[2015 Mainland Chinese Drama] Female Assassins In The Palace 金钗谍影

Yeekrfan2

[2015 Mainland Chinese Drama]

Female Assassins In The Palace 金钗谍影

aka Gold Hairpins In The Palace

45 episodes

Currently showing on 8TV, Malaysia from Mon - Fri at 8:30pm with Bahasa Malaysia subtitles

You can watch some good quality free episodes of Female Assassins in the Palace at
http://www.tonton.com.my/tvShow?titleId=56dfded3231573bf310041f7
But not all the episodes are free and some you will need to upgrade to VIP to watch it. Only available with Chinese & Malay subtitles

English subtitles at DramaFever - https://www.dramafever.com/drama/4587/Female_Assassins_in_the_Palace/

female_assassins_in_the_palace_11.jpg

Ady%20_an.jpg

Starring: Ady An as Princess Ciadie

jiang_yi_batu%20copy.jpg

Steven Jiang Yi as Prince Batu

Spoiler

female_assassins_in_the_palace.giffemale_assassins_in_the_palace_2.gif

female_assassins_in_the_palace_4.giffemale_assassins_in_the_palace_8.gif

female_assassins_in_the_palace_5.giffemale_assassins_in_the_palace_6.gif

female_assassins_in_the_palace_7.giffemale_assassins_in_the_palace_9.gif

:wub: Cute, funny and sweet bickering couple :wub:

Female Assassins in the Palace (金釵諜影)

Starring:  Ady An, Steven Jiang Yi, Chen Zi Han, Cici Liu, Victor Chen

When an ancient treasure map surfaces within the royal court, x marks a deadly spot for the most powerful members of the Qing Dynasty. Amidst a string of disappearances from ministers to generals, Princess Ciadie (Ady An) and Prince Batu (Steven Jiang) discover they possess the unlikely skills and knowledge necessary to uncover double-crossing courtiers who will stop at nothing for a mysterious treasure.

This story is very different from the usual palace fighting between queen and consorts for the king affection. Instead it focus on the budding relationship of Princess Caidie and Prince Batu, a pair of reluctant romantic bickering couple investigating 12 female assassins in this romantic wuxia drama set during Qing Dynasty.

female_assassins_in_the_palace_14.jpg

Chen Zi Han as Princess Duan Min

female_assassins_in_the_palace_15.jpg

Cici Liu as Princess Guo Xin

female_assassins_in_the_palace_16_1.jpg

Victor Chen as Wei Tang

female_assassins_in_the_palace.jpg

01.jpg

female_assassins_in_the_palace_1.jpg

jiang_yi_10.jpg

jiang_yi_ady_an.jpg

ady_an_jiang_yi_wedding_3.jpg

How would you react if you suddenly found out that you are engaged at the dinner table?

by Nancy Z on Wed, Apr 06, 2016

ece9f03b-ee15-48d3-853b-d5b06f8de85e.jpg
2 2421

Female Assassins in the Palace is quite unique as a comedy-laden historical romance. It has many cute leads, fabulous costumes, and a sleuthing mystery involving 12 dangerous women. One particularly funny scene is how Ady An gets engaged to someone she just hates to be around, even though he is the handsome prince that many of us would wish to have for ourselves.

Watch the clip from episode 4, and I'll explain the characters and how they're related, because understanding what's going on will help a lot toward catching the undercurrents in this drama.

As it is with a lot of Asian families in drama or in life, many discussions and decisions take place at the dinner table. In this case, Ady An's Ciadie is just munching away and half listening to her parents talking with family guests about a marriage proposal, not realizing that she is part of what's being discussed.

By the way, Ciadie (pronounced as Tsai-dieh) means "Colorful Butterfly." It's a very lovely name and perfectly describes her vibrant and bright personality. She is around 18 to 20 years in age, doesn't hide her feelings, and can be impulsive.

