[Current 2016 Drama] My Amazing Boyfriend (我的奇妙男友)

tompark

Just started watching this. The actor looks almost like Kim Soo Hyun of My Love From the Stars - same hair style, same body shape, same expressionless face, super powers ... What is the explanation for his super powers? He's not an alien, right? Because China does not allow depiction of aliens living among humans. 

So far, quite enjoyable. The actress is cute, reminds me of Chon Song Yi in MLfTS.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, omiki said:

Just started watching this. The actor looks almost like Kim Soo Hyun of My Love From the Stars - same hair style, same body shape, same expressionless face, super powers ... What is the explanation for his super powers? He's not an alien, right? Because China does not allow depiction of aliens living among humans. 

So far, quite enjoyable. The actress is cute, reminds me of Chon Song Yi in MLfTS.

why he have super powers will be explain in later episode.. keep calm and watch it.. :D it's more exciting to know by yourself than us telling u why.. hehe

i currently at ep11.. yeah..i know i slow.. because i download from doramax..

i found raw available on youtube, but internet connection is not stable..i can't stream..

im glad that season 2 is confirm. i cant wait for it.. hope its as good as season 1.

7 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

I don't think he ever said "I love you"'to her face although he didn't deny it when she gave him the analogy that "because you love me, you are different" after he told her the HSG story. I think the most he came to a confession is when he said "I only stop in front of you" (ie nobody else during his 500 year solo travel) when they were in the cold room together and that she is God's gift to him in that she gave him many beautiful memories when they were in the hilltop house. He was going to continue his declaration after he said "thank you for loving me so directly" but then she fell asleep from too much wine before saying all those stuff !! :) This is when she set dinner on the balcony after doing up his room.  

of course, he was very clear in what he said to HSG who laughed at him for Giving up his life for one woman although he could have many and he said that he would only ever want one which TJC. Awwwww :) 

He actually said this?! Wow! See how much you miss when you can't understand a word?!! LOL!

Darn! Waiting for the last 7 episodes to be subbed in english is painful!

I have finally watched up to ep 21 with eng sub...

Spoiler

Ihe dialogue in the frozen warehouse where they almost died, disappointed me somehow. I don't know what I was expecting but I was hoping for more from him and imagined more declarations of some sort, certainly more than "I only stop in front of you" or something LOL! ALthough we'll take what we can get from our resident mutant. LOL But I was also confused bec after this, it seemed like she was treating him as if the rejection never happened or he retracted that and they were now officially together but there never was a moment that he actually accepted her right? Or did I miss it???

Another thing I'm confused abt, did they have sex at her parent's house or was it just a make-out session? Her clothes changed and his didn't and they didn't wake up cuddling. Also her reaction (while hilarious and over the top LOL) were somewhat off considering that I thought she was a virgin - hold hands after 3 mths, kissing after 6 and no one has lasted that long among all her exes...

I think XLQ started falling for TJZ first but was so much in denial that he didn't admit to it till later on. TJZ was still getting over bf#7 so it took her a little longer but she realized it first and was open abt it. If she wasn't, he might have denied it forever and stuck to his plan of forming no ties.

This is one of the major reasons why I've really grown to love this drama, I love how they wrote TJZ's character. TJZ wears her heart on her sleeves, what you see is what you get, she doesn't play games and though she is a bit spoiled, she also works hard and is independent. What she has achieved, she achieved through her own hard work and even though she is competing with her best friend, they do so on their own merits and still support each other. She can be petty but is charitable. She likes the nice things in life but sends most of her pay to dig wells in Africa (though is she doing this to counteract her bad luck??) She is open to love but has limits and standards but will break them if her heart tells her to. She is emotional but doesn't let her emotions rule her (not too much). She is bossy to her assistant but I've seen so much worse in other dramas. (I do wish she would say thank you sometimes) Even when she was most irritated and inconvenienced by XLQ, she still worried abt him and cautioned him and readily helped. 

