[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

@cinnaminskies @enko20  i check the other thread to know what happen with no preview for sam2 and with taebom photoshoot...for sam2 still no explanation and for taebom it's said it's only netizen act

I don't have mood to watch wgm this weekend so i rely on viewers comment at kshowonline and yt ch...it's look that sleepy gukjo have good respond and sam2 still have lower viewers, kshowdaily comment section so quiet and there's no comment for new cp i wonder who will make thread for new cp

this morning i only replay mamamoo stage at blue dragon award that sub by mmmtrans, solar and moonbyul adlibs make me laugh

• Like 2

Well, no episode this week.

What that means, however is that I wrote 10,000 words of fic for you all to try and fill some part of that void these two have left in us.

maybe we'll take the long way home

"Are you... happy?"

Or: Things post-WGM are more complicated than they thought they'd be.

Thank you to @enko20, as always, for talking with me and helping me figure out things like details and facts. You're amazing. 

Also large shout out to just everyone in this thread for making this a wonderful experience. This fic is really for all of you. It's based on our discussions and analyses and even our littler, more delusional talks. Everything you all do makes me smile, so I just wanted to share that. 

It's a little angsty, but there's a happy ending. Don't read it all in one sitting. Or do. I'm not quite sure which way is better.

Good night or good morning or good afternoon to you all! I personally am about to fall asleep, so I'm going to go now, but once again thank you all. You're great. Ddongie shippers fighting!

• Like 5

@enko20 I agree that ACTRESS wouldn't be the best hint when you are trying to imply Solar. But maybe that's why the staffs did it. ACTRESS was an easy clue to solve, thus if this clue directly points (or comes very close) to the fiancée, it seemed too simple. Whereas the other clue "GA", which is hard to solve (way the go Moonbyul for cracking this one) clearly indicates the answer to So La (Solar). Just a theory though.

However, like you, I still can't figure out how he solved the third lock. There are clearly parts edited by MBC cause from the preview of Ep. 01, there should be some more puzzles Eric solved.

Spoiler

Like this puzzle Eric solved on the table, the answer seems to be "GIRL x 4", indicating the fiancée is in a group of 4?

and MAMAMOO has 4 female members...

0psa4iX.jpg

Now, regarding your logic of the third password was 1605. I say it is totally possible!

23EUGyF.jpg

(Sorry about using your picture from the past thread... :P)

Since the Red Lock were just on top of each other, I suspect the genre of password would be similar : Solar's information.

Let's discuss through the answers :

The first Red Lock (Keyword: YEAR), Eric tried a lot of years and opened at 1991, which happens to be Solar's birth year.

The second Red Lock (Keyword: KEY), if the password is 1605, isn't this the height of our lovely Solar? (160.5cm)

Spoiler

9zffi6z.jpg

(I remember Solar was in a show wearing the orange jumpsuit from 1cm era and holding a big profile. 160.5cm was written on it. But sorry, I can't remember which show it was.)

So, what does this has to do with "KEY". As I mutter KEY again and again, a song suddenly popped in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5L9rBrT3rI

(Side note, this song is called "160", basically the song is singing about the mind of the short people, no offense.)

Then I remembered, KEY (or 키) means HEIGHT in Korean.

wH1CtZH.jpg

(Please ignore the Mandarin) You can see from SHINee's profile, KEY written in Korean is 키.

4bFsyTW.jpg

(Please ignore the Mandarin) This is a Facebook page called "Joyfully Learning Korean Daily" (translation). I'll translate the sentence underlined in RED. "Height / Stature in Korean is 키【pronounce like the English word KEY】"

Thus, KEY = 키, Solar's 키 = 160.5, password 1605

Regarding the fan, I went over this part again and I'm sure Eric didn't miss the fan on the far left. He turned that one on as well.

KwsOXJj.jpg

Also, from listening to the conversation between the Ddongies, they did come up with a 4 digit password for the electronic lock.

Here's the dialogue I put together from listening :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- After Solar came down from the stairs (they counted from left to right) -

Eric: Ah… 1, 2, 3… (counting the first one)

Eric: 1, 2 (counting the second one)

Eric: 3, 2 (repeating the numbers for the first and second ones)

Eric: what’s this? (asking Solar the third one)

Solar: 2 (answering the third one)

Eric: 3, 2, 2 … (repeating the numbers from the first to third ones)

Solar: 1, 2, 3, 4 …. (counting the last one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I think the last password should be 3224 .

Sorry, I'm not familiar with making GIF, but if you look closely when Solar was punching in the password, the last button she press was on the bottom left, which from my experience would be the "confirm" button. And before that  she made a stop on the left side which seems to be pressing the "No. 4" button.

