[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Hype builds for Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho's upcoming drama

Monday, May 30, 2016 

PS16041900094.jpg

Article: [Exclusive] Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho's new drama offered highest love call by China... 'mermaid' motif

Source: Munhwa Ilbo via Naver

1. [+2,792, -163] This is daebak... Lee Min Ho, Jun Ji Hyun, and scriptwriter Park Ji Eun

2. [+1,863, -131] Wow, Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho...? Woow!!!!!!!

3. [+1,349, -118] Daebak, this is a must watch!!!!!

4. [+1,152, -120] Kyah, hallyu actors Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, good luck!

5. [+419, -58] Talk about a killer cast list... this is a daebak for sure

6. [+294, -52] Just Jun Ji Hyun alone makes it a must watch but her co-star is Lee Min Ho? Perfect..

7. [+270, -45] You can't miss this drama with a cast like this... it's already looking like a hit for the second half of the year

8. [+294, -52] Finally we get to see Lee Min Ho in a drama

9. [+197, -36] Finally it's all confirmed!!! A must watch for November!!!

10. [+85, -15] Daebak, I've always wanted to see Lee Min Ho in a sad melodrama
  • Like 23

Jeon Ji-hyun, Lee Min-ho team up in new SBS drama Legend of the Blue Sea

leeminho_231b.jpg

It’s happening, it’s really happening: Jeon Ji-hyun is re-teaming with her You From Another Star writer, Park Ji-eun, for a new drama co-starring Lee Min-ho (Heirs), with a high likelihood of him reuniting with his City Hunter director, PD Jin Hyuk. Is China even going to be able to handle the excitement? I half expect the country to sell out of every single thing featured in the drama within its first week.

Read full article >> http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/jeon-ji-hyun-lee-min-ho-team-up-in-new-sbs-drama-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

• Like 19

Lee Min-ho, Jun Ji-hyun cast for new SBS TV series

SEOUL, May 30 (Yonhap) -- South Korean superstars Lee Min-ho and Jun Ji-hyun have been cast for an upcoming television series, a local network said Monday.

Seoul Broadcasting Station (SBS) said the A-lister duo will take the top roles in the series of which the Korean title is roughly translated as "Legend of the Blue Sea."

The new series, expected to air in November, is generating excitement among Korean drama fans as Park Ji-eun, the screenwriter of the mega-hit "My Love from the Star," will write the script.

Lee will star in a local television series for the first time in three years since "The Heirs."

South Korean stars Lee Min-ho (L) and Jun Ji-hyun (R) (Yonhap)

source: English yonhap news

• Like 19

Guest ororomunroe

I can't believe the rumor is actually true :D

I loved LMH in Faith and JJH in MLFTS so I'm marking my spot!!

Love the writer as well - My Husband Got A Family is one of my all time faves. 

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho Finally Officially Confirmed For “My Love From The Star” Writer’s New SBS Drama

lee-min-ho-and-jun-ji-hyun.jpg

Actors Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have officially confirmed their appearance in writer Park Ji Eun’s new drama.

Although news has been coming out as if it was confirmed previously, it was mostly from the mouths of industry insiders. Now there is actual confirmation from the drama’s production company, as well as a schedule and broadcasting station.

The drama, with the working title “Legend of the Blue Sea,” will star Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, airing on SBS, Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting in November. It is slated to premiere after the end of “Incarnation of Envy.” The drama is a fantasy romance, taking its motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught fisherman back to the sea.

Writer Park Ji Eun previously wrote the hit drama “My Love From My Star,” which also starred Jun Ji Hyun, working alongside Kim Soo Hyun. The director of the new drama is Jin Hyuk, who has worked with Lee Min Ho in the past on “City Hunter.”

The production company, Culture Depot, stated, “From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one’s imagination.”

source: SOOMPI

• Like 20

dang it...I was really waiting for someone to create a thread for this drama after that confirmation news..tnx for creating the thread @ilwoo_aien ...I'm all in...Jeon Ji Hyun knows how to pick best projects so I know this will be one of the greatest drama...and with LMH as her partner now ...OMG! can't wait for this... 20 Cute cartoon peach emoji gifsat last LMH is back at the small screen...another beautiful OTP to watch for...

bookmarked already...

• Like 18

anticipating

Mod edit. DO NOT CIRCUMVENT MINIMUM POST LENGTH OF 20 CHARACTERS
This is to ensure that the content that does get posted is worth members' time to read.

Edited by ororomunroe
  • Like 6

Guest Moonrain

Lee Min-ho, Jun Ji-hyun to star together in upcoming drama

(Bhc, MYM Entertainment)
SBS drama from 2013 “My Love from the Star” set new and bold standards for its onscreen successors. On Monday, industry associates confirmed the writer of the pan-Asian hit, scriptwriter Park Ji-eun, has chosen actor Lee Min-ho and actress Jun Ji-hyun to star as the main leads of her forthcoming project, “The Legend of the Blue Sea.”

The associates added that the two top-tier celebrities have confirmed their roles since receiving information on the synopsis of the TV drama. 

