[Drama 2016] Beautiful Mind 뷰티풀 마인드

Prettysup

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@missauditor It seems that the broadcast of Cinderella is going to be delayed since its scripts are not completed yet in spite of it being a pre-produced drama. Anyway there is no way BM and Cinderella are going to be in competing time slots becoz the rivals for BM are already confirmed to be Doctors (SBS) and Monster (MBC), so I dont understand what they are harping about at all.

10 hours ago, Gerry58 said:

Just read the latest from hancinema (sorry don't know how to post here) - Kbs say will change actress if she is not available end of the month

Yeah here is the article:

Park So-dam's issue with production VS broadcasting VS management

What went wrong? Actress Park So-dam, who is about to star in the new KBS 2TV drama "Beautiful Mind", has brought along a lot of static with her. Park So-dam is starring in another pre-produced drama called "Cinderella and the Four Knights", but now that it's likely that the two dramas will overlap, her morals are being questioned. Park So-dam, KBS and HB Entertainment are coming forth with different statements.

- HB Entertainment, "We believe the lead actress will take full responsibility".

When the "Cinderella and the Four Knights" production company heard about Park So-dam's appearance in another drama, it was April. That was when "Cinderella and the Four Knights" was in the making. HB is currently in discussion to bring out "Cinderella and the Four Knights" in early July.

Since "Beautiful Mind" is starting on June 20, Park So-dam could be in two dramas at the same time and the two dramas could overlap. The problem is, if the "Cinderella and the Four Knights" actress happens to star in another drama that starts first, then what broadcasting station would give space to a pre-produced drama?

HB claims Park So-dam took the offer to another drama that could overlap with this one without notification. HB says, "The making was planned from the end of May to early June. As an actress, we believe she will take full responsibility for the making, promotions and broadcasting".

- KBS "We will change actress if this becomes a problem"

KBS claims they are contemplating whether or not to keep Park So-dam. The result may depend on how the situation flows. According to the 'drama status report' released by media, the lead actress for "Beautiful Mind" is Park So-dam. However, she wasn't there for the script reading and teaser making.

KBS explained that the reason for casting Park So-dam in such circumstances was because she was fit for the role. However, as the situation keeps building up tension, the drama department announced: "After we received news that it was difficult to organize a time frame for "Cinderella and the Four Knights", we discussed whether or not Park So-dam would be in it. If we set a date for "Cinderella and the Four Knights" by the end of the month, we will change the lead actress. However, if that's not the case, then we will continue as planned".

- Park So-dam, "Cinderella comes first"

Park So-dam's management also claims that although they got an offer from "Beautiful Mind","Cinderella" comes first. If the two dramas happen to overlap, they will follow ethics and give up "Beautiful Mind".

The management knows that the "Cinderella" production is making effort for a slot and is waiting for this to be settled. If the dramas overlap even one episode, they can't have Park So-dam in "Beautiful Mind". They want Park So-dam to do her best in "Cinderella and the Four Knights".

photo722292.jpg

Source:

http://www.hancinema.net/park-so-dam-s-issue-with-production-vs-broadcasting-vs-management-94405.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

JH really cleaned up well. Even more good looking with that clean cut do. If that is his IG account, I'm glad he posts in English.

I hope PSD  won't get 'judged' over this controversy now they are talking about ethics and morals. The poor girl is only following what her managing company told her to do. I'm still hoping that she will be the lead actress.

Because of the delay in the filming of “Cinderella and the 4 knights”, its production company HB entertainment claims that it is unethical of Park So Dam to act in new KBS drama “Beautiful Mind” due to the fear of conflicts between the 2 shows’ broadcasting schedules.

Today, Park So Dam’s management agency said that they have submitted their case to the Korean Entertainment Management Association to decide over the case, and hope that a fair result can be obtained.

2016051301000906700062481.jpg

Source : 

http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201605130100090670006248&ServiceDate=20160512

@standingtallyy- yes I am following jang hyuk's IG- he is so nice to post in English for his international fans. Can't wait for him to come back, then we will see things moving. 

