[Current 2016 Drama] My Amazing Boyfriend (我的奇妙男友)

tompark

@lizzieyen thanks! wow! subbed! will check it out! Those episodes include the more romantic ones right? awesome!

I've now watched till 28 raw. torture not knowing what they're saying though you do get a sense of where the story goes.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cdcotr said:

@lizzieyen thanks! wow! subbed! will check it out! Those episodes include the more romantic ones right? awesome!

I've now watched till 28 raw. torture not knowing what they're saying though you do get a sense of where the story goes.

I consider it a happy ending :)  I think many in this thread haven't watched till ep 28 yet so won't comment but it was prefaced in ep 26. Got to watch the subbed though as it's mentioned but subtlely. Very happy!! 

On 5/9/2016 at 3:44 PM, lizzieyen said:

@cdcotr I watched up to ep21 on hdfree.se but subbed it's only until ep14. I would rematch with subbed as there are some parts where it was not clear to me what did XLC do for TJC (in ep 17) as I couldn't read the document ! 

The document was something like either life insurance or house deed. TJC is XLC beneficiary :) just like how she is the beneficiary to Xiao Yan's life insurance.

Watched the whole series raw, and really hoping for a season 2 due to the open ending... Is she pregnant??

2 hours ago, angel318 said:

The document was something like either life insurance or house deed. TJC is XLC beneficiary :) just like how she is the beneficiary to Xiao Yan's life insurance.

Watched the whole series raw, and really hoping for a season 2 due to the open ending... Is she pregnant??

I guess so,she recovery soon,isn't that baby in her body??:phew:

There's heaps of room for a season 2...but it would mostly be:

Spoiler

The leads playing house...since there's a high chance she'e becoming like him? i.e. regenerative abilities etc.

And his enemy...is gone?

Is this drama based on a novel by any chance? I haven't really followed it other than watching the drama itself.

@angel318 Thanks! Watched the subbed part - it's a deed for the villa! I like how XLC does all these things for TJC to show his love despite his awkwardness in romance! Gotta love his face when he is jealous of LYZ. :) while I don't think him to be that good looking, he definitely looks better in republican clothes with the slicked back hair and well cut suits / mandarin clothes. 

Anybody knows if the ratings are good for this drama? I think it's quite a light hearted well crafted drama , not too sombre and managed to find the balance between hammy and tender. Other things I like:-

1. The female friendship between TJZ and CXX - more of this please! So sick of female friendship turned bitchy in c-dramas

2. TJC insisting on saving LYZ and even resorting to underhanded methods despite her obvious love for XLQ - she maybe a little silly but when it counts, she stands her ground and doesn't cave to him

3. XLQ breakdown after he left TJC at the hospital - despite lack of words, I thought his hurt came through well. Also at his crestfallen face when TJC dissed him when he was hoping she would say something different (although she was fantasising she would kiss and make up) 

4. That there are so many other ways to cure someone with his blood - injection / blood in teacup ! The sneaky 500 year old man! 

5. Of course he would come back to her la - every time he says he would leave, he still returns at the slightest request or just to look at her ! What more now that she is preggers.. :)

@lizzieyen Thank you for letting me know about the subbed part. I can kind of understand manderin but basically elementary level so I used context to help me understand.

Hehe I agree with all of your statements. Love sisterhood and XLQ is very subtle with his actions of affection.  :)

Spoiler

lol when she faked her pregnancy for her parents, he said he would worship her if she was actually pregnant. He has to come back if she really is. *cross fingers* I need this have a happy ending~

First post here~ This drama is delightful! I really enjoyed watching it! I've watched till the final ep..

but i'm not satisfied with the ending! ㅜㅜ. Why coudn't we see the otp happy ending scene at the last minutes!! If later there'll be season 2 or a special episode, i'll understand but i don't know about that so it's a bit disappointing... sigh.

And some of you said TJC is pregnant.. really?? I thought all the time they showed us the innocent love and i didnt see any scene that kinda tell us the otp do 'that'. Well maybe i just didn't notice that because i watched ep 22-28 without sub...

I'm a bit impatient waiting for the sub.. So, someone please tell me why XLQ cure TJC with his blood through kissing way although there's other way (like injection)? Did he explain about that? And there's scene when TJC's parents watched her and a guy dating?? What's that?? And why was not XLQ with her at the end? what made he left her?

Spoiler

1. XLC explained that curing by tongue is the fastest method when he explained to TJC how he cured LYZ by injection. That's obviously crap because he also cured HSG in republican era by biting his tongue and dripping blood in the water. :) the kissing method may have been the only way at the car accident but he only used that subsequently because well - he just wanted to kiss her. Esp when she just had tummy upset from bad food ! So not an emergency situation. It was also clear when she had the hangover because the body language was clearly making out rather than life-saving! His smirk after his explanation also corroborated the fact :) he is , as he has said before, a man! 

2. TJC dating other men in ep 28 was for show as they are all her cousins. She did it on purpose so that it would be caught on camera and plastered on the Internet / weibo to incite XLC to return. He said in ep 26 that he would be upset if she went on to date other people. 

3. As to why he left her, I am also waiting for subs because I didn't get all the words. In substance however he blamed himself for what happened to HSG as his spiral downward into a search for immortality was due to XLC saving him on a whim. XLC thinks that TJC should have a happy, uncomplicated mortal life which by his interference has been made dangerous and resulting in her participating in a doomed romance with an immortal. He feels he can't give her what she needs so he chose to leave for her to seek her own path and happiness. He did say that once in ep 25 when they were together in the hills but the death of HSG made his convictions even stronger. 