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” -- despite its current preproduction status -- is already receiving overwhelming, yet lucrative attention from Chinese media platforms battling to clinch its distribution rights. It has been reported that one media agency has offered to bid approximately 590 million won ($495,000) per episode, and the production company expects more bidders in the near future. 

Official poster for "My Love from the Star" (SBS)

Many industry insiders are assuming if the deal is successfully inked, it will break the record distributing price of this year’s mega hallyu hit, KBS2’s “Descendants of the Sun.” 

The project will mark Jun’s return to the industry after taking a hiatus to have a child, as well as Lee’s return to TV screens after three years. 

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” is to be an adaptation of Danish author Hans Christian Andersen’s most prized fairy tale, “The Little Mermaid.” More details on the project will be revealed soon. 

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201605301506506377057_2

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho confirmed for writer Park Ji-eun's new drama, 'The Legend of the Blue Sea'

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho together are returning to the small screen through writer Park Ji-eun's new drama.

On May 20, SBS has announced, "Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho will play the leading roles in 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' (working title) slated for November this year".

'The Legend of the Blue Sea' is a drama that borrowed motifs from 'The Little Mermaid' written by Hans Christian Andersen. The drama is drawing attention for being a new drama by writer Park Ji-eun, who wrote "My Love from the Star".

It has been known that, from the early stage of planning to write 'The Legend of the Blue Sea', writer Park Ji-eunalready had Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho in her mind.

Jeon Ji-hyeon is returning since she gave birth in February this year and also this is her comeback drama in two years since "My Love from the Star" by writer Park Ji-eun.

Lee Min-ho also is returning to the small screen in three years since "The Heirs".

Meanwhile, it is also known that 'The Legend of the Blue Sea' has been offered half million dollars per episode from a video streaming company in China. This proves how powerful the effect of two actors could be.

Source

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR9Pp8fXSkIXyHyHnE4Io
Source: hancinema

Edited by bebe1989
  • Like 18

eonnie @ilwoo_aein Thank you for creating this thread, really happy to meet you in here...... i will just paste my previous post on LMH page, this drama is very worth anticipated... beside all this year dramas are a great comeback... this year drama also set new record in dramaland... 

in term of price per episode sold by the rights owner... this year DOTS break the record by, they sold nearly $270.000 per episode to China and Japan (some source said Japan buy it at $100.000), but that set a new record that time while Fated to love you sold $120.000 per episode, and JJH last drama my love from another star sold at $ 35.000 - $40.000 per episode, and LMH previous drama was sold $30.000 per episiode, three days was sold at $50.000 per episode and doctor stranger sold at $80.000 per episode.

and $500.000 per episode that really set a new bar in dramaland. 

I am, personally, satisfied with writer my love from another star and city hunter director, this drama adapted from "The little mermaid" by Hans Christian Andersen so will it be a sad melodrama or a warm melodrama i don't care I will just enjoy the ride because the beginning already make me excited.

I once read that this drama will be half pre-produced so is that mean that when the first episode air, they already completed half of the full total episodes shoot... so they also will observe the viewers reaction on wrapping the ending... that's fair.... 

happy waiting dear chinggus...let's anticipate it...

• Like 15

In......:heart::blush:

as you may all know I love LMH and willing to become Jun Ji-Hyun fan.. First I will have to watch some of her works I already watched il mare and the American re-make. So she is someone good. 

Welcome back LMH.....

• Like 12

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun officially confirmed their pairing for a new drama

CjtG828UYAA6ztf.jpg

Another legendary drama is on it’s way and it will be starred by top hallyu stars, actor Lee Min Ho and actress Jun Ji Hyun!

On May 30, they have finally confirmed that Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun will be a couple for the drama alongside the working title, the month of airing and the broadcast station where it will be aired.

“Legend of the Blue Sea” is the working title of their drama and it is set to be aired on November through tv broadcast SBS. Also, writer of “My Love From the Stars” Park Ji Eun and director of “City Hunter” Jin Hyuk will be the ones responsible for making this much anticipated drama.

The production company of the drama were the ones who confirmed their pairing and they promised to make the best couple ever with Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun.

Source: KpopFighting

• Like 13

I saw this news this morning and I have been screaming ever since 

JUN JI HYUN IS BACK with LEE MIN HO????!!!!

How could the Gods bless us so much?? And with such a perfect writer and PD??? 

This drama is set to be totally epic. 

They are going to be the long-legged couple ^_^

• Like 16

Wait...... so with a November airing... uh oh....this will go up against....... TVN GOBLIN?????? 

Sooooo..fantasy romance drama! lets see who wins.. and who's the best writer???? ha ha :P:D  or best over all production. Right now MOTW is slaying it!

• Like 6

Just now, jongski said:

Wait...... so with a November airing... uh oh....this will go up against....... TVN GOBLIN?????? 

Sooooo..fantasy romance drama! lets see who wins.. and who's the best writer???? ha ha :P:D  or best over all production. Right now MOTW is slaying it!

Not really, they have other timeslot: Wed-Thurs and tvN Fri-Sat.

• Like 7