[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] General And I 孤芳不自赏

sugarplum892

The drama was amazing and the chemistry of the main couple was so special. I liked, but don't liked too much, the last scenes. I was waiting more and the last reunion of all of them, like in the novel but I'm OK. Well, I need to watch the last six episodes with English subtitles and later rewatch the drama because was a really good one. :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/10/2017 at 7:52 AM, penforella said:

Actually I enjoyed Singing All Along too. That is also a good husband and wife team

I was apprehensive about watching Singing All Along.  Based on your recommendations, I will give it a try.

Thank you.

Not in any particular order.  Though, the titles more towards the bottom include plot lines that may involve competing love interests or the existence of concubines.  It was a reality of the times and culture, and I think you miss out on some very good dramas if you completely ignore them because of this.

Lan Ling Wang (the original version with Ariel Lin)

General and I (my favorite couple)

Wrong Sedan Chair, Right Bride (name approximate) – This is an older drama I saw on youtube a long time ago.  Two young women from different backgrounds are both pushed into arranged marriages.  However, both their parties stop at a temple to rest and get mixed up.  It's a funny and light-hearted historical romantic comedy.

Cuo/Xi Dian Yuan Yang

Legend of Lu Zhen

Perfect Couple

Jade Palace Lock Heart

Sound of the Desert

Nirvana in Fire (one of the best Chinese historical dramas there is, but lacks romance)

Tang Gong Mei Ren Tian Xia

Singing All Along

Virtuous Queen of Han

Classic version of Princess Huan Zhu Ge Ge

Beauties of the Emperor

This is why I don't recommend or comment on other drama's much.  It is hard to for me to only pick a few and everyone has different taste.  I also can't remember everything that I have watched.  I also watch wuxia.

On 2/12/2017 at 3:12 AM, crispachu said:

I just started 10 miles of PT - getting sucked in. Maybe I'll see you guys on that thread :)

I do agreed but I jumped to ep the 20+ episodes to start where the novel start.. when susu already lost her eyes. That part held my attention when i first started reading the novel. Mark Chao is really doing a great job as yehua...

22 hours ago, ksthrnlghts said:

Not in any particular order.  Though, the titles more towards the bottom include plot lines that may involve competing love interests or the existence of concubines.  It was a reality of the times and culture, and I think you miss out on some very good dramas if you completely ignore them because of this.

Lan Ling Wang (the original version with Ariel Lin)

General and I (my favorite couple)

Wrong Sedan Chair, Right Bride (name approximate) – This is an older drama I saw on youtube a long time ago.  Two young women from different backgrounds are both pushed into arranged marriages.  However, both their parties stop at a temple to rest and get mixed up.  It's a funny and light-hearted historical romantic comedy.

Cuo/Xi Dian Yuan Yang

Legend of Lu Zhen

Perfect Couple

Jade Palace Lock Heart

Sound of the Desert

Nirvana in Fire (one of the best Chinese historical dramas there is, but lacks romance)

Tang Gong Mei Ren Tian Xia

Singing All Along

Virtuous Queen of Han

Classic version of Princess Huan Zhu Ge Ge

Beauties of the Emperor

This is why I don't recommend or comment on other drama's much.  It is hard to for me to only pick a few and everyone has different taste.  I also can't remember everything that I have watched.  I also watch wuxia.

Tonight I will watch episodes 60 and 61.  I loved this drama and it has become one of my favorite Chinese Historical dramas. Great cinematography, nice fighting scenes, fantastic costumes for both the women and men.  What can I say about the chemistry between the leads... awesome.  I loved the chemistry between the other love interests also.  Everyone did an exceptional job, the script writer, the production team, the directors, and the actors.  So far, this is one of my favorite Chinese Historical dramas after, Startling with Each Step.

I have a list of Chinese historical dramas that I would recommend also.  They are not any any order the the ones at the up of my list are the ones I liked the best.  

* Startling With Each Step (Bu, Bi, Jing Xin)

*General and I

*Sound of the Desert

*Nirvana in Fire

*Prince of Lan Ling

*The Empress of China

*Princess Wei Young

*Schemes of a Beauty

*Virtuous Queen of Han

*The Glamorous Imperial Concubines

*Female Prime Minister

*Imperial Doctoress

*Chronicles of Life

*The Emperor's Harem

*Mystery in the Palace

I am going to try to watch ...Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms after the General and I.  I hope that I am not disappointed.  The General and I is so good that it the drama that follows it has a lot to live up to. 

Hi :)

Just wanted to say i love this drama very much...started to watch only OTP scenes first 5 eps and ended up watching all 

I love Chung since To late to say i love you..and i think he's really great...OTP there had great chemistry...but this one here is even better...he's 15 years older right?...i didn't mind :wub:...their kiss scene after reunion after 3 years was perfect for me :wub:...and CBJ's hair style there i love the most :blush:

2 OSTs r great as well

9 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Tonight I will watch episodes 60 and 61.  I loved this drama and it has become one of my favorite Chinese Historical dramas. Great cinematography, nice fighting scenes, fantastic costumes for both the women and men.  What can I say about the chemistry between the leads... awesome.  I loved the chemistry between the other love interests also.  Everyone did an exceptional job, the script writer, the production team, the directors, and the actors.  So far, this is one of my favorite Chinese Historical dramas after, Startling with Each Step.

I have a list of Chinese historical dramas that I would recommend also.  They are not any any order the the ones at the up of my list are the ones I liked the best.  

* Startling With Each Step (Bu, Bi, Jing Xin)

*General and I

*Sound of the Desert

*Nirvana in Fire

*Prince of Lan Ling

*The Empress of China

*Princess Wei Young

*Schemes of a Beauty

*Virtuous Queen of Han

*The Glamorous Imperial Concubines

*Female Prime Minister

*Imperial Doctoress

*Chronicles of Life

*The Emperor's Harem

*Mystery in the Palace

I am going to try to watch ...Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms after the General and I.  I hope that I am not disappointed.  The General and I is so good that it the drama that follows it has a lot to live up to.   I wonder if the Emperor's Harm you mentioned above is the same as Beauties of the Emperor.

I forgot about the Empress of China.  The last time I looked for it translated, the links were broken. I am excited I found it working.  I'll have something to watch now, between TMPB episodes.

On 2/13/2017 at 8:22 AM, Carmarie said:

I was apprehensive about watching Singing All Along.  Based on your recommendations, I will give it a try.

Thank you.

It was decent. The first half was really good and the latter part was super frustrating. I won't spoil it for you though. The main couple had good chemistry and their love story was nice, and based on real historical figures too. 

3 hours ago, fluffychim1013 said:

I'm thinking of watching Wallace's drama called Best Time. Anyone seen it?

I;ve seen it Wallace was really good in there, you will fall in love with his character.  I like the lead actress but didn't really like the character she played, so frustrating to watch her.  But they have some really funny scene in there!! His bickering!!!! lol You will definitely root for him throughout the whole show! Oh and he looks so damn good in there too!!

8 hours ago, ksthrnlghts said:

I forgot about the Empress of China.  The last time I looked for it translated, the links were broken. I am excited I found it working.  I'll have something to watch now, between TMPB episodes.

Princess Jieyou

Legend of Ban Shu

Current airing Glory of Tang Dynasty and Qin empire.

Archived