[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Better Man/ 我的極品男友

jenny59229

3 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

What I didn't like was how when Yan Zhi saw Zhen Hao helping Yi An on her computer and they were close, his face fell. What was that all about? He has put her firmly in the friend zone if you ask me, and now that he sees a potential suitor for her, he wants to have the stank face??? Sorry to break the news to you, but Yi An and Zhen Hao have been stuck in the rain together, stuck in the mountains together and have fought together. Yi An and Yan Zhi might be old friends, but she and Zhen Hao are new friends and soon to be lovers! It's inevitable, and there is nothing Mr. Congeniality can do about it.

Alternatively, it could be that he didn't realise how close the two were and was concerned that his dastardly plans would hurt her personally. ;)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

WHATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! I never even thought of that. Oh wow, if that is the case, then the you know what is definitely going to hit the fan. The brothers are very close, birth secret or not, and they won't allow an "outsider" to break up their bond. I laughed out loud when Yan Zhi was in the office with Zhen Hao and they ran into Zhen Kai and You Zhen. Yan Zhi tried to shake Zhen Kai's hand and ZK was not having it. He looks at him as the enemy trying to take his 2nd Ge's woman away from him. It also didn't help that You Zhen knew him as well. 

What I didn't like was how when Yan Zhi saw Zhen Hao helping Yi An on her computer and they were close, his face fell. What was that all about? He has put her firmly in the friend zone if you ask me, and now that he sees a potential suitor for her, he wants to have the stank face??? Sorry to break the news to you, but Yi An and Zhen Hao have been stuck in the rain together, stuck in the mountains together and have fought together. Yi An and Yan Zhi might be old friends, but she and Zhen Hao are new friends and soon to be lovers! It's inevitable, and there is nothing Mr. Congeniality can do about it.

Zhen Kai keeps winning points with me. I love how he has established a better relationship with You Zhen. Now that he knows her stance on relationships, I believe he will work hard to change her mind to seeing how beautiful a good relationship can be. Poor guy, he doesn't even realize that he is already in love with her.

Nylon Chen's name has been added to the opening credit scrawl so he's sticking around for a while...can definitely see some upcoming family drama. 

What makes a daily drama sell, especially with an ensemble cast, is the chemistry between the actors/actresses and this drama has done a really good job in that department. 

I think it'll take some time for Zhen Kai and You Zhen to be official...she's definitely the one most cynical when it comes to (most) men. It's going to be awesome watching Zhen Kai try to win her over.

I do appreciate with Wei-Xin why each father would object to their relationship. From Wu Bei's perspective, Yi Xin is still so young and inexperienced in love and in many ways naive and innocent, whereas Yang Ba's thinking that Zhen Wei's at a stage in his life where his wife or other half should be someone mature and wise that he can rely on, like You Zhen. Their objections or concerns are very valid and I'm glad this is going to be a realistic obstacle that the drama is addressing. 

Okay, Yi An is starting to subconsciously rely more and more on Zhen Hao. She was surprised that Zhen Hao wasn't going attend the conference with her and Yan Zhi, she was bummed when Zhen Hao wasn't going to come over for dinner and kept looking at him even after leaving the office, she kept talking about during dinner- with Yan Zhi right there, she remembered Zhen Hao's words of encouragement when she saw the spider and used him as her motivation, and then it's like a light bulb went off when she heard what Zhen Hao had to say about loving someone during Zhen Kai's awesome experience. 

Kudos to Zhen Kai for helping his big brothers win brownie points with their gals!

On 7/10/2016 at 7:11 AM, dekaron said:

The scene where YiAn sees the photo of ZhenHao as a kid has only 2 brothers, is this a hint?

I never even really gave that much thought, although I did find it interesting that in the picture, the smaller of the two was Zhen Hao. He is like five years older than Zhen Kai, so that seemed a bit suspicious. Then of course he told that story about how he was small when he was a kid and got teased for it, but I think like you're saying it may be more to it than meets the eye.

Not to mention when Zhen Kai was helping You Zhen volunteer at the orphanage, he made the comment about wondering how it would feel to be like them. The writers are about to break our hearts. But I am sure that You Zhen will be there for him.

