[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

7 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun officially confirmed their pairing for a new drama

Mod edit: please do not quote images! 

Another legendary drama is on it’s way and it will be starred by top hallyu stars, actor Lee Min Ho and actress Jun Ji Hyun!

On May 30, they have finally confirmed that Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun will be a couple for the drama alongside the working title, the month of airing and the broadcast station where it will be aired.

“Legend of the Blue Sea” is the working title of their drama and it is set to be aired on November through tv broadcast SBS. Also, writer of “My Love From the Stars” Park Ji Eun and director of “City Hunter” Jin Hyuk will be the ones responsible for making this much anticipated drama.

The production company of the drama were the ones who confirmed their pairing and they promised to make the best couple ever with Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun.

Source: KpopFighting

SBS really making their payback for having DOTS slip thru their finger.... both LMH and JJH last small screen project were with SBS. And coincidentally their both previous drama was aired one after another. My Love from Another Stars was aired after Heirs done.... now both of the main cast are pairing and ready to hit SBS and dramaland again..

Edited by ororomunroe
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, quockhanh45 said:

Not really, they have other timeslot: Wed-Thurs and tvN Fri-Sat.

Which is a good thing in my opinion. More fantasy dramas, makes for more fantasy dramas to chose from. Different timeslots makes for less direct competition and hopefully less quotes comparison and fan drama.

Let's see if either of them can throw The Gu Family Book from its Favorite Drama Throne in my heart.

I hope both dramas do well and get good Blu Ray sets afterwards.

• Like 9

Let me borrow this Korean expression... Daebak!!! I've been looking forward to this drama from the time that the topic came up that JJH and LMH will be teaming up. I'm elated knowing that we'll be seeing our Goddess back on tv. I'm not sure how the story is gonna go. May it be the Korean vesion, Disney/ Hans Christian Andersen version or a version based on viewer's opinion, what I'm sure of is that I'll definitely watch this drama. I'll surely be one happy gal on my birthday month. Thank you Ji-Hyun Noona! Congratulations! Sending lots of love from the PH.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

I have missed LMH and the pairing is good. So count me in folks and hopefully we will have a nice ride. 

Mod edit: please do not quote images! 

Btw what shall we call this newly formed Ship? any suggestions?

I think we should wait until the drama airing :D you should post your fan art here,the cute merman minho :D

Edited by ororomunroe
  • Like 6

Hello JJH fans!  I loved JJH in MLFAS.  As I watched that drama, I thought she would be so great with LMH and now my wish has come true!  

Hello fellow minoz--we have been waiting for-ever for a drama confirmation, haven't we?  

Thanks @ilwoo_aein for starting this thread!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

I have missed LMH and the pairing is good. So count me in folks and hopefully we will have a nice ride. 

Btw what shall we call this newly formed Ship? any suggestions?

DAEBAK COUPLE !!!!!!!!!!!! 

I always picturing LMH on small screen with YEH... But when I saw this I just said daebak!! This is beyond my imagination

• Like 7

8 hours ago, jongski said:

Wait...... so with a November airing... uh oh....this will go up against....... TVN GOBLIN?????? 

Sooooo..fantasy romance drama! lets see who wins.. and who's the best writer???? ha ha :P:D  or best over all production. Right now MOTW is slaying it!

so Goblin will save its rating since it will be on the different time slot... but KBS, MBC and TVN really should come up with a great plan other wise what happen at The Moon Embraces the Sun will be repeated.... slaughtered the ratings record up to 50%...kekekekkek.

SBS has great line up drama in this time slot, before legend of the sea we'll have Gong Hyo Jin on Jealousy incarnate..... then this one... I cannot stop saying daebak for this drama.... I am really love this year watching lists.....

Love JJJH since My Sassy Girl (well who doesn't), the thief and my love from another star.... LMH, I never a fan of Gangnam Blues it's too dark for me, but all of his drama yes I love them...especially city hunter. this is surely daebak!!!

• Like 7

10 hours ago, gangurhar said:

I saw this news this morning and I have been screaming ever since 

JUN JI HYUN IS BACK with LEE MIN HO????!!!!

How could the Gods bless us so much?? And with such a perfect writer and PD??? 

This drama is set to be totally epic. 

They are going to be the long-legged couple ^_^

Hello!!! What's the height of lee min ho? Im a fan of JJh btw, me too cant believe that jjh will be back soon on tv esp now that she's a mother... she's kinda known for taking long breaks ahhahah.... 

• Like 5

Since the earlier reports stated that the drama might be an adaptation of both Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid, and the Korean merfolk tale during the Joseon era, and since most of us are more familiar with Andersen's, found a snippet of the Korean tale for some, like me, who's not familiar with the Korean version.

from aphilosopherchair.wordpress :

“金聘齡爲歙谷縣令, 嘗行宿于海上漁父之家, 問若得何魚, 對曰民之漁, 得人魚六首, 其二則創而死, 其四猶生之, 出視之, 皆如四歲兒, 容顔明媚, 鼻梁聳, 耳輪郭, 其鬚黃, 黑髮被額, 眼白黑照晢黃瞳子, 體或微赤, 或全白, 背上有淡黑文, 男女陰陽一如人, 手足揩蹠, 掌心皆皺文, 及抱膝而坐,皆與人無別, 對人無別, 垂白淚如雨, 聘齡, 憐之, 請漁人放之, 漁人甚惜之曰人魚取其膏甚美, 久而不敗, 不比鯨油日多而臭腐, 聘齡奪而還之海, 其逝也, 如龜鼈之游焉, 聘齡甚異之, 漁人曰魚之大者, 大如人, 此特其小兒耳, 曾聞杆城有魚巒, 得一人魚, 肌膚雪白, 如女人, 戱則魚笑之有若繾綣者, 遂放之洋中, 往而復返者再三而後去之。余嘗閱古書, 人魚男女狀如人, 海上人, 擒其牝, 畜之池, 相與交, 亦如人焉, 余竊笑之, 豈於東海上復見之。” (Credit also goes to the bloggerTeolbo.)

Essentially, it says that six merpeople have been caught in fishing activities and four of them survived. They are very fine-looking creatures that look like four-year-old children. Each has a high nose bridge, yellow facial hair, black hair and yellow eye pupils. Their bodies are either slightly reddish or white, with faint, black lines on the backs, and their mannerisms resemble those of humans. Taking pity on the merpeople, Kim Dam-ryeong asks the fisherman to release them, but he argues that their fats are delicious and have a longer shelf life than whale oil. Kim Dam-ryeong sets them free in the sea anyway and is astonished to see the merpeople swimming like turtles. The fisherman subsequently tells him more about the merpeople.

• Like 13