[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

@Farfalle OMG Thank you, I've been waiting for this! :heart: It was incredibly difficult for me to get it to play, but I did it somehow. Hope it works for chingus too.

I share some pics/gifs of my favorite moments here :D  (Spoiler Alert)

Spoiler

hvgq5yN.pnglFwzqmT.pngh2XZwie.png

VB0Ayeh.pngyfArVD4.png6NiW7C8.pngp8RmUdF.png

- - - - - - -

frwk3KxBb59ny.gif

:flushed:

rl4p2qNET3w3K.gif

Almost Neutrogena, almost...

sdYSTtWb5dFfO.gif  ByKsdTpF8j1D2.gif

9u0N4ElGEBPMY.gif qfxkIHQGbaJvG.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 11

@cinnaminskies Thank you for sharing! Your articles are always so detailed! I been rewatching the episodes you made comments on and I'm beginning to catch the little things that you mentioned. To me, even though I've seen the episodes before, it feels like I'm watching something new! :w00t:

@Le_Sanguinea I did some digging regarding the musics they've played during the Book Writing, hope these are what you are looking for. I've put them in the spoiler just so it won't take up to much space. Also, I not quite sure if posting this much links are allowed. If not please give me a heads up. Thx.:P

Spoiler

3. They used the inst. version in WGM

Here's the original version .

6. They used the inst. version in WGM, which I can't find on Youtube. But I manage to find it in Soundcloud.

Here's the original version

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Farfalle said:

@coldcucumber @gureentea I've seen that article too in DC gallery, but because the content is almost the same, I thought I'd do it if I have some time. Thanks for your info though, chingu! :) I'll do it if I have my hand on keyboard soon. Sorry because I can't provide fast translation lately :( 

-----

Ugh, sorry I haven't had some time to read your posts above properly including @cinnaminskies's article, but guess what. After many netizens demand for Ddongi couple's unreleased clips for the latest episode, HERE THEY ARE! Yeah, there are two of them! :D (Although I can't watch them right now... Sobs...)

[Unreleased clip] Ddongi couple, the rose of Sharon has blossomed!
http://imbbs.imbc.com/view.mbc?list_id=6605365&page=1&bid=wedding_svod

Reveal hidden contents

The translation of the video description:

During the autumn outing
Eric Nam ♥ Solar play 'The rose of Sharon has blossomed'!

Yoonddong, turns out he isn't a vocalist but a rapper?!
Two people who speak and run fast
Their rose of Sharon has blossomed!

Was the game originally this sweet and fun..? ♥

[Unreleased clip] Ddongi couple's chocolate advertising imitation which is sweeter than chocolate!
http://imbbs.imbc.com/view.mbc?list_id=6605364&page=1&bid=wedding_svod

Reveal hidden contents

The translation of the video description:

Ddongi couple who has a late autumn outing!

They find a duck during the outing and
shout "Duck!" enthusiastically!
Yongddongi's English pronounciation is getting better >_< So praisable~

They watch a chocolate advertising
and then challenge to imitate the advertising...
Ddongi couple is sweeter than chocolate ♥

:wub::wub: those clips totally had me smiling and chanced on the older videos too. Thank

Is 1st time seeing this old clip:

http://imbbs.imbc.com/view.mbc?list_id=6560314&page=1&bid=wedding_svod

Solar was so shy?! 

• Like 3

@abbychan Love your videos! :D 

@cinnaminskies I enjoy reading your article. Although sometimes I wonder some things, but mostly I find your article interesting :D I wanted to know though if Solar changed the "I'm in Love" lyric? Waiting for the next part of your article :)

@Le_Sanguinea Thank you for your effort in organizing the first page, especially gathering my translations which are here and there :sweatingbullets: I'm trying to organize my translations too one by one haha. And I'm waiting for your next article too! Agree with you, the resolution of those unaired clips are bad -_- I downloaded them though, so I can watch them easily without the long loading ._. 

@coolbrattyro Me too. I understand some things from the videos but don't get a few things too, since I'm not really good with listening Korean. If I have enough time later, I'll try to make a summary/translation of those videos. I have to rewatch them countless times though haha.

@trowabarton99 Wow, your music research is amazing :o

@macaroonjunkie Yup, there are 3 more unaired clips for our Ddongi couple which are released by MBC back then. The full cut of their singing parts on their wedding ceremony :D

@enko20 Thanks for the beautiful pictures and gifs! I love to see them laughing together like that :wub:

-----

Eddie Redmayne live interview with Eric!

http://www.vlive.tv/video/17091

-----

Eric's IG update!

