[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Novoland: The Castle In Sky 九州·天空城

sugarplum892

d4477dc687231c2174385de241acd31f0f2310c0

Details:

Chinese title: 九州·天空城
English title: Novoland: The Castle In Sky

Genre: Ancient, Fiction

Episodes: 20

Director: Yang Lei (Stairway to Stardom 逆袭之星途璀璨)

Broadcast Period: 2016

Cast:

Zhang Ruoyun

Guan Xiaotong

Ju Jingyi

Liu Chang

Chen Ruoxuan

Zhang Luyi

Synopsis:

A Castle in Sky – how would one get there? Fly! In ancient times, because of their ability to fly (or make flying objects), the Yu Clan is regarded as gods by all. They live away from the people, high up in the mountains, busy constructing a castle in the sky, to the envy of others. One day, the castle explodes, causing an uproar in the Yu Clan. When the human race carefully observes the movement of the stars and mistakenly points to Yi Fu Ling (Traey Miley) as the suspect, heir/king of Yu Clan, Feng Tian Yi (Zhang Ruo Yun) tries his best to save and protect her, truly believing that she’s innocent of the accusation. In the end, all the manipulations stem from within the Yu Clan. Some don’t want to be considered as gods; they want to acquire and enjoy the wealth and benefits for being the “superior” clan. And starting a war seems to be a good idea. When Tian Yi understands the source of resentment, he and Fu Ling set out to defuse the growing hostility and impending war.

Novoland: The Castle In Sky 九州·天空城 Viki English Subbed Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Novoland: The Castle In Sky 九州·天空城 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Novoland: The Castle In Sky 九州·天空城 Raw Episodes

Stairway to Stardom 逆袭之星途璀璨 Official Drama Thread

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG The trailer for this drama is so good and the cinematography is soo beautiful!! It reminds me of The Journey of Flower :rolleyes:  I can't wait to watch it ..I just hope it doesn't air on Hunan, because there are some scenes that I saw that they may try to censor

7 hours ago, carmolita said:

OMG The trailer for this drama is so good and the cinematography is soo beautiful!! It reminds me of The Journey of Flower :rolleyes:  I can't wait to watch it ..I just hope it doesn't air on Hunan, because there are some scenes that I saw that they may try to censor

Thankfully not. According to the ending of the trailer, it will be released sometime in July on Jiangsu TV as well as Tencent.

• 1 month later...

I'am quite enjoying this drama and love the visual. Too bad viki is not working for me thus I can't watch it with sub. If anyone knows where else to watch this with subs please let me know.  The leading guy with blue eyes is becoming my favorite and hope his character will remain complex.

On 8/10/2016 at 3:28 AM, creidesca said:

A pity that subs were stopped on viki due to copyright issues. Now how am I gonna understand what the Regent Uncle had planned?

The subs were not stopped,  the videos were somehow deleted so their re-uploading them. They're going to continue.. It's just that they are volunteers so it's going to take a while, but this drama is worth the wait.B)

I'm so addicted to this drama, It's one of my new obsessions and I'm loving  Feng Tian Yi charcter.. he knows what he wants and goes after it ..although a bit brutally sometimes .. 2 questions as I just saw episode 16 

Did  Feng Tian Yi officially marry the princess or were they not considered married unless she was crowned?  and did his friend rape her after he used the drug on her to make her think that he was  Feng Tian Yi or did he set it up so that everyone would believe that's what happened?

58 minutes ago, carmolita said:

The subs were not stopped,  the videos were somehow deleted so their re-uploading them. They're going to continue.. It's just that they are volunteers so it's going to take a while, but this drama is worth the wait.B)

I'm so addicted to this drama, It's one of my new obsessions and I'm loving  Feng Tian Yi charcter.. he knows what he wants and goes after it ..although a bit brutally sometimes .. 2 questions as I just saw episode 16 

Did  Feng Tian Yi officially marry the princess or were they not considered married unless she was crowned?  and did his friend rape her after he used the drug on her to make her think that he was  Feng Tian Yi or did he set it up so that everyone would believe that's what happened?

@carmolita. I am in love with this show too! And totally dig FTY - Zhang Ruo Yun is a good actor. I am watching Chusen too (purely for ZLY) and in my humble opinion, he is way better than LYF! In answer to your questions, 

1. No, the marriage did not happen as he did not crown her. His uncle stopped it because he too didn't want it to happen - the marriage was just a ruse to force her brother's hand in outwardly committing treason against FTY.