All three couples are really cute together. Wei-Xin pairing has definitely grown on me, It's quite challenging to write a convincing May-December type of love story, so hopefully the writers will be able to keep it strong. I look to A Gentleman's Dignity's Yoon and Maeri for a good example that won over the fans with the big age gap romance.

You Zhen's starting to crush on Zhen Kai hahahaha!

Grandma's back folks and she's not happy with the idea of losing her future granddaughter-in-law! She's so cute! 

Okay, I'm 99% certain Yi An doesn't like Yan Zhi, or if she did it was years ago, because she's totally jealous of the new designer! And again, Yi An cares a lot about what Zhen Hao thinks <3 Be still my heart!

For me the main reason why the Zhen Wei - Yi Xin coupling kinda works is because of Zhen Wei. He's doing and saying all the right things. He's obviously gone into the relationship with his eyes wide open but manages to see the benefits of being with Yi Xin. I think Uncle Wu saw that. He realised that Zhen Wei did actually have a good grasp of his overly dramatic, sometimes infantile daughter but didn't necessarily think it was all bad. ;)

That said, I'm still of the opinion that YX needs to grow up a little. Like a lot of kids she can be quite perceptive but naivete can become cloying after a while. But then ZW is probably a much more patient person than I am. :D

I'm thrilled to bits that YZ is starting to have feelings for ZK. It's about time, girl!

My eyes were tearing up during Zhen Hao and Grandma's scene- and then laughing once Zhen Kai came in. I miss my grandma...there's something super special about the relationship between a grandparent and grandchild.

There are a lot of Hao-An shippers by looking at the Facebook page. If you look at the preview credits, Hao-An shippers are ready to slug Yan Zhi because he's going to make his move with Yi An. I'm going to punch a puppy if Yi An doesn't realize she's falling for Zhen Hao soon. 

Nice Zhen Kai with the shoulder move! Zhen Kai's so sweet at times...

Caught upto ep 28,

@nubianlegalmindSaw the orphanage episodes, getting involved with donations and eventually going there often will probably lead to some discovery. Might be the time when this couple get together

Its funny YiXin keeps on saying I'm going to be big sister in law, although she still behaves like a child she is way too mature when it comes to dealing with relationships which feels unreal for someone with no experience

Sometimes ZhenHao appears creepy with how much he is involved in YA's life

I am so in love with this drama! Daily dramas are so hard to be committed to, but this has been the highlight of my vacation time. 

@dekaron Don't worry about Zhen Hao...those were some uncharacteristic episodes for him. He's going to be pretty great and break your heart soon enough. 

Thank you, I knew it with Yan Zhi. He's got history with Yang Ba.

I hope the drama/writers do address the topic of marriage/children with Wei-Xin because it's very realistic. When you're dating someone at 40, you probably are thinking marriage and kids in the very near future; but definitely not the case when you're 22.

Why do I suspect that while dad "disapproves" of Yi Xin, mom might disapprove of You Zhen because of the expectations she's set for Zhen Kai? 

@aggiesbabyMom's behavior around ZhenKai seems different compared to the other 2, I feel that she wont approve of YYZ as well. He will be caught up between being grateful for adoption if it goes that way, filial piety and love

YiXin has a long way to go when it comes to being oldest daughter in law of a big traditional family, looking after house, family, having kids, to have a job or not etc. These will come into picture once they get the approval from both families 

One thing I dislike about TW dramas is they show spoilery scenes inbetween which reduces the impact of some future situations

I thought it was rather amusing that Mum Yang was already thinking about babies and whatnot, putting the fear of God into YX. While it is somewhat early to be saying such things, there's no harm in a bit of a reality check. ;)

Despite her immaturity, I can't help feeling that YX is somewhat more perceptive than YA on the relationship side of things.

Although I really enjoy this show, a couple of episodes last week tended to be on the fillery side.

That whole scene between Zhen Kai and his mom just gave all kinds of deep family secret feels. Poor Zhen Kai, I feel like he is about to get the shock of his life, or his family will. I love how concerned You Zhen was about him and how she noticed how different he was right away. He needs someone like her to have his back. It was so LOL funny when the lights went and they both ended up on the floor, with him on top of her holding her chest. Poor Mei You has seen way too much between these two.