I think this is one of the first things that might have made XLQ fall for her, she has a big heart. I don't remember her objecting too hard re: him staying at her place, even the 3 battles to get him to leave were pitiful. And she makes him laugh (or almost laugh as I'm not sure he is physically capable of actually laughing, even grinning is a stretch, haven't seen it, maybe season 2?) And she's always willing to give her all to save him even when she wasn't "in love" with him yet when she saved him from the elevator. So she's proven dependable and trustworthy.

Another thing I really like about this series is that they take turns saving each other. Not always the main guy saving the girl.She gets to save him too.

A strong woman for a strong man. 

2 hours ago, cdcotr said:

I think XLQ started falling for TJZ first but was so much in denial that he didn't admit to it till later on. TJZ was still getting over bf#7 so it took her a little longer but she realized it first and was open abt it. If she wasn't, he might have denied it forever and stuck to his plan of forming no ties.

This is one of the major reasons why I've really grown to love this drama, I love how they wrote TJZ's character. TJZ wears her heart on her sleeves, what you see is what you get, she doesn't play games and though she is a bit spoiled, she also works hard and is independent. What she has achieved, she achieved through her own hard work and even though she is competing with her best friend, they do so on their own merits and still support each other. She can be petty but is charitable. She likes the nice things in life but sends most of her pay to dig wells in Africa (though is she doing this to counteract her bad luck??) She is open to love but has limits and standards but will break them if her heart tells her to. She is emotional but doesn't let her emotions rule her (not too much). She is bossy to her assistant but I've seen so much worse in other dramas. (I do wish she would say thank you sometimes) Even when she was most irritated and inconvenienced by XLQ, she still worried abt him and cautioned him and readily helped. 

I think this is one of the first things that might have made XLQ fall for her, she has a big heart. I don't remember her objecting too hard re: him staying at her place, even the 3 battles to get him to leave were pitiful. And she makes him laugh (or almost laugh as I'm not sure he is physically capable of actually laughing, even grinning is a stretch, haven't seen it, maybe season 2?) And she's always willing to give her all to save him even when she wasn't "in love" with him yet when she saved him from the elevator. So she's proven dependable and trustworthy.

Another thing I really like about this series is that they take turns saving each other. Not always the main guy saving the girl.She gets to save him too.

A strong woman for a strong man. 

@cdcotr Totally agree. I thought it was quite interesting that after he walked away from her because she made him give blood to LXY, his memory of her is when she was rummaging through garbage to find the album and he offered to fly her (breaking his own rules!!) just to make her happy. :) methinks he already likes her then but just in denial. KTH is still pretty raw as an actor but every time he looks at her tenderly (with or without her knowing!) he does seem to come alive ! Even at ep 5 when he strode in to help her face LXY and his colleagues - totally unnecessary but so sweet :) 

2 hours ago, cdcotr said:

I think this is one of the first things that might have made XLQ fall for her, she has a big heart.

In a video I posted previously, Kim Tae Hwan was asked why his character loves TJC. He said that at the first time he saved her he saw her pretty. Lol. I've never expected that simple answer! kkkk. Before heard it from him, I thought it was TJC who falls for him first.

Btw, as this drama is inspired by You Who Came From The Star, I expected there would be a scene of XLQ crying a river like Do Min-Joon on YWCFTS.. or at least shed tears. But he didn't. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't see him cries but now I think it made sense that he never cry after lived for 500 years. I guess that's because he has lived for so long and experienced a lot of sorrow in his life (like being left by their family and friends) so he used to holding his feeling/emotion in. However, I wanna see his crying scene~ maybe on season 2! kkk

I hope season 2 will be aired soon.. at least on the end of this year! >_<

54 minutes ago, OO1230 said:

In a video I posted previously, Kim Tae Hwan was asked why his character loves TJC. He said that at the first time he saved her he saw her pretty. Lol. I've never expected that simple answer! kkkk. Before heard it from him, I thought it was TJC who falls for him first.

Btw, as this drama is inspired by You Who Came From The Star, I expected there would be a scene of XLQ crying a river like Do Min-Joon on YWCFTS.. or at least shed tears. But he didn't. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't see him cries but now I think it made sense that he never cry after lived for 500 years. I guess that's because he has lived for so long and experienced a lot of sorrow in his life (like being left by their family and friends) so he used to holding his feeling/emotion in. However, I wanna see his crying scene~ maybe on season 2! kkk

I thought he cried when he was on the ground beaten up by thugs after he left TJC in the hospital post saving LYZ. He looked utterly defeated and thought I saw tears amidst the rain ... 

