[Current 2016 Drama] My Amazing Boyfriend (我的奇妙男友)

tompark

On 5/16/2016 at 4:15 PM, nammminn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

so i saw the whole show...thanks to drama fever.....the ending is so confusing.....like will they ever see each other again....and she's immortal and he can still feel her from far away....i hope they would have e a big kissing scene in the end i guess after the bed scene no more :( and the imaginary kiss too

i also made gifs :) you can use if you want just credit :)http://nammminn.tumblr.com/tagged/my-wonderful-boyfriend

@nammminn love these gifs! They actually highlight their chemistry (as well as some darn good kissing - a rarity in asian dramas LOL!). It also showed how well KTH did in showing emotion through his eyes, esp the gentler emotions - tenderness, love. A surprise since this is his first acting job. He had more difficulty with the more intense emotions such as anger, anxiety, fear.

Really liked how he plays with her hair in a lot of their scenes esp in that last pair of gifs. And the way he looks at her esp when she's not lookg back. There was one scene (which you have added too) when he came back after their split (bec she mistakenly sent the text msg) and she was kinda mean and snarky to him and he had this hurt look in his eyes. very subtle but  powerful

I wondered what he looked like if he had a full smile and saw this on yt, cute!

https://youtu.be/gbTu1n2908g

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cdcotr said:

some darn good kissing - a rarity in asian dramas LOL!

Some "darn good kissing scene" is not rare anymore in asian dramas actually. But, their kissing scenes especially in ep 20 was indeed so good so hot. Lol. When I watched this drama I didn't expect it has that-good kiss scenes or even many kiss scenes because I heard mainland c-drama tend to tune down that kind of scene and it's proved with "love waves through a millenium". So I was pleasantly surprised everytime they kissed! XD. Their chemistry is fab that I had thought to ship them irl but I held it back. Kkkk

Btw, I think Wu Qian looks like Goo Hara and 2NE1's Dara. Beautiful, cute, and innocent look. I watched her in luhan mv, I also saw a pic of her with xu ke, and it's legit that she's shippable, she looked good with anyone (handsome) she worked with! XD

3 hours ago, cdcotr said:

how well KTH did in showing emotion through his eyes, esp the gentler emotions - tenderness, love. He had more difficulty with the more intense emotions such as anger, anxiety, fear.

Really liked how he plays with her hair in a lot of their scenes esp in that last pair of gifs. And the way he looks at her esp when she's not lookg back. There was one scene (which you have added too) when he came back after their split (bec she mistakenly sent the text msg) and she was kinda mean and snarky to him and he had this hurt look in his eyes. very subtle but  powerful

I wondered what he looked like if he had a full smile and saw this on yt, cute!

I cannot agree more! :D

Really like the way he played with her hair! :wub:

And yeah his hurt look in that scene impressed me as it made me felt his hurt feeling too. Like you said, it was subtle but powerful. In conclusion he did pretty well for his acting debut and I'm looking forward his next appearence in a drama/movie before MABF season 2. Yeah he is so cute :wub: and I wish someday he'll be invited to a variety show~

@cdcotr @OO1230  agreed on their ep20 kissing scene. had the right amount of desire and romance - perfect! Also agreed that KTH can do hurt and sad pretty well but still need to improve on his angry scenes. The part where he pushed the car into its parking spot after their first cold war (when she got annoyed with him for not telling her that he was the one putting the video of himself on the internet to lure the bad guy) was quite funny - he was obviously confused with his feelings and he was angry and used force elsewhere!   If you guys are on FB, check out the My Amazing Boyfriend Fan Club FB page - lots of photos of the entire cast. :)

Finshed this drama last week. Really cant wait for the 2nd season. The female lead is sooo funky adorable and really2 opposite of her forever serious superhuman boyfriend but that is what makes them so right for each other. 

Okay. 

I finished the drama within 3 days. Loved it so much that I even bought Prem from DramaFever because I couldn't stand waiting for all to come out.

BUT ANYHOW, I even bought the novels from Taobao. And read the original story in Chinese already xD 

Let me know if y'all have any questions or need clarifications!

But YES there will be a sequel, the official My Amazing Boyfriend weibo has hinted that, so did the author :P It should be out by 2017! As for the plot for season 2, I would think it'd be a new plot because the ending of the story is exactly like the drama EXCEPT the novel has an excerpt (which didn't contribute much tbqh). 

@sshu1yah OMG you're so lucky to have read the novel!!! I was dying to be able to buy and read it! ㅜㅜ

But, yeey! Finally someone here reveal to have read it! :D

I wanna know if there's some things that was written in the novel but they didn't film it for the drama?

And you said that the novel has an exerpt. What exerpt?

I just read another blogger's comments (who also read the book) and she confirms that TJZ is indeed preggers. :) My question - when did they have sex? My guess is that night in the woods after she found out there was another way of healing someone besides kissing. I hope the book mentioned it - not immaculate conception I would think!!!! 

19 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

I just read another blogger's comments (who also read the book) and she confirms that TJZ is indeed preggers. :) My question - when did they have sex? My guess is that night in the woods after she found out there was another way of healing someone besides kissing. I hope the book mentioned it - not immaculate conception I would think!!!! 

