[Current Taiwanese Drama 2016] Better Man/ 我的極品男友

jenny59229

I used to watch at segoideas, but the comment side makes speechless so i have switched to maplestage .. ep 22 is an awesome episode... Zhen Hao is soo adorable... i thought he is going to kick Yi An out of the house and makes her feel guilty for rejecting his confession! ... but he even allow her to dry his hair.. OMG! The way he look at her is priceless~~~!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last few episodes have been really good. Lots of laughs and some interesting developments on the relationship side of things. But it's nice to see that underneath all their prickles, our blokes are fundamentally decent human beings. Should we give credit to Granny for that? ;)

Jolin's hilarious in this. And it's good to see his character maturing. Will the youngest brother be the first to be a dad I wonder?

It's always a breath of fresh air watching romances from the male perspective so in that way it does really remind of A Gentleman's Dignity.

Loving this drama but the scene where Yi Xin brought Zhen Wei a lunch box that only a 6 year old would take to school all pink color with kiddy images on the front is ridiculous.  Not to mention the short chop stick pouch that only small hands would use.   Writer, please stop playing the kiddy card with Yi Xin as I find it to hard to believe that a 22 year old woman who is savvy about love and even gives good advice who's is wooing an older man would bring a "Barbie toy" lunch box to prove her love.  Good grief.  Stop it.  This woman is smart so give her the appropriate tools for her age.  She is an adult.

That being said, all the characters are well developed and have thoughtful lines to speak making this an interesting and fun drama to anticipate everyday.   I love the actors!

18 hours ago, desertflower said:

Loving this drama but the scene where Yi Xin brought Zhen Wei a lunch box that only a 6 year old would take to school all pink color with kiddy images on the front is ridiculous.  Not to mention the short chop stick pouch that only small hands would use.   Writer, please stop playing the kiddy card with Yi Xin as I find it to hard to believe that a 22 year old woman who is savvy about love and even gives good advice who's is wooing an older man would bring a "Barbie toy" lunch box to prove her love.  Good grief.  Stop it.  This woman is smart so give her the appropriate tools for her age.  She is an adult.

That being said, all the characters are well developed and have thoughtful lines to speak making this an interesting and fun drama to anticipate everyday.   I love the actors!

I agreed with you! YX is not as childish as the writer presented her to be, she may have her innocent moments but she is mature and brilliant as a woman when it comes to love.

I feel for Zhen Hao as Yi An's crush appeared, I am feeling the heartbreak and what is worst is that he will witness her with her crush and being so happy cycling with her crush.

I just breezed through 23 episodes this weekend..one I understand that it was not a smart decision, but wow did I get sucked into the stor and two I just realized this is a 70+....oh that is not good.

I love the dynamic of each characters, and I love how everyone interacts with everyone else, and that there is no unnatural barrier that limits each of the girls and the brothers from not only getting to know each other, but alsogetting to know each other within the context of who the person is within the families.

The writers have set a very good base of conflict for each of the couples that doesn't feel thrown together, so I am eager to see where the stories go from he really. But again, I know that this is a 70+, so I will really judge the show when we hit the half way point.

Can I just crawl into a corner and cry for Zhen Hao? Omg, the man is completely and utterly in love with Yi An and he's now doing everything humanly possible to make sure she's happy...he's definitely taking the 祝福也是一種愛 to a different level. 

Looking at each of the couples, I can't help but wonder which couple would have the best marriage lol. 

I have a new addiction!

I'm also becoming really invested in these couples even the one between Brother #1 and the woman-child which I was a bit iffy about. I like what the writer is doing with the main characters... Romance is certainly a major part of the story but the journey of growth that these guys have to go through is really lovely to watch as well. There's something really nice and grounded about how these people behave as human beings. A tacit understanding that the world doesn't revolve around them alone... that people have wills and the need to play them out in the kinds of choices that are offered to them.

It's quite refreshing really. 

