❤NCT/WayV (엔시티/威神V) Official Thread❤ / TEN 'TEN' The 1st Mini Album / TAEYONG 'TAP' The 2nd Mini Album OUT NOW!

kimlees

11 minutes ago, riribl said:

Lmao for real though :lol: Is his stylist a fan of NCT? Lmao. Or I wonder if PBG knows any of the NCT boys.

Suuuuper pretty omg

I think he does pay attention to idols and since he's a fan of RV maybe he does know NCT lol

Those Mark jokes seem to be really well received on Twitter, they literally get a ton of retweets lmao people really do enjoy them !!

When i saw that Ten edit on Twitter i was like who's this pretty girl until i saw the tags....lol

1 hour ago, riribl said:

So it has an MV too, and the spoiler was showed yesterday already.

No wonder they didn't join the Good Thing MV. Can't wait!

They're apart of station ahhhh with other sm artists for Dec. 30 as the last sm station for reference everyone here's the tweet

I can't wait for them to showcase their vocal prowess :wub:

Rumors of Gayo Daejun are popping up recently I think all the units will go to at least one of them or probably special stages in all of them idk why it's hard to allocate performance time for three units but I guess that will eat up all the time for other artists...

I hope Jaemin gets better in time for Gayos tho. 

This is interesting.

Though NCT Chinese unit having full Chinese members isn't really a rumor but it's released through an official news article. But if they do go with several nationalities, I guess there's still a possibility of Johnny joining it. Maybe Ten can be inserted too, though it'd be a waste of his HTS hype. But since Ten would be inserted in SEA unit later in 2017, I think it's better to not have Ten in the first Chinese unit since the schedule would be conflicting. It's better to put Ten in any other rotational units before his debut in SEA unit.

Btw what do y'all think about this?

Imo it does hold some truth in it. Perhaps cuz Ten is one of those popular members out of NCT and NCT still doesn't have any other releases featuring him so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, riribl said:

This is interesting.

Though NCT Chinese unit having full Chinese members isn't really a rumor but it's released through an official news article. But if they do go with several nationalities, I guess there's still a possibility of Johnny joining it. Maybe Ten can be inserted too, though it'd be a waste of his HTS hype. But since Ten would be inserted in SEA unit later in 2017, I think it's better to not have Ten in the first Chinese unit since the schedule would be conflicting. It's better to put Ten in any other rotational units before his debut in SEA unit.

I still can't picture how'd they execute the SEA unit though. Would they sing in Thai? Viet? Bahasa? English??? Where and how would they promote? I mean, it's not like SEA is a culturally homogeneous region. Or are they going te be called the SEA unit cos they're gonna be composed of only SEA members? If they sing in SEA languages, would that still be considered K-pop? Give me some ideas. I just can't wrap my head around it. LOL.

20 minutes ago, gandarapark said:

I still can't picture how'd they execute the SEA unit though. Would they sing in Thai? Viet? Bahasa? English??? Where and how would they promote? I mean, it's not like SEA is a culturally homogeneous region. Or are they going te be called the SEA unit cos they're gonna be composed of only SEA members? If they sing in SEA languages, would that still be considered K-pop? Give me some ideas. I just can't wrap my head around it. LOL.

Not Kpop anymore, just music I guess....

13 minutes ago, gandarapark said:

I speculate they will sing most of their songs in English since most of SEA countries especially where Kpop is popular at are familiar with English the most and some countries like Singapore, Phillipines, and Malay have English as their spoken language. Thus it leads me to think that maybe the English speakers out of NCT are most probably gonna be the ones who will be sent here + Ten + Xuxi since he speaks both Thai and English. Maybe they will release some songs in each countries language, but still keeps English as the main. As promotion wise, they will probably use Thailand as their main base, but are still getting around SEA countries where Kpop is popular often, like Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Phillipines, Vietnam.

Idk maybe they do have some SEA trainees and they'll be inserted in the SEA unit when the time comes. Who knows.

The one who will promote Kpop globally is technically Korean fixed units based on SM's statement, meanwhile the localized units like Chinese units, SEA unit, Japanese unit, etc will release things that suit to respective countries taste, so it's hard to say it's Kpop anymore. More like Korean groups raking money in other countries by singing in their language using their title as a SM's released Korean group.

