[Variety] Sister's Slam Dunk 언니들의 슬램덩크 (KBS) - Season 1 & Season 2

Guest Tinkiebell

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reaction video!!! Wow!! I dunno know how many times I've seen it and still gives me goosebumps. It's becoming so real now, we are nearing the end.:cold_sweat:

As of now, the views are increasing on the mv. (2,227,373 m views). I heard people are going to give them a chance to #1 on MuBank. That's why evryone are still streaming the video and their songs on music portal sites. It dropped slightly in rankings on music portals tho.

I was hoping to see the Busan version mv, too. But I guess maybe that will be somewhere in the show instead.(???)

wow @ploopy678 how did you ever memorized those dances?

oh, speaking of dance covers, anyone noticed this scene from the busan trip and the latest trip? I'm sure i am the last one to know and everyone knows about it already then.

iU04f8F.jpg

Turns out I should have searched for it sooner

Spoiler

<#언니쓰 와 시청자가 함께 만드는 뮤직비디오>
<맞지?>의 #커버댄스 를 스마트폰으로 찍어서 보내주세요!
선정되신 분들의 동영상은 언니쓰 뮤직비디오에 삽입됩니다.
#응모방법 : 1. <맞지?> 커버댄스를 스마트폰으로 찍는다
2. 페이스북 댓글/메세지/이메일(unnies2017@gmail.com)로 커버댄스 영상을 보낸다
※개인SNS(페이스북/인스타) 올리고 #unnies2017 헤시태그를 남기면 당첨 확률 up!※
#응모기한 : 5월 15일 밤 12시까지
#당첨혜택 : 뮤직비디오 장면 삽입 + 언니쓰2기 싸인 CD 증정

Google translation:

<# Music video made by sister and audience together >
Send your cover dancing on your smartphone to <Right>?
The video of the selected people is inserted into the sister music video.
# How to apply: 1. Take a cover dance on your smartphone.
2. Send cover dancing video to Facebook comments / messages / email (unnies2017@gmail.com)

Personal SNS (Facebook / INSTA) Raising # unnies2017 If you leave the tag, the probability of winning is up!
# Deadline: May 15th at 12 pm
# Winning prize: insert music video scene + present CD of sister's writing 2

I hope you've send yours to @ploopy678 (Haven't you?) It's closed already tho. Ugh!!!!:weary: So there will be a second music video and probably be in broadcast of the last episode maybe.

And if anyone who is interested in getting a Season 3, there is a possibility to do so I guess. From this article (or from the broadcast in V live), it says that if we want a Season 3, we can at least leave a message (or two) in their message board. The more the better I guess.

http://smart.kbs.co.kr/tv/enter/sisters2/board/menu01/index.html

I forgot how to leave a message there but I used to do it once. I will get back here on how to leave a message on the board next time.

And time really does fly... one week in and I hope the ranking in charts are still doing good. 2 more episodes left and there's goodbye UNNIES:sleepy:

Just be honest, how's the production of the song turns out? Are you guys satisfied? I know everyone has an opinion...:smile:I'm curious about the rest of you...

On 4/19/2017 at 7:32 PM, scone1025 . said:

What do you think is the connection there? Do you think that they asked him again and though he had to turn it down, still reached out to his friends to help? Or maybe they watched him doing it last year and thought it looked like something they would like to try? Do you think JYP is pulling strings in the background and will pop up at the end? He seems pretty hands on from season 1 so I kinda doubt that.

My theory came from when I was watching episode 16 from last season. around the 1h:14m mark JYP talks about how after working with the Unnies, "personally, [he] got back some things that [he] had forgotten." I think that he recognized that the business can breed cynicism but that it also make dreams. My guess is that he saw value in working with the Unnies, and wanted his friends in the business who might also have become jaded by the whole process (as we sort of saw in the early episodes), become re-energized and refreshed in their own careers. Whether that was his intention or not, I think that is what is happening.

Whoa! Your theory's deep! I didn't think that far in. But I do see your point there. I guess when he worked with Unnies in S1, it gave him the chance pursue his own dreams furthermore at the same time and in hopes that he will, too, accomplish his talent as a songwriter-producer and still be enjoying, be passionate and inspires himself to do better.