It's really commendable for Zhen Hao to respect YA's wishes and create an amicable space between them. Falling in love has made him a more generous man which will no doubt put him in good stead with a whole lot of people. But because he's not acting to manipulate, his attractiveness will increase a hundred-fold. It isn't that he isn't "worthy" because he's really a great guy but perhaps what he needs is time and to maintain a healthy distance for the real deal to happen. The doctor seems to be an affable fellow and is the sort of man that women gravitate to because he's talkative and open with them although I'm not sure if he's the type they marry in the long run because he's just so friendly to EVERYONE.

I can sort of see why Zhen Wei might be attracted to the woman-child YX if you buy into that opposites attract thing. At times it looks like he's  a paternal figure for her rather than a romantic one because of the age gap or even a big brother type but in a way because she's optimistic, lacking in inhibitions and open-hearted that she's exactly the right thing to get him out of the funk he's in. She's so invasive that he can't help but take notice.

I have also really enjoyed Zhen Kai's journey with his PA. I think the writer did a really good job handling the one-night-stand in a way that brought out both his decency and his immaturity. Even if there are no long-term consequences to that event, I think the short-term consequences were well-done (the guilt and self-torment) and perhaps it has brought them even closer together in unexpectedly good ways. 

I'm glad to see that there has been a rather decent spate of Taiwanese drama lately. Hope it keeps up.

Good point about Yan Zhi aka Doctor that he's (at least right now) nice and friendly. Those type of guys really do make you comfortable and it's never awkward. 

That's an interesting contrast to how Zhen Hao makes Yi An feel. I've always been a believer that your significant other, while still loves and respects who you are, will also bring out the best in you and make you a stronger person. Yi An said there's no pressure with Yan Zhi and she's always at ease with him.

I don't know about her, but I definitely want butterflies and my other half to make me a stronger person :P Team Zhen Hao all the way!

P.S. I love the bonding/conversation scenes with the three brothers!

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can sort of see why Zhen Wei might be attracted to the woman-child YX if you buy into that opposites attract thing. At times it looks like he's  a paternal figure for her rather than a romantic one because of the age gap or even a big brother type but in a way because she's optimistic, lacking in inhibitions and open-hearted that she's exactly the right thing to get him out of the funk he's in. She's so invasive that he can't help but take notice.

Ha! I love that, "woman-child". Yeah, I wasn't feeling Yi Xin at all at first. I don't have a problem with an age gap, however, it is more believable if the younger person is mature and carries herself in a way that would appeal to someone much older than her. I'd say it is about 60%-40% right now where Yi Xin acts like a child, versus acting a bit more mature. She's getting there, and she has reeled in her fish, so good luck to her.

13 hours ago, aggiesbaby said:

That's an interesting contrast to how Zhen Hao makes Yi An feel. I've always been a believer that your significant other, while still loves and respects who you are, will also bring out the best in you and make you a stronger person. Yi An said there's no pressure with Yan Zhi and she's always at ease with him.

Exactly! I think we all have people in our lives that we feel really comfortable with, and usually they are our good FRIENDS. If it was meant for her to be with the good doctor, they would be together already. Plus, I don't feel love/likeness on his part towards Yi An. He just seems like a nice, cool guy. Whereas, Zhen Hao looks like he would move earth, land and water for Yi An. I think she is going to experience the difference and that light bulb will go off for her. One positive, I really like how she has changed Zhen Hao. He is so likable now.

Speaking of changing, You Zhen has performed miracles on Zhen Kai. Yeah, daddy knew what he was doing putting her by his side. He probably didn't bet on them kissing and then having a drunken passionate night too, but sometimes these things happen. There is a reason these two keep having "these moments" with one another. Some things are just meant to be. That night has made both of them nicer and more easygoing towards one another. Can't wait to see how these two develop further.

In terms of evolution, Wei-Xin couple definitely needs to step it up although it seems their struggles will start happening soon. It would not surprise me that while they're the quickest to becoming a couple, they are also the couple that would most likely experience a break-up during the series. 

I really think there's going to be a secondary story arc with Zhen Kai because it wasn't a coincidence that mom gave him that pen and the expectations demanded of him.