6e0a96f8-8be3-42d2-a83b-5636d6e9313b.jpg

Watch what happens at the dinner table:

What a way to find out you just got engaged! 

Can you imagine if this happened at the famous show Downton Abbey? A lot of important discussions also take place at the dinner table in the extremely popular British period drama. There'd be a lot of dropped forks and knives, instead of chopsticks, and spilled wine.

Now, let's look more closely at the characters involved in the scene.

be55c910-0d8e-446f-ada1-9e0af21a7775.jpg

Ciadie's father is a member of the aristocracy, and it shows in the highly embroidered clothes that he wears. His wife, Ciadie's mother, therefore wears a very beautiful silk gown and headdress that are appropriate to her stature. What I'm trying to say is that it's actually the norm for such families that marriages are determined by the parents and approved (or denied) by the Emperor.

The father is making the agreement with Prince Beorji, the eldest son of the father's friend. 

4197291a-4363-4752-946c-6526ca364764.png

Beorji's younger brother, the handsome Prince Batu, is surprised to hear about the engagement news, although he is staying pretty calm on the surface. The girl sitting next to him is his cousin Dana, and she is stunned by the news because she is secretly in love with him. 

f75860ed-8b7d-4df7-a7f6-0fa3e086f1ac.png

Notice the Mongolian costumes they are wearing? Yes, they are from a Mongolian tribe called the Kharchins, who in history really did inter-marry with the Manchus who ruled China in the Qing dynasty. 

Prince Batu is played by handsome Chinese actor Jiang Yi (Steven Jiang), who first became a model in college because of his good looks.

25fdefa4-dc58-457e-b443-188bd03f0956.jpg

Where do we go from here in the story? 

da0589b0-5027-4fbf-9c9f-ba76fe318da0.png

Ciadie and Batu have disliked each other from the first moment they met by sheer accident, when Ciadie literally fell from the sky into Batu's arms. (A gift from Heaven?) We won't be surprised that Ciadie will continue to fight against this intended marriage. But how does Batu take it? 

A further complication is, not only cousin Dana, but also Ciadie's two sworn sister-friends, are enamored with Batu, giving rise to three women competing for Batu, when Ciadie doesn't want him at all... or so she thinks!

(Here are Guo Xin and Duan Min, best friends you don't need.)

bbd10d1f-1c11-4212-a6bd-960c0cd2bc03.jpe

In the meantime, there is a huge conspiracy involving 12 female assassins who have been trained since childhood for Ninja missions. 

I'd have to admit that the special effects aren't great (aka hilariously bad) in this drama, but the fun and attractive leads, palace intrigue, beautiful ladies in fabulous costumes ready to kick and rock with martial arts at a moment's notice, and more, all make Female Assassins in the Palace an interesting watch.

What do you think about getting engaged at the dinner table? Can you imagine being told who to marry? Does your family make important decisions at dinnertime? Comment below!

~ NancyZdramaland

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, AnnieThims said:

Does anyone know the soundtrack or OST to this drama? I really love the music and I can't find it anywhere! Please replying!

I've tried to find the OST without success too...sigh  :tears: . Only managed to find the lyrics to the couple song:

《假装不爱你》
金钗谍影插曲
作词:半岛、谢杰
作曲:陆耀靖
演唱:陆昱霖、刘庭羽

我笑着说过去
幽默的口吻
多幸运对自己
越来越坦诚
我终于相信
没有不可能
爱人可以变成陌生人
我不是不明白
只是不承认
却还是逃不过
缘分的剧本
如果不是爱
怎么会心疼
爱你好像是一种本分
我要骗了自己
假装不爱你
早已经为你无所谓生死
是我骗了自己
假装不爱你
这份爱早已经就注定
谁才是我心里
最在乎的人
你来了才解开
心中的疑问
我终于明白
有过笑和泪
也许才是真实的人生
我要骗了自己
假装不爱你
早已经为你无所谓生死
是我骗了自己
假装不爱你
这份爱早已经就注定
我要骗了自己
假装不爱你
早已经为你无所谓生死
是我骗了自己
假装不爱你
我们要幸福地在一起
我们要幸福地在一起

helooo..i just found this drama too..the review sound really good, so i watch it and love it.but, i only see this for 20 episode in viki..do you know any link where i can see the rest episode ?thank you so much for your help.:).

