[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

@lclarakl thankyou that you found my review helpful for Save The Family. But to bad that you had to watch it to experience it as well. As for my reference in regards to You Are The Only One I am sorry that you are finding it more frustrating than Save The Family. Either I may have confused my dramas or I liked it more than you. It might be the later since I don't recall the male lead as completely blind to his friends actions (2nd female lead). He was always suspicious of foul play on her end from what I recall but he never had enough proof to back it up. Not that he didn't try. For instance I remember that the second lead tried to get him to sign up with one of their fruit vendors but he chose the female leads dads shop by chance. When the 2nd lead finds out she tried to sabotage the deal by purchasing from the dads vendor all his goods forcing the dad to look for a new one. The male lead seems to recognize the flavour from the 2nd female leads new vendor but still chose the dads as it seemed fresher. I guess that was a blessing in disguise for the leads dad. Then when this plan failed she tries to make it seem like the dad sold damaged goods but the male lead didn't seem to fall for this ploy as well and tried to prove that the goods got damaged either along the way or by the delivery guy. Infact he even tried to catch the event by the companies CCTV but couldn't do so since the files had been deleted conveniently. The second lead even tried to purchase a plot of land the father had tried to purchase to grow strawberries and when she managed to do so the male lead tried to figure out who it was. Can't recall if he did or not but like I said he did try to find stuff out and more importantly than that I remember how many people have liked to comment on how the leads should simply leave their family and move out since the family isn't supporting their love interests and all and the leads rarely do that. Well in this case the male lead actually ends up doing that another plus point in his favour. The ending might not be satisfactory come to think of it but it was still better than some of the endings that I have watched recently. It is possible that I liked this show better than a few other dailies because the ones that followed weren't all that good. Such as Save The Family followed this drama, which was then followed by another drama which I can't seem to recall but must have been just as bad and then it was followed by Sweet Home Sweet Honey which was relatively better. Apparently KBS World seems to be going down in its standard in my opinion.

Anyway once again sorry for recommending a frustrating drama to you. I guess I need to either try and watch some other shows to add to my recommend list and perhaps find a way to watch other stations dailies to get some more options. Like I said I only get KBS World over here so my options are a bit limited. :( Perhaps my next suggestion will be better. One can only hope.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@yamiyugi, Thank you for recommending the drama. To be honest, I don't think there will ever be a daily drama that is not going to be frustrating at some point. Over all, I will say that it held my attention. I'm very thankful for you recommending the drama for me to watch. I will say that both dramas were a lot better than Unusual Family....lol!! Please know that I don't regret watching it. If you think of or come across another drama that you like, please let me know.

Archived