❤NCT/WayV (엔시티/威神V) Official Thread❤ / TEN 'TEN' The 1st Mini Album / TAEYONG 'TAP' The 2nd Mini Album OUT NOW!

kimlees

1 hour ago, ndrhn95 said:

I remember that someone posted an archived thread in NCT thread about this ex-SM trainee talking about SM new boy group concept. The way he/she described it, it's definitely about NCT concept. If I'm not mistaken, he/she is a Vietnamese or American-Vietnamese. I think they do have SEA trainees but we don't know how many of them. Same goes to Japanese trainees. The only Japanese trainee we know for now is Hina but she's half-Japanese half-Korean.

Well SM did hold global auditions at SEA countries plenty of times so I guess they definitely have some SEA trainees in store.

1 hour ago, itslyka said:

Hi, dont know if any of you remember me. I'm Lyka! I dont post much in main thread but i miss you all (TT)

btw Dotae still fcked me up till today (TT)(TT)(TT)

Hi I remember you! It's nice to see you here :) Welcome~

1 hour ago, gandarapark said:

I can't speak for other SEA countries but I just can't imagine something like this being well received or even receiving that much attention in the Philippines.

Mainstream music here is basically brimmed with western (mostly American) acts (even more than local acts tbh because we're such suckers for America) and then there's the K-pop acts sticking out from the slew of western acts. Sure we love our English songs but one reason K-pop remains a successful niche in the Philippines is for a very specific reason and that is because it is sung in Korean (among other things, of course, but that is pretty much the main catch). Basically, if they start singing in English, they would then have to compete with these American acts which means they're probably gonna be slept on for the most part here. Worst case scenario is they could receive flack for "copying" American acts (the same way other acts get flack for "copying" Korean acts.) And unless the members can all (at least) sing perfectly in English, I could imagine people here picking on their accents and mispronunciations. :( Not to mention certain concepts, gimmicks, and antics only generally accepted here within the confines of K-pop.

I just can't imagine Korean acts (or in this case Korean produced acts?) succeeding in the Philippines without singing in Korean. 127 and Dream has a much higher chance of competing in the market here than an English-singing SEA unit tbh.

BUT I could be wrong though. Gawd I hope I'm wrong~

Reveal hidden contents

Disclaimer: These are just my own personal opinion on the matter and should not be regarded as factual and accurate representation of the Philippine music industry and society as they may not reflect reality as it is or as it will be. LOL.

Thus I think it's pretty essential to insert some members who are already popular beforehand in this unit, so that they would have at least a niche following them, and that niche will help to spread the awareness in these countries. Also they can get hooked from the Korean releases of certain members before if that's the case, thus I think them getting hooked only to Korean speaking things is not really a problem, instead I foresee it as them getting excited over it instead, since the idols whom they fangirl over who sang in Korean back then, now are singing in their own language/English.

For the example, based on my theory, those whom I speculate to be included in SEA unit so far are:

Jaehyun - Mark - Ten - Johnny - Xuxi - ? - ?

The first four guys are obviously popular and have a quite number of fans following, and since Xuxi is most probably gonna debut in Chinese unit first, he would also have a number of fans following too by then. The essence is debuting the unit including mostly known members, while inserting some unknown members with them. Pretty much just like Dream. Or, it's even possible for SEA unit to be consisted of all known members who have debuted before SEA unit's debut.

Though since Mark is already included in two units (I don't include U since it's rotational), the possibility of him being included might be changed with another English speaking member. For the example, the speculated English speaker Kun. Some parts of SEA countries speak Mandarin too and have a big number of Chinese people/descendants in it, so I imagine Mandarin might be pretty handy too.

18 minutes ago, ndrhn95 said:

Maybe they will release the teaser on 15th. After EXO drops their album. Hopefully.

They already shot that MBC show. Makes me wonder if they are going to shoot other show before comeback. Like Weekly Idol for example?

Weekly Idol is usually shot after the artist debuted, so I doubt it lol

I'm just thinking when will they release the NCT Life of Disneyland if that rumor was true. I think it takes a few weeks-1 month to release it after they shoot it, according to past seasons.

11 minutes ago, riribl said:

Well SM did hold global auditions at SEA countries plenty of times so I guess they definitely have some SEA trainees in store.

Hi I remember you! It's nice to see you here :) Welcome~

Thus I think it's pretty essential to insert some members who are already popular beforehand in this unit, so that they would have at least a niche following them, and that niche will help to spread the awareness in these countries. Also they can get hooked from the Korean releases of certain members before if that's the case, thus I think them getting hooked only to Korean speaking things is not really a problem, instead I foresee it as them getting excited over it instead, since the idols whom they fangirl over who sang in Korean back then, now are singing in their own language/English.

For the example, based on my theory, those whom I speculate to be included in SEA unit so far are:

Jaehyun - Mark - Ten - Johnny - Xuxi - ? - ?

