[Drama 2016] Second To Last Love 끝에서 두번째 사랑

mysignisflower

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@quockhanh45 If they follow the original, we won't have the usual Kdrama love triangle, and Kwak Si Yang won't be our usual Kdrama 2nd lead - and that noona romance won't be exactly one-sided (I sometimes doubt that they will, as Korean society seems a little more conservative than the Japanese one).

& @irilight

Again, if they follow the original,

Ji Jin Hee, Kwak Si Yang, and Kim Seul Gi should be siblings (I wonder if they've kept the elder sister also), while Lee Soo Min should be Ji Jin Hee's daughter, that is Kwak Si Yang's niece. I think the 2nd trailer confirms this assumption, when whom I suppose to be Lee Soo Min asks Kwak Si Yang: "Uncle, is she your girlfriend?" and he answers "It just happened that way" or something like that

:) . I am waiting for the next trailer to see if Stephanie Lee is Ji Jin Hee's co-worker - I feel like that would be a totaly new role for her - or Kim Hee Ae's co-worker. 

8 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

@quockhanh45 If they follow the original, we won't have the usual Kdrama love triangle, and Kwak Si Yang won't be our usual Kdrama 2nd lead - and that noona romance won't be exactly one-sided (I sometimes doubt that they will, as Korean society seems a little more conservative than the Japanese one).

& @irilight

Again, if they follow the original,

Reveal hidden contents

Ji Jin Hee, Kwak Si Yang, and Kim Seul Gi should be siblings (I wonder if they've kept the elder sister also), while Lee Soo Min should be Ji Jin Hee's daughter, that is Kwak Si Yang's niece. I think the 2nd trailer confirms this assumption, when whom I suppose to be Lee Soo Min asks Kwak Si Yang: "Uncle, is she your girlfriend?" and he answers "It just happened that way" or something like that

:) . I am waiting for the next trailer to see if Stephanie Lee is Ji Jin Hee's co-worker - I feel like that would be a totaly new role for her - or Kim Hee Ae's co-worker. 

@Hannahmiriam, thank you for your insights.

I have not watched the original. Good to know...

oh dear. Looks like Ji Jin Hee's injury was pretty severe. Wishing him well and speedy recovery.

Ji Jin Hee’s New SBS Drama Delays Premiere Following His Injury On Set

Ji Jin Hee’s New SBS Drama Delays Premiere Following His Injury On Set

After actor Ji Jin Hee was injured on set, SBS has postponed the premiere of their upcoming drama “Second to Last Love” (working title).

The first episode of this new drama was originally scheduled to air on July 23. However, star Ji Jin Hee recently sustained an injury to his nose during an action scene, when he was reportedly punched in the face by a fellow actor. The production team has decided to delay the show’s first episode until July 30 while he recovers from surgery on his nose.

A representative from SBS’s drama department says, “We are doing our best to make an even better quality drama for viewers considering that the show has been delayed for a week. Please look forward to it.”

“Second to Last Love” also stars Kim Hee Ae, Stephanie Lee, Kim Seul Gi, Lee Soo Min, and more.

source

If Kwak Si Yang, Ji Jin Hee, and Kim Seul Gi are siblings then Kwak Si Yang can't be with Lee Soo Min since Lee Soo Min plays as Ko Ye Ji, Ji Jin Hee as Ko Sang Sik, and Kim Seul Gi as Ko Mi Ryeo. That three are family because they have same surname. So is there any information about Kwak SI Yang character? I wonder if he is a 'Ko' too. 

@DreamCatcher2011 I think DeamaWiki has just answered some of our questions.

Kwak Si Yang plays 35 years old Park Jun Woo, so he isn't JJH's brother. I was actually wondering if the Korean version would stick to the original, as they seem to be more conservative and I doubted they would've paired the female lead with the male lead after she "romanced" his brother (and I'm not talking about one-sided love here).

It looks like they finished the cast:

Main Cast
  • Kim Hee Ae as Kang Min Joo (SBC Executive Producer, Drama Division team leader) (46)
  • Ji Jin Hee as Go Sang Sik (5th grade civil servant, manager of the Regional Tourism Division) (46)
  • Kwak Shi Yang as Park Jun Woo (owner of the Healing Cafe) (35)
Go Sang Sik's family
  • Kim Seul Gi as Go Mi Rye (Go Sang Sik's youngest sister, webtoon writer) (35)
  • Jung Soo Young as Go Sang Hui (Go Sang Sik's younger sister, stay-at-home mom) (42)
  • Lee Soo Min (이수민) as Go Ye Ji (Go Sang Sik's daughter) (15)
  • Lee Hyung Chul as Park Cheon Soo (Go Sang Sik's brother-in-law, Go Sang Hui's husband, math teacher) (45)
  • Hong Tae Ui (홍태의) as Park Hoon (Go Sang Sik's nephew, Go Sang Hui and Park Cheon Soo's son) (18)
  • Sung Ji Roo as DokGo Bong (pub owner) (62)
  • Stephanie Lee as Min Ji Seon (Canadian-born model) (29)
Kang Min Joo's friends
Government
  • Moon Hee Kyung as Na Choon Woo (deputy mayor) (55)
  • Kim Kwon (김권) as Cha Soo Hyeok (7th grade civil servant, part of the Regional Turism Division) (35)
  • Go Bo Kyul (고보결) as Han Song Yi (contract employee, part of the Regional Tourism Division) (28)
  • Mi Sang as Sin Seok Gi (Director of the Economic and Cultural Division) (43)
SBC
  • Park Sung Geun (박성근) as Han Jeong Sik (Executive Producer, Drama Division 2 team leader) (49)
  • Yang Hyung Wook (양형욱) as Gook Yeong Soo (Head of the Drama Division) (52)
  • Lee Hye Eun as Oh Yeong Ae (Drama Division Production PD, Kang Min Joo's right hand "person") (43)
  • Jang Suk Hyun as Nam Ki Cheol (assistant director, Kang Min Joo's left hand man) (35)
  • Han Soo Jin (한수진) as Na Ae Ri (new drama writer) (33)