Spoiler

-----

Eric's IG story yesterday!

Spoiler

Snapchat:

-----

Nam brothers' posts to Eric :D 

Spoiler

-----

Solar's memo!

Some of Solar's replies to MooMoos

Spoiler

-----

-----

MAMAMOO whereabouts yesterday!

Fansign at Incheon:

Performing at Jemulpo High School year-end concert:

• Like 5

@trowabarton99 Your music searching ability is amazing, chingu. Did we perhaps just find a music detective in here?

@Le_Sanguinea @Farfalle

I wasn't aware that there's a resolution issue. I didn't even do anything, I just play the video on the website and it... just turn out like this:

Spoiler

u1fxMyp.png

Is it only me that get this? What's going on here? :cold_sweat:

• Like 4

Hi everyone!!

im a newbie here and after being a silent lurker for several months i decided to join u guys (though its too late huhu)

just wanted to share something very interesting with u guys...hihii

i rewatched the episode where mamamoo members visited eric n solar, n i noticed this part when they were playing musical chairs, they asked eric to sing a song and he sung Good For You (for you oo baby you..)

i noticed the way whee in and hwasa looked at solar when he's singing that song, its as if they were saying "look unnie, eric is flirting with you!!" hihihi, i guess the song was directed to solar, as the way of eric saying "baby, im willing to do all these games for you.." :blush: huhuhuu *deluluuu mode*.. n then solar chuckled a bit at the end and all of these are not obvious since it was covered by the panelist commenting about eric's voice..

hmmm...this is very interesting to me..

https://imgflip.com/gif/1ecpoo

i try to show it to u guys thru the gif above ( i made that one but its not very good) but i dont know how to insert it into this post so ill just share the gif link here..huhuu..but i prefer it if u guys just watch the scene that i mentioned n try to slow down the video, if u cant catch that scene..its too brief (thats why its very interesting to me..huhu)

ppyong!!:glasses:

btw, i really love all of u guys here, even though we've never meet, but i feel like were connected together huhuhuu..the power of donggie couple!!

• Like 9

@Izzybolhan Welcome! It's never too late chingu, the more shippers the merrier :)

Oh, and since you brought that up. I will allow myself to be delulu a bit too hehe :P 

This was during Mamamoo's "4 Colors Fairy Tale Concert" event (which was never translated). I didn't understand everything, but check the conversation from 18:50. They said something like this:

Hwasa: But, I think people change once they fall in love.

Solar: Right... *started talking about something I can't understand*

Wheein looked at Moonbyul, then started pointing fingers at her members, including Solar *cough*

Are you trying to say something here Wheein? :P

• Like 7

oh my goodness fam! I've been MIA, there seems to be more and more things added to the list of things I want to mention as to why I think MBC has been editing, filming and timing all of these episodes but I've really just been trying to catch up with the thread for the past few days so I don't repeat what chingus have already stated. 

@cinnaminskies @Le_Sanguinea @enko20 Great articles!!! It was a pleasure reading them all, I love all this back and forth, feedback and extended discussions. I think chingus have discussed a few of the points I want to make already, so I might skip a few and put in little bits and pieces of my take on the situation. 

To be honest with you all I've been distancing myself from this thread to gather my thoughts and grasp the inevitable end of Ddongi's stint, I've come to terms with this now and I don't see it much as a DOOMSDAY event anymore. I'd like to also like to discuss a little on why we as fans, as shippers and as humans get so attached to idols/artists/shows.

HELLO lurkers it is never too late to join us! 

I'd like to also mention @enko20 BIG PROPS to you miss for sending us the unaired clips over our chat group. LIFESAVER. Also to those who can't view the unaired clips, I might reupload them on yt and cross my fingers that MBC don't come for my butt.

Spoiler

@enko20 could you please get those other unaired clips that MBC have on our couple too? pretty please? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks you in advanced chinguyah~

------------------

speaking of unaired clips, MBC would you kind enough to give us some of that of the pool scenes where Eric says 'I like you' to Yongsun??? 

• Like 7

GUYS you should read this is so important :dissapointed_relieved:

Spoiler

Get your tissues ready, because the beloved Eric Nam and Solar couple is set to say goodbye on this week’s episode of “We Got Married.”

On November 18, Heo Hang, the producing-director (PD) of the MBC variety show “We Got Married,” sat down with reporters to comment on the popular couple’s last episode.

The couple joined the show in April and for eight months, showed off a variety of sides to the viewers. They were cute and innocent at times and at other times, they filled the TV screens with their intimate “skinship.” As a result, they quickly amassed a large following of fans.