I think Yi Xin has her work cut out for her in order to be married to Zhen Wei. With him being the oldest son, the expectations for a daughter-in-law will naturally be high. Yi Xin is cute and bubbly, perceptive even. But, she is childish, loud and has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth. She has to grow, there is no other way.

Yi An finally made me happy. I could've told her about three episodes ago that what she felt for Yan Zhi was admiration. And Yan Zhi really got on my nerves with that rushed confession. What woman would accept a man saying he is confessing because he found out another man likes you??? It came out of nowhere and they simply don't have that kind of a relationship. The bigger questions is why is YZ threatened by ZH liking Yi An? When YA and ZH get together, what does that have to do with YZ or their business partnership? This family secret is going to bring YA and ZH closer I bet. I am glad the truth is out, ZH was torturing himself with his own assumption. YA is good for him. He is nicer, funnier and manly when he is with her. Plus, Nai Nai will be OVER THE MOON about it.

I am wondering if the writers or stylists for this show are going to develop the characters through their clothes, etc. It seems that the girls are wearing the same thing or variations of the same thing over and over! It's like there is very little budget for this poor show! I'd love to see them slowly do a makeover on the youngest sister. Get her out of those infantile clothes, no makeup and style her hair in a more adult fashion. Her mannerisms and style are not realistic for the changing (albeit SLOWLY) story lines. 

Same goes for the Nurse sister, she wears these drab looking clothes that look like they came from the budget bin at a THRIFT STORE. Here you have a gorgeous actress, singer and musician, and except for the time the couple were stuck out in the mountains in the cabin, she doesn't sing or play music. Take advantage of whom you've placed into the story! The story needs a few different threads starting, and we will see some concerning the doctor, but it would be nice to see some backstory on the Yang family itself, how it got it's money, a little bit about the mother's family, etc. If you are going to have 70 episodes, don't repeat similar things over and over, get into the WHOLE story of what someone watching the story would realistically want to know about these characters. 

I'd like to see SOME progression so that by the time we get to episode 70, it's not just weddings, etc. It could be a timeline stroll in the future, with the sibling's expanded story line as their marriages have grown children and furthered connections. I'd like to see how their dreams expanded, the beauty business, etc. I am sure there is going to be conflict about the (maybe) supposed "4th" brother (the Doctor) who was probably born out of wedlock. 

I hope that this is a wake-up call for the writers and stylists of this show to change it up a little bit and get some other elements into this show!! I love this show, but it needs something more...and fast or or it's going to be like food that has been cooking too long and has turned to mush..

So, I know you all saw Yan Zhi totally cockblock Yi An and Zhen Hao's date. I wanted to reach through the screen! He just couldn't let them have their time together. I don't know what this is going to accomplish, she already soundly turned him down. He needs to let it go. Now I know why I don't like him. It is not about him being the second lead. I actually really like Nylon Chen as an actor. But this character has hidden intentions and ulterior motives. For example, when Yi An came to the hospital to take care of him and she stayed the whole night. She was going to call Zhen Hao and then Yan Zhi talked her out of it because it was late. Then the next morning when Zhen Hao came to visit, Yan Zhi has to announce that she was there with him all night, then ask if she didn't tell him. It's like, you knew she didn't jerk, you caused it. I can't stand liars and folks with agendas. I don't know if he wants revenge on Papa Yang, but he is using her to do it, and that is not right. Their friendship may not survive this.

Zhen Kai, bless his heart, but he is so slow. How does he not know that he has feelings for You Zhen??? He should've realized it when he left his house in the middle of the night to go sit with her at the animal hospital over her guinea pig. Trying to set her up on a blind date is silly. Plus, he thinks and worries about her a LOT! I can't wait until he figures it out.

While Zhengkai maybe slow in realising his own feelings for Youzhen, I really didn't like how Youzhen was trying to fob him off. It was just unnecessarily brutal. I realise it's her way of being hard on herself, to sever her growing feelings for him but the truth is, he's completely in the dark. Sure he's intelligent enough to know that there's something going on with her but he shouldn't be "punished" for trying to be a friend to her in the best way he knows how. Poor guy he was so shaken and distraught to hear that all the nice things he was doing was being perceived as "offensive" acts . Great acting by Jolin there.

