Episodes: 21

Director: Zhou You

Broadcast Period: December 19, 2016

Cast:

Joe Chen Qiao En

Jin Dong

Zhao Da

Synopsis:

There is an old Chinese saying, "A human lights the candle and the ghosts blow it out." 
Hu Ba Yi is well versed in Feng Shui with specialization in tomb configuration, which he learned from an antique book he inherited from his family. The knowledge saved him when he fell into a ditch in a snow avalanche in Tibet. And again when he and his friends joined an archaeology team to explore the "ghost cave" located in Taklamakan Desert. As he helped the team navigate through the dangers, he couldn't help feeling that someone had predicted their every move and designed the traps and hidden passages accordingly.

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Candle in the Tomb 鬼吹灯 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Candle in the Tomb 鬼吹灯.Raw Episodes

Joe Chen Qiao En Official Soompi Thread

Jin Dong Official Soompi Thread

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 4:06 AM, cissmahs_3690 said:

This is a great show. Too bad it is only 12 episodes! But the budget must not allow for more episodes as the cinematography etc are movie quality. Excellent.

I believe it's 21!  Because 12 are out already, and the story is no way done. 

Also, everyone, here are all the recaps so far: http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Candle In The Tomb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, guys! I absolutely loved this dorama. This was something on a totally new level when it comes to Cdramas mainly due to the refreshing subject and its production quality! The cast, the plot and the overall execution was magnificent. It's a very long time since I was this impressed by drama. Just recently I found out that the plot is actually based on the Chinese novel. That could explain such attention to details and well-thought through plot twists.

I'm in love with this show! Joe Chen and Jin Dong made a great couple with a very subtle but tangible chemistry almost on the instinctual level. And the addition of Zhao Da's Wang Kaixuan completed their awesome team work. Candle is one of the few dramas where each character is on it's right place adding to each other and the plot without grading on the nervs of viewers at one point or another.

Everything about it is simply perfect! ^_^

Lol I can go on gushing about this wonderful story forever but... I have some question.

Can anyone tell me where i can find the OSTs for this drama? I''ve already downloaded the End Theme song but I can't find the song that plays in the last episode after the sandstorm. It was perfomed by the male singer.

If anyone could help me find it or at leat the name of the singer and it's title I would be very grateful.

Archived