• Like 4

okay ... i think i am not so done with ddongie couple but i need to rant this out ... they give jota and jinkyung photoshoot ... not bomi and taejoon ... but not for ddongie ...

and if they got the new couple a photoshoot ... wow mbc, you are so DONE!

• Like 2

@ajul not all cp have photoshoot and for me it's ok (from last year cp i only know jonghyun-seungyeon also soeun-jaerim) and cos the latest ep i'm glad ddongie have stable airtime 30-20 min

I doubt the new cp will have photoshoot cos for magazine appeareance is the important things

mamamoo perf at blue dragon award have good comment from netizen and rise the song on the chart

• Like 1

Indeed, Mamamoo's Blue Dragon Film Awards performance was pure adlib goodness, tailored for the audience of actors. Y'all should give the subs a watch if you haven't. The Korean youtube videos of it have nearly a million views after just one day. Mamamoo rising! :lol:

@cinnaminskies The fanfic was such a great read. I woke up early and read it in one sitting and couldn't fall back asleep. :sweatingbullets: The long and slow burn was very appropriate and what I exactly needed at this point; I had tears. I applaud your's and @enko20's efforts all around :D:D 

Question: The fanfic scene with Eric's fanmeeting and the cheers to collab with Solar, did that ever happen in real life? I am aware there were likely ddongie stans who went to some of his events, but did anything happen to that large of a degree?

• Like 3

On 11/24/2016 at 5:15 PM, spring10 said:

Heya, newcomer here. Saw this forum about Ddongi couple and thought I would join in. Better late than never, right? I saw all the reviews and info you guys have posted so far and as the show progressed its clear just how much Eric and Solar's relationship has developed. A friend of mine introduced me to WGM a while ago and since then I have been a fan of Eric and Mamamoo. Love loveee CHMS and the new Memory album. 

Anyway, thought I'd post about some things I noticed in the last ep.

• Eric added the photos from the Oct. 26 filming (park date and prank ep) into the album he gave Solar
  Reveal hidden contents

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2014.39.

It's not clear but when Solar took out the photo album, their photo from the photo booth fell out. I think Eric may have slipped it in to the album when they were packing. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2013.44.

• They might've eaten churros just like their first WGM meeting 
  Reveal hidden contents

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2013.39.

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2013.40.

Either it was a coincidence to eat churros for the last meeting or it was on purpose to eat what they ate the first time they met. There were just so many parallels from the last ep with their previous eps as pointed out by some of you. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2013.50.

• They wore the couple sweatshirt! 
  Reveal hidden contents

It looked like Eric was trying to hide the album in the sweatshirt during the episode but they ended up wearing it when they left their house

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2013.43.

It's not exactly shown since they have their coats zipped up but we can get a glimpse of it from their photo. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2013.45.

Solar had her coat zipped the entire time but since Eric has it on I assume she would too

Screen%20Shot%202016-11-24%20at%2013.38.

They finally coordinated their outfits on the final episode *sigh* I hope they can wear their matching scarves from Eun Ah sometime this winter ;)

Oh and I don't know if you guys have seen this Ddongi thread before on Twitter. It has most of their best scenes, though I think they're missing Eric's wish at Jeju and their talk in the inflatable pool, but it's worth checking out.

*in delulu mode* 

Seeing these two clips really make me wish this is how things will be post-WGM for Eric and Solar 

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine gatherings with Mamamoo and their other friends when they have a day off. It would be so cute seeing them casually feed each other in front of their friends :wub:

Not to mention casual phone calls asking where the other is and giving gifts just because they want to. Fingers crossed this is their future, guys *delulu*

Still can't believe there is no more Ddongi on WGM. They really were my dose of happiness on the weekends. That just means we have to vote for Eric and Mamamoo on award shows to make sure they turn up and have a Ddongi reunion hehehe. I believe they'll continue to grow as individuals and artists and win a lot more awards in the future. Leggo Ddongi! 

Oh btw, can you guys add me to the Kakao group? My ID is jspring10 

Looking forward to seeing updates from you guys on this thread. 

Ppyong.

Ugh! this is so frustrating..Is there a chance that Ddongi couple will get back to WGM? Is there any couple from previous season got back from the show? I have no idea if this is possible or something because I just started watching WGM again after Ssangchu couple (joongbo) from season 1.   I thought eric and solar are going to be the longest couple will run at WGM.. T_T ...I guess I just have to re-watch their episodes to make myself feel better.. Actually this couple is like a medicine to me..I laugh so hard about this couple that really makes me feel good from watching them..

ugh #sadlife.. #NoMoreDdongiCouple  #StillHopingToComeback

• Like 5

@trowabarton99 Ahh thank you! You pointed out quite a few things I missed out on. I actually think GA was the biggest giveaway, and they made it thinking that as a musician Eric would make that connection right away, but he didn't. The ACTRESS one is still unclear to me. I knew that 1605 was Solar's real height, but I didn't quite understand how it's related to KEY until now.