1 hour ago, riribl said:

Imo it does hold some truth in it. Perhaps cuz Ten is one of those popular members out of NCT and NCT still doesn't have any other releases featuring him so far.

Yes it's the truth lol Ten is a stan attractor and he gained more fans during HTS so it makes sense why people complain about NCT U since that's the only unit he's in.

36 minutes ago, riribl said:

I speculate they will sing most of their songs in English since most of SEA countries especially where Kpop is popular at are familiar with English the most and some countries like Singapore, Phillipines, and Malay have English as their spoken language. Thus it leads me to think that maybe the English speakers out of NCT are most probably gonna be the ones who will be sent here + Ten + Xuxi since he speaks both Thai and English. Maybe they will release some songs in each countries language, but still keeps English as the main. As promotion wise, they will probably use Thailand as their main base, but are still getting around SEA countries where Kpop is popular often, like Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Phillipines, Vietnam.

Idk maybe they do have some SEA trainees and they'll be inserted in the SEA unit when the time comes. Who knows.

The one who will promote Kpop globally is technically Korean fixed units based on SM's statement, meanwhile the localized units like Chinese units, SEA unit, Japanese unit, etc will release things that suit to respective countries taste, so it's hard to say it's Kpop anymore. More like Korean groups raking money in other countries by singing in their language using their title as a SM's released Korean group.

This part is the truth they'll cater to the local markets but will still use the Korean group influence to gain an audience. 

1 hour ago, riribl said:

Btw what do y'all think about this?

Well, since NCT U is the first unit, people got attached to them more than the other 2, I think. From what I see, they are fans favorite because their concept and song appeals to them more. But tbh, even if Ten is in NCT 127 instead of Johnny, the complaints are still there for JohnSolKun. Although I'm happy for Johnny, I still need to see how it works.

tbh, I've always thought that all units are rotational. There's no fixed unit at all. Suddenly, they said that 127 is fixed and I was so surprised but I'm not surprised that U is rotational. Some said that U is alpha group or whatever it is and the members from U will be in other unit as a representative or something like that. And I was like that's not fair for Yuta and Winwin or Kun because there's no Japanese and Chinese representative in U. Although we speculated that Doyoung will be in Chinese unit and Taeyong possibly in Japan unit, I rather want a Japanese and Chinese as the representative.

Honestly, I don't know anymore. Let's just wait and see and enjoy what they will give us.

18 minutes ago, riribl said:

I remember that someone posted an archived thread in NCT thread about this ex-SM trainee talking about SM new boy group concept. The way he/she described it, it's definitely about NCT concept. If I'm not mistaken, he/she is a Vietnamese or American-Vietnamese. I think they do have SEA trainees but we don't know how many of them. Same goes to Japanese trainees. The only Japanese trainee we know for now is Hina but she's half-Japanese half-Korean.

1 hour ago, riribl said:

I can't speak for other SEA countries but I just can't imagine something like this being well received or even receiving that much attention in the Philippines.

Mainstream music here is basically brimmed with western (mostly American) acts (even more than local acts tbh because we're such suckers for America) and then there's the K-pop acts sticking out from the slew of western acts. Sure we love our English songs but one reason K-pop remains a successful niche in the Philippines is for a very specific reason and that is because it is sung in Korean (among other things, of course, but that is pretty much the main catch). Basically, if they start singing in English, they would then have to compete with these American acts which means they're probably gonna be slept on for the most part here. Worst case scenario is they could receive flack for "copying" American acts (the same way other acts get flack for "copying" Korean acts.) And unless the members can all (at least) sing perfectly in English, I could imagine people here picking on their accents and mispronunciations. :( Not to mention certain concepts, gimmicks, and antics only generally accepted here within the confines of K-pop.

I just can't imagine Korean acts (or in this case Korean produced acts?) succeeding in the Philippines without singing in Korean. 127 and Dream has a much higher chance of competing in the market here than an English-singing SEA unit tbh.

BUT I could be wrong though. Gawd I hope I'm wrong~

Spoiler

Disclaimer: These are just my own personal opinion on the matter and should not be regarded as factual and accurate representation of the Philippine music industry and society as they may not reflect reality as it is or as it will be. LOL.