Top 10 finalists for lead female role in SBS drama series “My Sassy Girl”

My_Sassy_Girl_Korean_Drama-T10.jpg

Top 10 finalists has been announced for the lead female role in upcoming SBS drama series “My Sassy Girl” starring Joo Won. The top 10 candidates were selected from a group of 89 candidates that in a second round of auditions that took place from May 29-30, 2016. Joo Won and director Oh Jin-Seok attended the auditions.

The 10 finalists are Kim Yoo-Ji, Kim Joo-Hyun, Park Se-Wan, Park Eun-Ji, Park Ji-Hyun, Bae Min-Jung, Vivian, Ji Su (‘Tahiti’), Jung In-Sun and Han Ji-Eun.

A final round of voting to select the lead actress from one of these 10 finalists will take place.

Source

Top 10 finalists for Joo Won's leading lady in 'My Sassy Girl' drama version

9.jpg

Jung In Sun
(former child actress. Known works include Sampoong Clinic, Memories of Murder, Han Gong Ju and Mirror of the Witch) 

Daum Cafe: 10 candidates for drama 'My Sassy Girl' female lead

-They're all pretty

-Long time no see Jung In Sunㅠㅠㅠ

-None of them fits the role

-I hope it's judged through acting skills

-They should just leave the original alone. I want 'My Sassy Girl' to remain a movie

-Cheering for Jung in Sun!!!!

-Bae Min Jung seems like a good fit

-In Sun-ah ㅠㅠㅠ I've been watching you since you were a kid

-I want Jung In Sun to be chosen. Her acting is amazing

-Park Eun Ji was in 'Ulzzang Generation' as Goo Hara's lookalike

-Jung In Sun in 'Mirror of the Witch' is outstanding. That's the only drama I've seen her in recent years. Her parts were short but she's a total scene stealer

-Please pick In Sun

-Either Vivian or Jung In Sun

-This is a sageuk?
______________________________________________________________________________________________
So many comments about Jung Insun Unnie <3 I'm happy for her, let's cheer for her :wub: 7 out of 14 comments are cheering for her or mentioning her <3

• 4 weeks later...

'My Sassy Girl' sageuk version confirms Kim Joo Hyun as the female lead

Ilgan Sports - Naver: 'My Sassy Girl', Kim Joo Hyun confirmed as the female lead

1. [+82, -5] That poll is meaningless after all.. It was all for publicity (tn: There was a poll on Naver on which of the three finalists should be the female lead. Jung In Sun came first)

2. [+84, -7] Why bother putting out a poll in the first place? But Jung In Sun won it, please be more transparent with the voting results

3. [+64, -4]ㅎㅎㅎㅎ What a joke. Did she get chosen because she won the Chinese poll? ㅎㅎ Just air it only in China then, what's the point of the poll?

4. [+64, -7] I expected Jung In Sun to be chosen. This sucks

5. [+56, -5] I rooted for Jung In Sun.. that's a shame ㅜㅜ

6. [+17, -3] I expected Jung In Sun since she won the poll ㅠㅠ Won't be watching

7. [+17, -3] But she can't act...

8. [+15, -4] Why hold an audition when you end up picking a girl who can't act?

Naver
1. [+121, -12] Honestly, Jung In Sun is the most well-known but her visuals and acting style don't match the role. They're better off with a relatively unknown actress like her. She got chosen based on the votes and judges decision

2. [+102, -19] In the V-app broadcast, she spoke well and is gracefully pretty

3. [+101, -22]  Jung In Sun has a gloomy look to her that doesn't suit the role

4. [+99, -22] I voted for her. She's got a face that suits sageuks

5. [+54, -8] She just needs to step up her acting. She does have that high class daughter feel ㅎㅎ So elegant

6. [+66, -15] She deserves it

Source

So the first part talks like only about Insun. Ppl in Korea are disappointed that the poll didn't have any effects. In the second part are ppl who think that Insun doesn't suit the role (only 2 comments about that tho). Korean ppl were rooting for Insun Unnie and even if she didn't get the role she got some attention thanks to this so to all the PDs out there be clever and cast her for a lead role!

• 2 years later...

Just create an account to show my support to her :)

Btw, congratulation JIS for winning Rising Star Award at AAA 2018

More awards to come and I hope we will hear a good news for her upcoming project

Here are some of her photo during the red carpet. She looks pretty and stunning even in that simple outfit :heart:

30000618396_700.jpg

30000618395_700.jpg

Here is a cute video of her posted by her agency. I can't with the bgm they used LOL

Edited by mooncake38
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @mooncake38 @Shuugo Hu! I hope she can comeback with another good drama soon! I miss her acting alr:sweatingbullets: Actually i would like to see her in sageuk drama next (she did extremely good in witch mirror!). And there's one sageuk drama that currently in talks to star yang sejong as male lead and a whole part of me wanting JIS to be casted as a leading lady lol

How abt u guys? Any dream partner for jis? Or dream role for her? 

Jis interview:

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=079&amp;aid=0003169138

Basically she's praising all of actors in terius.

She said kang ki young, jung siah and all kis members are very funny. They love to improvise the scene and she added that lim semi is such a good actress.

