[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

14 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

I love the last kiss that I trimmed the closed up part and made it slower. Forgot to make it double or triple loops. It can be hotter. :D

wowwww ....tks! I think I can watch this all night or morning should I say ...and, i sure won't mind the double or triple loops ...if time permits for you, you can help us create? ...no rush, whatever is convenient for you, @Visually-wandering ..thanks! :)

• Like 6

18 hours ago, nika94 said:

Dear Lobsters! :)) I have a quick question

I am rewatching episode #7 and at the beginning of the episode Kam Dam Ryung carries Sehwa and talks about his dream. A very nice ost is also being played while he is talking. The singer has a very nice and delicate voice. Has That song being released? I like to get it. 

~thank you :))

I am currently backtracking and I saw this. I don't know if anyone answered you yet but no, they have not released that ost. I have been waiting weeks and weeks for them to release it. It's such a nice song that tells a beautiful and sad love story of a mermaid. I will be waiting. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

I am currently backtracking and I saw this. I don't know if anyone answered you yet but no, they have not released that ost. I have been waiting weeks and weeks for them to release it. It's such a nice song that tells a beautiful and sad love story of a mermaid. I will be waiting. 

Thank you for answering! :)))

Yeah, the ost is reallyyyyyy beautiful and a bit sad. It made cry!! The scene where Kim Dam Ryung is carring Sehwa and is talking about his dream is reallyyyy beautiful and has so much feels. 

Can we have a parallel scene where Jun Jae is carrying Chung and that ost is being played?! I love that! :tears:

Lobsters!! :))

I think 20 episodes is not enough 2 wrap of the story. I hope they extend it with 2 more episodes. Is it possible?! I  wanna see morrrre of Kim Dam Ryung and Sehwaaa. :tears: There is also Hoe Jun Jae family story, which is alone a big chunk of the drama. Chung should also know that JJ knows she is a mermaid. There is also Another thing!! You remember When The news of CH's mom and  Song Dong ill (MDY) being part of the cast came around, in the articles it was said that their charactets want to sell the mermaid(chung) to the highest price. Are we gonna see this conflict in the drama?! Do you guys also remember this?! Correct me if I am wrong. I think at some point, the evil woman is also gonna figure out Chung is a mermaid.

• Like 5

On 23.12.2016 at 8:31 PM, mythicalove said:

@Freespirit Yvonne yes, and the biggest indication of his death is that it is written in history that he died from a shipwreck at the age of 27. Though, it may just very well be a smart plan of his to escape and live happily with SH, so who knows. Though I do question, how did his vase end up on the ship as well? So I assume it can't possibly be that they were on the ship and taking him to jail and he escapes. Unless, they brought along the vase to prove that he has been bewitched. He might be tried at the palace so hence why they have to travel a far distance through boat. I don't know, I'm rambling nonsense. Lol. 

beats me too ...I'm sure the writer won't let him die soon ...probably in last few episodes ...

On 23.12.2016 at 8:59 PM, bukk1 said:

I hope I didn't offend anyone, I did like the kissing in ep 12 and the others too. I'm saying that what we have is plenty for me. I'm not judging anybody else's desires, mine are enough to manage.

no offence taken :)

On 23.12.2016 at 9:18 PM, mythicalove said:

I absolutely agree with you. I love the innocence of Korean Dramas. If I wanted them to eat each other alive, I would not be watching korean dramas. I always felt that the kisses between HJJ and SC was a factor of relationship development. It makes sense that as their relationship levels up, the kisses between them will become more passionate. The first kiss was sweet and innocent. The second kiss is sweeter and still innocent. I am one to love the youthful love that korean dramas present. That's how relationships in real life should really start off like. To me, they showcase their love for each other in other ways, not just sharing a passionate kiss. Kissing passionately does not equate love, especially if we just jump right into the intense and passionate kiss. It becomes less special that way, and therefore, less meaningful. I read elsewhere, someone complaining that HJJ should be bedding SC by now, and I was throwing so much eye-rolls. I appreciate HJJ and SC's sweet innocent love and absolutely love love love their relationship growth. I do not ask for more.

i concur with you @mythicalove though i love the lip-biting bit, I like the innocence in most Korean dramas so I'm okay should there not be kissing involved as the plot and chemistry between the leads will be good enough to captivate me.

