[Drama 2016] Beautiful Mind 뷰티풀 마인드

Prettysup

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the talks between HB entertainment and PSD's agency didn''t work out. HB is still insisting that its lead actress cannot  start a new project before Cinderella gets broadcasted. PSD's agency on the other hand said that they should only say such thing after they have secured a broadcast date for their drama. So the issue has been handled over to the Korean entertainment management association  to settle.

Source : http://sports.donga.com/Enter/3/02/20160517/78150877/3

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Kim Hyung Kyu will be joining the cast of Beautiful Mind as a third year houseman in Jang Hyuk's team of neurological doctors. He comes from a rich family which both his parents are also doctors. This will be his second collaboration with Park Se Young, where they acted together in 'Glorious Days' previously.

article.jpg

Source : http://m.news1.kr/sports/category/?detail&2665736&100

I actually liked him too in Glorious Days, too bad he didn't end up with 'Da Jeung'. Love how he jokes with their 'Omma' in GD. Anyway, nice that he is working again with Park Seyoung. Getting more excited now :)

KBS has announced that they are in consideration to extend "Neighbourhood Lawyer Mr Joe" by 4 episodes due to its popularity and high ratings.

If that is the case, this means that "Mr Joe" will end on Jun 14, followed by short drama "Baek Hee has returned" which will end on Jun 28, and "Beautiful Mind" will premiere on Jul 4th.

Source : http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/938966

@Prettysup- since they submit to Korean ent management association means they can't agree.

Not sure how long they take to settle but with this announcement means Kbs still willing to wait for psd. 

If they extend Neighbourhood lawyer, they don't need the short drama. Can just go ahead with a beautiful mind. 

I don't want to wait till July :(

@Gerry58 I guess they cannot make it for Jun 20, that's why now they need to buy time for 2 more weeks. I hate this too, i will very much prefer them to start on Jun 20th as per original schedule, so that they can start together with SBS's new doctor drama on the same day.

hi @JoonB :) cute profile photo you have there. it match well with your 'idol' soompi status. 

high five @Prettysup :w00t: similar taste there. i may check The Flu out while waiting for my weekend drama dose. 

@Gerry58 the short drama already in KBS schedule and started filming, i guess BM have to queue?

so Mr. Joe getting 4 extra episodes (worth of half month airtime)  and i have to wait longer for BM to broadcast. arggggh frustrating :bawling: 

not sure how KBS going to handle PSD's issue. i mean this is PSD + her agency vs. HB Entertainment. KBS can just avoid the mess by casting a new heroin. but i understand KBS's sentiment; PSD suit the role to the T, competition from other channel (SBS got PSH), etc, etc.

@missauditor It is not that BM has to queue after the short drama, it is because they are trying to buy more time for BM. Originally Mr Joe ends on 31 May, short drama ends on 14 Jun and BM starts on 20 Jun. If BM can make it on Jun 20, then they wont have to extend Mr Joe by 4 episodes now. 

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

@missauditor It is not that BM has to queue after the short drama, it is because they are trying to buy more time for BM. Originally Mr Joe ends on 31 May, short drama ends on 14 Jun and BM starts on 20 Jun. If BM can make it on Jun 20, then they wont have to extend Mr Joe by 4 episodes now. 

arasso :) but i need to bomb somebody. nugu? :sweatingbullets:

Highly recommended JH's movie The Flu. It's a medical thriller. I watched it months ago,not even realizing JH starred in it with Soo Ae (Mask drama) -very pretty actress. Bugger! So we have to wait longer for BM. I must admit, though I'm enjoying 'My Neighborhood Lawyer', I want to see Park Seyoung soon :(. If BM is airing it July 4, though not subbed. I can actually watch it in Seoul! I'll tune in to KBS2 channel.

@JoonB- welcome, glad more people joining this forum. Yes all the fans will be so disappointed, I saw many messages from Jh's fans they will support his drama, same for park Seyoung.

Don't understand why they need to postpone- jang hyuk will finish by month end, they can start shooting immediately as all casts are experienced and storyline all complete. If July then they face competition from suzy's drama etc

Anyway I just finish jang hyuk's early drama 'Thank you' with Gong hyo-Jin. Both of them are so good and natural. I will try watching the flu.

U guys must watch 'The client' - saw that many years ago. Highly recommended- May rewatch again while waiting for beautiful mind. Also Deep rooted tree- good 

@Gerry58 Yes I love Deep Rooted Tree too, though I didnt really like The Client due to the story (shall not reveal here so as not to spoil those who have not watched it yet). But you really should watch The Flu if you have not done so!

As for Suzy's new drama, that is also a KBS2's production, so it will not pose as a competition to Beautiful Mind since that will be airing on Wed / Thur timeslot. 

'Master of transformation' Kim Do Hyun to join the cast of Beautiful Mind. He is mainly a stage theater actor who ventured to TV recently and last acted in Jang Young Sil.

In Beautiful Mind, he will be acting as an assistant professor in the cardiology department, a good guy whom everyone in the hospital likes.

pp_28863_1.jpg

Source : http://www.widecoverage.co.kr/news/article.html?no=28863

@Prettysup- thanks, another great actor added. So happy with the cast :)

I remember his face, saw him in one long historical drama King G,  very good acting- wow he is known as master of transformation :wub:

Just finished The Flu- yes very good, thanks for the recommendation.

Jang hyuk very lucky to pair with Soo Ae- she is also a great actress. The child actress also very good. Enjoy this show- the scenario can happen in real life eg sars or a serious virus attack. Scary how people become selfish and panicky, rushing to grab food at supermarket. 

Looks like I also will check him out

@Prettysup- wow Park Shin Yang is another busy actor. I read some people not keen in extra 4 episodes for Neighbourhood Lawyer- afraid the storyline will get draggy.

Now just wait for Kbs to make decision whether to change actress cos I don't think psd's problem will be solve so easily.

Hope bm don't delay- not fair to the actors who signed up

Archived