Credit: DramaWiki & Wikipedia

My next questions are:

Will Kim Seul Gi's character reflect the one in the Japanese version, or that would also be too much for a Korean drama?

Why did Lee Soo Min's character ask Kwak Si Yang's character if "ajumma from the ... house is uncle's girlfriend" and he answered that it "turned out/happened that way"? Does he play Park Jun Woo, aunt's brother-in-law (Park Cheon Soo's brother)? But would he still be "samchon"? Wouldn't the term be different? Or she calls him samchon (general) because he is a distant uncle, not father's younger brother (sukbu/jageun aboji)...

@Hannahmiriam LOL. I just update it on dramawiki. I translate from Korean wiki because both Koreandrama and Asianwiki don't inclued it.(And now Koreandrama copy and paste without any edit) My English skill so bad and in my language, grandchild = newphew. I stills not sure if Park Jun Woo or Jun Woo Park. Who can help me?

@quockhanh45 Thank you for translating it for us lazy "fans". I've edited my post so it reflects the information I could understand from Wikipedia (in my language we also have the same word for grandson and nephew, so I totally understand it). By the way, Kwak Si Yank's name is Park Jun Woo.

As I obviously couldn't understand everything, I've also used google translate and LOLed at Sang Sik's name. I know many of you have noticed it already, but maybe there are some who haven't. It seems Sang Sik means "common sense". 

19 hours ago, irilight said:

Thank you for the great news, @Kehinde

@jadecloud, it happened for this one!

@irilight Yes it did. Awesome! I hope it will soon for the other one that we're both crossing our fingers for :)

And oh no, JJH's nose accident is worse than originally reported. Wonder if there has been complications post-surgery. Hope JJH will fully recover quickly. Apparently, he has gone back to work on the 20th. JJH-ssi, Fighting!

9 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

....Park Jun Woo or Jun Woo Park. Who can help me?

It is Park Jun Woo. Park박 is the last name, followed by regular name of Jun Woo준우.

July 25, 2016

I just found out about this drama today!  Eager to watch it.  I agree with @jadecloud that I also need to "purge" my mental image of JJH as the character Jin Eon in IHAL. I followed IHAL on Soompi forum  and was deeply invested in the story and all the actors/characters!

To @jongski, I offer a word of advice before marathoning IHAL --- the first 9 episodes, the "back story" of the main couple, are very difficult and emotionally painful to watch.  Some people couldn't take it!  So many were advised by forum members to begin with Episode 10! And look back later, if they wished to do so. Actress Kim Hyun-joo won awards and praise for her uncanny portrayal of as many as 4 different aspects of the main character in her transitions over approx. 5 years!   Once past the first 9 episodes, it is an amazing drama!  

Thank you, @irilight, for cluing me in to the original jdrama on Viki --- Only 12 episodes?  GREAT!  I'll watch it (& season 2) right now!

PS:... I haven't been up to following a Soompi forum since IHAL.  But with JJH  and KHA (Secret Love Affair & Mrs. Cop), I am in!   ( I have only read Page 1 here so far!  Now on to Viki!)

July 25, 2016

@jongski --- To clarify why it makes some sense to skip first 9 episodes of IHAL.    Episode 1 begins as the lead character, Hae Gang, heads to the airport to go to China, abruptly turns back toward Seoul, only to become the victim of an attempt on her life ---The "big white truck of death" runs her off the road, down an embankment!  She survives, BUT suffers total amnesia!

Episode 10 begins with Hae Gang starting her next 4 or 5 years of life "Post-amnesia"!  Mistaken for another woman whose identity card she had for some unknown reason.  Also, the first completely different personality change she undergoes!

PS:... I am enjoying the jdrama now on Viki!

Waves to @hibiscus23, @drmjs   waving smiley

@quockhanh45, thank you for the translations and the character chart, and thank you and @mysignisflower for the poster. I love it.

@jongski, I second @drmjs recommendation about starting IHAL from ep. 11.

Spoiler

You can look at Ninja Reflection ep. 1-10 catch up, to help you understand what happened.  Later you can get back to it.

http://www.ninjareflection.com/2015/10/i-have-lover-episode-1-10-catch-up.html

Kim Seul-Gi filming

CoQyI2QVMAAYKUC.jpg

CoQyI2GUAAEH97-.jpg

Archived