Was wondering why Cinderella and the 4 Knights didn't first get a time slot before filming? If they did, then won't have this happening. Hope they faster resolve this

Psd is cute, her acting is still better than some idols

Park So Dam : Appeal to Korean Entertainment Management Association to settle dispute, will follow their decision:

Netizens' comments:

[+2679, -35] They only know how to blame the innocent actors

[+1632, -32] The actors are not at fault at all

[+1177, -21] Journalists please do not point fingers

[+874, -23] Who is the accuser?

[+677, -23] We need to listen to both sides of the story

[+199, -13] They did not do a good job and cause a delay in the schedule, yet instead of apologizing to the actors, now they are blaming them… there is a limit to such unjust actions!

[+181, -14] HB is really making a fool of themselves, just because they could not get a timeslot now they are not allowing the actors to move on?

[+137, -10] The actors are not at fault at all, its entirely a witch hunt

[+121, -9] What fault is this of Park So Dam?

[+114, -10] How would the actors know such things? You hit a glitch during filming, now you are accusing them of their ethics

[+98, -7] HB is really weird, this was originally scheduled to end in April. Because of the delay, do they expect the actors not to take on other jobs for one year? You do not even know when yours can be completed, and yet you expect the actors to keep on waiting, this type of production company is really a burden for the actors

htm_20160512105613563391_99_201605121106

Source : 

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=241&aid=0002557184

Now it's been lodged to KEMA for mediation, I guess, the role for Beautiful Mind will be offered to another actress..Decision may take a good few weeks. This exactly what happened with Park Seyoung, she basically vanished from the face of the earth, though her dispute was with her then agency. PSD's activities will most likely freeze too because this is from another production company. I hope things will work on PSD's favor.

Was wondering whether PSD can sue HB ent for not completing the drama on time, thereby depriving her of taking another project? 

Hope they solve this fast- ha ha should make a drama out of this 

I personally can understand why the production company is upset. I think the actress depends on her agency to ensure there is no conflict. I'm not in the filming industry, but even I know that there are usually delays and the lead characters have more air time, thus more filming time and retakes.  I've also seen secondary actors appear in two dramas at the same time.....which is possible because they have less screen time.  I don't know this actress, but I'm looking forward to seeing her in this drama.

I do hope that she doesn't appear too young next to Jang Hyuk--he's among a small group of male actors for me that look like manly men.....which I love.  The age gap worked in the drama My Spring Days and with Jang Hyuk good looks I'm sure it will work here too.

@Prettysup I can only speak for Park Seyoung's case, it took nearly 8 months.I remembered the press realease came out late October 2014 but it was already lodged by Seyoung & her ex-agency for mediation. Then the result of that came out around May 2015 on Seyoung's favor. Few weeks later she signed up with Hunus Entertainment. In that period after her then drama Glorious Days ended in October, the next time she appeared was during the VIP screening of her movie with Kang In Cat Funeral in January 2015, then nothing again until after the decision was announced. All her social media accounts were closed too.

So it won't be surprising if this will be the case for Park Sodam. But, who knows it might not be, different circumstances may have quicker resolution.

48 minutes ago, Gerry58 said:

Was wondering whether PSD can sue HB ent for not completing the drama on time, thereby depriving her of taking another project? 

Hope they solve this fast- ha ha should make a drama out of this 

Couldn't agree more @Gerry58. It is turning into a real drama now...

I am also watching for jang hyuk, park Seyoung, YHM and the rest.

Don't know psd - so I went to watch her movie The Priest and her drama Because it is the first time. 

Maybe there should be some protection for actors- they cannot work continuously, must take a break before starting another project. I read recently the actor Goo Soo had to go hospital cos he overwork 

@Gerry58 Yeah things are getting so dramatic here, hope they can settle it soon

@standingtallyy If they cannot settle this fast then we will have to get a new lead actress soon. I hope KBS already has a backup plan in mind.

@lclarakl Actually the other drama was supposed to finish in April, and now it is more than a month's delay. I guess this is too long even by the normal filming standards?

Aww I feel for PSD. As you can tell from previous post I like this up coming star she's got potential. I wouldn't want k-netz to judge  her. Not her fault but mngt. I hope she doesnt get replace because of this 'overlap' mess. Thanks for updates. Still gonna watch this.

JH... Loves!  The Ins pic :wub:

Archived