[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Riri Welcome to the thread! It's a bit slow now since we have a kakaotalk thread where most of the conversation takes place. Easier to access on a mobile. ^_^

Feel free to back track all the content posted in the thread. You might appreciate their segment a bit more once you read all the posts we made while they were still on air. :wink: 

translation of Haru Hana magazine

i'd like to highlight the sentence which mentioned Eric. I will put our translation (by Jim on our kakao group) because i like this trans better.

Repoter Question: What is your ideal type of lover? Who will you become when your in a relationship?

WheeIn: (didn't translate :p)
HwaSa:  (didn't translate :p)
Solar: Me too! People like Yoo Jae Seok Sunbae and Jeong Hyeong Don Sunbae.

Reporter: How about Eric Nam from WGM?

Solar: He has great personality, very gentle, has great manners, a very nice guy. But because he's a "heartthrob", if we were in a relationship, I would feel sad and unbearable. (laugh)

*heartthrob ≈ nation's boyfriend ≈ someone, usually a hunky guy, who is so attractive that he makes our hearts throb in our chests.

my thoughts:

Spoiler

will update later~

Hi everyone,

I am going to post a mini article about what Solar said on the Haru Hana magazine posted by @gureentea, and translated by @trowabarton99 (no timeline yet, will let you guys know soon). I feel like it's relevant to some of the things I had written about before. The post will be about what her statement means and what ramification will it have for her and Eric's future together. :)

@gureentea Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Eric Nam says he doesn't think about marriage after 'We Got Married'

By elliefilet    7 hours ago    49,407    5,452    7
eric-nam

SHARES
  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Google+

Eric Nam revealed he has no thoughts to marry anytime soon after his experience on 'We Got Married' on the January 27th broadcast of 'Cultwo Show'.

SEE ALSO: Eric Nam shares the audio of his collaboration track with TIMBALAND

As viewers of 'We Got Married' would know, Eric Nam partnered up with MAMAMOO's Solar on the show, and they had definite chemistry together. The 'Cultwo' MCs asked Eric Nam when he plans to get married, and after a bit of thinking, he responded, "I don't know very well yet."

He then added, "After experiencing 'We Got Married' recently, my thoughts to marry have disappeared."

In other news, Eric Nam collaborated with Tablo and Gallant for the track "Cave Me In".

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/eric-nam-says-he-doesnt-think-about-marriage-after-we-got-married

Mmm....to readers, it seems open up some different interpretations....and not sure if he said it seriously or half-jokingly...and if he further elaborated on that comment or not?

But then in Soompi article, that comment is abit different....he said later....not disappeared....or both doesn't contradict?

"While it was being discussed how many people had seen Tablo playing claw machine games with his family, the rapper suddenly asked, “Eric Nam, when do you plan on getting married?” Taken by surprise, the singer said, “Why are you asking me this out of the blue? Well, I’ve experienced a married life through ‘We Got Married’ recently, so I’m thinking of getting married later on in life.” "

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/27/eric-nam-tablo-discuss-marriage-whether-actually-look-similar/

On 1/27/2017 at 2:14 PM, Cedric Ong said:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/eric-nam-says-he-doesnt-think-about-marriage-after-we-got-married

Mmm....to readers, it seems open up some different interpretations....and not sure if he said it seriously or half-jokingly...and if he further elaborated on that comment or not?

But then in Soompi article, that comment is abit different....he said later....not disappeared....or both doesn't contradict?