In my personal opinion was that with all the methods Kpop have in the industry, I have a gut feeling the PD of the show (Park Inseok) has fondness on the JYP style training from S1. It looks as tho it is difficult but to audiences but JYP style is easily absorbed (like me). I've been a JYP stan since the first wave of 2nd Generation began (I've never understood SM or YG then) but JYP's was simple yet sophisticated, difficult but effective, and we see that in those coaches (they have obvious similarities to the MAN himself) given Kim Hyeong-sok PD-nim was JYP's mentor.

And SM's vocal trainer, Jang Jinyoung was probably chosen because his style of teaching is easy on the girls and the company probably does produced the best girl groups in Kpop history. (SNSD, fx, red velvet,etc) SM girl groups singing style became a template to most girls groups these days compared to JYP's if they want to be the perfect girl-group. (TWICE is a young group so I can't really talk about them yet) but SM knows their artists' color.

52 minutes ago, tdjunlimited said:

oh, speaking of dance covers, anyone noticed this scene from the busan trip and the latest trip? I'm sure i am the last one to know and everyone knows about it already then.

iU04f8F.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Google translation:

2. Send cover dancing video to Facebook comments / messages / email (unnies2017@gmail.com)

Personal SNS (Facebook / INSTA) Raising # unnies2017 If you leave the tag, the probability of winning is up!

I hope you've send yours to @ploopy678 (Haven't you?) It's closed already tho. Ugh!!!!:weary: So there will be a second music video and probably be in broadcast of the last episode maybe.

And if anyone who is interested in getting a Season 3, there is a possibility to do so I guess. From this article (or from the broadcast in V live), it says that if we want a Season 3, we can at least leave a message (or two) in their message board. The more the better I guess.

I forgot how to leave a message there but I used to do it once. I will get back here on how to leave a message on the board next time.

And time really does fly... one week in and I hope the ranking in charts are still doing good. 2 more episodes left and there's goodbye UNNIES:sleepy:

Just be honest, how's the production of the song turns out? Are you guys satisfied? I know everyone has an opinion...:smile:I'm curious about the rest of you...

I just sign up as KBS member @tdjunlimited all we need is copy of national identification and wait for 1-7 day.It work.I just sign up for unnies comment to push for season 3.hehe

4 hours ago, tdjunlimited said:

iU04f8F.jpg

Hide contents

Google translation:

Noooooooo i wouldve loved to join that!!!

here's a video of their last performance at Konkuk (?) University...I wish someone would sub in english bec they talked a lot, sadly don't think it will happen but it looks lke a LOT of people turned up!. It really seemed like a full concert...I think they could actually pull off one since they have strong singers - JinYoung, Sook, Minzy, Somi and Yewon with the right song

and saw this video, and it's pretty touching, there's more than one actually though I havent watched the others...but I have noticed that Jin Young and CHae Young are very affectionate and supportive of each other, really heartwarming to see

I just saw the subbed ep 15 (there's only one more!! boohoo!) and it was great!

Highlights were:  when they each walked the press and fan gauntlet on their wa into KBS, they were all humble,nervous and very appreciative and surprised that they fans and that they even brought gifts. I remember Yewon saying she had no fans, JinKyung and Soo showing up in the simple casual lowkey atties. I loved that. The antithesis of idols! But bec of this, they are my idols LOL!

- when the coaches were watching them at final rehearsal and during the performance, you can see that they've really bonded with the Unnies and that they've grown to care for a lot for them.

-JinKyung drinking rice wine bec she couldn't sleep  LOL! and crying when she found out they hit #1

- The Lalala Song is really good.! Wish they showed us how they practiced it and recorded it.

-Their interaction with the fans after they recorded their first track was great. Kim Sook is really good at taking the lead and breaking the ice. Wonder what that guy is going to do with the earrings he got from Chae Young LOL!

-600 videos submitted for the MV! wow! and not just from korea and not just from koreans! Did you guys notice the three guys who were dancing like there was no tomorrow! LOL the  Right? choreography, aggressive version LOL

-the video messages to the unnies after their performance were very touching and interesting. Noted Minzy's mom saying that she hopes Minzy will keep in touch and keep the good friendships she gained through the show....It was Chae Young's manager who gave the idea of her joining Unnies and also rethought the idea of having her sing and dance. Shows how much trust they both have in each other.