On 05/05/2016 at 0:48 PM, dwinusantias said:

helooo..i just found this drama too..the review sound really good, so i watch it and love it.but, i only see this for 20 episode in viki..do you know any link where i can see the rest episode ?thank you so much for your help.:).

You can watch in this youtube channel

4 hours ago, Yeekrfan2 said:

You can watch Female Assassins in the Palace with good quality at
http://www.tonton.com.my/tvShow?titleId=56dfded3231573bf310041f7

But not all the episodes are free and some you will need to upgrade to VIP to watch it. Only available with Chinese & Malay sub...for English sub pls visit DramaFever.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-08%20at%203.01.2

yesss... i already watch it all episode til ending..i love it so much  ..thank you..i hope you can share another good and refreshing drama..thank again ya

• 3 weeks later...

Missing or cut scene from Ep 5 & 6 in Female Assassins in the Palace 金钗谍影 -

Prince Batu (Jiang Yi) swear to marry Princess Caidie (Ady An) no matter what after she threaten him! He looks so damn sexy by saying "my life will be filled with challenges"...after she became his wife! :w00t:  Uh..oh she bite his finger instead.... :P:sweatingbullets:

jiang_yi_10.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Yeekrfan2

Thank you for making this thread I really liked this drama.

The chemistry between the lead couple was great. I think for a moment I may have even fell in love with Batu :wub:. It was my first time seeing Steven Jiang and Elaine Hsiang's acting. I'm a new fan of both of them. I especially liked  Elaine's (Ady An real life cousin) acting I thought she was adorable. Her chemistry with Ady was perfect. The ending was a definitely unexpected and props to the writer for great storytelling. I will rewatch this drama again in the future. I'd rate it a 8.5/10.

On 25/07/2016 at 0:35 PM, BaiZiHua said:

@Yeekrfan2

Thank you for making this thread I really liked this drama.

The chemistry between the lead couple was great. I think for a moment I may have even fell in love with Batu :wub:. It was my first time seeing Steven Jiang and Elaine Hsiang's acting. I'm a new fan of both of them. I especially liked  Elaine's (Ady An real life cousin) acting I thought she was adorable. Her chemistry with Ady was perfect. The ending was a definitely unexpected and props to the writer for great storytelling. I will rewatch this drama again in the future. I'd rate it a 8.5/10.

Hi! Totally get it! :phew::w00t: I feel the same too with Batu, started watching caused I'm a fan of Ady and ended liking Jiang Yi too! He got my attention as Prince Batu too, a very thoughtful, calm, patience and open-minded prince who managed to handle his willful & adorable bride. Loved all their adorable scenes together as a sensible groom and playful bride. He is a very charismatic actor too and not forgetting the lovely Ady An as the misfit princess! I just loved the chemistry between the bickering couple - hot & cool and chuckles at how he rolled his eyes every times she said..."I don't know who said this"....when she started quoting famous quotes...sigh gonna miss them...hope they will collaborate again! Yes, Ady and her cousin Elaine is a riot, such funny & wonderful chemistry. Surprisingly this drama is very entertaining and highly recommended without the usual metaphors & cliches typical of historical dramas.

@ Yeekrfan2

I completely agree with you this drama was pretty entertaining and not draggy at all. And also the ending was really unexpected and the writer really did a good job conveying the fresh unconventional story line. I loved and appreciated the push and pull with the main leads as well. I was laughing to tears watching their wedding night :wub::D. Great drama just thinking of the OTP brings happiness to my heart.  Nice talking to you :) Have a nice day .

Archived