[Movie 2018] Cheese in the Trap, 치즈 인 더 트랩

jeijei

11 hours ago, MiAmour said:
Dara will be Bora, but im not sure what KHJ character will be :sweatingbullets:

Daum has Kim Hyun Jin as Eun Taek (and so does this article).  I'm not familiar with Kim Hyun Jin in the slightest, unlike pretty much everyone else they've cast.  Hm.   Well, he's in Man to Man with PHJ and also part of PHJ's agency, which is also producing the movie, so...

In any case, he's pretty brand new, with only those two credits to his name.  And he's a good decade younger than the rest of the cast :tongue: I can see a little Eun Taek in him though.  He looks the part, at the very least.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Daum has Kim Hyun Jin as Eun Taek (and so does this article).  I'm not familiar with Kim Hyun Jin in the slightest, unlike pretty much everyone else they've cast.  Hm.   Well, he's in Man to Man with PHJ and also part of PHJ's agency, which is also producing the movie, so...

In any case, he's pretty brand new, with only those two credits to his name.  And he's a good decade younger than the rest of the cast :tongue: I can see a little Eun Taek in him though.  He looks the part, at the very least.

Whoa thats great, thanks for the info! :blush:

-----

OYS updates; she looks great w/ that hairstyle

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

There's also an interview in three parts with director Kim Je Young about the age of the cast and other things.  Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 /

It would be great if someone could translate :wink:  Still, the gist seems to be that the director wanted actors who could act and who matched the webtoon characters well.  I think there's something about not changing side characters and extras all to be in their 30's in order to match the main cast, lol.  (That's good, because that's just silly :D)

And another composite of the cast and their webtoon counterparts:

2017041101000924900065554.jpg

It also says that they started filming on the 10th and expect to continue for three months.

Did no one post this either?

“Cheese In The Trap” Film Reps Talk About Planned Differences In Plot Compared To Drama Adaptation

A. Aspera March 30, 2017

park-ha-jin-oh-yeon-seo-park-ki-woong-sa

The makers of the movie adaptation of webtoon “Cheese in the Trap” have addressed questions about whether the film will be following the plot that was seen in the story’s drama adaptation.

On March 30, production company Mountain Movement Story explained, “The movie version’s script has been completed early. It would be difficult to say that it contains the original’s full story.”

However, their statement continued, “The original writer Soonkki supported the whole project as an adviser. Although the film will not stray from the original framework of the webtoon, it will be a completely different take on ‘Cheese in the Trap’ than the drama version.”

“Cheese in the Trap” revolves around the seemingly typical student Hong Seol and the mysterious Yoo Jung. It tells the story between the two, as the subtleties in their relationship unfold. The webtoon began on July 2010, and is now on its 184th volume.

Furthermore, Soonkki revealed that she will release an epilogue, as thanks for the fans who have supported her work for the past seven years.

The film boasts big names in its lineup, with Park Hae Jin reprising his role in the drama as Yoo Jung, and Hong Seol to be portrayed by Oh Yeon Seo, who was a fan favorite for the role.

In addition, siblings Baek In Ho and Baek In Ha will be played by Park Ki Woong and Yoo In Young, while Oh Jung Hyuk, Sandara Park, and Kim Hyun Jin were also cast in the movie adaptation.

source: original / soompi news

21 hours ago, ecs707a said:

There's also an interview in three parts with director Kim Je Young about the age of the cast and other things.  Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 /

thank you for the links. i don't understand hangul and just using google translation to read it. and it is kinda satisfying reading (if google reliable enough) how the directors seems really know what his doing. i get the feeling, by his answer related with age issues, it's not going to be continuation from webtoon ending (contradict the rumors which assume it will take on Office work rather than college). it will be another adaptation version from the webtoon. this suits my preference as i really want to see proper adaptation, cause drama version has not done any justice to webtoon story and characters. i don't really get  why people complain about the age. it's not the first time older actors play much younger roles. it happens in most hollywood movie (remember Garfield 30' as 17' peter parker ?). and the reason why the director doesn't mind with the ages because he prefers to have actors who can act; and with the hope that older actors could understand the depth of characters completely. the only thing that worries me that he don't (or didn't ?) read the original work. when he got the job, the first draft already there (which i assumed made by soonki herself). he felt that first draft connected to people who familiar with the original, but not the first time viewer. he said that he did do some changing to the first draft to be more suit both the fan and the first timer, and in the hope it will attract first timer to search for the original after watching this movie. 

it is also interesting to see how he will improve PHJ as Jung so it won't be like he reprise the same role from the drama (this is also the same concern PHJ has). the director just win my heart when he got rid  "the orange Seol" and prefer went with hairstylist suggestion. "the orange Seol" in drama was the worst adaptation decision ever.  

i am very excited for this movie cause the webtoon is my all time favourite. i am already approved all the selected cast (though i prefer lee min ki as baek in ho), and can't wait for the movie to release this end of year. 