4. In terms of pregnancy, it could be either that time in ep 20 when they kissed (leading to sex off screen) or during their time in the hills. It's hinted in ep 26 when she teased him saying that she would date other man and later recanting it by saying she may already be pregnant and XLC is already a daddy :)

@OO1230 My Mandarin is passable but not great so I may have missed out some subtleties - hopefully the above gives you some clarity! Anyone else with better command of the language, please feel free to correct me! 

2 hours ago, angel318 said:

@lizzieyen Thank you for letting me know about the subbed part. I can kind of understand manderin but basically elementary level so I used context to help me understand.

Hehe I agree with all of your statements. Love sisterhood and XLQ is very subtle with his actions of affection.  :)

Reveal hidden contents

lol when she faked her pregnancy for her parents, he said he would worship her if she was actually pregnant. He has to come back if she really is. *cross fingers* I need this have a happy ending~

He is after all, a really old man! :) I think it would be fun if part 2 is about how thy find a cure effectively reversing his perpetual regenerative cells. 

Until Ep.21 watched with sub.The lesson from this drama,if you want to look young forever like XLQ:

-Drink tea and juice everyday

-Taekwondo exercise

-Use full undergarment(protect from UV???):P :w00t:

-Cook undelicious food(Non MSG??) and........

-Always watching your favourite drama:D:lol::w00t:

@lizzieyen thank you sooooo much for your explaination! I understand it knowww~ ^^. you're awesome! :)) LOL at XLQ naughtiness! XD. I didn't expect that because when he turned down TJC confession, he looked so conviced that he didn't love her and I thought he just didn't realized that at that time.

edit:

My wish likely will come true! according to kim tae hwan's weibo update, there'll be season 2! Yeeeeeeeey!! :D

43 minutes ago, OO1230 said:

@lizzieyen thank you sooooo much for your explaination! I understand it knowww~ ^^. you're awesome! :)) LOL at XLQ naughtiness! XD. I didn't expect that because when he turned down TJC confession, he looked so conviced that he didn't love her and I thought he just didn't realized that at that time.

edit:

My wish likely will come true! according to kim tae hwan's weibo update, there'll be season 2! Yeeeeeeeey!! :D

No problems at all! Which time when he turned her down? :) in his mind he shouldn't be with anyone because he is an immortal but what he says and what he does is quite different. In fact, he generally goes to self rationalise to his tortoise that what he feels is not love but possessiveness because TJC's blood flows within him and subsequently that because he will ultimately leave they can't be together. 

@lizzieyen the first time he turned down her confession.. when she said clearly what she felt for him is love and then he said it was possessiveness. aah I see~ so he was like denying love by rationalising it was possessiveness. But at the end he knew he loves her, right? Did he ever confess to her like saying words "i love you" or similar to that? Through ep 1-21 I don't recall he ever said it..

It's funny that he actually talked to tortoise! just realized it when the tortoise came out. Before that I thought he talked to the sea when he went to the beach!  XD

Hi everyone , im absolutly inlove with this drama even though the main lead isnt as strong as the lead actress they have sooo much chemistry  plus his acting isnt as cringeworthy as other newbies. Okay  so i saw someone  say on the threead that season 2 is confirmed please tell me this is true , i want to see the main leads tougether again . BTW guys how coms there is no BTS on the show or any kind of news cause i feel like its become more popular , i mean its definitley popular on viki.

4 hours ago, Halima said:

Okay  so i saw someone  say on the threead that season 2 is confirmed please tell me this is true , i want to see the main leads tougether again . BTW guys how coms there is no BTS on the show or any kind of news cause i feel like its become more popular , i mean its definitley popular on viki.

Yeah, I read on hdfree website comment section.. the admin said that according to kim tae hwan (main actor) weibo update, season 2 is confirmed. ^^

Maybe you have to find BTS picture or video related to it on weibo.. I dont know because i dont have weibo.. and i have not tried to search for the BTS yet. Haha.

2 hours ago, vietgurl4ever206 said:

can some one help me please in ep 3 at the beginning where the police guy give his car to her there were a car accessories that look really cute what is the name of it? i want to purchase it. 

I don't know.. I think it has no specific name.. just car accessories.. 

omg omg omg!! how could he be so cute! :wub:

I think this one from bts.
I found some videos

I know korean and english only ㅜㅜ. I wish someone can tell what they said..

Btw it's a bit weird seeing Hong that talkactive and joking around with the other actors. I used to see him as villain. Lol.

8 hours ago, OO1230 said:

@lizzieyen the first time he turned down her confession.. when she said clearly what she felt for him is love and then he said it was possessiveness. aah I see~ so he was like denying love by rationalising it was possessiveness. But at the end he knew he loves her, right? Did he ever confess to her like saying words "i love you" or similar to that? Through ep 1-21 I don't recall he ever said it..

It's funny that he actually talked to tortoise! just realized it when the tortoise came out. Before that I thought he talked to the sea when he went to the beach!  XD

I don't think he ever said "I love you"'to her face although he didn't deny it when she gave him the analogy that "because you love me, you are different" after he told her the HSG story. I think the most he came to a confession is when he said "I only stop in front of you" (ie nobody else during his 500 year solo travel) when they were in the cold room together and that she is God's gift to him in that she gave him many beautiful memories when they were in the hilltop house. He was going to continue his declaration after he said "thank you for loving me so directly" but then she fell asleep from too much wine before saying all those stuff !! :) This is when she set dinner on the balcony after doing up his room.  

of course, he was very clear in what he said to HSG who laughed at him for Giving up his life for one woman although he could have many and he said that he would only ever want one which TJC. Awwwww :) 

Archived