Episodes: 16
Broadcast Period: December 6, 2016 - March 26, 2017

Cast:

Dino Lee - Jiang ZhiShu

Esther Wu - Xiang Qin

Xi Wei Lun

Gong Yi Teng

Synopsis:

After an earthquake destroyed Xiang Qin's house, she and her father moved in with the family of her father's college buddy, Uncle Ah Li. To her surprise, the kind and amicable aunt and uncle are the parents of her cold and distant schoolmate Jiang Zhi Shu, a genius with an IQ of 200 whom not too long ago rejected her endless crush on him. Will the close proximity give her a second chance to win Zhi Shu's heart? Or, will her love for him end under his cold words? What happens when there is competition for his heart?

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh dear! The pressure is on! The Joe&Ariel versions (both ISWAK1 and 2) were so impressive, it's gonna be super hard to beat. Joe & Ariel's acting resumes were already very well established when they made ISWAK. And their chemistry was (and still is) off the charts! 

I'll still give this new version a chance, it's the classic ISWAK afterall.... :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2016 at 0:03 AM, dekaron said:

ISWAK is like the Condor heroes of shoujo genre, remakes galore

Haha! It is, isn't it? There's even a Thai version that I have yet to see! 

I'm not getting any feel for the cast, although the guy that's going to play the Jiro Wang's character looks cute! Would watch out for this but just not sure how this is going to even come close to the Ariel Lin/Joe Cheng version which is, for me, the best in all versions of this series. 

• 1 month later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2016-2017] Miss In Kiss 恶作剧之吻
  • 2 months later...

Out of all the "Kiss" dramas, this was absolutely my least favorite--not even likable for me; they made the lead female extremely stupid and clumsy at an umpteenth level. The male lead wasn't handsome to me--his friend would have made a better lead or the actor who played Ah Ji, in my opinion. In this drama, it felt like they were acting the whole time--sometimes over the top. I can see why in the other dramas the lead male fell for the cute/clumsy female lead, but not in this drama. She was definitely a stalker at the highest degree. Yes, in all the Kiss dramas the female is a little stalkerish, but she's 10 times more based on how they wrote this remake. Too much stupidity. If I had to rank my favorite kiss dramas it would be:

1) It Started With a Kiss - Taiwanese, in this drama you knew he cared for her despite being mean. They also tell a complete story in this drama. There are so many wonderful memorable scenes. My favorite is when they were at tennis camp and, of course, when he proposed. I also love the second season. A reason why this couple is also my favorite is because they have GREAT chemistry and their acting is so natural together.

2) Playful Kiss - Korean, they are a little more "polished" in this drama. Although the male lead is cute, he wasn't the best actor in this drama (however, he has since become a very fine actor....his personal life is lacking a lot). I really liked the female lead in this drama. 

3)  Kiss Me - Thailand, I really liked this drama because they made it their own. There was also more "romance" between the leads which was a nice change of pace with interesting a memorable scenes.  Although different, you could still tell it was a "Mischievous Kiss" drama. A back hug? I loved it. To be honest, for me, it's almost tied with Playful Kiss.

4) Itazura na Kiss~Love in Tokyo - Japanese, I liked this drama because the characters reminded me of the anime. However, the thing that bothered me more was the lead female who was too animated at times. She was the only character that seems like a 'cartoon' character--didn't like her acting and facial exaggerations. However, in this drama, you could see he liked her.  He was always spying on her--no doubt he liked her.

5) Itazura na Kiss- Japanese (1996), it was cute for it's time. However, the girl's ears and loud, over the top voice seemed to stand out in every episode--it became irritating. She was also a little too pushy.  It was a very simple "Kiss" drama. I love the scene when they were waiting for the train to pass.

6) Miss in Kiss - Taiwanese, The thing about making remakes is it's supposed to be better than the first. I have to say this was the worse remake for me. The old drama (It Started With A Kiss) despite being almost 12 years older than this drama is still 10 times better. All the female leads in these dramas are clingy and stupid, this one is 20 times more stupid than all of them. The actress nor actor were the right choices in my opinion. There is not one memorable scene in this drama. Heck, Ah Jin would have even been a better choice for the lead.

I always pity the "Ah Ji" character in all the Kiss dramas, but in this one he was way too good to be stuck with this girl. I also felt in this drama that the male lead cared too much for the girl who was being stalked. I guess more than anything, I didn't like the plot. This drama could have wrapped up in 16 episodes.

• 1 month later...

Archived