The first four guys are obviously popular and have a quite number of fans following, and since Xuxi is most probably gonna debut in Chinese unit first, he would also have a number of fans following too by then. The essence is debuting the unit including mostly known members, while inserting some unknown members with them. Pretty much just like Dream. Or, it's even possible for SEA unit to be consisted of all known members who have debuted before SEA unit's debut.

Though since Mark is already included in two units (I don't include U since it's rotational), the possibility of him being included might be changed with another English speaking member. For the example, the speculated English speaker Kun. Some parts of SEA countries speak Mandarin too and have a big number of Chinese people/descendants in it, so I imagine Mandarin might be pretty handy too.

I think the SEA unit will be focused on Taiwan, Singapore, and HK market anyway. And maybe even Thailand? 

Malaysia, Indonesia, and especially Philippines seem kind of a stretch for now.

13 minutes ago, ndrhn95 said:

Maybe they will release the teaser on 15th. After EXO drops their album. Hopefully.

They already shot that MBC show. Makes me wonder if they are going to shoot other show before comeback. Like Weekly Idol for example?

I almost forgot about the MBC thing. It still remains a mystery. I hope it doesn't get stashed~

I hope they get another shot at Weekly Idol, too~

Also, kill me but I would like to see one of them in WGM someday LOL. Fite me~

23 minutes ago, gandarapark said:

I think the SEA unit will be focused on Taiwan, Singapore, and HK market anyway. And maybe even Thailand? 

Malaysia, Indonesia, and especially Philippines seem kind of a stretch for now.

Taiwan and HK aren't even SEA countries, also there will be multiple Chinese units, thus I think HK and Taiwan will surely be included in Chinese unit territory especially when both speak Mandarin, + Cantonese/English for HK. Thailand is a definite destination. I don't think it'll be focused on Singapore only since the audience there is pretty small after all.

Yuta looks so stunning here

53 minutes ago, riribl said:

Taiwan and HK aren't even SEA countries, also there will be multiple Chinese units, thus I think HK and Taiwan will surely be included in Chinese unit territory especially when both speak Mandarin, + Cantonese/English for HK. Thailand is a definite destination. I don't think it'll be focused on Singapore only since the audience there is pretty small after all.

Woops, sorry! I had a different map on my mind. I was reading up something on Austronesian origins that's why it got me confused. LOL.

2 hours ago, riribl said:

Weekly Idol is usually shot after the artist debuted, so I doubt it lol

I'm just thinking when will they release the NCT Life of Disneyland if that rumor was true. I think it takes a few weeks-1 month to release it after they shoot it, according to past seasons.

Really? Because I remember reading somewhere that RV shot Weekly Idol before they comeback with the rumour that one of them have gray hair (Irene). Also during OOTN era, Weekly Idol aired RV episode when SM postponed their MV. I think this only apply to certain artist.

I want all of them (OT14+) in Weekly Idol but the screentime is going to be a mess. I remember when EXO was guest for the first time, Luhan had zero screentime to the point they have to prepare a special camera just for him when they came again. I don't watch Weekly Idol but I only watch the Random Play Dance segment and 2x Faster Dance segment. A bit disappointed that they did random play dance using their sunbae songs but I can understand why. This time, I want them to do it with their own song. Maybe the staff can troll them by playing The 7th Sense, Without You, and Chewing Gum. lmao Good luck, Mark! You're fully capable after all.

I did some 'research' about NCT Life but I could be wrong.

NCT Life in Bangkok
Aired: April 16 - May 1
Unit promoted that time: NCT U

NCT Life in Seoul
Aired: May 21 - June 5
Unit promoted that time: -

NCT Life Team Building Activities
Aired: July 16 (aBOUT NCT 127) - August 20
Unit promoted that time: NCT 127

NCT Life: Korean Cuisine Challenges
Aired: October 23 - November 26

NCT Life in Disneyland?
Aired: ?? - ??
Unit promoted that time: NCT 127?

I need to put the day they were spotted shooting but I don't remember. Anyone know? I heard that 127 shot around 1st June. I forgot when the season 4 members spotted.

27 minutes ago, ndrhn95 said:

Really? Because I remember reading somewhere that RV shot Weekly Idol before they comeback with the rumour that one of them have gray hair (Irene). Also during OOTN era, Weekly Idol aired RV episode when SM postponed their MV. I think this only apply to certain artist.

I want all of them (OT14+) in Weekly Idol but the screentime is going to be a mess. I remember when EXO was guest for the first time, Luhan had zero screentime to the point they have to prepare a special camera just for him when they came again. I don't watch Weekly Idol but I only watch the Random Play Dance segment and 2x Faster Dance segment. A bit disappointed that they did random play dance using their sunbae songs but I can understand why. This time, I want them to do it with their own song. Maybe the staff can troll them by playing The 7th Sense, Without You, and Chewing Gum. lmao Good luck, Mark! You're fully capable after all.

I did some 'research' about NCT Life but I could be wrong.