2. FTY's friend did rape her as (a) he has always liked her (b) by pretending to be FTY, that convinced her to get her brother to side with FTY during her wedding (although her brother reneged in the end) as that was her condition to FTY for her to help him.

FTY didn't want to sleep with her or use her as he treats her like family so was enraged when he found out. He also knew that she would not be able to accept the fact so he asked his friend to never tell her. However, the friend couldn't help himself and blurted it out to her leading to her breakdown. 

The raw episodes 17-20 are out if you can understand Mandarin :) so much feels!!! 

I must say that I like YFL too - she managed to contrast her relationship with the two men. With BTJ, it was a childhood crush but with FTY, it was an adult relationship. I do feel sorry for BTJ (the actor is pretty good for a newbie and has the looks too!) although I am still team FTY! 

4 hours ago, carmolita said:

Whew! I thought they had to stop because they were even posting the epis that were avail to VIP members when it's not the time yet for regular viewers to have access.

Why do I feel as if Regent Uncle has a crush on YFL? And as my Mandarin is limited, did the drama discuss how his wife passed away?

omg. thanks for the recap.  I thought he was going to marry the princess because that was the deal.  On the character chart didn't they say the Princess was the Queen to Yu Tribe or something like that so i thought he did marry her. 

I'm liking FTY a lot.

3 hours ago, creidesca said:

Whew! I thought they had to stop because they were even posting the epis that were avail to VIP members when it's not the time yet for regular viewers to have access.

Why do I feel as if Regent Uncle has a crush on YFL? And as my Mandarin is limited, did the drama discuss how his wife passed away?

I know the feeling ~the viki channel manager made a post about it in one of their comments and have been making updates about where they are with the upload process.  Last I checked they reloaded up to episode 4 with subs and are working to upload the rest. They can't continue the subs without the videos because they have to segment them to add the  subtitles. I feel so bad for them but filled out the viki form for licensing so that it doesn't happen to them again:)

It seems that way to me too, that the Regent holds YFL dear to him, but I'm wondering if it's because she reminds him of his wife who died or if he is starting to have feelings for her too.  My Mandarin is limited as well so we're in the same boa:rolleyes:

@lizzieyen I absolutely love your post you are amazing:wub: I couldn't take it anymore and watched the other episodes raw. I must confess with regards to episode 17 and 18. ~ That  is the best BED SCENE I EVER SAW IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE IN ANY DRAMA :w00t: OMG AND IT TOOK TWO EPISODES:wub:

I can’t get it out of my mind it was soo good.  Especially the part in episode 17 where FTY and the Regent both rush into the room. YFL is passed out from her infliction/ curse and FTY just sits by her, the longing look in his eyes was to die for **fangirl screams** and then she wakes and sits straight up and starts screaming, he grabs her trying to comfort her and then she pushes him away, and then her veins start pulsing from the curse that witch put on her with the princess help **at least I think it’s a curse but could be wrong**. ( I thought it was going to get cliché  at this point and he back off and start telling off the doctors) but NOPE FTY grabs YFL tightly and she keeps fighting him trying to push him away and then she bites his shoulder wanting him to let go** heart beats a thousand miles a minute at this point**  HE HOLDS HER EVEN TIGHTER AS SHE BITES HIM CARESSING HER TO CALM HER DOWN and then she passes out ***I fall out of my own bed and hit replay many times*** And then the next episode 18 was even better 

FTY has something done to his uncle/ Regent to keep him from interfering and then lays down in bed next to YFL and takes her infliction into himself.. ****Fan girl screams again wants to die:w00t:*** Love how they woke up at some point and the way she took his hand when she realized what he had done and cried before passing out again

And when the Regent finally takes care of business with that psychopathic witch.   They wake up cured, and the way FTY held her, caressed her, kissed her, touched her with those adoring fingertips and she did the love hair tie, while both of them were in bed was too beautiful not to mention their tears.   Auuuuugh… It’s clear from episode 20 the series is not over….which makes me soo Happy!!! Glad it’s more than 20 episodes

I agree the way she changed from her puppy love with BTJ to her adult love with FTY was beautiful.  I like the rawness in FTY actions with her …. He doesn’t yield and is harsh to her when he is trying to protect her. I was so worried that she was going to be in love with BTJ throughout the entire series but the way the writers approached her romance with FTY was genius because you never saw it coming.:rolleyes:

Question: Does she know now that her father belongs to the same tribe/ clan as FTY and that she is half wingdom herself? If so does FTY and the Regent know? If so are they keeping it from her trying to protect her since they both saw the flower on her neck?

