Quantcast
Le_Sanguinea

[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

On 8/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, Ddongddong said:

I was recently watching We get marry, and I noticed that [Runaway] is a count of all the moments with solar until the dress that they used in the date, the costumes. could someone do the shopping on the shots.  and solar is reliving the mementos going to places that have been with eric like JeJu Island. and many more places. sorry for my english.

I was recently watching We get marry, and I noticed that [Runaway] is a count of all the moments with solar until the dress that they used in the dates, the costumes. could someone do the shopping on the shots.  and solar is reliving the mementos going to places that have been with eric like JeJu Island. and many more places

Sorry for not updating this thread in a while.. I wasnt sure if many still read this thread. 

Eric was recently interviewed on Grace Helbigs podcast, Not Too Deep where he was asked about wgm (at about 16:30)

He spoke quite fondly of solar, saying that "they met, got to become good friends and the rest is history". I'm not sure what he meant by "the rest is history" part. It sounds like there was an continuation of something. But it's lovely to hear from him that they did actually become good friends and were not just colleagues. He also said that mamamoo were "4 very ferocious women".

Moos on twitter were really happy about this, it was like an eric nam appreciation party for a while. I also noticed that eric became quite active on twitter (which he hasn't been in the weeks prior) during this time so likely saw all the love moos were directing his way. I'd like to think he was really happy seeing this. He specifically said "nam nation" were making him feel loved during this time but his tag at the time was filled with moos acknowledging and appreciating eric. This is kind of a shot in the dark - but eric could've been referring to the love from moos since moos threw him alot of hate before and he was almost a taboo subject amongst moomoos. I'd imagine it to be a relief to him that moos seemed to finally be on his side. 

Another thing we picked up from the grace helbig podcast is his answer to "what's the sweetest thing a girl has done for you". (At about 46:45). His response was "It's just...I cant talk about it" and he later clarified that it "was just nice surprises here and there. Like COMPLETELY unexpected" when grace alluded that it was something scandalous. The usually calm and collected eric nam, who is very good at talking, suddenly became very flustered lol. I suspect he was thinking about the 200th day event solar did for him at the airport. Especially since they had mentioned wgm already, and that was already on his mind. And it definitely was something completely unexpected. 

When grace asked eric about wgm, she said "I've been asked to ask you this". Who asked her to? Lol. And with both the wgm and "sweetest thing a girl has done for you question" eric laughed and looked over to brian. I think brian/eric's team must've asked grace to ask him about wgm or approved of those questions to be asked. So his brothers and colleagues are still teasing him about a girl he was romantically associated with 3 years ago? It's a bit suspicious

On 6/26/2019 at 6:09 AM, vateyyy said:

Omg me too, I've been hoping for MMM to make a comeback and hear Eric talks about them in his podcast too, but seeing how they've been keeping everything about them very lowkey, I have a feeling he might not talk about them. But either way, I'm contented enough with them supporting each other privately too:blush:

Omgg, I went to watch the vlive after reading this and tried taking a screenshot of the blue band he was wearing and it really does look similar to the blue band on the instagram post @ddunddun20 shared:bawling: If Eric really did went to support them right after he came back from Japan, it really said a lot about how nice and supportive he is as a person and a friend:bawling:

Soooooo, i watched WGM again cause I'm missing the ddongie couple and this is the first time I learned about this thread.

You guuuyyysss!!!  IT'S A DRAGON FILTER! (unless it's a croc,  lol) Does it not ring a bell????

I believe that Eric is low key supporting solar. If you guys can remeber, before they met,  Eric saw a dragon plushie as a clue and yong means dragon in english. 

And if you follow Solar's youtube channel, she calls her followers yongwangnim which translates to dragon king hihi

They're probably just friends but i'm still rooting for them hihi :wub:

Edited by stroppyse
mod edit: Please do not quote images.
  • Like 1

Eric wore his wgm ring on 25th march this year. This was at Sooyoungs movie premiere for Memories of a Dead End. (Zoom in to the ring on his ring finger)
1VGQ7ZPLPZ_1.jpg

Cool, this thread is still alive. Hi guys. :D

Thanks to those guys still keeping tabs on them after all these years. I still pop by every now and then for random news. Keep it up! :)

@Le_Sanguinea Hi!

