Genre : Mystery, Medical, Melodrama

Episodes : 14

Broadcast period : 2016-Jun-20 to 2016-Aug-02,  Monday & Tuesday 22:00

Director : Mo Wan Il 

[Sirius, Dream High 2, Smile Dong Hae]

Writer : Kim Tae Hee 

[Sungkyunkwan Scandal,That Person Is Coming, Great Inheritance]

About the Show :

A genius neurosurgeon Lee Young Oh (Jang Hyuk) is not able to feel empathy. He has extremely good deduction and logical abilities, but is cold towards his colleagues and patients. Until one day he finds himself involved in the mysterious deaths of his patients, and starts to feel love and regain his humanity. 

Cast of Characters :

cast01_1.jpg
Jang Hyuk as Lee Young Oh, 36 years old assistant professor at the department of neurosurgery in Hyun Sung Hospital (Soompi thread)

cast02_1.jpg
Park So Dam as Gye Jin Sung, 26 years old traffic policewoman (Soompi thread)

cast03__1.jpg
Yoon Hyun Min as Hyun Suk Joo, 36 years old assistant professor in department of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery

cast04_1.jpg
Park Se Young as Kim MIn Jae, 34 years old senior research fellow in department of neurosurgery (Soompi thread)

cast05_1.jpg
Heo Joon Ho as Lee Gun Myung, 58 years old head of cardio cerebrovascular center 

cast09_1.jpg
Oh Jung Se as Kang Hyun Joon, 38 years old director of the Hyun Sung Hospital Foundation

cast10_1.jpg
Ryu Seong Soo as Kim Myung Soo, 40 years old three term assemblyman and aspiring presidential candidate

cast08_1.jpg
Lee Jae Ryong as Chae Soon Ho, 52 years old assistant manager for planning and co-ordination

cast06_1.jpg
Kim Jong Soo as Shin Dong Jae, 58 years old director of Hyunsung Hospital

01_1.jpg
Min Sun Wook as So Ji Yong, late 30s doctor in department of neurosurgery

15_3.jpg
Gong Hyung Jin as No Seung Chan, 40 years old detective  

06_1.jpg
Shim Yi Young as Kim Yoon Kyung, late 30s doctor in department of anesthesiology 

12_1.jpg
Ha Jae Sook as Jang Moon Kyung, mid 30s nurse

02_1.jpg
Kim Do Hyun as Kwon Duk Joong, late 30s associate professor in department of cardiology

08_1.jpg
Kim Hyung Kyu (Dongha) as Yang Sung Eun, 29 years old third year resident

19_1.jpg
Jun Sung Woo as Hong Kyung Soo, early 30s fellow in department of anesthesiology

14_1.jpg
Chang Ki Yong as Nam Ho Young, late 20s nurse

13_1.jpg
Mo Ri U as Lee Hye Joo, late 20s nurse

05_1.jpg
Jung Moon Sung as Hwang Jeong Hwan, late 30s associate professor in department of radiology

04_1.jpg
Jo Jae Wan as Oh Kyung Jin, late 30s doctor in department of neurosurgery

03_1.jpg
Lee Sung Wook as Yoo Jang Bae, late 30s doctor in department of neurology

11_1.jpg
Woo Jung Kook as Lee Kwang Bok, mid 30s nurse

09_1.jpg
Lee Si Won as Lee Shi Hyun, 29 years old third year resident

18_1.jpg
Yeon Je Wook as Song Gi Ho, 32 years old research fellow in department of thoracic surgery

16_1.jpg
Jung Hee Tae as Park Soo Beom, early 40s police in traffic division

17_1.jpg
Kim Hyun Sook as secretary of hospital's director

External sites : 

Official KBS website

Michykdrama's medicaps (an expert's explanations of medical terms in this drama)

Dramajjang episodes analysis

Kjtamuser Blog episodes recaps

Dramabeans recaps

Kdramadreamer episodes recaps

Asianwiki

Wikipedia

Viki

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Hyuk and Park So Dam are considering to star as the leads in this drama.

2016041309253444205_1.jpg

Credit : http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=19881662&ctg=1502&tm=i_ntr_c011

Actors Kim Soo Hyun, Yoo Ah In, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Jee Hoon and Choi Jin Hyuk had supposedly been courted previously to star in this drama but declined, before the role eventually went to Jang Hyuk. Although it had been later clarified that the latter two had not been courted

@Prettysup is this confirmed? Aww Park So Damn.. she's like  up and coming star ( I always say she's like female ver. of Ji Soo) though she's like 23. And of course JH! at least he's not gonna be in a costume! YES! COUNT ME IN!  So this will compete with DOCTORS of SBS? Whew. Ji Soo and then PSD in the other drama..Like!

For those who's not familiar with PSD.. you gotta watch her in Because  It's The First Time.. you will love her charming endearing, funny sweet character.. and she's got acting skills. Of course.. she's also been in a lot of films! recently in the scary fim.. she had long hair back then. Gosh I forgot but it's with kdw.

8 hours ago, jongski said:

@Prettysup is this confirmed?