To her credit, she did suffer pangs for it. The sobbing in her bedroom was pretty heart-wrenching.

As for Yanzhi, there are definite dark undercurrents in his personality. I don't appreciate how he has somehow appointed himself as the gatekeeper of Yi'an's love life. He assumes too much about everything. He thinks he's right about everything. That self-righteous attitude will be his undoing.

It's interesting that his impetuosity is nicely contrasted with Zhenghao's judicious and more measured approach to things. 

I think it's coming to light that our good Doctor has an anger management problems. Not good when you've just invested a boatload of money, time and effort into a new business venture with him. Not good for a surgeon, either. (I am sure that our Doctor is also a surgeon, if he's done time in Korea learning "procedures" to bring to a Surgical Beauty business back home.)

I guess it says something about Nylon Chen's abilities when Yan Zhi, along with Yu Zhen, are the two most disliked characters haha.

Food for thought about that storyline if you're a doctor (also rewatching Grey's Anatomy at the moment), who do you save if one patient is a child and another is a parent with a child?

Episode 38 had to end with the cliffhanger...I knew the promo was too good to be true for Friday's episode. 

Wei-Xin: sweet as can be right now

Hao-An: *this close* to being sweet as can be

Kai-Zhen: their turn for angst

1 hour ago, aggiesbaby said:

I guess it says something about Nylon Chen's abilities when Yan Zhi, along with Yu Zhen, are the two most disliked characters haha.

Food for thought about that storyline if you're a doctor (also rewatching Grey's Anatomy at the moment), who do you save if one patient is a child and another is a parent with a child?

Episode 38 had to end with the cliffhanger...I knew the promo was too good to be true for Friday's episode. 

Wei-Xin: sweet as can be right now

Hao-An: *this close* to being sweet as can be

Kai-Zhen: their turn for angst

it has more to do with who medically has a higher chance of survival, you can't arbitrarily choose who to save based on personal preferences you could end up not saving either that way. Advance Triage pulling your resources towards those patients more likely to survive if treated.

On 7/22/2016 at 8:07 PM, Cayu18 said:

it has more to do with who medically has a higher chance of survival, you can't arbitrarily choose who to save based on personal preferences you could end up not saving either that way. Advance Triage pulling your resources towards those patients more likely to survive if treated.

From a medical standpoint, absolutely true, but the difficult part is always getting the loved ones to see that. Human beings are selfish in that aspect where we often see our loved ones are "more important."

Hope none of you have cavities because episode 39 is *THE* one for Hao-An shippers. The sweetness is going to give you diabetes!

Saw the latest news article/spoiler and Yan Zhi is :angry: I hope Zhen Hao put his weight behind the punch. 

In You Zhen's defense, Zhen Kai is sending mixed signals. He is out here playing matchmaker, but then he is doing everything a man would do that is in love with a woman. When Baby got sick, he stayed with her all night at the animal hospital. When she ran into her ex and ex-friend, he rode in like a knight in shining armour and pretended, very convincingly to be her boyfriend. When Mei You told him You Zhen took the day off and was at the hospital, he freaked out like he was her husband and went running out of the office like a mad man. When she said that she didn't really believe in love and relationships, he went through so much trouble to have the livestream with his brothers to prove her wrong. Honestly, a lot of women would catch feelings if a man was attentive like that. Then he turns right around and throws her on some other guy and takes it a step further to make it her personal mission to marry her off to someone. 

I'm sorry, but You Zhen needed to pull the plug on all of this! Zhen Kai has overstepped and went WAY over the line of professionalism. Yes, he means well, and I know he began to look at YZ as a friend, but considering how close they work together, the lines were becoming a bit blurred. It's bad enough, she has already been through office gossip with people thinking something is going on between them. I wish she had been nicer about pulling the plug, but Zhen Kai is so persistent, being mean was almost the only way. It is just frustrating that he hasn't figured out he has feelings for her.

Archived