Some more "weird coincidences" that we've found. Arty (who collaborated with eric on "idea of you") has been commenting and liking ddongie posts on IG since 2017. If you go through the #ddongiecouple and #ericnamsolar tag on IG you'll see just how many he has liked and commented on. I thought this was really weird since he's an actual friend of eric's and not just a fan like us. His most recent comment was in February this year on this post:

I had a wild theory which I maybe will post up in detail a bit later. To summarise: if you consider when arty started/stopped commenting on posts and the types of songs eric was writing during those times, it corresponds to eric and solar having dated after wgm, breaking up at the end of 2017 and then getting back together around early-mid 2018.

It's a bit of a crazy theory, I know lol. But one things for sure, I genuinely think they are at least platonically close and that they are supporting eachother behind the scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Ddongddong - Thanks for the updates. If you want, you can PM me if you want to put certain updates on the front page. I thought soompi already disabled it after neglecting the thread for a couple fo years now. :)

I had a couple of DMs telling me that they found this couple through this forum, and I have couple of people iRL not related to me saying that they started watching WGM using Eric and Solar as their starting point. It's pretty cool! :D

Posted (edited)

@Ddongddong Thank you  so much for keeping us all updated!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:40 PM, Ddongddong said:

Another thing we picked up from the grace helbig podcast is his answer to "what's the sweetest thing a girl has done for you". (At about 46:45). His response was "It's just...I cant talk about it" and he later clarified that it "was just nice surprises here and there. Like COMPLETELY unexpected" when grace alluded that it was something scandalous. The usually calm and collected eric nam, who is very good at talking, suddenly became very flustered lol. I suspect he was thinking about the 200th day event solar did for him at the airport. Especially since they had mentioned wgm already, and that was already on his mind. And it definitely was something completely unexpected. 

Eric saying he can't talk about the sweetest thing a girl has done for him is incredibly suspicious. If he wasn't thinking about the 200th day event solar did, it makes me think that he's dating someone right now. Why else would you not be able to talk about something like that? The only other reason I can think of was that it was something scandalous but he quickly denied this. But the thing is, if he's dating something I definitely think it's solar because of Eddie's instagram post. Eddie got married recently and is clearly a righteous guy when it comes to relationships. The nam brothers are all very close and seem to respect eachother alot. If eric was dating someone else other than solar, I don't think eddie would've posted up that Instagram story. To tease your brother about a girl he was "married" to and clearly had some sort of feelings for before when he's dating someone else is kinda a crappy thing to do and something I doubt eddie would've done.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:30 AM, Ddongddong said:

Eric wore his wgm ring on 25th march this year. This was at Sooyoungs movie premiere for Memories of a Dead End. (Zoom in to the ring on his ring finger)

Wait... so he wore his wgm ring twice this year? So it definitely wasn't an accident when he wore his wgm ring at that vui event and it all was around the same time period (the vui event was also in march). Ok this is weird now. Why was eric suddenly wearing his wgm ring in march...

On 10/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, Ddongddong said:

@Le_Sanguinea Hi!

Some more "weird coincidences" that we've found. Arty (who collaborated with eric on "idea of you") has been commenting and liking ddongie posts on IG since 2017. If you go through the #ddongiecouple and #ericnamsolar tag on IG you'll see just how many he has liked and commented on. I thought this was really weird since he's an actual friend of eric's and not just a fan like us. His most recent comment was in February this year on this post:

I had a wild theory which I maybe will post up in detail a bit later. To summarise: if you consider when arty started/stopped commenting on posts and the types of songs eric was writing during those times, it corresponds to eric and solar having dated after wgm, breaking up at the end of 2017 and then getting back together around early-mid 2018.

It's a bit of a crazy theory, I know lol. But one things for sure, I genuinely think they are at least platonically close and that they are supporting eachother behind the scenes. 

This is even WEIRDER. WHAT IS GOING ON DDONGI COUPLE??? Arty stopped commenting on their posts in Feb and then eric starts wearing his wgm ring in march. Maybe he found out they were dating and stopped commenting in case they got caught or something. I look forward to hearing your detailed theory @Ddongddong:blush:. Thanks once again for all the updates you've revived my ddongi heart

On 10/3/2019 at 1:33 AM, Le_Sanguinea said:

I had a couple of DMs telling me that they found this couple through this forum, and I have couple of people iRL not related to me saying that they started watching WGM using Eric and Solar as their starting point. It's pretty cool! :D

People really discovered them through this thread that's so awesome! It seems like alot of people have only recently discovered them and are loving them. I hope we can keep this thread active!

Edited by stroppyse
Mod edit: Please do not quote images/videos.
  • Love 1