When the news first came out yesterday, it was reported as confirmed, but then later JH and PSD's reps confirmed that they are still considering. I would think that the likelihood of JH accepting this role is pretty great, seeing that he had been 'considering' for more than a week already, and this show is slated to premiere in early June! Only problem is JH is currently filming a drama in China now which is supposed to end only in May/June, so I am not sure how he is going to get around the scheduling conflict.

Will update once more news is available. 

Apparently KBS has decided to telecast a 4 episode drama after Neighbourhood Lawyer ends. Which means this drama will premiere on Jun 20th instead. I guess this makes the possibility of JH and PSD accepting this drama greater since both are currently tied up with other projects. 

Source : http://isplus.joins.com/article/249/19890249.html

Oh 20th of June .. that's the premiere of SBS Doctors. So two  medical dramas.

Can I just say I'm excited for thisone!  The story it just sounds better than Doctors.  But of course BRAIN will always, always be favorite.

Anyway... for female lead. But just thinking about it now....  I know who I really really really really wanna see and it's Park Bo Young. Oh please make it happen dramgods. I love that actress to the moon and back. My fav!  excellent actress!

On 4/15/2016 at 2:30 PM, jongski said:

Oh wow... there's a script already. Between this and Doctors.. I think I'll give edge to this...

@Prettysup. PSD confirmed?

So far both leads are still "çonsidering" but i think the chance is rather high. We should get some confirmation news by this week, hopefully.

Jang Hyuk, don't you ever need to rest?

After finishing a drama, actors usually have a break of 1-2 years before appearing in a new work. But the hardworking Jang Hyuk will be meeting the viewers again in new KBS drama “Beautiful Mind” in June, which will be his return to Korean drama just 3 months after “The Merchant, Gaekju 2015”. Before that, he acted in MBC drama “Shine or go crazy” which was also just 4 months after “Fated to love you” ended.

In recent years, Jang Hyuk has been appearing as a lead in all 3 Korean big TV stations, showing his acting skills in different genres such as drama, comedies, action and romance. According to the production crew, Jang Hyuk’s acting skills ensure a guarantee for viewership ratings, hence he is always a first consideration for many productions.

“Beautiful Mind” is written by the writer of “Sungkyunkwan Scandal”, and it will follow a 4-part drama airing after “Neighbourhood Lawyer”. Slated to be telecast in June, filming will being on 1st May.

77675089.2.jpg

Source : http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20160419/77674786/3

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • jeijei locked and unlocked this topic

Woohoo finally we have confirmed casting news for this drama! 

Jang Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min and Park Se Young have been confirmed to star in this drama, though the female lead has not been confirmed yet. Jang Hyuk acts as a brilliant neurosurgeon with zero empathy due to a frontal lobe brain injury. Yoon Hyun Min acts as a villain here, while Park Se Young acts as a neurologist researcher.

20160426090207761.jpg

Credit : http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11221505

Jang Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min, and Park Se Young Confirmed for New Medical Drama

Actors Jang Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min, and Park Se Young have been confirmed to star in KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Beautiful Mind” (working title).

On April 26, an affiliate of the drama industry stated, “Jang Hyuk, Yoon Hyun Min, and Park Se Young have been confirmed to appear on ‘Beautiful Mind’ and they will attend the first script reading on April 28.”

However, the female lead has not been decided yet. Actress Park So Dam was previously courted to play it, but she hasn’t accepted the offer yet. It is possible that the first script reading will go on without her.

In the drama, Jang Hyuk will be playing Young Oh, a genius neurosurgeon who has no sympathy whatsoever. However, when he starts noticing that his patients are dying in strange ways and he starts loving someone, he slowly grows to become a better person.

Yoon Hyun Min’s character is the complete opposite of Jang Hyuk’s character. He will be playing Hyun Suk Joo, a fellow neurosurgeon who has a lot of compassion towards his patients and is a trustworthy being for all of his friends. As you can see, Yoon Hyun Min and Jang Hyuk will be playing parallel characters.

Park Se Young will play Kim Min Jae, a colleague in the department of neurology in Hyun Sung Hospital. She graduated from a different university than her colleagues, but she is an intelligent and beautiful doctor who earned her name as the best doctor in Hyun Sung Hospital.

“Beautiful Mind” will start filming soon, and it will air in June after “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho” finishes its run.

jang-hyuk-yoon-hyun-min-park-se-young-80

Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/25/jang-hyuk-yoon-hyun-min-and-park-se-young-confirmed-for-new-medical-drama/

"Beautiful Mind| vs "Doctors", the battle between doctors in June :

20160426_1461634019_61546900_1.jpg

Netizens comments:

[+723 -20] .. Need to see the scripwirters' abilities

[+505 -17] Both the scriptwriter and director are important in a medical drama.. hopefully thel medical information portrayed will be professional and logical

[+461 -19] Even though both are medical dramas, their stories are quite different, one is about how the female lead grows, the other is about how a mysterious male lead grow. Both seem interesting and refreshing.

[+390 -23] The scriptwriters and directors' abilities are very important, both are different, each has its attractions

[+273 -8] Please do not film another rubbish medical drama like D-day

Archived