[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

More fan creations while waiting for the next episode......... wait, where does it say that we have to wait till 13 Jan for the next episode. I'm crying here. Of course that allows the LOTBS team to rest properly, spend some time with their families and also bring more creative ideas to the drama. Yet, the wait is too long.:sweatingbullets: Hope the delay will have only a positive impact on the drama:)

I loved how hilarious  jealous and over protective  JJ was at the sauna:) what's more , I got to see MinHo's bare legs again too:grin:

15621707_1215602745143428_7923013188014715675810_1215603145143388_1091273274296615672982_1215602788476757_9199982990001715622068_1215602508476785_40944718418785

Spoiler

15672566_1215602328476803_4329275008050715672725_1215602581810111_13173257024783

cr as tagged

• Like 7

7 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

Wait wait ... the next episode won't air until the 13 of JANUARY????? OMG how will I survive????? :bawling: But on the other hand I'm glad that the actors get a little bit of time to recuperate from that inhumanly schedule!

6 hours ago, minekas said:

More fan creations while waiting for the next episode......... wait, where does it say that we have to wait till 13 Jan for the next episode. I'm crying here. Of course that allows the LOTBS team to rest properly, spend some time with their families and also bring more creative ideas to the drama. Yet, the wait is too long.:sweatingbullets: Hope the delay will have only a positive impact on the drama:)

I loved how hilarious  jealous and over protective  JJ was at the sauna:) what's more , I got to see MinHo's bare legs again too:grin:

Where did you guys read about the next episode showing on January 13th? Why would a WED-THURS show be shown on a FRIDAY, January 13th? The 3 Big Networks (SBS, MBC, KBS) have their end of the year awards festival (Entertainment Awards, Song Festival and Drama Awards) going on from December 25-31. SBS is preempting their Mon-Tues drama and only showing one episode this week.

Honestly, as much as I would love to see the actors and film crew to get rest and the writer to make a tighter story, the drama can't afford to not show their episodes continuously even though they've been winning their time slot. It's a good way to lose your audience especially with MBC premiering Missing 9 soon.

• Like 7

@ChyuuNyuu 13th of January? Lol. I will die waiting. I'm pretty certain episode 13 will be airing next Wednesday, correct me if I am wrong. Episode 14 will be delayed until the following week. I hope we won't have to wait until the 13th of January to watch the next episode. Lol. 

------------------------------------

I was reading a few of your comments about how SBS decided to not air episode 14th on Thursday perhaps because MBC and KBS were airing other shows as well. So I decided to pop into the other threads to check if they were also airing. I have not come across comments on how they weren't airing. Do any of you know if they'll also be delaying?

------------------------------------

There's something that's been bothering me for awhile and I wanted to share it with you guys to get it off my chest. I know that a drama with star power receives a lot of attention. However, judging from past korean dramas, actors do not make a drama. Sure, they certainly attract the initial audience, but whether a drama does well or not depends on the team as a whole, including the writer, director, editor, etc. I've seen way too many dramas with huge star power that cannot record good numbers. Therefore, it's absolutely ridiculous for some to claim that LOTBS is doing well just because they have JJH and LMH. If the drama didn't have something good worth tuning in, other than two beautiful faces, I don't believe they would be able to continue to consistently record a decently high number. It's obvious LOTBS must have something special for viewers to keep tuning in also. Perhaps, some feel the need to bash it to up the level of their current favorite, therefore, they call LOTBS immature. Then I dare them to watch all korean romantic comedies. If they can claim that their favorite is able to touch their hearts and make them cry, then I can say that LOTBS makes me happy and cry from laughter. Both are able to touch us in different ways, so how can you deem one emotion better than the other? I can enjoy both types of dramas, depending on my mood. I usually prefer a drama that is able to make me laugh out loud and or a drama that stimulates my mind to think beyond reality though, hence why I love this drama so much. Do I think they deserve to take number one in their time slot and the attention they receive worldwide? Of course, and more! Not that i believe the other dramas don't deserve it though, because everyone works hard, so of course they all deserve to do well. 

--------------------------

@demarchelier I understand where you are coming from. I'm just unsure which will benefit them more. Do dramas that play during award shows record good numbers? If the trend each year shows that dramas drop in ratings when aired against award shows, I can understand the decision to delay episode 14. Also, Missing 9 will air soon but I believe the other two channels are also delaying their episode 14? If that is the case, LOTBS will be airing 4 episodes with Missing 9, which is how it was to begin with. Therefore, they are at no lost. Other than that, I usually see a common trend of drama ratings increasing towards the end of the drama, since the last few episodes are more intense and the story is coming to an end. If LOTBS is able to wrap their story up nicely, I don't fear for ratings drop at all. 

• Like 10

Credit: as tagged

Kim Dam Ryung has already seen Sehaw in her true beautiful mermaid form. How about hoe Jun Jae?? :)) Don't you think Hoe jun Jae should also see Chung in her beautiful mermaid form? I think that would be great!! :)))

• Like 8

Hi...merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

Looking at all food on my table made me remind of our mermaid saying to JJ she doesn't want to eat then thinking of all food she'd like :wink:

All those scenes JJ listening to her inner thoughts was so funny...poor him he'll need a sleeping pills if she continues :wink:

Hope JJ will take seriously his hyung's last words of warning....

• Like 9