[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

On 31/5/2016 at 3:37 AM, jazreen17 said:

Any actual synopsis out yet? 

It would have been nice to get some quick look on that script. HC andersen mixed with korean folklore. I think I read someone say in our thread that there will be some underwater filming?

It was me who said the underwater filming. It's because I saw the rumours of the Legend of the blue sea then I automatically assumed that there will be underwater filming. Imo the person who is most chellenged in this drama is not the actors-actresses or The screenwriter but the The director. I have seen him pull of some great scenes and shootings but he will have to pull a rabbit out of his hat for this one. to provide an excellent underwater filming which could actully be epic and even admired by International directors. This could definitely be his ticket to legendary status and showcase unseen creativity

• Like 9

Bidding war erupts for Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji Hyun's drama series

Actor Lee Min Ho and actress Jun Ji Hyun will star in the forthcoming project of Park Ji Eun, writer of the 2013 hit K-drama My Love From The Star, say industry sources.

Chinese media platforms are already battling for distribution rights to The Legend Of The Blue Sea, Park's adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale The Little Mermaid.

It has been reported that one media agency has offered about 590 million won (S$684,000) per episode, and that the production company expects more bidders in the near future.

Many industry insiders are assuming that the deal, if successfully inked, will break the record price for this year's mega hit, Descendants Of The Sun

Industry sources say top-tier stars Lee (The Heirs, 2013) and Jun (My Love From The Star) have confirmed their roles since receiving information on the synopsis of The Legend Of The Blue Sea.

The project will mark Jun's return after a maternity break and will be Lee's first drama in three years.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/bidding-war-erupts-lee-min-ho-jun-ji-hyuns-drama-series#sthash.DF9SAsMP.dpuf

• Like 14

One thing about this thread, the drama, the anticipation... I  like looking at the many wonderful beautiful digital artistry (aka fan edits) of the fans.. they're like wow.  It's amazing to see.

• Like 5

one more article

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun confirmed to star in 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'

8cbfc6e027e6375340bfebbf113918c4_1464598 

Actor Lee Min Ho and actress Jun Ji Hyun finally confirmed to play the leading roles in the upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs drama 'The Legend of the Blue Sea.' This drama is a fantasy romance which will portray the stories of a mermaid, who existed during Chosun Dynasty(AD 1392-1897). 

Drama 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is written by Park Ji Eun, who is a writer of the mega hit TV series 'My Love from the Star.' Fans are excited for the collaboration of writer Park Ji Eun, actress Jun Ji Hyun, and actor Lee Min Ho. The first episode of 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' will be broadcast in November.

Korea.com's Emily You contributed to this report from Seoul. [E-mail: maintyoung@korea.com]

http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=1059

• Like 13

Jun Ji-hyun, Lee Min-ho to team up

Spoiler

31161041.jpg

Korean Wave actress Jun Ji-hyun of “My Love from the Star” (2013-14) fame and pan-Asian actor Lee Min-ho of “The Heirs” (2013) will pair up in the upcoming drama series tentatively titled “Legend of the Blue Sea.”

The show will be written by star screenwriter Park Ji-eun, who penned “My Love from the Star,” the biggest hit drama series of 2014.

The drama is reportedly based on a local legend from the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910). According to the tale, there was a fisherman who caught a number of mermaids but later sent the mermaids back to the sea.

“Park began to write scripts by thinking of Jun and Lee for the two lead characters,” Culture Depot, the production company of the drama series, said Monday in a press release.

By Sung So-young

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3019392

ONE MORE ARTICLE THAT CONFIRMS THE ACTORS AND THE STORY...

• Like 12

Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Min Ho's 'The Legend Of The Blue Sea' gets release date; Selling rights valued at $495,000 per episode

the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-is-an-upcomin

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is an upcoming 2016 South Korean television series starring Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho. (

Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho have been cast as the leads in the upcoming drama, "The Legend of the Blue Sea," which is scheduled to premiere across South Korea in November at 10:00 P.M. KST. It is slated to take over SBS's Wednesdays-Thursdays time slot, right after the end of "Incarnation of Envy."

After months of contemplation, Lee and Jun have finally accepted the offer to star as the main leads in the upcoming fantasy-romance drama. The 20-episode TV drama will benefit from the creativity of screenwriter Park Ji Eun.

"From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple," the production company, Culture Depot, told Soompi. "The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one's imagination."

With television director Jin Hyuk at the helm, the forthcoming drama follows the county magistrate, Kim Dam Rung, who released mermaids into the sea and were later caught by a fisherman. The drama is based on "Eou Yadam," a short-story collection of Joseon scholar Yu Mong-In.

Although the character details of the lead stars remain fuzzy, "The Legend of the Blue Sea" is already drawing lucrative attention from numerous Chinese media outlets over its distribution rights. It was learned that one Chinese media agency has offered 590 million won ($495,000) per episode to secure the show's licensing rights.

The production company, on the other hand, expects more bidders in the near future and stressed that the licensing rights may even go for as high as $600,000 per episode, The K-pop Herald reported. With such big names attached to the forthcoming project, many industry insiders are speculating that the new SBS drama may surpass the whopping distribution price of KBS2's recent blockbuster drama, "Descendants of the Sun."

The new fantasy-drama marks Jun and Lee's return to the television screen since wrapping up "My Love From The Star" in 2014 and "The Heirs" in 2013, respectively. More details on the project will be revealed soon.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/128026/20160601/jun-ji-hyun-lee-min-ho-legend-of-the-blue-sea-release-date.htm

• Like 12

Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji Hyun Drama ‘Legend Of The Blue Sea’ To Be Actor’s Final Project Before Military Enlistment

lee-min-ho-visiting-taipei.jpg

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have been officially confirmed to star in the upcoming SBS drama "Legend of the Blue Sea." It is expected that the drama, which will air in November, will be the 28-year-old actor's last project before his military enlistment.

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho New Drama: 'Legend Of The Blue Sea'

Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho recently confirmed their appearance in the upcoming SBS drama with the working title "Legend of the Blue Sea," reports Soompi. Park Ji Eun, who was the writer for the hit drama starring Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun, will be writing the script for the upcoming Korean drama.

"Legend of the Blue Sea" will be based on the Joseon-era storybook, which talks about the story of Kim Dam Nyeong, who returned mermaids back to the sea. The drama will premiere in November and will air every Wednesdays and Thursdays on SBS.

The publication also reports that the anticipation for Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun's upcoming project is so great that it is already receiving huge offers from Chinese companies. The licensing offers for the said drama are already receiving as high as $500,000, which is higher than the hit Kdrama, "Descendants of the Sun," which starred Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo.

Lee Min Ho's Final Project Before Military Enlistment

Lee Min Ho's appearance in "Legend of the Blue Sea" is expected to be the actor's final project before enlisting in the military. Manila Bulletin reports that Lee is exempted from active duty military service and will instead be a public service personnel for two years due to his previous accident.

Lee has reportedly sustained multiple injuries when he suffered from a car accident in 2006 along with fellow actor, Jung Il-woo. Lee was hospitalized for seven months and had a metal implant inserted in his thigh.

http://www.parentherald.com/articles/46662/20160531/lee-min-ho-jun-ji-hyun-drama-legend-blue-sea.htm

• Like 11

On 31/5/2016 at 3:10 AM, bathilda said:

Hello!!! What's the height of lee min ho? Im a fan of JJh btw, me too cant believe that jjh will be back soon on tv esp now that she's a mother... she's kinda known for taking long breaks ahhahah.... 

As far as I know, he's 1.86-1.87 m...

• Like 2