I think MBC definitely cut some of the puzzles on purpose, because it might reveal personal information about Solar that they don't want us to know about?

Spoiler

wSYyUQQ.png

Especially the two white locks in front of the letter boards there. I think those two definitely had something to do with the second/third puzzle.

As for they KEY solution, I think Eric might have figured that out just by reading the number 1605 next to it. I don't know if he actually made the same connection about KEY like you did.

And yes you are definitely right about the fans one. I didn't even notice that they read numbers from all four of the fans, because:

Spoiler

The sub and the panelist words made it sound like they only read it from three fans

IOXlZdg.png

Z7BkOuM.png

Solar did bring her thumb over to press "4" on the keypad. The order she pressed was: 3, 2, 2 ,4 , *

sVixdh7.png

3o7TKOFHCEkvWH21oc.gif

So I agree, the actual solution was 3224, which makes a lot more sense.

I will edit my post to reflect this correction.

• Like 4

@cinnaminskies - I probably need to read your fic a few times more, but after giving it the once over I can say that I love it. :D

I's probably a staple of post facto fics like that to start off with a melancholic note, but I was half expecting you to divide it into chapters. :P

• Like 3

@kimhara482_stv - Alex and Shinae did in Season 1. That was an isolated case though, so don't expect that it'll happen again anytime soon. :)

And don't worry, you're not alone. Lol, I purposely requested for longer work hours on the weekends to get over the fact that they're no longer airing on saturdays. :P  The next best thing to do would be to watch it again, preferrably with someone new to the ship. ;)

• Like 6

Saw this video on twitter about Solar:

When I saw it I was thinking, why does Moonbyul's imitation of Solar dancing look familiar...

It's because of this! (0:32 - 0:39) This was during their Jeju trip. :blink:

She was laughing about his dance moves then, now look who's dancing like that too :P

• Like 4

Lol, looks like the glut of all the activity here shifted to the kakaotalk line. :w00t:

I tried browsing outside sources for any news but got a bit annoyed with some of the Moonsun shippers I saw populating the comment sections. Some of them are really too much, though I don't really have a problem with the fandom itself. *sigh*  I don't know how you guys handle that stuff while browsing online. :)

• Like 4

@trowabarton99 I think Solar's steel bracelet was actually bought before Ep 15. The order of event was switched up. This was the actual order:

Ojra0oz.png

Went to the bank to make a shared account. It was raining outside, Eric didn't have his ring on, and Solar already had her bracelet. (Ep 16)

hVpnzCt.png

Went to Itaewon to buy clothes, 2nd set of bracelet and mukbang tour. Eric was holding an umbrella because of the rain earlier, and still had no ring (Ep 15)

Eric and Solar secretly went back to their house after the mukbang tour so Eric could put his ring on and took off their exotic dresses. (Off-camera)

Then they went out to buy watermelon and ate bingsu. Notice Eric's ring magically appeared on his finger here. (Ep 16)

sI6eh1H.pngwjeOGrs.png

Bonus:

Spoiler

I didn't think about it that much before, but after @gureentea brought it up, I realized how much they kept re-arranging and adding furniture/utensils to their house over time. They seriously have spent a lot of time doing things at home off-camera.

Living Room

Spoiler

2WpX39w.pngehWcl3m.pngc5vnTLj.png9s76Dvx.pngtn34IUj.png3SbeJTK.png

Bedroom

Spoiler

hASZnsi.pngp8Hepg0.pngRUl5l49.png

Terrace

Spoiler

3o2xZ1M.pngZ6mm0XA.pnglFiSSgU.png

• Like 6

I just watched the last wgm and i'm laugh see the new cp like meet too (yongsun and gukjo the meat lovers haha)

Taebom photoshoot...i can imagine yongsun reaction...scream/laugh/hit/clap lol

Sam2 no preview it's obvious the new pd don't have good editing too (i'm still dissapointed the pd don't devide ddongie ep 32 into 2 part)

You know guys as shippers we still want see ddongie doing a lot of things and after read @cinnaminskies fic maybe we can write ddongie ep by ourself eg some of us want ddongie have photoshoot too so you can share your thought/idea what kind of photoshoot/pose/outfit or ddongie make another trip like visit atlanta or another mukbang story...you guys can make simple story

• Like 4