@carmolita No problems - I am just glad to have found a forum to discuss this amazing little show :) my Mandarin is not fantastic either so I would prob rewatch snippets of ep 15 onwards to make sure I got all the nuances right :) 

In respect to Regent Uncle, YFL reminds him of his late wife sometimes but he doesn't have romantic feelings for her. It becomes clearer in episode 20 when he tried to help them - he says that YFL may look a little like his late wife but she is definitely a little silly (in terms of romance and matters of the heart) and his nephew is 10x sillier! YFL also keeps her distance from him because in ep 15, she pulls her hands back when he accidentally touched her fingers when he took the flawed goblet from her. He got the message and indicated to her to put the goblet in his palm so that there will be no physical contact. 

She does find out later (ep20 I think)  that her dad is not dead and he is the famous inventor. Regent Uncle knows that she is important to their tribe and he asked FTY if how would he choose between her and the flower which can give wings to his kind (and also the humans). He knows that FTY loves her (judging by how upset he got in ep19/20 - spoiler alert!) so he warns him to know his position as King and what needs to be done (I may have gotten the exact language inaccurately but that is the gist). FTY had known a long time ago but pretended he didn't know when confronted by his uncle. I guess it must be a difficult position as she would likely need to be sacrificed for all those spores :(

It will be 28 episodes now :)

yes, it was a curse by the witch and the princess exchanged her youth for the witch to put that curse. FTY tricked his uncle by asking the shaman to put something in his drink so that he would be ill and cannot "share" the effects of the curse.

1 hour ago, lizzieyen said:

@carmolita No problems - I am just glad to have found a forum to discuss this amazing little show :) my Mandarin is not fantastic either so I would prob rewatch snippets of ep 15 onwards to make sure I got all the nuances right :) 

In respect to Regent Uncle, YFL reminds him of his late wife sometimes but he doesn't have romantic feelings for her. It becomes clearer in episode 20 when he tried to help them - he says that YFL may look a little like his late wife but she is definitely a little silly (in terms of romance and matters of the heart) and his nephew is 10x sillier! YFL also keeps her distance from him because in ep 15, she pulls her hands back when he accidentally touched her fingers when he took the flawed goblet from her. He got the message and indicated to her to put the goblet in his palm so that there will be no physical contact. 

She does find out later (ep20 I think)  that her dad is not dead and he is the famous inventor. Regent Uncle knows that she is important to their tribe and he asked FTY if how would he choose between her and the flower which can give wings to his kind (and also the humans). He knows that FTY loves her (judging by how upset he got in ep19/20 - spoiler alert!) so he warns him to know his position as King and what needs to be done (I may have gotten the exact language inaccurately but that is the gist). FTY had known a long time ago but pretended he didn't know when confronted by his uncle. I guess it must be a difficult position as she would likely need to be sacrificed for all those spores :(

So is the regent protecting her because she is the flower or because FTY loves her? Does he want FTY to marry her **hoping that will release her from her fate** or does he want her sacrificed for the spores?

59 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

It will be 28 episodes now :)

yes, it was a curse by the witch and the princess exchanged her youth for the witch to put that curse. FTY tricked his uncle by asking the shaman to put something in his drink so that he would be ill and cannot "share" the effects of the curse.

When I saw that witch look young and the princess look old I just knew she had taken her vitality but thought that maybe the princess would turn young again when she was killed.  But it didn't happen so I felt sad for her.  In episode 20 she dances for FTY, Is she dying  of her old age now or is there a way to save her?

When I saw his uncles eyes bulge as YFL was being cursed it looked as if he knew what had happened to her. Do you think that he wanted to share the effects of the curse with her because she tried to save him earlier?  

Do you know what FTY said to YFL when she bit his shoulder?  sorry for asking so many questions but really want to know your thoughts and everyone elses who may be reading, as this drama is way too good:rolleyes:  The best part of FTY character is that he is not stuped, he knows what's happening.around him and what people are thinking but leaves everyone else in oblivion as to his thoughts.. The emotional part of this  can really grab  you like a drug or someting leaving you intoxicated~~ Can't get enough and can't wait for episode 21

Archived