8 minutes ago, lizzieyen said:

I thought he cried when he was on the ground beaten up by thugs after he left TJC in the hospital post saving LYZ. He looked utterly defeated and thought I saw tears amidst the rain ... 

Oh yes! I just remember now! LOL. Then, I want to see he cries more. kkkkk

8 minutes ago, OO1230 said:

Oh yes! I just remember now! LOL. Then, I want to see he cries more. kkkkk

:) never hurts!   XLC never  openly said "let's be together" after the cold room incident but he let his defences down and was being physically affectionate with TJC at the hospital thereafter. TJC also never quite believed he didn't like her (the only time she was heartbroken was after the karate incident) but after she realised he "special rescued" her after her hangover ala super make out session she was convinced he was just in denial. The only time he implicitly acknowledged her as his girlfriend was when they left that single mom house and were walkin along he waters and she said "no wonder u have no gf" , his reply was "who are you then?" 

1 hour ago, OO1230 said:

And I hope the season 2 will have theme "My Amazing Husband" :wub::wub::wub:

1 hour ago, lizzieyen said:

:) never hurts!   XLC never  openly said "let's be together" after the cold room incident but he let his defences down and was being physically affectionate with TJC at the hospital thereafter. TJC also never quite believed he didn't like her (the only time she was heartbroken was after the karate incident) but after she realised he "special rescued" her after her hangover ala super make out session she was convinced he was just in denial. The only time he implicitly acknowledged her as his girlfriend was when they left that single mom house and were walkin along he waters and she said "no wonder u have no gf" , his reply was "who are you then?" 

The uncertainty abt where exactly their relationship stands is what's driving me nuts waiting for subs...I was hoping that they had a more serious, definite talk when they went on the trip to the mountain ...in my head I was imagining that he's testing her whether she can live in the forests with him like she always says he should do in case he gets in trouble LOL!

I'm still at EP17. I have read all your comments and I'm glad I found this drama which lessen my "withdrawal" sickness on watching Descendants...all the time.

Visopea, how many episodes are there in this drama?

Thanks.

On 5/13/2016 at 1:09 PM, visiopeia said:

Finally watch finish the whole series! love it....

Does this mean Jing Zhi has become immortal like Ling Qiao???? The end'ng makes me feel like there will be second season kkkk

Is it an open ending?  

My Amazing Boyfriend Season 2 Information
Genre: Romance, Urban, Comedy, Drama
Region: China
Language: Mandarin
Director: Unknown
Duration: 30 Episodes
Year: 2017 

Omg I'll have to wait for soooooo long ㅜㅜ

Well at least there'll be season 2..

Btw I haven't found ep 22-28 sub.. desperately waiting  ㅜㅜ

On 15 May 2016 at 8:36 AM, raewonkim said:

I'm still at EP17. I have read all your comments and I'm glad I found this drama which lessen my "withdrawal" sickness on watching Descendants...all the time.

Visopea, how many episodes are there in this drama?

Thanks.

28 episodes :)

11 hours ago, raewonkim said:

Is it an open ending?  

Can be construed as such although personally I thought it was a pretty clear one , albeit subtle :) 

7 hours ago, OO1230 said:

My Amazing Boyfriend Season 2 Information
Genre: Romance, Urban, Comedy, Drama
Region: China
Language: Mandarin
Director: Unknown
Duration: 30 Episodes
Year: 2017 

Omg I'll have to wait for soooooo long ㅜㅜ

Well at least there'll be season 2..

Btw I haven't found ep 22-28 sub.. desperately waiting  ㅜㅜ

Oh!! So it's really confirmed :) Yay ! I hope Janice Wu is back - she is filming a c-movie with another Korean actor now so hopefully will hear more buzz about this when that dies down.  Haven't seen the subs anywhere yet too - will let u know if I see it. However, not sure you will get the closure you want though :) XLC is a fairly logical character so once his identity was exposed, it was quite clear in his mind that he cannot be together with TJZ (no matter how much he wanted it). The push-pull is definitely there but he remained absolute until ep 27 where he started to seriously reconsider again since quite a few people already knew then (LYZ , Xuan Xuan) but the debacle that is HSG convinced him to remain steadfast. But as we know, he loves TJZ (and it's definitely a deep love to the point of giving up immortality !) he will keep coming back to her (in Season 2!!) 