On 23.12.2016 at 10:42 PM, nika94 said:

I also have this question that if someone is so smart, why should he go the wrong path?! He could use his smartness in a positive way. 

it's easier to take the wider as opposed to the narrower path. not many can resist the lure of 'easy money'. lol

On 23.12.2016 at 9:42 PM, CarolynH said:

Hi Lobsters

MOre of my random thoughts

@mythicalove and @Freespirit YvonnePerhaps KDR was trying to escape via a ship, he was caught and the boat destroyed causing the shipwreck.  That might expect the vase on the ship. Man, I'm going to cry buckets when KDR dies.  I do think he will die because in the chronicles HJJ read at the library, it said KDR died at 27 years.  if there was doubt about his death, wouldn't it say, KDR escaped and his whereabouts thereafter were unknown?  

i think you are probably right to come to conclusion KDR was trying to escape via a ship, especially where the vase is concerned. however, I don't think the writer will write him off that soon. we will probably encounter his death only during the last few episodes as KDR character is still critical at this juncture to tie the puzzle together for us.

On 23.12.2016 at 10:15 PM, CarolynH said:

I am still interested in learning the reason why HJJ became a full time conman when he has a good education.  He was apparently already scamming when he went to college, so why did he not use his education for a life free from crime-simply for the money?  

it's easier to take the wider as opposed to the narrower path. not many can resist the lure of 'easy money'. lol

On 23.12.2016 at 10:35 PM, nika94 said:

Compared to other Kiss Scenes from LMH, This last kiss is more Gentle, tender and at the same time so passionate. :wub:  Credit: as tagged

i totally concur @nika94.  keywords here : gentle, tender and passionate at the same time - I like.... lol

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Freespirit Yvonne said:
so handsome .... that i'm swooning ....i like to see a bit of his forehead ...

Hello dear, as mentioned in the first post please do not posting things that unrelated to LOBS in this thread. I need your cooperation to make this thread focus on the drama not on the actor or actress individual activities. You can post them in Lee Minho's thread. I hope other posters here can do the same thing as well. Thank you. 

BTS - Shin Won Ho aka Tae oh at filming set

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, ilwoo_aein said:

Hello dear, as mentioned in the first post please do not posting things that unrelated to LOBS in this thread. I need your cooperation to make this thread focus on the drama not on the actor or actress individual activities. You can post them in Lee Minho's thread. I hope other posters here can do the same thing as well. Thank you. 

oops ,.. i didn't know about this regulation in the forum. sorry and point noted. thank you.

• Like 3

@mythicalove

Ohh chingu, your enumeration of HJJ / KDR memory-trigger puzzle pieces astounds me. You are absolutely right. All of those pieces fell together so perfectly that it all finally made sense into one big puzzle for HJJ. That plus the fact that KDR is so smart when it comes to laying out pieces for his future self. The bracelet and the vase also helped tremendously too. Now, we just have to wait for SC's pieces of the puzzle. I hope she gets an insight to her past life as well. It will make to plot even more better. Writer-nim pleaseee hahaha. Speaking of the bracelet, I lost track of it. Where is it again now? I know that the other two relics (painting and vase) are in the museum, but I kinda lost track of the bracelet hahaha

@nika94

*sigh*. I actually have the same thoughts as you too, chingu. If the drama will air until 20 episodes, I feel like the remaining 8 will have to have some serious plot twists involved. Like your post said, there seems to be a ton of things that need closure. Is this a sign that the remaining 8 will definitely be action packed? Ohhhh I'm excited haha

• Like 7

On 12/23/2016 at 10:59 AM, nika94 said:

Hi! :)) 

I am wondering why I don't see Lobsters talking about the very beginning of Episode 12!

