[Drama 2016] Beautiful Mind 뷰티풀 마인드

Prettysup

I saw episode 1 - Jh told his dad- I didn't get caught- maybe not for switching body but for not letting people find out his secret- he cannot feel emotion?

I saw the Doctor removing the heart- is it for autopsy? 

Young oh stab js cos he saw something wrong with her. YHM told js that Dr Lee save her life

So many unanswered questions, wow, can't wait for next week

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Gerry58 said:

I saw episode 1 - Jh told his dad- I didn't get caught- maybe not for switching body but for not letting people find out his secret- he cannot feel emotion?

I saw the Doctor removing the heart- is it for autopsy? 

Young oh stab js cos he saw something wrong with her. YHM told js that Dr Lee save her life

So many unanswered questions, wow, can't wait for next week

Thank you! Still don't get a few scenes HAHAHAHA but still.... the wait for next week ugghhh so many questions!!!

yehyehyehyehyehhhhhh!! *screaming like music commander* hahaha.... yesterday no sub... today with sub....! I really really really fall in luv with Beautiful Mind... scene between Dr. LYO and his father gave me chills...! million stars ++++++ from me... LOL.. :phew::D

Ok just finished episode 2 and got some answers

Jang hyuk went to check the corpse  cos it has fungus in the brain- something very unusual but he didn't steal the heart. Apparently Dr Hyun (YHM) also went to check before Dr Lee. He may be the person who stole the heart

Still puzzled over Dr lee's relationship with his father. Is his father controlling him? Why he inject himself with the medicine? What is the medicine for? Wow his father also very scary- why he is not happy that his son is working in the same hospital? 

This show is so interesting , i love the mystery- jang hyuk is really good, glad the other actors reject this role cos nobody can be Dr Lee except Jh 

1 hour ago, blademan said:

Ok so I watched the first two eps just now....and I FREAKING LOVE EM!!!! Jang Hyuk is nailing that creepy/unemotional/detached character! PSD is acing it as well! Not feeling their age gap so that's great :) Just a few questions...

1. Why the hell did Young Oh stab JS with a scalpel at the end of ep 1?? That was hella creepy...and with that lip graze! Sexy and creepy! I assume it's something to do with her condition...? 

2. How did Young Oh manage to maintain a relationship for 5 years with MJ with his antisocial personality disorder??

3. Is SJ guilty of anything?? Like how can the heart of a patient disappear???

1. He stabs her to perform an emergency procedure (pericardiocentrsis) to save her life. She had a sudden build up of pericardial fluid in her heart or lungs so he had to stab her to release it. YHM followed up by drawing the liquid using a syringe later. 

2. I think they will elaborate more about their relationship later. According to the character descriptions, they had known each other for a long time. 

3. There is certainly something fishy with that missing heart here. Can't wait for ep3 to find out !

2 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

Finished with the second esp and still hooked....past the point of no return....lol  After watching I have to wonder if the father, Dr. Lee is the true Dr Frankenstein  and his son, Dr. Lee is his monster? After watching, I have to go back and watch again. So much to read between the lines and need to research anti-social behavior. One thing that puzzles me, if out Dr. Lee with without emotions, then where did her find enough emotion to have a relationship with a woman and even ask her to marry him? We also have a very good mystery that involves the dead man who's body is missing and his heart was removed. Kang was is name?  Very interesting and teaching drama we have her. Along with great writing and cast.

Yesh his name was Kang. Who killed him and what secret did he know? What has that to do with his heart? And why did he has the same rare condition as the presidential candidate ? So many unanswered questions ! 

40 minutes ago, Gerry58 said:

Still puzzled over Dr lee's relationship with his father. Is his father controlling him? Why he inject himself with the medicine? What is the medicine for? Wow his father also very scary- why he is not happy that his son is working in the same hospital? 

This show is so interesting , i love the mystery- jang hyuk is really good, glad the other actors reject this role cos nobody can be Dr Lee except Jh 

According to Wikipedia, the drug Quetiapine is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorders.  It can produce side effects like suicide attempts! Wow, will they build it into the story? 

Guest my2centsworth
11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yesh his name was Kang. Who killed him and what secret did he know? What has that to do with his heart? And why did he has the same rare condition as the presidential candidate ? So many unanswered questions ! 

I loves mysteries.....lol  Why am I looking back at the first esp when Kang stormed in the hospital, saying something like....It's you fault? Going back and re-watching again. Feel like I missed some important parts. Kang was angry about something and I think it may have been a co-worker, as I think this fungus may be related to his work place which I think.......now this is my crazy brain working overtime on this....lol  I think that both KHJ and KMS is connected to. KMS's condition was not as bad as Kang's. Remember when Lee was looking at his hands in the morgue. They were dark as if they were stained.  OR   It could be this Kang's wife. I think they said that his sone was all alone now since he also just lost his mom recently.  Kang's heart.....I think it was taken by Senior Dr. Lee.......just a wild guess !

