Soobin as Haejoo in Super Junior Kyuhyun's 'Moving On' MV.

210126 Instagram Update

141171053_1656063841260643_351035893805024913_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=1tbi72lwVOwAX8T4XmB&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyz1-1.fna&oh=c387902c8f8999aff7e91c50b2c57037&oe=6036BBF6

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKgSbPKhngz/

8.gif?type=w1200

Spoiler

12%ED%97%A4%EB%8D%94.jpg?type=w1200

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=30565264&memberNo=41350603

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1

210203 Instagram Update <3

EtVjUZQVgAAfEFM?format=jpg&name=large

EtVjW6LVoAAWLfH?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK0WJbTBHaJ/

Unsung Artists: January 2021

February 3, 2021

By Siena

2021 has started off with a bang, for better or worse. In K-pop, it has definitely been for the better. January was packed with exciting music, including striking comebacks from Yunho, Chungha Oneus, Golden Child, and Dreamcatcher. Of course, in the real world, we’ve seen more of a mixed bag of eventful occurrences. 

In contrast to the busy and even hectic nature of the past month, this edition of Unsung Artists is filled with simple pleasures. The surface-level ordinariness of these MVs may have been why we didn’t get around to covering them at Seoulbeats. However, a closer glance at each reveals thoughtful details and straight-forward thrills. This batch of releases proves that an MV doesn’t have to be complicated to make an impact. 

Kyuhyun – “Moving On”

Spoiler

The winter edition of Kyuhyun’s ongoing Four Seasons project, “Moving On” has a comfortingly old-fashioned aura. Everything from its lush instrumentation to the sentimental story-driven MV is pleasantly predictable. 

The one unusual touch is that while the song’s lyrics seem to be from the point of view of Gong Myung’s character, who reluctantly but firmly initiates a breakup with his girlfriend, the MV is clearly rooted in the perspective of said girlfriend. Part of this may be because of the lovely performance of Chae Soo-bin, who communicates volumes with the smallest of gestures, but it also feels like a choice that the MV structure supports. 

“Moving On” opens and closes on a solo shot of Chae Soo-bin. She is the protagonist of the song’s visual storytelling, while her now ex-boyfriend is the protagonist of the song’s lyrical narrative. This sharing and contrasting of perspectives lends the otherwise softly simple “Moving On” complexity and genuine depth. 

https://seoulbeats.com/2021/02/unsung-artists-january-2021/

Edited by serenilmauve
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 9:24 PM, skye said:

210203 Instagram Update <3

Soobin said she was at a Gangnam bookstore in reply to Lee Sanghee's (her APOYM co-star) comment: “어디야 뭐야 왜케 이뿌 ! / Where are you what why pretty!“. Lol

Ahh my Sassy Go Go heart.

• Like 1

Comments that I usually read from people that went to see 'Grandpa Henry and Me' are that Soobin looks like a doll in person and that her face is super small. I think it's not an exaggeration~ I mean legendary senior actor Shin Goo's head size is almost twice as big as hers TT TT:)

Anyway, she will be performing on Valentine's day to close this season's 'Grandpa Henry and Me' which would make it a total of 29 shows that she would do all in all. I have a lot of respect for actors that do theater. For this one, she usually does 2 shows in a day and each show runs for about 2 hours. It must be tiring (especially for Shin Goo and Lee Soonjae), but I think she makes her fans at home the happiest whenever she performs on stage because they get to see her.

Soobin saying goodbye to Constance after her final performances on Valentine's Day. I'm proud of her, she's always worked so hard and it's especially meaningful right now due to the corona situation. I'm glad she was able to finish this while remaining safe and healthy, but I'm so sad that I won't be getting this kind of updates from now on.

210214 Instagram Update

EuPgH8NVcAApGm6?format=jpg&name=medium

EuPgM14UYAMekHQ?format=jpg&name=medium

EuPgKZjUUAgJ0Ah?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLRxxUehrhk/

They did stage greetings after the last 2 performances. In videos of curtain calls, too,  you would see her sometimes sniffling and that's because her character cries at the end of the show. And I just love her voice <3

ETA: I would love to know what the other cast members were saying about Soobinie, all I understood was the word yeppeun lol.

2 PM Stage Greeting:

Spoiler

5 PM Stage Greeting:

Spoiler

Finally, I read that there's gonna be a "live broadcast" of the play GRANDPA HENRY AND ME scheduled later on an unspecified date, for those that were not able to see it due to corona. They filmed this during the final day's 2 pm show. I wonder how this works or whether international fans may be able to have access to it. Hopefully in some way international fans would get a chance to watch it.

Spoiler

EuPwPf1VcAEIwhW?format=jpg&name=large

EuPwRe2U4AE4Rx6?format=jpg&name=large

videos and photos via dccsb

Edited by serenilmauve

It's not over yet:) there's gonna be additional performances on March 28, this time at the Gyeonggi Arts Center in Suwon.

EuV9p01VIAE0tVV?format=jpg&name=900x900

~

Also, actress Park Joohyun went on IG Live while she was with Soobin last February 14th. Here's what I read from another fan's translated comments on the content: 

- they've known each other since third year in high school

- Soobin said she feels very empty after her final performance in 'Grandpa Henry and Me'

- She also mentioned PIRATES 2....... but she just said she filmed from summer to winter, and that the shooting was done carefully (?) and it was very interesting, lol, no spoilers there

- Regarding advice to students preparing for the acting school, she said just relax and take the exam, school is not all, a lot of people in the circle can do well without being admitted, and don't regret doing your best in the present (she's so cool I'd like her to be my older sister or something, lol)

- She talked a bit about her experiences going on auditions: there have been cases when she wanted to be selected successfully but failed in the end, and there were also occasions where she was grateful for the opportunity to be selected first... even if it's a role she thinks she can't do (?) she wants to show everything she's prepared as much as possible on the spot; she said when auditioning, you need to show your true side, some directors may not let you say lines, you'll see if you fit the character through direct conversation, so you don't need to hide yourself in order to cater to the character; she said just be yourself.

What she said about acting is very insightful. It reminded me of what she said in an interview years ago, that whenever she took an audition she was taking it more as a lesson from which she could learn something from than a chance to be chosen for a role, and that she was grateful that she had a good opportunity early on. I'm happy that she has not changed, there are a lot of things I love about her but I really do love how authentic she is, I Iove her humility and her mindset when it comes to work.

Soobin's fans greeted her on her way home after her final shows in Seoul. The way she made the heart sign after one of them shouted "I love you" ^^

Baby girl <3. Posted by Yoo Damyeon.

EuhBnHLXYAM1dGK?format=jpg&name=medium

EuhBnjNWgAU1MaP?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EuhBoEZXEAUPd2f?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLWrg4Xs2GB/

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images/videos/gifs/tweets in spoiler tags, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the majority of her fans feel the same... at first I thought I don’t want her to take this on because I CAN wait longer for her to pick a better material. But I am going to trust in her judgment. And I think the PD and production company are good, and this being a Disney+ drama potentially is also a win. Whatever it is I’ll always support her, too. 

Anyway, the good news is that I heard her movie Sweet and Sour was acquired by Netflix. There’s no official news of that yet, so I’m crossing my fingers there’s gonna be one soon. 

• Like 1