[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Fighter of the Destiny 择天记

sugarplum892

love this drama. :heart: Watch ep 1 till 9 with eng sub and latest episodes without eng subs. I really like the four friends (chang sheng, luo luo, tang 36 and xu yuan po). I also like zhusha - tsundere dragon. haha.. i love the carefree luo luo more than you rong, but luo luo is bound to be heartbroken. :bawling: i should not start this drama while it is still airing (make the same mistake with surgeons). I can not wait for more episodes. And the pace is quite good. it is not too slow and not too fast.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, my first question as I watch episode 3: what is this Pope person?  He doesn't look like a religious figure. But is he some sort of religious person? 

@tulip06 not sure if the translation of Pope is accurate in this context. I tend to associate it with the Roman Catholic religion. In this drama, I think that man is Head of Guo Jiao Academy (literal translation is "national doctrine academy"). Not in a religious context but maybe school of thought or philosophy? Like Taoism.

if you mean the man that is always watering plants...I don't believe he's the head of an academy. I think the position itself is titled rather than an actual position? If you get what I mean...

Could be wrong though...I always get the feeling that he's basically on par with the Empress in terms of power and prestige...he's just too nice to be mean to her (or out of respect for her late husband to whom he was good friends with)

3 hours ago, omiki said:

@tulip06 not sure if the translation of Pope is accurate in this context. I tend to associate it with the Roman Catholic religion. In this drama, I think that man is Head of Guo Jiao Academy (literal translation is "national doctrine academy"). Not in a religious context but maybe school of thought or philosophy? Like Taoism.

Ah, that makes sense.

Why everyone eager to kill CCS? i know that Xu's father want  to kill him to end the engagement, but other parties is also like that...

I think the Empress has a fond feeling for CCS when they met at the Herb's Garden since she think he look like her late husband when he is young...Looking forward for CCS rise through the rank and impress everyone with his brilliant mind and good heart...

On 4/23/2017 at 7:20 AM, frostflower14 said:

I've watched this drama up to Ep 8 and it seems there's a love triangle between Chen Chang Sheng, Xu You Rong and Luo Luo (the super cute demon princess). I haven't read the novel yet, so I'm shipping CCS with Luo Luo coz between the Frost Queen Xu You Rong and cute disciple, I'll pick the disciple any day. Between all those romantic outings picking medicine CCS has gotten Zero progress with Xu You Rong who by now recognises him as her childhood friend/fiancé but makes no move to reveal her own identity to him. She's really indecisive in regards making a commitment to marry CCS or to continue her training as the Holy Maiden.

Ep 8 also introduces Little Black Dragon, a dragon girl who has been trapped under a lake by the Empress because of some past deed (possibly committed by her father the dragon in the first episode). To me the empress kind of gives off a Wu Mei Niang/Empress of China vibe. The first Ep mentions the emperor passed away suddenly, but not why/how he died (possibly assassinated by wifey).Plus the whole excecuting people who oppose her thing!

There was a flashback (can't remember which episode) of the empress trying to get the location of the key to the Royal Academy from someone. When he refused to tell her she just killed him with her Phoenix flame power.

@frostflower14  I agree that between the two the little chatterbox disciple beast princess would be my pick.  The two are sort of extreme stereotypes, and the frosty lady (not you!) and her aloof spiritual otherworldly aspirations is so extreme its kind of a parody.   On the personal (soompi no no) Guli looks too thin and gaunt in the drama (I know "you can never be rich or too thin" but the woman is gorgeous, but in the drama looks anorexic.  And then again she up against a male hero beauty who seems to have perfect hair days regardless of the action or weather. Whoever is doing her hair is should be fired!

On 4/25/2017 at 6:59 PM, IMOmusings said:

YoYo TV subs are also fan-based. They just opened YT subtitling to the public and ask people to help out in subbing it. It isn't 'official' subs so to speak, but the videos are official releases.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:40 AM, tulip06 said:

Since the subs aren't professional, they're not always clear.  I'm thinking of recapping this show for https://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/, though, and if I do, I'll come back to ask questions. :)

Ahhhh ~ I was wondering where the subs came from. They have a good grasp of English, but grammar isn't too great. I was waiting for subs so I can understand the harder dialogues but it confuses me at times. I decided not to read the subs and listen instead and only read if I didn't understand but the eyes tend to zoom in on the subs >.<

17 hours ago, linja said:

Ahhhh ~ I was wondering where the subs came from. They have a good grasp of English, but grammar isn't too great. I was waiting for subs so I can understand the harder dialogues but it confuses me at times. I decided not to read the subs and listen instead and only read if I didn't understand but the eyes tend to zoom in on the subs >.<

@linja  I have been finding subbing sometimes funny, because of vernacular confusions.  At one point when Black Robe attacks he says something subbed as "I'll"  or "Let's" " cut the crap" but I was thinking what he was saying in English should be expressed as  "Let's cut to the chase..." or "end the small talk. "cut the crap" as an  English spoken expression always said as a command to the other person  "you" need to  "cut the crap"  you never say it about yourself or include yourself as "let us" ....

Just saying, yes there is comfort with the English subbing most of the time with the occasional  funny vernacular expression translations that are funny.  I have not viewed on Yo Yo, I found a website but because of rules cannot share it here.

Posted Sunday at 08:51 PM · Report post

On 4/25/2017 at 4:59 AM, IMOmusings said:

YoYo TV subs are also fan-based. They just opened YT subtitling to the public and ask people to help out in subbing it. It isn't 'official' subs so to speak, but the videos are official releases.