Yan Zhi is really giving me a weird feeling. Is he really the nice guy or is there something else? For selfish reasons, I'm perfectly fine with the writers making him a jerk lol

Saw this on Facebook and it's an absolutely perfect description of Zhen Hao's love toward Yi An:  女人一輩子最幸福的事,莫過於不管有多少美女,他的眼神永遠停在妳身上。

I loved Uncle Wu's reaction when Zhen Wei told him that he was dating YX. :D It was as if he swallowed a pebble or something painfully hard. LOL.

No matter how open-minded a person is, the age gap can be a problem. Not for everyone obviously and some people make it work for them but it shouldn't be discounted altogether. Yes, YX has worked hard to get her man but she's now on a high and hasn't thought through the ramifications. I don't know if they will experience break up but they will definitely have to work hard to keep it together. 

The couple I'm really interested in at the moment is the Zhen Kai - Ya You Zhen one because it's lovely watching them getting better acquainted bit by bit and appreciating each other more every day. I liked how she used her "card" to get him to go to the movies with her and then dragged him to help out at the orphanage. ;) They are so obviously attracted to each other but the egos get in the way. Still, they need to get the fundamentals right first.

8 hours ago, visiopeia said:

Tonight gonna be an epic episode for Yi An as Zhen Hao finally let her go.... 

I don't think Zhen Hao will truly let her go, but for Yi An's happiness, he's doing everything he can to make sure she get it even if it's Yan Zhi. And speaking of Yan Zhi, after this episode, he's DEFINITELY got ulterior motives. 

Episode 27 is funny for Kai-Zhen shippers! And I just went "awwww" throughout all the Zhen Hao-Yi An scenes. I get butterflies every single time Zhen Hao looks at Yi An like she's the most precious jewel in the world...女人一輩子最幸福的事,莫過於不管有多少美女,他的眼神永遠停在妳身上. 

2 hours ago, aggiesbaby said:

I don't think Zhen Hao will truly let her go, but for Yi An's happiness, he's doing everything he can to make sure she get it even if it's Yan Zhi. And speaking of Yan Zhi, after this episode, he's DEFINITELY got ulterior motives. 

There are so many troubling things about Yan Zhi that I don't know where to begin. First off, this whole idea that Yi An is in love with him came straight from Zhen Hao's imagination when she bought the tie. She tried to tell him then that it was for a senior.

When Zhen Hao came out and asked Yan Zhi if he liked Yi An, he answered that he was like a big brother to her and she a little sister to him. So we can take that as a NO. However, I do feel that he has an ulterior motive. Basically, she landed a BIG FISH. Zhen Hao is from a wealthy family, he has his own business and it is thriving. I find her senior's timing in popping back into her life rather convenient. I look at how he called her so that they could meet up. But, he couldn't even wait for her to get off of work. He showed up there while she was still on the clock, and then practically forced Zhen Hao to have dinner with them.

His talkativeness has also made me realize that maybe he intended to stir Zhen Hao's interest in a business opportunity. Poor ZH hasn't vetted this guy, he's going into this solely for Yi An's sake and she doesn't know how she feels about anybody! I don't think Yi An likes Yan Zhi. They are good friends, and like he said, brother/sister at best. I think she was on the road to liking Zhen Hao, but then he recognized his feelings and started to come on too strong. ZH has to realize that he doesn't have the most welcoming personality. Yi An has sort of brought him out of this cold shell he carries, but he could still improve.

What I think is going to happen is Yan Zhi is going to assume that Yi An likes him because of Zhen Hao. He is going to use this to his advantage, and in the process, she is going to end up like Zhen Hao. I just hope this doesn't turn into a really bad business decision for Zhen Hao.

Yes, the doctor guy is all kinds of dodgy judging from the mutterings of Ep 27. He's definitely up to no good.

I think we're beginning to see the rumblings of problems between ZW and YX. Not so much because of Uncle Wu's current objection which is quite valid but there's that mismatch in interests. It's telling that he's reading a book about western philosophy and she's into shounen when each doesn't think much of the other's reading habits.

Gotta to give the writer props for not shying away from the implications of that situation.