Reveal hidden contents

NCT Life in Bangkok
Aired: April 16 - May 1
Unit promoted that time: NCT U

NCT Life in Seoul
Aired: May 21 - June 5

NCT Life Team Building Activities
Aired: July 16 (aBOUT NCT 127) - August 20
Unit promoted that time: NCT 127

NCT Life: Korean Cuisine Challenges
Aired: October 23 - November 26

NCT Life in Disneyland?
Aired: ?? - ??
Unit promoted that time: NCT 127?

I need to put the day they were spotted shooting but I don't remember. Anyone know? I heard that 127 shot around 1st June. I forgot when the season 4 members spotted.

Then Idk about that since afaik they usually shoot it after comebacks. Maybe it only happens when the comeback got pushed suddenly, or tight schedule.

I doubt all of OT14 will come unless they promote as OT14 at once, or it's a special episode of NCT, which this chance usually doesn't come often since they're rookies unless SM has bargained with them real good. The promoting unit is prolly the only one who will shoot it. Yep it's better screentime wise when less people are coming too.

As I remember NCT Life Paju was shot on July 1st or somewhere around end of June, since there's a pic of them coming out of SM building wearing the same clothes going to somewhere. NCT Life King of Cooking was shot around the end of September.

38 minutes ago, riribl said:

Mark with his friends in a practise studio room. It's supposed to be at SOPA

LOL what was his friend doing? And Mark's skin is so white

This is cute

I've seen some people 'praising' SM for following the curfew. Wait! Other company didn't follow? Or is it because NCT have too many minors?

2 hours ago, ndrhn95 said:

LOL what was his friend doing? And Mark's skin is so white

This is cute

I've seen some people 'praising' SM for following the curfew. Wait! Other company didn't follow? Or is it because NCT have too many minors?

I think that was their practice time at their school SOPA. Or perhaps they're practising for some school projects or something. She was dancing randomly? Haha.

I saw IOI's Yoojung passing by on that video and she seemed to bid goodbye there too. So it seems like other companies follow it too.

A good shot of Taeil

CzE5mhvUUAEgfji.jpg

Cute! When the maknae becomes the hyung kinda :P:D

CzEi030VIAE_2FQ.jpg

CzEi031VIAEA2QV.jpg

CzFHPHzVEAE81HA.jpg

Like they exchange mental age  and action..lol :P:D;)

think renjun who be parent to winwin and chenle hejeje  ( cr:elseditaa)

Renjun looks like the hyung more than winwin in term of mental lol (cr:baekachu)

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, jongski said:

Cute! When the maknae becomes the hyung kinda :P:D

Spoiler

CzEi030VIAE_2FQ.jpg

CzEi031VIAEA2QV.jpg

CzFHPHzVEAE81HA.jpg

Like they exchange mental age  and action..lol :P:D;)

think renjun who be parent to winwin and chenle hejeje  ( cr:elseditaa)

Renjun looks like the hyung more than winwin in term of mental lol (cr:baekachu)

Hide contents

I definitely agree to this. RenJun acts more mature despite his cute appearance and WinWin acts more kiddish. If only they exchanged their souls maybe RenJun would act cuter just like his appearance and WinWin would act more mature :lol:

it took a while to find ya, guys (bless riribl). I better start using twitter.

so many things happened and I missed everything about OH because we had so much to discuss, I'm happy to have pages to backtrack now lmao. I want to say how happy I was for the boys when they won, it was all too emotional and pure and Black on Black and Taeyong's tears and that DOTAE hug y'all! their friendship is just asdfsdg 

I also think we're going to get a January comeback/debut, it's no point in waiting for a decemeber one anymore. 

I'll come back later, once I backtrack everything. (I noticed there are some rumours I didn't even know about) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snggyu said:

it took a while to find ya, guys (bless riribl). I better start using twitter.

so many things happened and I missed everything about OH because we had so much to discuss, I'm happy to have pages to backtrack now lmao. I want to say how happy I was for the boys when they won, it was all too emotional and pure and Black on Black and Taeyong's tears and that DOTAE hug y'all! their friendship is just asdfsdg 

I also think we're going to get a January comeback/debut, it's no point in waiting for a decemeber one anymore. 

I'll come back later, once I backtrack everything. (I noticed there are some rumours I didn't even know about) 

Snggyu!!!! It's nocturne lol I actually found you while I was lurking the pits of akp hell (I was that bored) and left you message there and got the heck out of there but I'm glad you found riribl on twitter like the rest of us. I miss OH as well it's a mess but the NCT threads were great ;__; (twitter is nice for the pics but its kind of lonely and theres a lack of discussion) and I hope some of the users that are missing now will find their way here through twitter. Mamas was so good ugh I still retweet pics and stuff from it it was amazing and the quality of their songs is going up lately with black on black and good thing so that's a good sign that their comeback will be good. I also think their comeback is coming in January some are saying it's because of big groups coming back but I'm kind of glad sm is taking their time with this and not rushing/squeezing it in the last minute.We won't get bored tho because they have more awards to attend, gayos, Taeil/Doyoung on station.

But look out for 2017 which will be the year of NCT

Edit: Mess I just remember the time OH was down while the NCT127 album dropped OH is always down during important moments.