7.2016 at 5:01 AM, yumiko_hitoshi said:

Thanks @KimYoojungxLeeBitna for opening the thread!

On 19.7.2016 at 0:08 PM, kaiskloset said:

thanks for opening the thread chingu @KimYoojungxLeeBitna

9 hours ago, irilight said:

2 hours ago, evie7 said:

@KimYoojungxLeeBitna Thank you for starting this thread 

You're welcome :P And also thank you for joining this thread :) Let's work together well and keep this thread updated :D

Yoon-ah reconsiders tvN bodyguard drama K2

Yoonah2.jpg

Huh. Well it’s certainly not every day that someone turns down a project before the casting announcement gains any traction, and then positively reconsiders the same drama a week later, but that’s exactly what’s going on with tvN’s upcoming bodyguard romance drama K2. Girls’ Generation’s Yoon-ah (Prime Minister and I) is up for the lead role (again), and it looks pretty likely that she’ll sign on for the thriller romance opposite Ji Chang-wook (Healer).

rest of the story via source

Daum screenshots from all the Yoona news on reconsidering k2 casting today..

its from SM ent side, like Dramabeans theory, she'll most likely to sign considering

its just a few days away from her initial refusal...hmmm im confused too :blink:

9a4309c9_o.jpeg

oh... What's up with this YoonA reconsidering now?  I don't think I have ever heard of someone turning down a project and then coming back wanting it after all.

YoonA Considering Comeback With Ji Chang Wook Drama

YoonA Considering Comeback With Ji Chang Wook Drama

On July 26, a source revealed that YoonA might be making a Korean drama comeback soon opposite actor Ji Chang Wook.

The source said, “YoonA will be appearing in tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama ‘K2’ (tentative title). She was contemplating after receiving the first offer and said that it would be difficult but her casting has been achieved.” Following reports have stated that YoonA hasn’t officially confirmed her casting but is favorably considering it.

If she accepts her role, she will be portraying Ko Anna who is a recluse/hermit and hidden daughter of an important leader. Her father is a presidential candidate while her mother is a former famous star. Growing up surrounded by great public interest resulted in psychological trauma. Thus, she suffers from anthrophobia (fear of people) and experiences panic when seeing flashing lights. She ends up returning from France to Korea due to a photo taken by chance.

“K2” tells the story of a secret service man who loved his country and his colleague only to get betrayed by them both and the hidden daughter of a presidential candidate who wants to use love as revenge. The drama will also reveal the secrets of the potential First Lady. Song Yoon Ah, Jo Sung Ha, Lee Jung Jin, Kim Kap Soo, and more have been confirmed. The first script read-through has been finished and the cast will be heading to San Roque, Spain to film.

YoonA’s last Korean drama was KBS2’s “The Prime Minister Is Dating” in 2013. Since then she has acted in the popular Chinese drama “God of War, Zhao Yun.”

PD Kwak Jung Hwan of “Slave Hunters” (also known as “Chuno) and “Basketball” and writer Jang Hyuk Rin of “Yong Pal” will be heading this drama. HB Entertainment will be the production company as well.

“K2” will air in September following the run of “The Good Wife.”

source

Yoona ‘positive’ on return to Korean small screen

Singer and actress Yoona may take the lead role in tvN‘s upcoming TV series “K2,” according to S.M. Entertainment Tuesday.

“We stay positive (on her acting in the series),” a source from S.M. Entertainment was quoted as saying in news reports. 

The reports came about a week after Yoona’s agency was reported to have rejected the role earlier. 

“We rejected the offer once, but Yoona was later offered the role again,” the source added. 

If Yoona accepts the role, “K2” will mark her first tvN series and the return to Korean small screen after KBS 2TV‘s 2013 series “Prime Minister and I.”

Yoona has been offered a role of a hidden daughter of a presidential candidate and a celebrity, who suffers from mental disorders. 

Ji Chang-wook and Song Yoon-ah have accepted roles in the show and attended a script-reading session on July 17.

“K2” will follow “Good Wife,” Friday-Saturday series starring Yoo Ji-tae and Jeon Do-yeon.

source

2 hours ago, irilight said:

oh... What's up with this YoonA reconsidering now?  I don't think I have ever heard of someone turning down a project and then coming back wanting it after all.

It's because she signed onto a huge upcoming Chinese drama called Santu. They were meant to start filming late May/early June but it kept being delayed due to investor issues. 

It seems like she wanted to take on K2 in the first place but she was attached to Santu contract filming so she rejected it. That's why some articles say she rejected it at first because of difficulties (schedule conflicts). Filming for Santu was delayed so much, that the contract is practically void now so she can now sign onto other dramas to film. 

Apparently the cast already have had a script reading. I suspect it was the two days before Yoona's Chongqing China fanmeet. 

I'll be coming back here if Yoona is official confirmed by SM (more or less she is to be honest - but just to be on the safe side). 

Archived