For SHJ, she said his role is very interesting and he is such a good person. (Maybe there's more of it but only this get to be translated)

For SJS, she keep complimented how handsome he is but after knowing him better she realised that SJS's handsomeness not only on outside but also inside (she's trying to imply how SJS is a very nice person). She also mentioned how SJS is the one who wanted her to call him oppa. He said if she called him sunbae, he will feel that they are not very close and bc sjs want to be close with her, he ask her to call him oppa.

She also added that the staff told her on the first dinner after the first rehearsal that when SJS learnt that the role of Go AeRin is handed to jung in sun, he said very good. Upon hearing that, she felt less pressure abt it. SJS also said that go ae rin role is really made for her.

Cr: my friend on ig.

• Like 1

@galaxy97 Well, I'm still haven't move on from TBM so I don't want to imagine her with anyone :lol:

The thing is, I'm a bit picky about drama... If it's solely romcom genre, I'll skip that kind of drama... The genre I like is crime, ghost, mystery, thriller, or something like that... If there is romcom added to that genre then i don't mind.... Usually I don't really care the romance in the drama I watched... I don't know what happened this time that I become interest in Bon-Aerin relationship :lol::lol:

Maybe they deliver it so well or maybe there're kids involved... I'm really hooked with their loveline to the point I wanted them to end up in real life too... ^_^:P

And what's your friend's ig? Is she/he posted the translation on ig?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Shuugo Hu said:

Well, I'm still haven't move on from TBM so I don't want to imagine her with anyon:lol:

As much as i shipping bon and aerin or sjs and jis i still missing seeing jung in sun on drama; i alr miss her acting so for that to happen ofc i need to bear seeing her with anyone else. In fact im the style who ship my fav actress to every handsome actor out there no matter who lol

1 hour ago, Shuugo Hu said:

Usually I don't really care the romance in the drama I watched... I don't know what happened this time that I become interest in Bon-Aerin relationship 

Opposite with me, even with thriller or mystery genre im still hoping for a bit of romance injected here and there like for example signal; icb i shipping that female detective with that male lead despite their age gap:D 

Anyway glad to know TBM change the way u're lol

Spoiler

And nope, my friend dont post any translation on her ig. She sent this to me thru dm bc i ask her to help translating any jis interview or related stuff.

Better closure:

53 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

Opposite with me, even with thriller or mystery genre im still hoping for a bit of romance injected here and there like for example signal; icb i shipping that female detective with that male lead despite their age gap:D 

Anyway glad to know TBM change the way u're lol

I won't say that TBM changed me.. I still don't want to watch rom-com drama... :lol::lol:

I don't like if the drama's conflict only about love, women, and money...

First I watched JIS is in circle... Her role is minor but leave a great impact to me... But as much as I like JIS, I don't really want to watch waikiki... Maybe later (I don't know how late though) :lol:

@galaxy97Thank you so much for sharing the translation of her interview. I have no words to describe how kind she is praising her co-star and the cast of TBM and glad she build a good chemistry with SJS. As of now, I would love to see her in any crime or thriller drama because I know she can pull it off even if it is other genre, am okay with it. As long as the story line of the drama is interesting, all will be good :lol: and I want to see her in any variety show too :) (Greedy me:lol::lol::lol:)

Edited by mooncake38
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Shuugo Hu said:

I won't say that TBM changed me.. I still don't want to watch rom-com drama... :lol::lol:

I don't like if the drama's conflict only about love, women, and money...

First I watched JIS is in circle... Her role is minor but leave a great impact to me... But as much as I like JIS, I don't really want to watch waikiki... Maybe later (I don't know how late though) :lol:

Then u should try watching her other drama, naked fireman. It was a thriller romance and i think you will like it a lot. And the drama only have 4 episodes, not even wasting ur time lol.

On her caption she said, it was a first award in her life:tears: Kinda sad thinking that she alr being an actress for 23 years but only now get to be recognised.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

Then u should try watching her other drama, naked fireman. It was a thriller romance and i think you will like it a lot. And the drama only have 4 episodes, not even wasting ur time lol.

I will... After I finished TBM for the 3rd time... :D

7 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

On her caption she said, it was a first award in her life:tears: Kinda sad thinking that she alr being an actress for 23 years but only now get to be recognised.

Yeah... It's kinda sad... But please note that she is still in her 20s... So there will be more to come...:glasses:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

Finally she updates her instagram. I'm actually waiting for her to post it since last night LOL. Yes it's kinda sad since this is her first award and I wish she will win an award at MBC Drama Award this year *finger crossed* :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shuugo Hu said:

The thing is, I'm a bit picky about drama... If it's solely romcom genre, I'll skip that kind of drama... The genre I like is crime, ghost, mystery, thriller, or something like that... If there is romcom added to that genre then i don't mind.... Usually I don't really care the romance in the drama I watched... I don't know what happened this time that I become interest in Bon-Aerin relationship :lol::lol:

Maybe they deliver it so well or maybe there're kids involved... I'm really hooked with their loveline to the point I wanted them to end up in real life too... ^_^:P

I am with you.  I am also very picky about dramas and also the lead.  I need to be able to connect with them to enjoy the show.   In Sun caught my eyes when she acted in Waikiki.  Maybe because she was soo cute it had an impact on me.  I hope to see more of her, soon i hope.

• Like 1