"While it was being discussed how many people had seen Tablo playing claw machine games with his family, the rapper suddenly asked, “Eric Nam, when do you plan on getting married?” Taken by surprise, the singer said, “Why are you asking me this out of the blue? Well, I’ve experienced a married life through ‘We Got Married’ recently, so I’m thinking of getting married later on in life.” "

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/27/eric-nam-tablo-discuss-marriage-whether-actually-look-similar/

The Soompi translation is correct and is exactly what Eric said if you read the Korean source (http://news.nate.com/view/20170127n08518). AKP misconstrued his statement in a negative way to incite controversy yet again. What Eric simply meant was that he doesn't plan to get married early, because

1) He is still focusing on his career right now, and plan to get married later down the line (See his Fuse TV interview for more details)

2) WGM already gave him the feelings he wanted to taste (dating/marriage) so he's no longer in a rush to seek for it

People can interpret his statement anyway they want to. For me, this makes the most sense in consideration of his previous words. Also, nobody who has seen Eric and Solar together on WGM would think that WGM gave him a negative view about marriage. It was a great experience for him and Solar who both are still way too early into their career to actually date or get married in real life.

- - - -

Updates for Eric X Tablo X Gallant "Cave Me In"

Billboard article

There's also an article where Eric said Gallant got drunk and lost in HK during MV filming and they had to go find him (LOL) but I can't find it anywhere.

Some support messages/promotions from other artists for Cave Me In

Spoiler

Tweets about KCON Mexico in March on the 17th-18th

@enko20 Thanks for all the Eric updates!! ^_^

Here's the article you mentioned about Eric, Tablo and Gallant drinking together and losing drunk Gallant haha it's pretty funny :lol:

It's a screencap from the cached version of the article on koreaboo, the article has since been deleted for unknown reasons (so to anyone wanting to share it elsewhere, please be mindful that it is a deleted article!) 

https://s28.postimg.org/8nfg9orzx/Article.png

Spoiler

Article.png 

Moonsun vapp in vietnam....what are they doing there? So Moonsun go to vietnam for vacation...moonbyul talk about solar pic on her phone and if she lose it solar can't get married cos the pics are embarrashing and what about solar dance honeybee choreo after shower....

They talk about esna vapp too when they use vromance practice room

Mamamoo's interview from FM Yokohama 84.7 Radio HITS. Solar was asked about whether she prefers Dubai to Kyushu-Yufuin. Plus she also talked about what WGM meant to her

There are a few bits about Solar from the original source that was left out which I will include here (highlighted in yellow) :)

Spoiler

W4yzx5l.png

Solar:
My original dream was to be a CA (T/N: CA = Cabin Attendant i.e. stewardess). One time by chance at a singing contest, I was scouted by an executive who was watching me sing. 

Solar, who appeared on the variety show "We Got Married" - a show about a virtual marriage with Eric Nam, displayed her honest charms. In reality, she is 25 years old and is the eldest member of the group.

ruvtuKf.png

Which one do you prefer (Dubai or Kyushu-Yufuin)? When asked, she [Solar] answered in Japanese: "This is very difficult, because I really enjoyed traveling to Dubai with Eric Nam."

Latest YongKongByulKong in Danang,Vietnam: http://www.vlive.tv/video/22166

Some important parts talked about are here in these tweets:

And some other points: 

Spoiler

I've also heard words that Eric is invited to the 59th Grammy Awards this year along with Tablo and Gallant (who is nominated for a Grammy award himself btw).  Here is the article:

http://www.asiastarz.com/articles/23013/20170202/eric-nam-epik-highs-tablo-invites-59th-grammy-awards-la.htm

However, I need to verify the legitimacy of this news, since I haven't seen any Billboard reports about this yet. Stay tuned guys! (I would be REALLY happy for Eric if this is true though)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm still working on the article guys. Stay tuned for that one too! 

So far...i came across another article mentioning Tablo getting an invitation to the Grammy....no Eric. Maybe need to watch out for further news.

http://officiallykmusic.com/tablo-epik-high-invited-grammy-awards/

Btw...Eric is on this new show...and he was asked about his last kiss...ahem...well could be just joking.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/02/eric-nam-surprises-by-revealing-when-he-had-his-last-kiss

@Riri Thanks for the Gallant article :). Don't know why it was deleted tbh.