@lizzieyen

Yeah I've heard about her new movie. The plot sounds interesting~ haha. And she's so lucky to have worked with handsome and tall korean actors - kim tae hwan & sehun! :wub: 

Yet she need to be a little more careful with sehun. hihi. Some of his fans flooding her instagram post.

Thank you for your explaination about the story and XLC. I understand the points and that really helps me enjoying this drama more.  I want the subs to fully know what the characters say and the details~ after the subs are complete I wanna rewatch the whole eps~~ kkkkk. This drama withdrawal is hard and 2017 is so far away.... Sigh.

Anyway, i think season 2 for 30 eps is quite long, not that i complain. Hehe. I hope there'll be more otp (romantic) scenes and less of otp being separated. I want it more about how they try to resolve their problem together, no more push and pull because (likely)TJZ is pregnant. It'll be better if they tell the story until their child is born! kkkkkk. I'm making fanfiction in my head! Lol. Above alI, I really want to see XLC reaction when he knows about TJZ pregnancy! XD. Btw, if someone make or find fanfiction from what the story left in season 1, please tell me~~ 

1 hour ago, OO1230 said:

@lizzieyen

Yeah I've heard about her new movie. The plot sounds interesting~ haha. And she's so lucky to have worked with handsome and tall korean actors - kim tae hwan & sehun! :wub: 

Hide contents

Yet she need to be a little more careful with sehun. hihi. Some of his fans flooding her instagram post.

Thank you for your explaination about the story and XLC. I understand the points and that really helps me enjoying this drama more.  I want the subs to fully know what the characters say and the details~ after the subs are complete I wanna rewatch the whole eps~~ kkkkk. This drama withdrawal is hard and 2017 is so far away.... Sigh.

Anyway, i think season 2 for 30 eps is quite long, not that i complain. Hehe. I hope there'll be more otp (romantic) scenes and less of otp being separated. I want it more about how they try to resolve their problem together, no more push and pull because (likely)TJZ is pregnant. It'll be better if they tell the story until their child is born! kkkkkk. I'm making fanfiction in my head! Lol. Above alI, I really want to see XLC reaction when he knows about TJZ pregnancy! XD. Btw, if someone make or find fanfiction from what the story left in season 1, please tell me~~ 

I think there are parts in ep 23 where the acting range is a bit beyond Kim Tae Hwan - i believe he is meant to emote a little more as the camera rests on him but he is not quite there yet. Fortunately, he controls his body well so he is able to look dejected through his body movements! Agree about them resolving the problem together - I mean he just wants to be able to die right? LOL. So I guess the issue is how to ensure that he can age and die naturally.... The elixir of immortality is generally harder to achieve than the reverse one would have thought!

Is Sehun very popular? I am not a k-drama fan and am relatively new to c-drama. Wu Qian really impressed me though and I am actually trying to watch another show she is in (A Scholar Dream Of Woman) as a second lead - anybody seen that? I am not a fan of Zhang Meng but I liked Han Dong from Cuo Dian Yuan Yang so will give it a try (its Republican without subs so I am not sure if my Mandarin is good enough and it looks potentially tragic/weepy from the stills!) Everyone tells me to try My Sunshine but I really do not like Tang Yan and Wallace Chung looks too much like a dude I know to watch any show objectively!

Anybody here who has read the book "My Wonderful Boyfriend"? Maybe we can get some color there. I wonder if there is indeed a connection between XLC and TJZ which spans centuries and that would be covered in the sequel. When he got sick in the Ming(?) dynasty, his engagement was broken off - wonder if that girl was TJZ in an earlier re-incarnation and her not marrying him resulted in her years of bad luck one incarnation after another! 

Am also having withdrawal - any other light hearted c-dramas anyone can recommend? Breezy but not stupid. 

Archived