This drama is full of questions that makes everything appear a mystery. I love it !

Guest elenskivios38

:wub:@Gerry58 dear! thanks for clearing and explaining  the scenes i now fully understand..The time shift somtimes

its confusing,I try not to ask details in my mind coz the more i will be confuse.I dont want to end up like Dr.LYO!!!:D:D:D

Jang Hyuk i salute you!!! your the only one can do creepy look with husky voice!:D

Guys in this thread ..we support all the casts since they work as a team we do the same,even critics we accept with open mi

FIGHTING BM ! Nextime higher rating coz you deserves it !!!

51 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

1. He stabs her to perform an emergency procedure (pericardiocentrsis) to save her life. She had a sudden build up of pericardial fluid in her heart or lungs so he had to stab her to release it. YHM followed up by drawing the liquid using a syringe later. 

2. I think they will elaborate more about their relationship later. According to the character descriptions, they had known each other for a long time. 

3. There is certainly something fishy with that missing heart here. Can't wait for ep3 to find out !

Ok I got that from the 2nd episode but why the choking and how did he know that she had a build up of the fluid in her lungs before stabbing her? Sorry I have zero medical knowledge... And he also looked kinda shocked after stabbing her.

17 minutes ago, blademan said:

Ok I got that from the 2nd episode but why the choking and how did he know that she had a build up of the fluid in her lungs before stabbing her? Sorry I have zero medical knowledge... And he also looked kinda shocked after stabbing her.

Hmm i dunno about the choking part.. Maybe it's for dramatic tension? As to how he knows, well he is supposed to be a genius who knows that the politician has a brain aneurysm that was about to burst and that the boy is a mute just by one glance. So I guess somehow he knew she had a build up of fluid by something that we non-geniuses cannot see? Hehe.. 

HahahahahaHahahahaha....Dr Lee just gave a direct "middle finger" to his father, the lil police kid and everyone else. Isn't that amazing? That police kid needs to stop acting all high and mighty. I punched the air when he proved how innocent he was BUT he did it in an AWESOME and INCREDIBLE way. 

I don't care about ratings(never did anyway). When a show is good, it will be remembered for a long time and the respect will be given. That is what Beautiful Mind is all about. And its educational.

I hope the writer doesn't change the story because of ratings. 

6 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

HahahahahaHahahahaha....Dr Lee just gave a direct "midlle finger" to his father, the lil police kid and everyone else. Isn't that amazing? That police kid needs to stop acting all high and mighty. I punched the air when he proved how innocent he was BUT he did it in an AWESOME and INCREDIBLE way. 

I don't care about ratings(never did anyway). When a show is good, it will be remembered for a long time and the respect will be given. That is what Beautiful Mind is all about. And its educational.

I hope the writer doesn't change the story because of ratings. 

Same here, I really hope they won't try to do something different because of the ratings, pls keep it as it is! 

Quoting some comments from viewers after watching ep 2:

1. Oh my it just had to stop at that cliffhanger. Yes, gonna go back to torturous weekly wait.
2. I'm glad i watched this, this is so great like why this is so underrated
3. Korean doctors submit the Hippocrates oath ?
4, The white car most probably wants to hit her if Dr.Lee wasn''t there, right ?

5. I find this....its very interesting drama.... I like it again it's mysterious
6. I like the lead! He isn't the typical jesus christ like doctor we mostly see in kdramas =))
7. OMG Kang Tae Joon how did you end up in Beautiful Mind LOL
8. Whoa. The lead character is too cool for anything. You can't tell if he's the lead or the villain. He does despicable things and then the next you'd understand it wasn't for anything bad at all. I hope they'd get to be able to keep up this great storyline.
9. Wow, this is a cool drama, omg , who is the villain in this drama
10. So Dr. Lee is a prosocial or borderline psychopath. It is curious how they are going to pull a romance out with that kind of serious mental disorder. Patients are mere stepping stones towards his career goals.

11. This is drama really deserves more attention ! it's absolutely amazing in all aspects ! the cast is great and the main leads have chemistry (their chemistry is seriously no joke) it keeps you wondering and questioning who did that ...why & how? I have really high hopes for this one ...now all I have to do is wait for the next episode *sigh* I can't wait!!
12. This drama is so amazing x"))) woaaah *-*
13. Yay! the surgery isn't sterile anymore. jang hyuk is so shrewd here
14. THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD OH MY GOODNESS. as expected of Jang Hyuk *_* the plot is no joke omfg
15. The show is so good
16. I think I'm in love <3

Archived