Although the once bitten, twice shy YZ's stance on independence and relationships is understandable and not without a kernel of truth, it's an extreme position. I won't disagree that we shouldn't rely on men to give us happiness but there can be a lot happiness to be gained in a mutually fulfilling relationship.

6 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

There are so many troubling things about Yan Zhi that I don't know where to begin. First off, this whole idea that Yi An is in love with him came straight from Zhen Hao's imagination when she bought the tie. She tried to tell him then that it was for a senior.

When Zhen Hao came out and asked Yan Zhi if he liked Yi An, he answered that he was like a big brother to her and she a little sister to him. So we can take that as a NO. However, I do feel that he has an ulterior motive. Basically, she landed a BIG FISH. Zhen Hao is from a wealthy family, he has his own business and it is thriving. I find her senior's timing in popping back into her life rather convenient. I look at how he called her so that they could meet up. But, he couldn't even wait for her to get off of work. He showed up there while she was still on the clock, and then practically forced Zhen Hao to have dinner with them.

His talkativeness has also made me realize that maybe he intended to stir Zhen Hao's interest in a business opportunity. Poor ZH hasn't vetted this guy, he's going into this solely for Yi An's sake and she doesn't know how she feels about anybody! I don't think Yi An likes Yan Zhi. They are good friends, and like he said, brother/sister at best. I think she was on the road to liking Zhen Hao, but then he recognized his feelings and started to come on too strong. ZH has to realize that he doesn't have the most welcoming personality. Yi An has sort of brought him out of this cold shell he carries, but he could still improve.

What I think is going to happen is Yan Zhi is going to assume that Yi An likes him because of Zhen Hao. He is going to use this to his advantage, and in the process, she is going to end up like Zhen Hao. I just hope this doesn't turn into a really bad business decision for Zhen Hao.

There's speculation on the Facebook page that Yan Zhi or at least his family, has a connection or history with the Yang family. Possibly with Zhen Kai because we can see how the parents have a different dynamic with him than with Zhen Wei and Zhen Hao. This is after all a 八點檔, so we must have the family drama part on top of the romance. 

Has anyone see the preview scenes in the ending credits? Something has Yi An spooked!

Let me give some kudos to Zhen Kai because his awesome plan had me laughing so much! It might be a while, but I can't wait for all 6 of them to be in a scene together.

Anyone else like the analogy Zhen Kai used during his conversation with Zhen Hao? That entire scene was just a huge thumbs up! I'm a sucker for bromance.

19 hours ago, aggiesbaby said:

There's speculation on the Facebook page that Yan Zhi or at least his family, has a connection or history with the Yang family. Possibly with Zhen Kai because we can see how the parents have a different dynamic with him than with Zhen Wei and Zhen Hao. This is after all a 八點檔, so we must have the family drama part on top of the romance. 

WHATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! I never even thought of that. Oh wow, if that is the case, then the you know what is definitely going to hit the fan. The brothers are very close, birth secret or not, and they won't allow an "outsider" to break up their bond. I laughed out loud when Yan Zhi was in the office with Zhen Hao and they ran into Zhen Kai and You Zhen. Yan Zhi tried to shake Zhen Kai's hand and ZK was not having it. He looks at him as the enemy trying to take his 2nd Ge's woman away from him. It also didn't help that You Zhen knew him as well. 

What I didn't like was how when Yan Zhi saw Zhen Hao helping Yi An on her computer and they were close, his face fell. What was that all about? He has put her firmly in the friend zone if you ask me, and now that he sees a potential suitor for her, he wants to have the stank face??? Sorry to break the news to you, but Yi An and Zhen Hao have been stuck in the rain together, stuck in the mountains together and have fought together. Yi An and Yan Zhi might be old friends, but she and Zhen Hao are new friends and soon to be lovers! It's inevitable, and there is nothing Mr. Congeniality can do about it.

Zhen Kai keeps winning points with me. I love how he has established a better relationship with You Zhen. Now that he knows her stance on relationships, I believe he will work hard to change her mind to seeing how beautiful a good relationship can be. Poor guy, he doesn't even realize that he is already in love with her.

Archived