The PD said, “Solar and Eric Nam did many things together. On their last episode, they looked back over their memories together. Different from other couples, they smiled and laughed together and concluded their last episode well. They reserved their sad and tearful emotions for their individual interviews. During their actual filming together, it was apparent that they did not want burden the other person, so they seemed to try to limit such sad feelings during their filming. By doing so, however, the environment actually seemed even more nostalgic. The two of them have always been considerate and kindhearted people. It seemed like the two of them decided not to cry in consideration of the other person. They said goodbye very calmly.”

He continued talking about the couple, revealing that the couple was one that the writers were especially fond of. He said, “The two of them worked faithfully and sincerely. And so we wanted to say goodbye to them in a beautiful way. Although they left ‘We Got Married,’ since they are both colleagues in the music industry, I think they’ll continue to cheer each other on. We will encourage and support them.”

The popular couple will say goodbye on the upcoming episode on November 19 and will be replaced by the Lee Guk Joo and Sleepy couple.

original article : http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000926424

so that is different article with the other 2 that we have shared here. idk how many times will the PD talk about ddongi's last filming..

• Like 13

The preview pics are here here here here here... :bawling:

wedding_photo2161118133826entertain0.jpg

wedding_photo2161118133826entertain1.jpg

wedding_photo2161118133826entertain3.jpg

wedding_photo2161118133826entertain4.jpg

FaKFKuZ.jpg

wedding_photo2161118133841entertain1.jpg

wedding_photo2161118133841entertain2.jpg

wedding_photo2161118133841entertain3.jpg

Spoiler
두 사람의 가상 결혼이 오늘 종료됩니다'

부부로서 마지막 시간을 보내게 된 똥이커플
아내가 챙겨준 푸짐한 생일상과, 아내의 손편지!
웃고 있지만 왜 자꾸 눈물이 나려 하는지ㅠ_ㅠ

새로운 약속을 다짐한 채,
이제는 잠시 헤어져야 하는 똥이커플의 마지막 이야기
Good bye 윤똥♥용똥
-----
The virtual marriage of the two ends today

Ddongi is going to spend their last time as a couple
A generous birthday event, and a letter from the wife!
I'm smiling but I wonder why I keep having tears ㅠ_ㅠ

With a newly-made promise
For now, it's time for the Ddongi couple to have their last story
Good bye Yoonddong♥Yongddong

------

Btw chingus, I just want to say, even though they are happy and all in the actual episode, PREPARE YOUR BUCKETS FOR THEIR BRIs !

• Like 12

@gureentea Different interview? Guess the press media are paying attention to Ddongi couple a lot... And as expected, our couple always show great consideration of each other, even holding their sadness :( I wonder how will their BRI turn out :( Btw, the link is not working for me? I found it here: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=946983. I think the translation from Soompi is well enough to convey the contents :) 

@enko20 Thank you for posting the last preview photos :tears: Hope that MBC does a good job at editing the last episode.

-----

The translation of the past article (OSEN) from @gureentea (thanks chingu for providing the original link! :))

'WGM' PD "Sleepy ♥ Lee Gook-ju, business? It isn't 100% companionship" (Interview)
Source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003433723

Spoiler

[OSEN = Reporter Park Pan-seok] Heo-hang PD, who's in charge of MBC entertainment program 'We Got Married' (hereinafter referred as 'WGM') production, gave statement about Eric Nam & Solar couple, who leaves, and Lee Gook-ju & Sleepy couple.

It's sad but it's a farewell. Eric Nam and Solar couple was leaving 'WGM'. Unfortunately, the person who has to leave leaves. What kind of farewell would the two people who showed their beautiful image for eight months show?

The story of Lee Gook-ju and Sleepy is they come to 'We Got Married' after graduating from 'I Live Alone'. With the thrill and excitement coming before the first filming, Lee Gook-ju and Sleepy are also seen through the portal site Naver V App and they accept to become a couple earnestly.

In the midst of preparation for the first filming, (I/we) asked busy Heo-hang PD about the farewell of Eric Nam and Solar couple, who naturally left 'WGM' with the joining of Lee Gook-ju and Sleepy couple.

-----

Next is a series of questions and answers.

- How was the farewell scene of Eric Nam-Solar couple?

Two of them were a couple that is greatly cherished by the staffs. I think it has been finished beautifully just like the naturally pure and kind Ddongi couple. It was not a tearful and sad farewell that had been shown in 'WGM' for a while, but it was a beautiful and wrapped-up feeling of farewell.

- What appearance will Eric Nam and Solar couple be showing on the broadcast?

Two of them had many great memories during broadcasting for 8 months. It seems the process of organizing the memories from the first meeting, going on trips, meeting with sisters-in-law too, and doing a lot of things will go on air.

- Eric Nam and Solar in particular seem to have regrets.

Leaving 'WGM' is not the end, both of them are singers, so I think they will get along well while watching and helping each other in the future. During the last filming, I felt that both of them would develop into a good relationship.

- By any chance, is Lee Gook-ju and Sleepy couple a business couple?

I think even in 'I Live Alone', it's not 100% companionship. They're set up to enter 'WGM' not as more-than-friends but as a couple relationship, I will carefully observe how two of them doing in that situation. I'm still wondering what it will be like because it's still before the first filming.

• Like 8

Hello Ddongi shippers its been a while again since i posted here!

Too sad that It's a last episode tomorrow of our Ddongi couple :( 

It's really heartbreaking right all of us definitely cried when we heard the news of there leaving.

omo the preview pics make me sad right now actually it's really mix emotions!!! :(:(:( 

But seeing the Eric instagram post mentioning someone's pointing "YOU" I have a feeling that it's Yongsunah.

Are you guys agree? I don't know when i saw it I feel excitement. AAAHHHH Can't really explain hahaha. 

by the way cheer up guys lets be positive that theyre still contact each other and continue their good relationship.

• Like 7

@papaxmoo Samme oh my goodness. Chingus, I just never saw myself getting this invested in a show that was deemed "fake" and "scripted." Those kind of things usually turn me off the most. Back in May, I just was getting into Mamamoo, and I saw some video clips of this cute gig Solar was apparently part of. I researched and discovered wgm and the episodes on kshowdaily, and there went away a good chunk of the year. Amidst a bunch of other things that have happened in my life, Ddongie alone has made 2016 very memorable for me. I've been trying to distance myself from this thread too, but the charm of our couple just keeps pulling me back...:sweatingbullets: And now I have to face the inevitable. 

Long post warning: You spark an interesting question papaxmoo. 

Spoiler

I'd like to also like to discuss a little on why we as fans, as shippers and as humans get so attached to idols/artists/shows.

I need something to soften the blow that will be Saturday. Why did I get attached to this show and pairing specifically? These scenes from the first episode were what sold me from the get go.

tumblr_o63bpq1Feu1rmoi96o4_400.gif      eric-nam-solar.png?resize=350%2C200

Panelists: "Solar is so easy-going," "She's not pretentious" (CoughHintCough: Unlike others we've seen)

Eric and Solar passed my bs meter test on the first episode; they were just plain goofy and genuinely seemed to be trying to enjoy each other's company instead of satisfying all the camera-nims. If even the panelists noticed it, that's a good sign. I was able to treat them seriously. I hoped that they would continue that early trend of sincerity throughout their run, and even though it was awkward at first, they've far exceeded my expectations. You all have already written extensively about this. 

Watching TV is a surreal experience. We project ourselves into the plotline and the characters, and their goals and beliefs become a reflection of ours. We see ourselves in them and it's empowering. Eric and Solar always believed in crafting an actual relationship over a temporary couply one; they value authenticity. In an industry as superficial as Korea, this is hard to find. Authenticity is also a big value of mines, and I am filled with so much joy whenever I watch them. It's like actual relationships aren't a dead thing. :tears: I wonder how frustrated Eric probably felt with all this when he first went to Korea and cue culture shock. He expressed angst in the Dubai episodes at how he can't walk around in the streets and be a normal person.  

My attraction to Mamamoo also had very much to do with how authentic they seemed to be with all the fun they had on stage. Eric and Solar resonated with their "pureness," as the PD-nim puts it. I realize now she probably meant how sincere they were as individuals. I'm happy they were able to find each other. 

Related image

The legendary raddish stage, our fandom's mascot and vegetable~.

In my group of friends, I am usually deemed the deepest/ philosophical one. It's not like I think about the meaning of life all the time, but I catch subtleties in people and situations that give away their true meaning and character. A friend and I would take the bus home from school all the time, and we would piece together clues and observations about people, just like what you chingus are doing in your articles. :D  Fakery was always something we noticed very quickly. I was also very vigilant throughout our couple's episodes, trying to detect the faintest hint of them just doing it for the audience. However, with all their off-stage interactions and slow development, my intuition tells me that they seem to be the real deal. I hope very much that they are.

It's a little lonely always being the deep one; I never thought that I would meet all you detective chingus who love finding and spazzing about these sort of details and writing long articles about it. Again, y'all are great :wub: Let's get through this last ep together. 

• Like 12