I think it was that night at her parent's house...she was wearing different clothes that morning from the one she wore to bed...I think I asked this before bec it was confusing the way they edited it but if nothing happened that night, why was her reaction so extreme abt being sorry she "betrayed" his trust? LOL It would be nice if someone can clarify...

Hmm wonder how it affects her - is it going to be temporary (her self-healing abilities) or is it permanent? It was never really made clear what made him change into what he is now, was it the medicine the doctor gave him or was it the inmjury and near-death state  that activated his repair hormones (was it hormones or something else I can't remember that BF#6 mentioned?) that made him mutate? 

21 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

I think it was that night at her parent's house...she was wearing different clothes that morning from the one she wore to bed...I think I asked this before bec it was confusing the way they edited it but if nothing happened that night, why was her reaction so extreme abt being sorry she "betrayed" his trust? LOL It would be nice if someone can clarify...

Yeah, I'm also confused about that.. and I think their reactions were a bit weird imo. I just don't think that was how they supposed to react if smtg did happened that night.. she seemed not shy and she was just afraid.. idk.. haha

29 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

Hmm wonder how it affects her - is it going to be temporary (her self-healing abilities) or is it permanent?

I think it would be temporary until their baby's born. But I guess one of the problems they will face is her difficulty of giving birth as the fast self-healing ability might cause the baby hard to be taken out of her womb. Btw it reminds me of twilight saga, how edward directly helped bella gave birth to renesme! >.<

Hellllloo everyone!

I have been meaning to post about this drama for quite some time :)

First off, I thoroughly enjoyed this drama oh so very much. I thought the leads had a captivating chemistry given the obstacle of delivering lines to each other in two different languages. To be able to react/act the way they do towards each other and not understanding a word is impressive to me. Yes, I know there is a script and they know what each other are saying but still, pretty awesome! I agree that KTH's acting can use some improvement but also concur that for his debut, he did an amazing job. The fact that he's so easy on the eyes helps too hehehe WQ is very cute and she was great in this drama. I saw some BTS on IG and off screen they seemed to get along well and they looked like they had fun. I hope they continue to be good friends/colleagues so the chemistry onscreen for season 2 will be even better. 

Now regarding when she got pregnant. I also think it was the night at her parent's house. All that touching she did must have awoken his 500 year old dormant hormones. Also, the next morning, their clothes changed. He was wearing sweatpants the night before but he woke up in what I think is implied as boxers. So, I think that night they did the deed. 

Also, he changed her clothes after the rain in the mountains. He's supposedly very conservative and gentlemanly. He wouldn't have changed her if he didn't feel comfortable undressing her which means he's seen her in a state of undress before. The only thing I didn't understand about that scene at the resort was why she couldn't remember the events after they hugged in the cave. Did she get temporary amnesis lol Like how could she not remember anything from the hug in the cave to when she woke up and saw the beautiful scenery. But you know what, whatevs. Dramaland logic. 

I am so excited for Season 2. Their love story was such a gem to watch. They sacrificed for each other and she loved him just as much as he loved her. I enjoyed it so much :)

Initially I thought it was the night at her parents' house but the reaction next morning didn't seem to gel. Seems to be more like a major make out session which is why I think they did it in his cabin in the woods! :) 

Btw, this is the link to the blog - she also translated excerpts from the book if anyone is interested. 

https://cyn-lynn.blogspot.com/2016/05/my-amazing-boyfriend-ending-novel.html?m=1

And it seems like KTH confirmed that there is a s2 and his baby has superpowers! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/05/2016 at 4:12 PM, OO1230 said:

Yeah, I'm also confused about that.. and I think their reactions were a bit weird imo. I just don't think that was how they supposed to react if smtg did happened that night.. she seemed not shy and she was just afraid.. idk.. haha

I think it would be temporary until their baby's born. But I guess one of the problems they will face is her difficulty of giving birth as the fast self-healing ability might cause the baby hard to be taken out of her womb. Btw it reminds me of twilight saga, how edward directly helped bella gave birth to renesme! >.<

she was afraid bacause she take advantage of him and leads for 'it' to happen, maybe? i laugh when she said.. "i will take responsibility"..lolz

maybe she need to give birth in a very cold room.. to prevent self-healing.

Hello! I just started this drama about 2 weeks ago and didn't get to post a reaction to it yet! It seems very fun and quirky with hints of My Love From Another Star. 

I didn't even know that the lead guy was Korean and that they had dubbed him, am I right? And the main female actress was the younger version in My Sunshine? 

Anyways, for more of my first impressions on this drama, please click here: https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/my-amazing-boyfriend-love-from-the-crypt/

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2016 at 1:42 PM, angel318 said:

Is it bad that I come back and check every now and then to see if anyone who read the book can spill some beans about season 2 possibly? I'm having bad withdrawal lol xD

theirs a book

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Finish this drama a few days ago and still got stuck with them!!! I even wanna rewatch this drama kekekke. I actually got angry easily when people said they don't wanna watch this drama because it's the same as MLFAS. Like whaaaat????!!! They don't even lay a hands on this -.- It said "inspired" not "the Chinese version" right??? I wanna read the novels if there any english version of those books.

Anyway I found this:

Books Chapter 13 Translation

Archived