[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Fighter of the Destiny 择天记

sugarplum892

On 4/17/2017 at 5:43 AM, cn115hd said:

Today It public, This Good Dramas You Can Watch HD and Engsub Here : http://cn115hd.com/fighter-of-the-destiny

It's not subtitled. :(

I'm so upset.  It's been 4 days, and Dramafever has a page for FOTD up, but still no subtitles.  Viki is the same.  In fact, Viki doesn't even have the videos up!

But I'm especially upset at Dramafever for not subtitling as promised.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IMOmusings said:

@omiki the CGI crane looks exactly the same as the anime one xD

@lynne22...you can't really hate the empress in the drama xD she's special
There are a LOT of changes, but personally, I feel, that it was in very good taste. The novel itself is a bit....draggy. Drama changes the timeline quite a bit and character development is a little more fast-paced. I'm looking forward to how they make the tournament xD

@IMOmusings  I know what you mean. Empress's character is very complex, it's hard not to get pulled emotionally watching her. 

Ok, confession time, i totally cheat and watched ep 01 thanks to tintin92's post lol... I think so far so good... i like the progression of the story...... Little CCs was very cute... lol he looks just like a little Lu Han

@tintin92 thanks for the headsup :)

16 hours ago, lynne22 said:

Lol.. I think most of us are waiting for more episode to binge watch.....

yeah :)

and subs will be available soon that's so important !:D i was actually expecting more members to show up here but oh well :) 

Fighter is an acquired taste lol

unlike the other dramas that have a bit of everything to appeal to every age...this one doesn't...

I think in time the audiences will be split like they were for Chusen. There have been so many changes that it's barely recognisable as the novel now.

I'm watching this series right now and to me it's something to pass the time, so I'm not really "eagerly anticipating" the next episode.  Does anyone else think it's weird that in Ep 1, the Empress just had the minister in charge of the Royal Academy and by the looks of it his students (same uniform) executed  because he protested her getting crowned as monarch. Granted, she just sacrificed her son for the good of the kingdom, but still excecution without a trial?

14 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

I'm watching this series right now and to me it's something to pass the time, so I'm not really "eagerly anticipating" the next episode.  Does anyone else think it's weird that in Ep 1, the Empress just had the minister in charge of the Royal Academy and by the looks of it his students (same uniform) executed  because he protested her getting crowned as monarch. Granted, she just sacrificed her son for the good of the kingdom, but still excecution without a trial?

I haven't read the book so I don't know the full story but from what I gathered in the drama, the Empress suspected that someone had colluded with the demon tribe to attack Shen Du. And that someone was the person who has been found missing (maybe he'll turn up later in the drama). So the reason for the execution and closing down the school is based on treason, which doesn't require a trial. Her actions were swift and vicious but I don't get the evil vibes from her (yet). What she has done so far seems to be for the survival of the kingdom, to continue the legacy of her husband, the former Emperor. It looks like CCS will turn out to be her Son, whom we saw being tossed over a cliff (???) as a baby. I'm waiting to see how he was saved, and also the reaction of Yu Rong's Mother when she discovers that the poor and lowly man she considered unfit to be her Son in law turns out to be the crown prince.

On 21/04/2017 at 9:10 PM, tintin92 said:

why is this topic so silent? i used to be on other series like general and i / ten miles of peach blossoms etc .

this series actually has a good story and thank god subtitles will be available soon ! :) 

I'm enjoying the drama, and yeah, I also hope more ppl will watch and share their thoughts. It's more fun to watch together with other ppl and discuss the drama.

@omiki well this series hasn't attracted so many fans yet ! don't know the reason why but Luhan is really popular amongst the chinese and koreans! the story is fresh but from what i figured since the past few months wuxia/historical fans love romance themed series more :) 

BTW , episode 2/3/5 are available with English subs on youtube :) 

I've watched this drama up to Ep 8 and it seems there's a love triangle between Chen Chang Sheng, Xu You Rong and Luo Luo (the super cute demon princess). I haven't read the novel yet, so I'm shipping CCS with Luo Luo coz between the Frost Queen Xu You Rong and cute disciple, I'll pick the disciple any day. Between all those romantic outings picking medicine CCS has gotten Zero progress with Xu You Rong who by now recognises him as her childhood friend/fiancé but makes no move to reveal her own identity to him. She's really indecisive in regards making a commitment to marry CCS or to continue her training as the Holy Maiden.

Ep 8 also introduces Little Black Dragon, a dragon girl who has been trapped under a lake by the Empress because of some past deed (possibly committed by her father the dragon in the first episode). To me the empress kind of gives off a Wu Mei Niang/Empress of China vibe. The first Ep mentions the emperor passed away suddenly, but not why/how he died (possibly assassinated by wifey).Plus the whole excecuting people who oppose her thing!

There was a flashback (can't remember which episode) of the empress trying to get the location of the key to the Royal Academy from someone. When he refused to tell her she just killed him with her Phoenix flame power.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:24 AM, tulip06 said:

It's not subtitled. :(

I'm so upset.  It's been 4 days, and Dramafever has a page for FOTD up, but still no subtitles.  Viki is the same.  In fact, Viki doesn't even have the videos up!

But I'm especially upset at Dramafever for not subtitling as promised.

Unfortunately, I don't think Dramafever will be subtitling this drama. Just because a drama has a page at the DF website does not mean that DF will have the drama. A page only means that DF is considering the drama. It does not mean that DF will definitely show the drama. There has been nothing posted on the DF News page, the Coming Soon section of the DF homepage , or the DF Youtube Channel about this drama. Usually if Dramafever has gotten the rights for a drama and is planning on showing it, the drama will be listed in these areas. For Viki, the webpage is a fan channel which means that Viki has not gotten the rights for the drama. That's why there are no videos. You can still send in requests for the drama to Viki. They may be able to get the rights after the broadcast starts. It has happened on Viki before with other dramas. 

It looks like the drama is available with English subs at the YoYo Television Youtube Channel. According to the information there, YoYo is the exclusive streaming provider, so looks like they got the rights for this drama.  So far, episodes 1-7 have been subbed. Here's the link: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCteBLoijWzlVFSR5BBtS_2Q

Make sure to click on the CC button on the lower right corner of the screen to show the subs.  There are 2 versions of the drama on the Youtube Channel. The version with the RED banner in Chinese is the version that is being subbed, not the one with the orange TV banner. The RED banner is the first one you see on the webpage. Hope this makes sense.

UPDATE 10/25/17: Viki has liscensed the drama so subbed episodes will be available at Viki soon:

https://www.viki.com/tv/35664c-fighter-of-the-destiny

YoYo TV subs are also fan-based. They just opened YT subtitling to the public and ask people to help out in subbing it. It isn't 'official' subs so to speak, but the videos are official releases.

In all honesty...I can't stand Luo Luo. Even as a character in the novel. She just strikes me as so....attention-seeking xD

@frostflower14 I highly doubt the Empress assassinated her husband considering she had to basically murder her child if she did. She seems like a smart woman so thinking three steps ahead isn't beyond her reach. 

Character I'm liking least so far...both in the book and drama is the Empress' helper girl. She's so meddling and self-righteous <_<

I'm not familiar with the male lead, but I have to say that he is more beautiful that the female actress in the drama. his acting is decent and potray a calm young man but with brilliant mind. Looking forward how the lost prince change his destiny and claim his country and also fiancee by himself not because of his background... Looking forward Lady Xu family reaction once they realize that their daughter is engaged to a Prince, not and ordinary man..

Archived