On 4/25/2017 at 10:40 AM, tulip06 said:

Since the subs aren't professional, they're not always clear.  I'm thinking of recapping this show for https://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/, though, and if I do, I'll come back to ask questions. :)

On 4/30/2017 at 8:51 PM, linja said:

I went back to check the fan subs with YoYo  on youtube to see if there was anything new. However, the English subs for the early episodes videos are all gone. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

May I know how many episode this drama aired till now? The eng sub for the episode seems slow...because I think the plot is interesting, so I actually hope it can be subbed sooner. Thank you for everyone who contribute the subtitle, especially for fans with no knowledge in chinese, this is already helpful..Hopefully more fans can enjoy this drama as much as I do. I love all kind of drama no matter what country its from as long as the story is interesting.

Can I have the link to watch the raw episode?

watch till episode 18 and still cannot accept chang sheng and you rong couple. Maybe because I love luoluo more than any characters in this drama. Luo luo is the best character ever. I would love it if the loveline is between chang sheng and luo luo. What is interesting about luo luo than the frosty phoenix is her bubbly personality. She has sharp tongue (as seen whenever she encountered the other academy's students) and even with zhusha. I love luo luo and zhusha's friendship - the beast and the dragon. :grin: She is also very supportive of her shifu. Rewatching ep 5 and when chang sheng said that he want to get number one in imperial examination, she is neither shock or ridicule him. She trusts him 100% unlike others who usially shock or ridicule him. She always thinks highly of her shifu. Rather than thinking that her shifu is suitable with you rong, she's even question either it is you rong who has right to be with her shifu. Such a good disciple. No one can win against her when it's about her shifu. Chang sheng is number one aside from her parents.

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

I watched till ep 16. but a bit confused... so Chen Chang Sheng really the Queen's son?? The Queen is the good fellow or bad??? I am confused.. 

Well, it's not been explicitly mentioned, but I suspect so. In Ep 7, the Empress met CCS in the herb garden and she commented that he looked like her Husband when he was young. But it's strange that she did not investigate further.

34243365062_75946ed7da.jpg

As to whether she is good or bad, it remains to be seen. When her Husband died, and she had to rule in order to continue his legacy, she exterminated many dissidents. So far, she has not harmed CCS yet, but that may change soon, if she perceives him to be a threat to the kingdom's peace.

3 hours ago, shiino17 said:

watch till episode 18 and still cannot accept chang sheng and you rong couple. Maybe because I love luoluo more than any characters in this drama. Luo luo is the best character ever. I would love it if the loveline is between chang sheng and luo luo. What is interesting about luo luo than the frosty phoenix is her bubbly personality. She has sharp tongue (as seen whenever she encountered the other academy's students) and even with zhusha. I love luo luo and zhusha's friendship - the beast and the dragon. :grin: She is also very supportive of her shifu. Rewatching ep 5 and when chang sheng said that he want to get number one in imperial examination, she is neither shock or ridicule him. She trusts him 100% unlike others who usially shock or ridicule him. She always thinks highly of her shifu. Rather than thinking that her shifu is suitable with you rong, she's even question either it is you rong who has right to be with her shifu. Such a good disciple. No one can win against her when it's about her shifu. Chang sheng is number one aside from her parents.

Could it be that CS  and 'LL are sibling so they cant have romance in the drama.  'LL is a princess, is her mom the queen 

16 hours ago, lovehuche said:

Could it be that CS  and 'LL are sibling so they cant have romance in the drama.  'LL is a princess, is her mom the queen 

Nope.. they are not siblings. CMIIW...The empress is ruler of human clan while luo luo is from the beast clan. Her parents are emperor bai and empress bai. The queen has regards Luo luo like her daughter. Furthermore, the human clan and beast clan are in good relationship and they united to resist the attack from the demon clan. Which is why the empress has always ensure luo luo is safe from the demon clan attack.

if the drama follows the novel...LL may have no choice in keeping CS as her teacher xD, her adoration of CS is sort of over the top in the drama, it wasn't this bad from parts of the novel I've read - I think they played it up just to have that loveline there since YR's would be suitor from her 'martial brother' isn't all that interesting

we shall see how much more of the plot gets changed hahahaha

Despite all the changes this drama makes... I kinda like how the romance are portrayed here....

CCS and XYR still retains that quiet romance that even when they're not speaking.... we can still see and feel that special something.... 

The feelings are there... and I really love it.... :wub:

11 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Despite all the changes this drama makes... I kinda like how the romance are portrayed here....

CCS and XYR still retains that quiet romance that even when they're not speaking.... we can still see and feel that special something.... 

The feelings are there... and I really love it.... :wub:

I agree @lynne22... Their romance is there and YR knew that CCS gave her his blood if she ever needed it but never used it. She understood him very well and so did he. I loved their faith in each other. I think CCS is very much like his father  and XYR is very much like the Queen very practical.  @omiki  I do not think the Human Queen is evil , I think she is good and has been good to the Human clan. She remained queen to keep the peace and hopefully for her son to resurface. I suspect that CCS will not outlive his 20 years because he is the human salvation. I believe that because I think the QUeen saved her son so he can live a little bit longer than he was supposed to because he was human kind's salvation. By sending him away the war between the demons and human is still going on. If he had died when he was a babe the war would have been over. I believe that is why the Queen keeps telling XYR not to fall in love because loving someone will make it harder for them to sacrifice everything for mankind. 

P.S I hope i made my point if not sorry chingu's 

Archived