Wow it's really been quiet around here huh? Understandable though, as there's not much going on in this month, yet. However, I'm here to drop some important news:

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110581699

201702091632773527_589c1b59cbe2b.jpg

Yang Nam Show has added a third MC - Super Junior's Shindong - to the line-up for the upcoming Season 2, which will begin to broadcast from the 23rd this month. The show from now on will be known as "Shin Yang Namja Show" (신양남자쇼). To those who do not know, Shindong is a big radio personality. He's a former host of radio ShimShimTaPa and was recently discharged from military duty. I personally think this change will really propel the show forward and hopefully will attract more big-name idol groups to come (like Mamamoo hint hint).

The first guest for Season 2 will be BTS :D

Eric is also currently on "Life Bar" for two episodes already. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any sub since I don't think the show is popular enough for it? Hopefully some kind souls out there will do this. Meanwhile, here's some articles about his appearances:

Eric Nam Reveals He’s Kissed Someone Within The Last Week (OMG WHAT?!! WHO?!!)

Yang Yoseob Explains Why There’s No Point Asking Idols About Their Dating Status

Since Solar's birthday is coming up on the 21st of this month, some of her fan sites have begun posting Solar's ads on metro stations' walls:

The owner of the fansite @RecAlice even announced that they will have an electronic bulletin board of Solar on display! (img from KKTalk thread)

crbwlJb.jpg

- - - - - -

Other updates

Eric

Spoiler

Eric with the Nam bros in Mexico:

Spoiler

He had a photoshoot on the 8th

Solar

Spoiler

Shortly before Eric's trip, Solar went to Vietnam with Moonbyul and finally posted some photos on fan cafe along with her other memos:

I recently came across with a good read on the Ddongie thread in China (cr. 最爱军 (author of the thread), and thanks to 용용용 from our Kakao group for sharing this with me).

The author of the thread said she is a Screenwriter and Director for a certain Cable TV station in China, and has experiences with virtual marriage shows. I'm not 100% accurate she is who she claims to be, but some of her analysis are quite interesting and I thought I can help translate it for our fam. Please forgive me for my (1) my poor English, my grammar, usage of words and sentence/paragraph structure may not be as good, (2) not as detail-oriented, because of the poor English, I often suffer insufficient vocabularies and translation problems. However, I will try getting the closest translation I can. And if you have trouble understanding certain parts or have doubts, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am more than willing to do a re-translation for the part or explaining it to you guys.

As I combined her whole analysis/some comments and its around 106 pages on MS Word, so, if any fam wants to continue reading please let me know. :D

(The link to the original thread: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4899390854?pn=1)

Black = Translation

Blue = My O.S.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our author, 最爱军琳,

Spoiler

I am a Screenwriter and Director for a certain Cable TV station in China. I enjoy analyzing WGM couples as a hobby. 

I started writing about Ddongie Couple around the time they were leaving the show. Maybe I’m some sort of person that jinxes couples whenever I start writing. Anyway, upon 
knowing their leaving, I’ve considered finishing the entire analysis before posting it on the forum. But recently I’ve been hearing unfriendly comments saying the relationship 
between the Ddongie Couple was all an act, which I literally want to slap the commenters in the face, thus I began posting what I got and will update from time to time. 

Since the Big 3 Couple (Gain (B.E.G.) & Jo Kwon, Seo Hyun (SNSD) & Yong Hwa (CN Blue), Victoria (f(x)) & Nichkhun (2PM)), the fan community in China for WGM has 
been decreasing. It’s getting harder to find a couple to like, therefore I wanted to do what I can to help more people know them and like them. 

PS. I heard them were nominated for MBC Best Couple, please remember to vote. Even though this is typical MBC routine, but if you see this I still hope you can vote for them.

Before we start, let’s talk a bit about our couple.