1 hour ago, junah25 said:

it's not going to be continuation from webtoon ending (contradict the rumors which assume it will take on Office work rather than college)

Yeah, I was looking for confirmation of that rumor one way or another too.  It's good to know.  And I'm glad about that, too.  I don't think it'll be so weird for me to see this cast as 20-somethings.  They're not that old.  :wink:  And they can all act, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

1 hour ago, junah25 said:

and in the hope it will attract first timer to search for the original after watching this movie

Heh.  That's what the drama did for me.  Or rather, I read something like half of the first season before the drama aired, out of curiosity, and then watched the drama.  But after the movie news came out, I picked it back up and now I'm halfway through the second season and reading a chapter or two a day.  It's addictive!

I think that kind of worked for me, since at the point I stopped reading, Inho wasn't a huge part of the story yet, so I didn't hate drama Inho too much, lol.  I was mostly just really angry that they dropped the most interesting thread in the drama adaptation (Jung, obviously), so I have mixed feelings about the drama.  The plus side is that because the drama strayed so far from the webtoon, the movie can avoid some comparisons, I think.  It will be different from the drama, by virtue of being faithful to the original.  I'm ready for something that stays true to the webtoon and I think that's what they're going for, so I'm happy about that.

2 hours ago, junah25 said:

i am already approved all the selected cast (though i prefer lee min ki as baek in ho)

Oh, oookaaay.  I can forgive you for that :wink:  (I like Lee Min Ki a lot too, so honestly I would have been fine either way.)  I remember reading casting wishlists before the drama, so when they started casting this movie version, I was not surprised.  They're trying to please the webtoon's fans, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Park Hae Jin and Oh Yeon Seo release couple cuts for 'Cheese in the Trap'

0000960522_001_20170426075514536.jpg

0000960522_002_20170426075514547.jpg

screenshot-entertain.naver.com%2B2017-04

Article: Movie 'Cheese in the Trap' Park Hae Jin ♥ Oh Yeon Seo

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+3,066, -125] Oh Yeon Seo has always been the better fit for the character's look

2. [+2,879, -138] I liked Kim Go Eun but this is so much of a better match to the webtoon!

3. [+2,198, -87] Talk about crazy syncing ㅋ

4. [+2,047, -87] Wow, she is just completely Hong Seol

5. [+1,449, -78] The sync is no joke

6. [+317, -18] Let's please make sure the movie turns out well

7. [+279, -28] Yoo Jung sunbae is back and attacking my heart~ can't wait for the movie

8. [+263, -25] Hitting me right in the feels

9. [+240, -26] Please don't make it frustrating like the TV version

10. [+225, -23] Wow, it looks like they just created human versions of the webtoon!   -- Where's the lie?

Some new photos of PHJ and PKW!  High school flashback scenes, I presume.

BI7qonx.jpg
source

Okay, I'll admit it's a bit weird to see the two of them dressed as high school students...still, I'm just glad to see some concrete evidence of filming.  Looks like a nice atmosphere on set too :)

Cast of Cheese in the Trap transform into students on movie set

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

Instiz: Filming photos of Cheese in the Trap the movie 

-Oh Yeon Seo is the Hong Seol I've always wished for

-Looks like Hong Seol came straight out of the manhwa

-Hong Seol's sync is daebak..

-How will Sandara Park act? ㅋㅋㅋ

-But Bora's hair has to be short

-People were calling it 'Cheese in the Office' but they're believable as college students

-Can't ask for a better Hong Seol and Yoo Jung

hfjkahjf.jpg

fhsjahfj.png

Sports Dong A via Naver: 'Cheese', Park Hae Jin x Park Ki Woong transform into high schoolers... "0% sense of disharmony"

1. [+2,074, -82] Yoo Jung - Park Hae Jin, Baek Inha - Yoo In Young, Hong Seol - Oh Yeon Seo ㅠㅜㅠ The fans got their ideal cast ㅜㅜ On top of that, Park Ki Woong fits the role

2. [+1,775, -59] 10 years ago and now, can't believe Park Ki Woong can still pull off a high school role

3. [+1,432, -64] Park Hae Jin in uniform looks like he just leaped out of the manhwa.. Park Ki Woong really looks like a student, a handsome one. Their visuals are no joke

4. [+920, -59] Wow they fit their roles well

5. [+837, -69] Yoo Jung sunbae and Baek Inho don't seem out of place at all

6. [+203, -25] Just looks like a scene from the comic ㄷㄷㄷ Great job with the casting

http://kkul-jaem.blogspot.com/2017/05/cast-of-cheese-in-trap-transform-into.html

If W opened a portal into the real world, these actors would definitely have escaped from a comic book. Look at OYS in the third pic. Damn girl nailed it.

