[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ruyi's Royal Love In The Palace 如懿传

BellyButton

Hi All, Am so looking forward to this new WH drama.  I became his fan after TJOF and watched almost every of WH's dramas.  I thought he was fantastic in New Twig of Plum when I saw it then but BZH portrayed by WH was an accomplishment and so impactful too.  The best part now is I get to watch WH in a 90 episode series and I cant wait for updates....

Admire and respect his seriousness in and off camera:

006dexnajw1f73o1yd91vj30rs0gu783.jpg

credit as tagged

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/18/2017 at 10:24 PM, gentlelily12 said:

Hi All, Am so looking forward to this new WH drama.  I became his fan after TJOF and watched almost every of WH's dramas.  I thought he was fantastic in New Twig of Plum when I saw it then but BZH portrayed by WH was an accomplishment and so impactful too.  The best part now is I get to watch WH in a 90 episode series and I cant wait for updates....

Admire and respect his seriousness in and off camera:

Hi gentlelily12

Many of us are also waiting for this epic drama.  The costumes and details are amazing. I even feel like this drama should start a trend on Qing costumes as formal wear.  Shooting is still ongoing and rumoured to be completed in May.  Hopefully we could get to watch this drama end December or latest January 2018.  

Wallace and Director.
dLNAkEz.jpg

TuxVfmU.jpg

This drama is now completed.  The cast having a nice dinner today.  Insofar, they have spent more than 9 months shooting this drama.  I am sure strong friendships would have been bond during this time but yet everyone needs to move on.  Looking forward to more stills and trailers in future and most of all the date when it will be released.

7jZCGUJ.jpg

(Left to right): Zhou Xun, Wang Jun (director), Wallace Huo, Huang Lang (producer).  Note that Huang Lang is a co host in the reality show, If You Are The One.
IMG_6228.jpg

Cast and crew on the last day before packing up.IMG_0979.jpg

Signing on the billboard.
IMG_6232.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2016 at 8:29 PM, BellyButton said:

hi @BellyButton, is this video from your YT channel btw?  Thanks for bringing so much updates on both the leads etc.  Still a long wait as its tentative airing date is either end Dec or Jan 2018 as you informed earlier.  I know both are good actors but am more looking forward to see WH since TJOF actually.  Some people may find 90 episodes too long but if the chemistry of the leads is good with a good plot then it becomes watchable i suppose.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 1:57 AM, gentlelily12 said:

hi @BellyButton, is this video from your YT channel btw?  Thanks for bringing so much updates on both the leads etc.  Still a long wait as its tentative airing date is either end Dec or Jan 2018 as you informed earlier.  I know both are good actors but am more looking forward to see WH since TJOF actually.  Some people may find 90 episodes too long but if the chemistry of the leads is good with a good plot then it becomes watchable i suppose.  

Sorry @gentlelily12  not sure which YT you are referring to.  Some are from my YT channel.   They were downloaded from weibo.

Waiting for more trailers .. hopefully the December schedule for screening is still on.

The young emperor Qian Long..

CcOitWs.jpg

LTkP3WK.jpg

The character in the novel is imperfect.  But Wallace has always said that he prefers to play an imperfect character because it is more realistic.  Qianlong as in the novel is hated because he is manipulative.  The novel spans several decades and I think we may see how people changes in different environment, experience and relationships.  Some people who have read both novels, The Legend of Zhen Xuan and Ruyi (written by the same author and scriptwriter), if Zhen Xuan is about the ascent of power, Ruyi is the reverse because for the former, the end justifies the means.  For the latter, her heart and miscommunication between two people (Ruyi and Qianlong) ultimately led her to tragedy.

I think the target audience for this drama, much like The Legend of Zhen Xuan, is not teenagers but adults from at least mid 20s  onwards.  I believe the complexities of human nature set in a manipulative, changeable  and toxic environment is best understood if one has experienced the real world.  

On 8/26/2017 at 6:12 AM, BellyButton said:

The character in the novel is imperfect.  But Wallace has always said that he prefers to play an imperfect character because it is more realistic.  Qianlong as in the novel is hated because he is manipulative.  The novel spans several decades and I think we may see how people changes in different environment, experience and relationships.  Some people who have read both novels, The Legend of Zhen Xuan and Ruyi (written by the same author and scriptwriter), if Zhen Xuan is about the ascent of power, Ruyi is the reverse because for the former, the end justifies the means.  For the latter, her heart and miscommunication between two people (Ruyi and Qianlong) ultimately led her to tragedy.

I think the target audience for this drama, much like The Legend of Zhen Xuan, is not teenagers but adults from at least mid 20s  onwards.  I believe the complexities of human nature set in a manipulative, changeable  and toxic environment is best understood if one has experienced the real world.  

Agree, the target audience arent teens but at least mature young adults to be able to appreciate this drama. My concern is i hope it wont be to draggy.  I read that the producers waited and wanted for WH to play this role. I'm looking forward to see how WH is going to make this drama of 90 episodes interesting for me.

Add:  Its still long way to Dec lol.

credit to Belly Button

Archived