[Awards 2016] 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards | Congratulations to all the Winners !

Admin

Whoa! DId not realize that there's an award thread in soompi for the Baeksang like we had previously. Hi hi to @rori0711 and @irilight and everyone!  user posted image

Especially glad and happy for Signal, Kim Hye Soo & Lee Byung Hun. user posted image

Congratulations to all the winners, movie & tv!  user posted image

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, irilight said:

@rori0711 , hi... I was so glad that Lee Byung-Hun won for Inside Men.

But disappointed that Jo Jin-Woong did not win Best Actor for Signal...

@irilight there's more awarding bodies to come :) Signal is an acclaimed production and will surely collect more trophies. Jo Jin-Woong still has a chance ;) 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rubie said:

Whoa! DId not realize that there's an award thread in soompi for the Baeksang like previously. Hi hi to @rori0711 and @irilight and everyone!

Especially glad and happy for Signal, Kim Hye Soo and Lee Byung Hun and congratulations to all the winners, movie & tv!  user posted image

hi @rubie am not so keen with 52nd Baeksang. It was only the last minute that i remember the best actor's film category, and LBH might be up for Inside Men and am tossing between Jeon Do Yeon and Kim Hye Soo in Best Actress film. of course, it's still Jeon Do Yeon :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, inshara2000 said:

Sorry I didn't get the question.

But i watched every movie/drama YAI starred in post Sungkyungkwan Scandal 

I understand, and I agree that Yoo Ah-In is a fabulous actor.

What I was saying is that I felt that either Jo Jin-Woong should have gotten it for Signal or Namgoong Min for Remember. They were hoth outstanding in their respective roles. And I say this because I have watched all 3 actors in their respective drama, so I can compare their performances in my mind.

I am now reading on the Korean press that many think that Jo Jin-Woong was robbed.

• Like 2

Just now, irilight said:

I understand, and I agree that Yoo Ah-In is a fabulous actor.

What I was saying is that I felt that either Jo Jin-Woong should have gotten it for Signal or Namgoong Min for Remember. They were hoth outstanding in their respective roles. And I say this because I have watched all 3 actors in their respective drama.

I am now reading on the Korean press that many think that Jo Jin-Woong was robbed.

Well I wanted either NGM or YAI to win the award. I am kinda biased i guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grace1003 said:

This is the TV Drama Category though. 

I don't believe this .. best actress drama for signal's female lead.. that is totally undeserving..

The guy who played the older cop and the director + technical team alone are deserving of award from that series..

THe lady and the younger male lead..didn't do anything extraordinary in that series....it was a typical cop drama role.. 

IN typical roles, unless you bring out something unique ( like our older cop did..sry can't recall his real name).. give your character enough depth so that audience is sooo connected with the emotions... unless you do that..what is the contribution..

And the lady IMO doesn't deserve it.. Ri Ma Ran is much more deserving comparitvely

(although pleasant surprise. Song hye kyo didn't get it..)

28 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

And the lady IMO doesn't deserve it.. Ri Ma Ran is much more deserving comparitvely

"Who is deserving" is indeed subjective. If you're familiar with Kim Hye Soo, you'd know that Cha Soo Hyun is not the usual role she's played. For me, she definitely moulded herself into Detective Cha, the tough team leader who started as a quite meek police officer. She was no Kim Hye Soon; she was just Cha Soo Hyun who loved Lee Jae Han. There were scenes in Signal where the shifting of her character was so obvious, you'd ask if it's still Kim Hye Soon playing it. She was able to deliver the growth of a police officer into a tough, fearless detective. That alone was deserving of an accolade, in my humblest opinion.

In Jo Jin Woong's case, he was amazing as Lee Jae Han. That name alone will always be embedded in my brain. His scene at the theatre should've locked him as a best actor. Yet, Yoo Ah In also gave such an enigmatic potrayal as Bang Won. I wanted Jo Jin Woong to win, but YAI winning isn't so bad either. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, chiharuhime said:

"Who is deserving" is indeed subjective.

Yup... i just expressed mine

If you're familiar with Kim Hye Soo, you'd know that Cha Soo Hyun is not the usual role she's played. For me, she definitely moulded herself into Detective Cha, the tough team leader who started as a quite meek police officer. She was no Kim Hye Soon; she was just Cha Soo Hyun who loved Lee Jae Han. There were scenes in Signal where the shifting of her character was so obvious, you'd ask if it's still Kim Hye Soon playing it. She was able to deliver the growth of a police officer into a tough, fearless detective. That alone was deserving of an accolade, in my humblest opinion.

Except for the episode where she meets her kidnapped/ except for that storyline.. the reason I don't appreciate her acting in this series is because she didn't deliver exactly what she was supposed to..

Again, it is my opinion and what I felt when watching the drama.. because liek everyone i loved Signal..so wasn't a biased opinion..and yes I am seeing her at work for the first time..

She was supposed to be a tough cop..which she entirely failed to convince me from ep 1... except for some dialogues..nothing in her demeanour or actions as a cop convinced me of that. She always came across as quite a regular cop trying to act tough..( this is before her past was revealed). .. and hence fell flat..

The shouting, the scary act...all was very typical.. 

I appreciate two parts of her acting in this series - the kidnapping part, and the playing dumb part in her past..

But not enough for the award.. because at the end of the day.. I did not connect with her character, I felt she was 'acting' (which should NEVER happen for an actor)...

In Jo Jin Woong's case, he was amazing as Lee Jae Han. That name alone will always be embedded in my brain. His scene at the theatre should've locked him as a best actor. Yet, Yoo Ah In also gave such an enigmatic potrayal as Bang Won. I wanted Jo Jin Woong to win, but YAI winning isn't so bad either. 

Agree there.. YAI is equally deserving..

I am honestly surprised that DoTs didn't win it :) .. you know popularity and money being important..that drama literally gave korea's economy a boost.. ( also I heard last time youngpal's leading lady was awarded and she was as underserving as one can be.. haven't watched the series so can't confirm)