More coverage of the recent stills.  From Dramabeans, and be sure to head over there to read the whole thing, because there's a bit that I'm sure is from that interview with the director.

Going back to school, finding new faces for Cheese in the Trap movie

by javabeans

Okay, so maybe Park Hae-jin (Man to Man) and Park Ki-woong (Monster) are a smidge past high school uniform age, but I can’t deny that I’m looking forward to seeing them reinterpret the frenemy-bromance of Jung and In-ho in the movie remake of slice-of-life campus romance Cheese in the Trap, which began filming two weeks ago. What can I say? I still feel a little burned by the drama, but I can’t stay away; I need to see how this version works out!

Park Hae-jin reprises his role from the tvN drama as Yoo Jung, the smart, rich, seemingly perfect popular guy who shows glints of a mysterious, darker inner side. Those flashes of darkness go largely unnoticed by most people, but not the perceptive heroine, Hong Seol, played here by Oh Yeon-seo (Come Back, Ajusshi). Park Ki-woong’s character, Baek In-ho, had been poised for a brilliant piano career until a misunderstanding ruined his dream and drove a wedge in his friendship with Jung; in the present day, In-ho is all simmering resentment toward his former friend.

Read the rest at dramabeans

And one from soompi news:

Park Hae Jin And Park Ki Woong Show Off Their Bromantic Chemistry In “Cheese In The Trap” Movie Stills

D. Druther May 2, 2017

“Cheese In The Trap” movie stars Park Hae Jin and Park Ki Woong look like dreamy school boys straight out of a manga in the latest stills for the upcoming film.

On May 3, the production team for the film released images of the two characters are all smiles as they pal around on campus.

In the upcoming film, Park Hae Jin plays Yoo Jung, the model student who seemingly has it all. In Ho, Park Ki Woong’s character, was an extremely promising music prodigy who had to give up his dream due to an accident that he
mistakenly blames Yoo Jung for. The two grew up almost like real brothers after the death of In Ho’s parents when he was a child.

“An important key point of filming the movie was the story of Yoo Jung and In Ho’s relationship, and the chemistry between these two actors was perfect,” a source from the production commented. “While carefully monitoring [their performance], their enthusiasm really stood out.”

Meanwhile, filming for the “Cheese In The Trap” movie began in late April.

Source: original / soompi

Apparently according to this IG account, the webtoon has finished with a happy ending...anyone read it? How close is this movie going to follow the drama or the webtoon?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Yeon Seo Beautifully Pulls off the "Cheese In The Trap" Hong Seol Hairstyle

oh-yeon-seo-cheese-in-the-trap-my-sassy-girl.jpg

The actress is also starring in the upcoming drama “My Sassy Girl” with Joo Won, and new stills show another glimpse of Oh Yeon Seo dressed in traditional costume for the drama. The show will be premiering on SBS on May 29.

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/05/22/oh-yeon-seo-beautifully-pulls-off-the-cheese-in-the-trap-hong-seol-hairstyle/#comment-479124

Luv OYS and she''ll slay the Hong Seol role.. One of OYSeo's monikers is "Chemistry Queen", so excited 2 see her with PHJ!

Thumbnail

I really really really like if only it's possible to watch the movie now! Distance Waiting makes the heart grow fonder and i'll keep waiting even if it makes the heart pound harder with anticipation. PHJ is worth it!:blush:

I have to add though that i'm not really into OYS, she is KTH version 2.0 and for that i can't find 'her' anymore whenever i look at her. I hope she'll prove me wrong. :smile:

Inho and Inha!

zdmfzz0.jpg
source

Also, there's an interview with Park Hae Jin, in three parts.  Haven't had time to really look at it yet, but he definitely talks about CITT.  Part 1 / 2 / 3

Especially part 2, I'd guess, based on the titles :wink:  Hopefully we can get a translation soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 9:51 AM, ecs707a said:

Inho and Inha!
source

Also, there's an interview with Park Hae Jin, in three parts.  Haven't had time to really look at it yet, but he definitely talks about CITT.  Part 1 / 2 / 3

Especially part 2, I'd guess, based on the titles :wink:  Hopefully we can get a translation soon.

I wonder if the photos in the interview will be PHJ's hairstyle in CITT-TM... or are those fotos taken elsewhere for other purposes?

Archived