-the MV with the fans dancing! Wow! had a smile on my face the entire time! Still would have loved an MV of just the footage they shot as directed (mostly ) by JinYoung at the beach and elsewhere during that trip. Really think with all that they shot, they could edit a funny, awesome and cool video. Just the footge of Jin Kyung walking by the sea with hot canadian guy and him carrying Yewon and spinning her around, plus JinYoung running hard after him and falling are too good to not put in a MV! LOL

-Really like that shot of them walking side by side as they leave the train station and they were all walking like they were on a runway =D

The official MV is cool too though it's sad they can't put all the footage they shot in the MV (obviously it would not fit) esp the classroom fight and Somi's dad puling th e coach's tie tight. Jin young's slap and fall to the ground and legs kicking were just too funny!  She's really something! LOL

Can't believe there's only one episode left!!! I will seriously miss this show esp since WGM also ended and those were the only ones I followed.

They really lucked out in the cast they put together, these women together have great chemistry ad each one brings something unique and special to the table. But the best thing is their respect, affection, support and sincerity to each other. No one felt the need to compete or try to show themselves off better or put anyone down even inadvertently. They tease each other and even when they mention another's fault/shortcoming/quirk, it is with affection and support.  and what's great is they can all take the teasing without getting offended or breaking down. They were honest to each other and to themselves. That authenticity and sincerity shone through, and their willingness to face their challenges head on was very inspiring. I think this attitude won over their coaches hearts which you can really see the difference in their last practice day before the MB show. They were closer to equals consulting and working with  each other instead of superiors/teachers and subordinates/students.

They've made the show so overwhelmingly positive (even their healthy (LOL) eating habits is so different from the idol group dieting that I really loved that they all failed to diet), inspiring and fun that I really really wish they would come back for another season. Maybe they can aim for a mini-concert this time or a musical play or something. Heck! I wouldn't mind if they just come up with new tracks.

I saw someone post on the site I watched the video that they were still #1 in one chart even after several days or a week even against Psy. I'm curious to know how many downloads or sales they make.

I ope they come back for season 3 with the same cast. Others have said maybe a few of season members come back too but I think this will change the dynamics and it might not have the same magic. It would be cool too if we see the Unnies collaborate on projects after the show ends.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's one thing I am more than thankful for is the efforts the production team behind the girls have put up. I mean seriously, I noticed so much great footage but we only watched a fraction of it or probably not even a half of it but perhaps even more little than what we have been viwing. I am sincerely applauding the production team, the PDs, the scriptwriters, the audio directors, etc. Everyone did their job almost to the T and that's what makes the show so successful in bringing in the laughter and sincerety of the girls. I wonder if it would be any less the same if it was a different production team. I am sure one would stood out more above the rest but the quality that this production team brings is over-out-there. That's why every single one of the girls stood out equally.

We actually didnt get to see more of their time together recording or practicing.

@cdcotr I hope for the same too that they will bring back this cast members. I don't mind about bringing back the previous season's members too as we already see how different S1 and S2 casts were. I guess you have not watch S1 yet @cdcotr :blush:? Nvr mind about that, but it may not have the same magic but I believe that it can bring a higher level of dynamics. (S1 members were tough but lovable and indirectly in-your-face funny like La Miran's personality [think of sook, but tougher] and the sometimes careless American-style Jessi or Min Hyorin's ahjumma attitude towards things). S2 girls are bubbly, lovely, adorable and funny. If they can combine both worlds, it would be the ultimate one-of-a-kind of a cast. And it seems that both cast members know each other pretty well (The last episode we see Yewon goes camping with Sook and Miran; Jinyoung asked for help from Jessi about the rap in their song; Min Hyorin left a video message and even sent flowers for the girls to congratulate them on their debut).

If the 3 past members comes back, they would be 10 of them, probably more the reason the show to have more episodes in the new season (i would doubt if the original idol member turned UNNIES member, Tiffany would returned tho. She was the one who decided to quit the show becoz of her own 'incident' so I don't think she'll be back).

Even tho the show is over, I still have the feels and loves for this show. And the cast members...... I strongly believe they would appear together again in the year-end KBS Entertainment Award or more importantly, the upcoming Coach Jinyoung's wedding(?).

So I urged everyone here to juz keep coming here, coz it's not really over. I'm sure the girls are still contacting each other behind the scenes now, we juz didnt know that hehehe:relaxed:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived