[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

Hello guys, im surprised that there are so many silent lurkers that are opening up now huh? I missed so many things. Gosh, i even can't make time to make gifs :( By the way i like the idea of listing wishes that i like to see in our couple so here goes mine :)

Nothing so special and just like you guys:

I like to see them

• Walking hands while walking (PDA to be exact)
  • Cuddling when they are alone specially in house (Like solar leaning her head to eric while in bed or something, or eric resting to solar's thigh. Hugging. Peck kisses. Am i going to far? HAHA. Well yea something like that)
  • Well i also like heart to heart talk over a drink maybe  (I wish they can have time to drink the wine(?) that solar bought) 
  • Make a music (something like in bbyu couple?)
  • And I want them perform their music in stage :)
  • Do sweet themed photoshoot! (A really sweet one)
  • Date in a amusement park! (But actually i only like them to enter a Horror house. HAHAHA)
  • **Honeymoon in America like 2 days 1 night? I want them to see them seeing their each other bare-face and do washing their face, brushing their teeth and applying their creams etc. together. Hahaha. Also;
  • **Also to meet Chloe and Eric's parents. (I just want to see Chloe's reaction, because she likes mamamoo. Haha)
  • Eric's friends and Mamamoo members visit to their house. (This would be hilarious as hell)
  • Eric meeting solar's parents
  • Solar or Eric's surprise event (I want to see them in really sweet atmosphere where they can dance in music you know the couple dance in dates? I bet you know what i mean. Hahaha, and do also a love shot etc.)
  • I actually want to see them fight and see them to be reconciled. Hahahaha (Am i weird? :sweatingbullets:)
  • I want solar wearing eric's clothes. Hahahahaha (Because as far as i know, men loves to see their women wearing their clothes)
  • Eric carrying solar (Bridal style, Piggyback etc. HAHAHAHA)
  • A thousands of Hugs or Back hugs, peck kisses in cheeks, and touching each other's face like they really miss each other. HAHAHA (I might die if they do this)
  • Eric and solar posting their selcas together in their SNS. 
  • I want their virtual relationship to be as long as Adam couple (I think they are the longest with 1 year and 5 months? I think?) 
  • And even their virtual marriage end. I still want to see them interact in shows and still communicating like real friends (texting and Calling each other :wub:). Maybe after some years they may start dating. We never know, maybe eric decide to court solar after WGM ;)

I've been watching the episodes of our couple again and again with my non-kpop friends (Because recently they are curious about what im spazzing about) . And they say that Eric is really attracted to solar. I dont know if im going to believe that so i explained to them that they are not always seeing each other often. But, they still thinking that these two might end up together. Well. We never know. Hahahaha

I wish i could spend more time spazzing with you guys but i think this month would be a hell month not a hell week. Im still busy studying at the same time sick, *sigh* i might die in this state. Hahahaha. Just kidding.

And also, welcome to all new chingus! I cant mention all of you but you know who you are. Hahahaha. Enjoy spazzing guys. Dont let negativity enter this thread, i really love this thread so much, that i still making time to read all of your thoughts and post. *Hugs all*

• Like 8

@coolbrattyro Can I share my opinion too about the editing? I think the cut will always make us disappointed since we're so greedy to watch their whole interaction haha. Despite the editing quality (which I really don't know since I think I have to see the full cut to decide that), I'm thankful that they still show enough footage for us to see how comfortable they're with each other :) 

And there's no link for full MAMAMOO's concert, since actually it wasn't allowed to record the concert and many guards were watching for any violation that day. You can search some fancams on Youtube or from MAMAMOO fan accounts/fansite (mostly on Twitter). A little tip, maybe you can sometimes use "마마무" because mostly the owners are Korean :) 

• Like 4

@Le_Sanguinea It's from an interview he had back in KCON 2014 (from our very own Soompi site actually). Here is the video, check from 7:15:

His ideal girl type then and now has not changed at all. He just really likes hyper and funny girls. Thank you to @onlybeagles for referencing that vid as well, it's another evidence to show us how honest he is. :)

@coolbrattyro There were different fancams of Moosical posted earlier but I think they are all taken down(?). RBW just released Moonbyul's solo stage on their channel (thank you @Farfalle for the quick update). I hope they will do the same for Solar's stage as well. Here's the video, enjoy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A couple of unrelated updates from Eric's IG. He's showing support for two of his besties: Ailee and Jimin :heart:

Jimin

Spoiler

Ailee

Spoiler

• Like 8

I like reading all you're whislist I hope it could happen....about bad editing is this happen to the other couple? I don't watch too many wgm so I can't make compare plus this is my first follow a couple thread

I realize the bad editing in ep 8-house moving when they unpack, ep 9-propose when eric cooking, ep 12-mamamoo visit there some segment that make we lost like when solar go upstair or the cut while eric curling their hand, ep 15-mukbang the editing really annoying me sigh..., ep 17-wife help the scene in the car, ep 18-jenga part, ep 19-before the articulation 

• Like 4

@Farfalle - That cut was when Yura and Jong Hyun we're arguing in the supermarket about what thing to buy (I forgot what it is). And yes, I think I remember watching a clip of Eric mentioning Eunji as one of his ideal types back when I was active in the Pink Panda fandom elsewhere. :D

@jelatinx - I've said this once, and I'll say this once again. I really REALLY want them to have their own collab song together. Back when YY couple was still airing, the one reason that eventually prompted me to watch their segment was because of their catchy song - if Ddong couple can do that too, imagine the possibilities. :w00t: I mean, Solar singing a modified version of 희망사랑 in episode 11 was awesome; she'd probably be a great lyricist, right? ^_^

@coolbrattyro, @Ira Ajja - Believe me, other couples had it worse. Alex and Shinae's WGM from season 1 had their segment cut down to 12 minutes - and on their wedding photoshoot episode even, just to force the idea that they were "uncomfortable" with each other. :expressionless: I can't count how many times WGM screwed editing segments of different couples, especially when they're trying to pack as much airtime as humanly possible in an hour and 20 minutes between two or three couples. Oftentimes the quality of one couple's segment suffers when the PDs decide one couple is better off than the other (though I'm not too sure if that's happening right now since I'm not too interested in the other couple's segment). Compared to the really annoying slip-ups they had in the past, they're doing a better job with the Ddong couple - well, at least as far as I'm concerned). 20 episodes in and I've found the pacing to be just right, a bit dragging at times but that's understandable. :)

• Like 9

@enko20 You're welcome, chingu! Thanks for your updates too! :D 

@jelatinx I'm happy to see your friends' reaction, Ddongi couple's chemistry even reaches first time WGM viewers like your friends :D Hope you get well soon, so you can focus more on your study. You can come back here whenever you have some free time, and I'll wait for your gifs! ;)

4 hours ago, Le_Sanguinea said:

I mean, Solar singing a modified version of 희망사랑 in episode 11 was awesome; she'd probably be a great lyricist, right?

Yeah, she did a good job at rewriting the lyric to suit Eric and their marriage life ^_^ Actually Solar (and other MAMAMOO members) has participated in writing lyrics several times for their own songs. If Eric & Solar are going to have their couple song, I hope both of them write the lyric since they have done it with their own songs and they have talents for it :D And it will be more meaningful too.

-----

If Eric is the 'trendy guy' these days, I think MAMAMOO is also the 'trendy girl group' B)

-----

Mnet posted more of performances of KCON LA, including Eric-Amber's duet!

• Like 9

Why do i feel Eric's eyes are getting smaller each day? ;u;  @Farfalle anyway he looks so handsome in that magazine photoshoot!!! and i wonder if he mentioned Solar again in that magazine interview... (but i don't have the magazine so i won't know and i doubt his fans would show it to us if there is really something related to WGM...)

Anyway, i have one wishlist for this couple!

Spoiler

• I hope there will be a prank/hidden camera to Solar that can make her cry hahaha. I want her to have no idea that the hidden camera was actually a broadcast on WGM.. so she can express the truth. The topic of the hidden camera must be something that exposes their feeling to each other (?) maybe someone can prank her about Eric having a gf/crush with another girl outside wgm, i just wanna know how she would react kkk or am i being too mean and dangerous? Lol

• Like 8

@Le_Sanguinea Did they really? Wow WGM's editing has always been a hot mess but I only started watching the show from Season 2 so I did not know what happened to Alex & Shinae. I only remember that the old couples got more airtime in general compared to the current ones. I guess if you have been following WGM for a long time, it's easier to sympathize with all the cuts that the PD has to make nowadays just to fit each couple into the 20-25 mins limit. Doesn't excuse them from the evil previews though. 

@Farfalle I think their collaboration has to be the most anticipated thing for all of us, right? It's easier for Solar to express her feelings through lyrics than spoken words so the song will be a great way for us viewers to understand her inner thoughts. I also would love to see how Eric express his feeling for Solar through a song too.:D

@gureentea Ooh I like that hehe, a bit evil but it let us see Solar getting angry or jealous maybe. When she got mad at Eric for teasing her about her height, I thought that was the cutest thing ever. My only concern is that it may turn out really wrong and it could cause controversy (remember Namin/Taeun prank? Yeah that didn't turn out too great)

• Like 6

@enko20 - Yeah, I started watching Season 2 but I also watched all of the Season 1 couples (even Kim Shinyoung's :w00t:) And yes, they had a lot more airtime then, so 12 minutes for a segment was bloody unacceptable. :mellow: 

And lol, I rarely watch previews anymore since they tend to set unrealistic expectations. I was waiting the whole episode for Eric's backhug but it shown for barely 2 minutes? And on the later end of the episode? Lol. :rolleyes:

@gureentea - Oh good lord, that prank thing. I mean, not that I have problem with the idea (I found Solar's reaction absolutely adorable when the PDs pranked them on set in the Mr. Pianoman MV behind the scenes :D), but like with what @enko20 said, it's extremely prone to controversy. I remember that time in the Taeun's thread when the Taemin incident actually happened, and I had to write a super-long a** post just to calm everybody down because the two fandoms were pointing fingers at each other and quarrelling like there was no tomorrow. It was a bloody mess. :expressionless:

And besides, I can't see Eric playing a trick on Solar, at least not on that level. Sure he's mischievous, but I don't think it runs to the extent that he would make Solar cry just for laughs. He strikes me as too much of a gentleman for it to happen. If WGM ever decides to do a scenario like that, I don't think he would do it wholeheartedly, and us viewers would sense that. :)

• Like 8

@Le_Sanguinea Oh yes, you're right! How could I even forgot that moment, I guess.. I've really lost it yesterday from my delulu.. I was imagining this romantic-ambience with pinky pinky effects lol or there's wine/beer/soju and they're face were all red. Indeed they're actually doing pretty good in terms of dividing airing-minutes equally as you said well balance on what to show.. I remember before it used to be a topic even with the couples segment sequence :mellow: so yes, I totally agree with you. 

On 8/22/2016 at 4:14 PM, Le_Sanguinea said:

To be fair, they're doing a pretty good job of balancing the fun and serious parts in their segment - remember that they want to broaden their appeal to other first time viewers, and part of their appeal is their ability to enjoy each other's company, which I think is one of their more endearing qualities as a couple.

but she did it anyway since she feels that he wouldn't rebuff her with an offhand remark, as evidenced by her remark in the black room interview that episode. That kind of shows that at some point on and off screen they have an intellectual connection (although of course it's hard to guarantee that 100% since we're only seeing a fraction of their interaction). 

Really though, I'm 90% sure that these guys clicked in one way or another.

Honestly, I couldn't add anything more of my thoughts.. because you've really said it all well. reading this I just keeps nodding. Actually I'm more amazed on how they get to enjoy each other's company despite them having different culture. For me that intellectual connection is trust, they even mentioned it most of the time in their BRI.. that they keep relying on each other. THAT'S ABSOLUTELY right! I saw sparks since their first meet-up :wub: HAHHA! If I were a guy, I'd have the same ideal as you.. well who am I kidding even right now, I'm having girl crushes on theeem :w00t: About the WGM missions.. yes I quite hesitated on putting it in my wishlist.. EXACTLY! with that same reason *getting goosebumps*. If they were to be given a mission I hope it's something to do with athleticism or exercising? coz they both acknowledge that they're pretty bad at it (episode were they were trying hoverboards) :lol:

Spoiler

btw as I was reading the recent posts, I thought I've seen you before and yes I did, it's my 2nd acc but I'm a huge fan of YY! I event sent postcards to them :wub: great to hear that PSY is back.. and she's part of the crew with eric in the upcoming LOTJ. I'm hoping to hear some sunbae-advice kyaaaaa :phew: 

image.png   image.png

Do you guys happen to know if they mention something on an interview or some shows.. if they watch their WGM? coz some couples before don't.. but I guess they do.. that crying eric that MBC always use lol. *but feel free to correct me XD*

@gureentea @enko20 @Le_Sanguinea Oh no that prank by Taemin, it's a huge mess.. it was a nightmare. and yes I don't think Eric will prank her to that extent. But still that's one of my wish too.. or vice versa Yongsunee is a prankster as well! 

• Like 8

@Le_Sanguinea When did you visit Korea? Fortunately now you can stream their songs from various music sites. But I think there's a particular satisfaction(?) when you have the physical album haha. Yeah, the latest episode focused too much to the dogs? Hahaha. I've heard Birth of Family before, but never watch it. Is it good to watch? And I think I want to correct something, the MV title where MAMAMOO members were pranked is "Mr. Ambiguous", their debut song :) 

@gureentea Omo, you even pay attention to his eyes size :lol: Maybe because he's tired lately. Btw, I found the interview, I'll paste the link on this post :) Honestly I had a thought like you too for the wishlist, since Solar doesn't express her feelings easily. But agree with @enko20 & @Le_Sanguinea, there might be a war out there especially from MooMoos' side :sweatingbullets: And yes, Eric is too kind to make Solar cry hahaha. 

@enko20 Super agree with you about Solar. So far I think she's expressing her feelings to Eric better through lyrics and letters. Now that you mentioned that you want to see how Eric's feeling for Solar, I become greedy and want to hear Eric's song for Solar, Solar's song for Eric, and their couple song :sweatingbullets: Forgive my greedy shipper heart :P 

@pwnkl Don't know about Solar, but Eric has said in various interviews that he intentionally doesn't watch his appearance on TV, especially WGM. He's shy and he doesn't want his behavior becomes unnatural. This is one of the interview: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/eric-nam-explains-why-he-doesnt-watch-himself-on-tv-thanks-solar

-----

Eric's interview with <The Celebrity> September edition: http://thecelebrity.net/201609_interview_01/

It's in Korean and there's no mention of Solar or WGM. At the beginning, the interviewer said "It's past midnight. You must be tired." He answered that he just came back from US schedule and he hasn't adapted to the time difference. Well, he's always working that hard :sweatingbullets:

A glimpse of the interview, he's asked about his volunteer experience, his experience at Kollaboration Boston (a talent showcase for Asian-American) and MBC <Birth of Great Star>, and the hero of his life. He said that he still finds it hard to adapt to his fans and he had fanmeeting later that day and still doesn't know what to say to his fans. About the hero of his life, he would answer with a musician name when he's asked about this, but he learns and respects a lot to his parents. Nowadays he's working hard on music so he can announce the album early next year. When asked what will he do 10 years later, he said that he will have a company or he will start and manage a company, he answered with a laughter though haha.

I think it's not complete since at the end there's like "Want to hear more about charming Eric Nam's story? Read it on <The Celebrity> September edition!"

-----

The dog playground that Eric & Solar visited, "Leaders Dog", posted a blog post about the latest episode.
You can see it at http://cafe.naver.com/leadersdog/1356

I'll tell the summary from the blog post:

• The filming was on August 10th and it took about 2-3 hours.
  • The writer gave the recaps of what's happening at the episode with the screenshots of the episode.
  • The post writer wrote: "It's not added in the broadcast, but they took a break at the cafeteria and used indoor playground too! Finally, it was ended with the three siblings' bath!"
    (my note: After the palm reading scene at Korean folk village, now this... :sweatingbullets: PD-nim, why...)
  • The post writer thanked the WGM staffs and Eric Nam (especially because he greeted them brightly until the end) for working hard despite the hot weather at that time.

• Like 9

Spoiler

@pwnkl - Yes, maybe you've read the fanfic I wrote about YY? :D

If anything else, we all want to see Solar's adorable reaction to being flustered. Maybe that's the hidden truth behind wanting a prank episode for them lol. :P

@Farfalle - I went last May - June. I barely missed the end of their promotional cycle for 넌 is 뭔들, :bawling: I actually held a physical copy in my hand as I was browsing all the new albums released that time. I knew about them then but only because of articles, not because I watched any of their videos. If I had known back then.. *sigh*

And no, Birth of the Family is only interesting if you're a ) A Dog Lover and b ) a fan of the group featured in the show. :)

- - - 

I'm not really familiar yet with the MooMoo fandom, are they peaceful people? :D Some of the fandoms I've wandered into were really REALLY protective of their biases, to the point where they bash their partners on the show. I'm not sure about the situation on the k-netizens side; I'm too lazy to browse naver and dcportal anymore. :P

• Like 7

@Farfalle I see, absolutely makes sense. but it's hard, sometimes you need to see it yourself the bigger picture. But then I'll gladly agree more to Eric! I'd rather see him being himself with no worries being all smooth as he is than him acting unnaturally.  

Spoiler

@Le_Sanguinea Hmm.. can't remember very well but I've read couple of fanfics. If you don't mind, could you give me the link of your fanfic? juseyo~ :lol:

YAAS! her raw emotions is *heartu heartu* 

I'm not really sure.. but I'm a stan of MAMAMOO, self-proclaimed MooMoo :lol: I've been following them for quite a while now.. Let's see,uhhm there's an internal ship in the group so, I'd likely to say that there were some who's really protective.. but there's a lot who support ddong too. Got no idea on knetz side, just like you. But I hope they support uri-ddong since they are the ones that counts most.

• Like 7

@Le_Sanguinea Well no one knows the future hahaha. Okay, firstly I match with condition a. Maybe I'll try to look up for that show if I have some free time and don't know what to watch :) 

Hmmm honestly I also interested in MAMAMOO recently (January or February this year), and it's because I watched their Weekly Idol episode. I laughed so hard watching them. It amazed me that there's an energetic-and-loud-but-talented girl group like them. Don't know about other girl groups, but I have the thoughts that mostly idols will try to keep their image. 

While trying to get their updates by watching some international MooMoo account, I think that most of them generally know their limit as fans. The fans are generally chill, like MAMAMOO's personality :lol: The time when MooMoo become protective is mostly because they worry about the members' well-being, but they don't bash other celebs. MAMAMOO interacts actively with their fans on fancafe, so the fans feel close to them. MAMAMOO even released a song dedicated for their fans.

Since MAMAMOO is also known for their touchy behavior with each other, many fans ship the members with each other for fun, but there are few who take it seriously. Even the healthy MAMAMOO members shippers doesn't like that overreacted behavior though. I think every fandom always has that REALLY protective fans, the number of this kind of MooMoos are relatively small.

Oh, and about k-netizens' reaction... Mostly the comments on their Naver WGM clips are positive and there are always many comments praising Eric (some of them praised Solar too). Well, maybe because mostly the viewers are women. They're also receiving many love from netizens in DC gallery. They analyze Eric-Solar's skinship and body language, just like us ^_^

P.S.: I want to write a short explanation, but... Maybe it's because of my limited English skill that I ended up explaining a lot so there's no misunderstanding :sweatingbullets:

@sujukpop Actually I also hope for at least some BTS photos of them :lol:

@pwnkl He said that he might think "Oh, I shouldn't do this" if he watched himself, he doesn't want that. I agree with him, but sometimes I wish Eric can see Solar's blackroom interview to understand her thoughts more? Haha.

• Like 7

Yep, I'm just dying to see Solar's reaction, especially after seeing her on Mamamoo's Showtime during the haunted house ep hahaha :D Maybe Eric won't do anything to hurt her emotionally, but I don't think he would mind pranking her with scary stuffs though (He has done it to her before) :w00t: But more than that, I want them to get scared together since Eric is just as much of a scaredy-cat as Solar. Now I really want them to do haunted house together so badly.:sweatingbullets:

I mean you can't tell me you don't like seeing her like THIS:

Spoiler

sS9bDNahQNblC.gif

741nchOY2ROlG.gif

ZKiy2B8wC2lIQ.gif

@Farfalle OMG You think so too? Wow the first thing that came to my mind about their collaboration was I wish they would do 3 songs in total: from Eric to Solar, from Solar to Eric and then a duet to finish. Yah it's a bit greedy but it's a wish for a reason right? Plus it would be such an amazing finale, and will make it so much more memorable for us shippers :D

• Like 8

@enko20 Eric & Solar visiting haunted house is also in my wishlist! Yeah, their reaction will be so hilarious :w00t: I really want to see their scared reaction together, since it's a rare moment when both of them are in the same position. I wonder if we're bad shippers because we want to see them suffer :lol: If they don't do the haunted house, maybe watch a horror movie together? Hahaha I think it's true that Ddongi shippers' mind are connected. And yes, I would like to see their songs, but please don't make them sing those on their final episode, it'll be so sad :(

• Like 7

@gureentea Waaaa looking forward to this episode! The 3 couples meet for the first time! Solar is so small, Eric's body covered her completely :lol: The good point is we can get more air time for Ddongi couple :D But the bad points are they can't bond properly with each other in this kind of episode and I'm a bit worried for the couple competition haha. From some accounts, the filming is done at Mayfield Hotel.

-----

Eric's Snapchat update

-----

Eric's IG update, supporting for SPICA's comeback

Spoiler

-----

Hope that our precious Yongddong isn't attacked too much by Radio Star's MCs :sweatingbullets: I think there might be questions about Eric though?

-----

Upcoming event for MAMAMOO

• Like 9