[Drama 2016] Second To Last Love 끝에서 두번째 사랑

mysignisflower

I hope no one have yet posted this article.

Kwak Shi-yang to romance Kim Hee-ae in Second to Last Love

by girlfriday | June 6, 2016 | 10 Comments

KwakShiYang1.jpg

After romancing Yoo Ah-in in Secret Love Affair, it’s not even shocking anymore that Kim Hee-ae (Mrs. Cop) is getting a twentysomething love interest in her new drama, SBS’sSecond to Last Love. Up-and-coming supporting actor Kwak Shi-yang (Mirror of the Witch) is up for the role, and is in final negotiations to sign on. Now that it’s clear that this role is a second lead who gets a loveline with the heroine, I’m glad that Yoon Doo-joon didn’t take the offer; he would’ve been fine in the part, but I would’ve been too sad about him not having a romance with Kim Seul-gi (Oh My Ghostess).

The new SBS weekend series is a remake of a Japanese drama of the same name, and stars Kim Hee-ae and Ji Jin-hee (I Have a Lover) in a story about fortysomethings experiencing a second adolescence. Kim Hee-ae plays a television producer who wishes for something to happen in her life, and she’ll meet and fall in love with Ji Jin-hee, a civil servant in a small town who wishes for nothing to happen in his life. Kim Seul-gi has signed on to play Ji Jin-hee’s little sister, a webtoon writer, and Lee Soo-min (She’s So Lovable) has been cast as his daughter.

Kwak Shi-yang will play a friend of the family who thinks of Ji Jin-hee as his hyung, and he’ll end up falling for Kim Hee-ae when she constantly comes around to bicker with Ji Jin-hee. Poor puppy. Kwak Shi-yang will also have an ex-girlfriend complicating matters, played by Stephanie Lee (Yong-pal).

The casting seems pretty final, and Kwak is due to go straight from the set of his current drama Mirror of the Witch to this one. From Kim Sae-ron to Kim Hee-ae—that’s quite the jump. But he also had a noona romance on We Got Married with Kim So-yeon, so I think he’s got it covered. I’m glad to see him landing bigger parts and steadily building up his resume, since he’s a promising actor who makes the most of his roles, big or small.

Second to Last Love comes from the PD of High Society and the writer of Emergency Couple, and it’ll air on Saturdays and Sundays following Beautiful Gong Shim in July.

Via IS Plus, Osen

cr. dramabeans

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New TV series portrays mature love with humor

By Lee Haye-ah

SEOUL, July 27 (Yonhap) -- To the many men and women wondering if they still have a chance at love, the new TV drama "Second to Last Love" will say, "Yes. And it won't be your last."

In the upcoming SBS series, successful TV drama producer Kang Min-joo (Kim Hee-ae) moves to the countryside to be with herself in the early stages of menopause. There, she meets local civil servant Go Sang-sik (Ji Jin-hee), whose main concern is to do his job within the boundaries of common sense. Both are 46 years old and both have all but given up on love.

The feisty Kang tells herself her last love may have passed her by without her knowing it, while the sincere widower Go is too busy tending to the needs of his teenage daughter and family, as well as the local residents.

"I wanted to offer some comfort to our mothers and fathers who make up the core generation of our society," said Choi Yoon-jeong, the drama's screenwriter, during a press conference promoting the series at SBS headquarters in western Seoul. "I would like many people to enjoy it, regardless of their age."

Spoiler

The cast of "Second to Last Love" pose for a photo during a press conference promoting the drama at SBS headquarters in Seoul on July 27, 2016. (Yonhap)

The cast of "Second to Last Love" pose for a photo during a press conference promoting the drama at SBS headquarters in Seoul on July 27, 2016. (Yonhap)

The drama is loosely based on the Japanese TV series of the same name, but unlike the original version, "Second to Last Love" is expected to be a quick-paced rom-com with plenty of humor.

Beyond the laughs, the series also aims to give viewers a chance to look back on life, according to its producer Choi Young-hoon.

"I heard that native Americans, when they ride across vast plains, take a moment to look back to check that their souls are keeping up with them," he said. "I wanted to talk about self-reflection and taking time to look back with the adults of our time who have come this far focusing only on moving forward."

Joining the producer and screenwriter on the stage, Kim, a veteran actress who most recently starred in the 2015 SBS drama "Mrs. Cop," said she thinks the drama will strike a chord with all generations. To the younger generations, it could offer a glimpse of what's in store later in their lives.

She also said the drama turned out to be much more action-packed than she expected.

"The bungee jumping scene was the most memorable," she said. "I didn't actually jump, but I had to be (on the jumping platform) for four hours. It was really tough."

In the scene where she fell into the water, Kim said she struggled till midnight to get it right.

"But it's cool. It's not everyday someone my age gets to film underwater," the actress said good-humoredly.

Ji, who is best known to foreigners for his role as the male protagonist in the period drama "Daejanggeum," was certainly not excluded from the "action" as he broke his nose during a scene where he was punched in the face.

"I had it put back in place and it's healing," he said, adding nonchalantly, "It does start bleeding if I sneeze too hard."

On love, the actor shared the lessons he learned with the coming of age.

"In my 20s, I thought that was everything. I only had to think about myself," he said. "Now, it's different. There's family, friends, and if you have a lover, he or she has family, too. These are some of the things we'll show (through the drama)."

The weekend series will premiere at 9:55 p.m. on Saturday.

Spoiler

Ji Jin-hee (L) and Kim Hee-ae pose for a photo during a press conference promoting their drama "Second to Last Love" at SBS headquarters in Seoul on July 27, 2016. (Yonhap)

Ji Jin-hee (L) and Kim Hee-ae pose for a photo during a press conference promoting their drama "Second to Last Love" at SBS headquarters in Seoul on July 27, 2016. (Yonhap)

hague@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/07/27/0701000000AEN20160727010000315.html

Ji Jin-hee  new drama ...i think i might add it to my list!

‘The Second Last Love’ Holds Production Conference

xe4hr2o2js8ez54u0ks96zpz62kwwnck.jpg
[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] Drama ‘The Second Last Love’ had a production conference at SBS Building in Mok-dong, Seoul on July 27.

‘The Second Last Love’ is a healing romance drama drawing a story of Go Sang Shik and Kang Min Joo that will show love and lives of the forties. Ji Jin Hee, Kim Hee Ae, Kim Seul Gi, Kwak Si Yang and others will feature in it.

Meanwhile, ‘The Second Last Love’ will air its first episode on July 30. (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=31535

hello everyone :) 

i'm malinda, I like JJH since his role on jang geum and i really like to see you all here to follow the new drama of him, 

did anyone know about the episode today? i'm really curious about the subtitle 

Guest AlexMao

I'll say the ending of episode one was a bit anti-climatic honestly. You have some wet behind the ear jr. government worker trying to push a bungee jumping tourist thing and the more level headed sr. government worker finds that one thing that would make anyone say nope, not gonna jump from this place (or any other) and low and behold the unthinkable happens. Now I've not seen episode two yet but the show does have its bits and bobs that make it interesting enough the bickering "odd couple" got either a little too heavy handed or felt a bit dragging.

As a note I've not seen the original Japanese drama so I'm not making comparisons here just an observation. 

Archived