[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ruyi's Royal Love In The Palace 如懿传

BellyButton

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/7/2017 at 11:28 PM, BellyButton said:

The latest news is that this drama is scheduled to be released on 1 January 2018.

Really??!! Aww they change it. Earlier, somewhere I read on mydramalist that they are going to release late December, I guess the production team change it to Jan 2018 instead. 

On 9/17/2017 at 2:15 PM, rosierosie said:

Really??!! Aww they change it. Earlier, somewhere I read on mydramalist that they are going to release late December, I guess the production team change it to Jan 2018 instead. 

I do not think at this stage it is absolute yet.  Things may still change.

Artwork of Empress Ruyi

2cnP2ae.jpg

JfWBQcI.jpg

Ivy made this wonderful video on Wallace's role as Emperor Qianlong. The English subtitles are translated from his own comments on his role. He said that he could feel the overwhelming loneliness of the emperor. He said that Qianlong's multi-faceted and he is happy to play Qianlong. Thank you Ivy for the wonderful video of stills. Love Ivy's choice of music.

On 9/25/2017 at 12:06 AM, dramalover1 said:

Isnt' this a sequel to Empresses in the Palace? 

Yes, it was written by the author of both books as a sequel.  Zhen Xuan is Hongli (Qianlong)'s step mother.  Zhen Xuan is played by Vivian Wu in this series.  

From what I gather, Ruyi storyline is complete opposite of Zhen Xuan.  Zhen Xuan was about a woman's ascent to ultimate power while Ruyi is about a woman's descent of power as she was ruled by her heart rather than her head. 

Looks like we have to be 'mean' to survive?  

Archived