Spoiler

From my point of view, Solar is the standard type of Korean Idol, beautiful, great voice, looks optimistic and loves to smile/laugh, just a bit foolish sometimes. (Typical Yeba). 
Almost all moments in front of the camera she sees it as “work”, and dropping her idol disguise in front of the camera is nearly impossible, it’s part of her training. This is typical 
Korean Idol training. We also have these kind of artists in China as well. If you don’t really know them, they are mostly easygoing, easy to be around with and near perfect. 
But if you really get to know them, they are scarishly strong (mentally). It struck me to know they are able to separate all emotions on camera, happy or sad, from real life. 
They are really sensitive, lonely, often hide in their shell, and reject care and harms from others. But if they receive real care, like from the bottom of the other’s heart, 
they would be touched for a long time. 

From the program making point of view, Solar is more of a “One Time” variety type artists. Hot on the outside and cold inside, suitable for shows like “Happy Together”. On 
short term appearances in variety, she is outgoing, shows no restrain and an exceptional girl. However, on long term variety, you will find she’s shy with strangers and sensitive, 
which I consider a risk for WGM to have her on the show. 

As for Eric, he is another type of artist in the industry. He’s own life experience outshines the typical artist training, rather than what considers to be the ultimate factors in artists,  
“appearances”, “warm outgoing personality” and “sense”. He can be as close to whom he actually is in real life even in front of cameras. Going out making friends and without 
being afraid to be harmed, because people like Eric whose been harmed many times knows how much to give, they know exactly what they want. Therefore he isn’t afraid to let 
his emotions show on camera because he can handle it just fine. If he senses he’s being harmed he will retract his emotions without hesitation.  

From the program making point of view, Eric is easily love by PDs and Writers. He’s diverse, has lots of “labels”, hot outside and inside, best of all he knows the routine of the 
show business, especially variety show routines. 

Conclusion, from my point of view, Eric can easily give 7 pts (out of 10 pts) on sincerity in variety shows, and can adjust the numbers regarding other influences during filming. 
Solar on the other hand cannot. She can’t adjust her feelings like Eric, but whenever she puts 1 extra pt into this relationship, she means it and she’s not taking it back. 
So, what really concerns me is this, 

(it’s hard to translate as she’s getting a bit poetic….)

has there ever been a moment to love you using the name of the show 
or to embrace you in my arms with my real emotions. 
Even knowing this is just a show, 
knowing our careers means more than this, 
and the long way down the road it might not be you by my side. 
But this moment, 
gazing into your eyes, 
like watching the wind of Spring, 
flower of Summer, 
kite of Fall, 
parting of Winter. 
Maybe this will all seem different years from now, 
but do know we had each other in our lives for these 8 months. 

And it all started with “I’m sorry it took me so long”.

First meeting, WGM staffs that are trying too hard.

Spoiler

Concerning the routine of MBC, the first episode of the Ddongie Couple went through a lot of planning. It is clear that the staffs have high expectations for this new couple. 
The Script wanted to highlight one of Eric’s “label”, “smart” so they prepare a “Room Escape”. The second stage of the Escape was well thought of, it was designed with the 
profiles of the couple and along with the props of the Room, and I’d say this would take the Writers at least a whole afternoon to plan. However, the results weren’t as good 
when broadcasted. First of all, Solar has been locked up a while before Eric arrived, don’t ask me how I know, but these kind of routines need to avoid accidentally bumping 
into Eric, therefore Solar must have be locked up half an hour earlier, worst of all, that small room has bad ventilation, she must have been very uncomfortable. Second of all, 
Eric is smart, but not the kind of smart for Escape Rooms, the staff needs to be more thorough when they do their homework. 