Who is worried about Kim Dam Ryung?! :tears: In the beginnig of episode 12, an officer tells KDR that he will be under house arrest. This means he has lost his power and is in exile. :((   He is considered a criminal now. 

"Criminal Kim Dam Ryeong, accept the royal command. You have been entranced by a witch and have not been able to fully complete your duty as the local government official. Kim Dam Ryeong who has disturbed the public sentiment and will be under house arrest exile in Gyeongsang Province, in Geje. Come out and receive the command"

Yes, now he is alone as he has let SW return to the ocean. He knows he will die soon and still trying to protect her from getting caught by the fisherman and to now have him restricted to his home and loss of his mayoral powers. It is pretty bleak for KDR. His is a tragic love story in the vein of Romeo and Juliet. There is no happiness in his life, only memories and he has less than a month to live and now dishonored and considered bewitched. It is a scandal that can affect his family as well. It was very short scene but powerful and thanks Nika94 for bringing it up. I also liked the part where HJJ is a natural detective, he missed his calling but the pay isn't high. Is that a civil service position? He is looking to be a civil servant? :w00t:

• Like 11

@wangnyeo ive also noticed that they dont write artcles for the show they keep writing w other show that they thought that is so popular. Here in our country lotbs is really popular even if its not still airing on tv the name heo jonjae is trending on twitter phils the other day and most of fb pages are talking about the show. And i think not only here but w the other countries they are no.1

• Like 9

5 hours ago, puppy8888 said:

@mythicalove

Ohh chingu, your enumeration of HJJ / KDR memory-trigger puzzle pieces astounds me. You are absolutely right. All of those pieces fell together so perfectly that it all finally made sense into one big puzzle for HJJ. That plus the fact that KDR is so smart when it comes to laying out pieces for his future self. The bracelet and the vase also helped tremendously too. Now, we just have to wait for SC's pieces of the puzzle. I hope she gets an insight to her past life as well. It will make to plot even more better. Writer-nim pleaseee hahaha. Speaking of the bracelet, I lost track of it. Where is it again now? I know that the other two relics (painting and vase) are in the museum, but I kinda lost track of the bracelet hahaha

My dear Chingu, how can I have missed such important pieces? Of course the bracelet and the vase were two very important puzzle pieces. I must have been out of my mind to have forgotten lol. 

The order of pieces falling together should be:

1.) SC

2.) The bracelet

3.) The vase

4.) The historical book

5.) MDY

6.) The painting of KDR

7.) the revelation of SC's identity 

All 7 pieces fell together gradually and constructed the full picture for HJJ. 

And the bracelet? It's still with HJJ lol. SC gave it to him and he's keeping it away safely, with plans on returning it to her. 

------------------------

@CarolynH and @Freespirit Yvonne I, too, believe KDR actually did die. I'm just wondering, if he is in the hands of the court, how will he escape to even travel on a ship to begin with? Could it be possible that he was traveling on the ship as a criminal on his way to be judge at the palace? Could it be that they brought along his vase to prove that he has been bewitched? Or, is it possible that he was proven innocent and released and he was on a trip somewhere, possibly to see SH? Given the context of the story, since KDR already knows he will die on a shipwreck, wouldn't he try to avoid traveling on a ship altogether? Therefore, I believe it is more likely the former, that he was forced to be on a ship because they were taking him to be tried. 

I am suffering greatly from not knowing. Lol. I have to tell myself "patience is virtue, patience is virtue." Hahaha.

@JocelleC thanks for informing us on the popularity of LOTBS in your country. I'm so glad to know that it's doing well there also :)

@wangnyeo it's fine that our family on here isn't big, chingu. Because of that, we are a warm and welcoming family that gets along so well :) nothing more to ask for. Hehehe.

• Like 12