When the two actually meet, it was in episode 2 (rolling my eyes, total waste of time). Solar prepared a fruit basket for Eric by herself, I say herself because…… staffs will not 
prepare such … “strange” gifts. The singing part was designed quite well, it shows off Eric’s voice and Solar would have had a better impression of a person that sings well. 
But the staffs didn’t consider how uncomfortable it is for Solar with a mask on in a room that’s small, hot and has bad ventilation. When Solar took her mask off, it was an 
awkward moment between the both of them, but Eric found himself back shortly after. The big problem is, why the hell did the PD had to have 3 more staffs in the rooms? 
Couldn’t they just set up some cameras inside? You can see the staffs hiding behind the karaoke machine. That’s why Eric went ahead to shake Solar’s hand and kept leading 
her to the other corner where there’s no staffs hiding. As I mentioned on my other thread, in Real Variety Shows artists show the most of themselves or with the least acting 
when there are no cameramen around. So here, they are actually awkward and nervous. In the Black Room Solar mentioned when she took off her mask, she thinks Eric 
was satisfied that it was her behind the mask. The situation in the Black Room is there are basically no cameramen in there, just cameras on tripods and a PD that’s been 
following the couple around throughout the entire filming. Put into other words, Solar would have more trust with this PD. Therefore artists tend to tell the truth when they are 
being interviewed in the Black Room. And here she said, “she thinks Eric is satisfied…” you can see from here that Solar is actually an observative and sensitive person. 

Finally, they are in the same room and started solving missions together. Thumbs up for the Writer who designed this part. This is the picture we want to see! The WGM staff 
should’ve had them solving the missions from the very start! Wasted an entire episode of Eric alone on the other side of the room. Also, if the PD wanted to plan a 
Room Escape routine, can’t they find a better sponsor?!

After leaving the Locked Room, they came out to a small room as well, and with at least 2 cameramen filming beside them. So you can see their conversation mostly regarding 
“I’m your fan”, “I’m your fan too”… I’m just going to skip this part. The taxi was arranged beforehand. The staff had a camera set up and had a cameraman in front with them. 
But the cameraman did his best to be out of sight, which did help as the couple opened up a bit more. Side note, Eric checking if anything was left on the taxi was a big plus.

The Self-balancing Scooter coffee shop was scripted, but it was connected to Eric. Either Eric mentioned this to the staffs, or the staffs had a few options for him and he 
chose this. It’s more likely the later possibility. The whole process when they are on the scooters, they are too busy maintaining balance that they started paying less attention 
on the camera. And you can see here Eric is more initiative when it comes to skin ship, I believe this has more to do with he’s times overseas. 

Eric kept asking question when they are having snack, “what do you like to eat?”, “do you like dessert?”, these questions will not be on script. The script would only be 
saying “Room Escape” “Play with the scooter” “Eat snack”. From what I see so far, the staffs haven’t fed them lines to say. Therefore, you can tell Eric has high EQ and 
knows very well on getting along with people. (However, if fans out there can say otherwise, then it’s most likely Eric has feelings for Solar at this point.)

During this time Eric tricked Solar that his last name was “Eh”, not part of the script, and Solar actually believed him. She later on explained why she believed him in the 
black room. From their first meeting you can see Eric likes to tease Solar which means he’s much more familiar with the routine of this show. Later on they traded resumes, 
which is part of the script, and you can see there’s an edit mark here, it should be the PD telling Eric to go grab his resume, if they knew they would be trading the resume 
here, they wouldn’t have chatted for so long in the beginning. As for the trading resume routine, it’s a nice routine, a lot couples have this so I’m going to skip it. 

Tteokbokki was not part of the original schedule. They must’ve come up with it and discussed it with the PD. Why? First, because the staff wouldn’t plan to eat two places in a 
row and second Tteokbokki was a casual talk between the two. You can see Eric searching for Tteokbokki on his phone. If it really was planned, it would’ve been them 
searching together, not just by Eric himself. Third of all, you can see most of the Tteokbokki store being blurred, so it wasn’t negotiated with the restaurant beforehand. 
From the above situation, I’d say this couple had a very fast progress, as it’s rare to have an impromptu plan by the couple to squeeze into the original schedule on their 
first meet. 

- Conclusion for the first meet.

Eric is very satisfied his wife is Solar. Solar had more psychological reconstruction before they met. She appeared more calm than expected but it might be RBW’s reminder. She had conversations with most of Eric’s topics including finding Tteokbokki. As for the staff, Room Escape basically failed.

Hope you guys liked it!

lCxSsRK.jpg

Archived