[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

On 8/13/2019 at 7:43 PM, ddunddun20 said:

@Ddongddong If eric was speaking about solar to his song writer friends... then came out with a bunch of break up songs... I think there may be some substance to my previous theory of them having dated after wgm and then breaking up:sweat_smile:.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, Eric had said that he's never dated anyone in korea when he was on wgm ( I odn't think this video has english subs, but it was in this scene that he confessed this.

In a recent radio interview, he said he had dated a woman in korea! That means that between the end of wgm and now, he had a girlfriend. So I think him and solar may have actually dated after wgm.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/05/eric-nam-confesses-he-had-a-girlfriend-in-korea-asked-if-she-was-a-celebrity

It also was confirmed that they are back in contact thanks to that one podcast! And, if my theory was correct that means they did get back in contact in 2018 which makes them wearing the same glasses int that year a bit suspicious. They also dyed their hair blonde around the same time! (let me be a bit delulu lol).

Eric having the exact same guitar as solar (the guitar's look exactly the same, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me) in his bedroom when he doesn't even play guitar at all is realllly suspicious. Is that a common guitar? I don't know anything about guitars:sweat_smile: I also don't think I've ever seen that guitar in his house before and his house has been shown alot on I Live Alone and such. This news coupled with all the other things that we've noticed this year is making me a bit suspicious... Could eric nam and solar actually be more than friends?

This theory does tie all the lose ends together and maybe this is the case. I was thinking more about how eric said solar changed her number; he didn't specifically say that they dont speak but that when he sent her a birthday wish, he got no response. Thereafter he heard that she changed her number(I dont know from who). I wonder if they were actually dating and eric said that as a joke/cover up and the whole thing got blown out of proportion. Ok maybe I'm being a bit delusional here lol.

There was also another theory that they genuinely lost contact after wgm because they are both extremely busy and are getting close (romantically? Hehe) recently. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, Ddongddong said:

I was recently watching We get marry, and I noticed that [Runaway] is a count of all the moments with solar until the dress that they used in the date, the costumes. could someone do the shopping on the shots.  and solar is reliving the mementos going to places that have been with eric like JeJu Island. and many more places. sorry for my english.

I was recently watching We get marry, and I noticed that [Runaway] is a count of all the moments with solar until the dress that they used in the dates, the costumes. could someone do the shopping on the shots.  and solar is reliving the mementos going to places that have been with eric like JeJu Island. and many more places

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating this thread in a while.. I wasnt sure if many still read this thread. 

Eric was recently interviewed on Grace Helbigs podcast, Not Too Deep where he was asked about wgm (at about 16:30)

He spoke quite fondly of solar, saying that "they met, got to become good friends and the rest is history". I'm not sure what he meant by "the rest is history" part. It sounds like there was an continuation of something. But it's lovely to hear from him that they did actually become good friends and were not just colleagues. He also said that mamamoo were "4 very ferocious women".

Moos on twitter were really happy about this, it was like an eric nam appreciation party for a while. I also noticed that eric became quite active on twitter (which he hasn't been in the weeks prior) during this time so likely saw all the love moos were directing his way. I'd like to think he was really happy seeing this. He specifically said "nam nation" were making him feel loved during this time but his tag at the time was filled with moos acknowledging and appreciating eric. This is kind of a shot in the dark - but eric could've been referring to the love from moos since moos threw him alot of hate before and he was almost a taboo subject amongst moomoos. I'd imagine it to be a relief to him that moos seemed to finally be on his side. 

Another thing we picked up from the grace helbig podcast is his answer to "what's the sweetest thing a girl has done for you". (At about 46:45). His response was "It's just...I cant talk about it" and he later clarified that it "was just nice surprises here and there. Like COMPLETELY unexpected" when grace alluded that it was something scandalous. The usually calm and collected eric nam, who is very good at talking, suddenly became very flustered lol. I suspect he was thinking about the 200th day event solar did for him at the airport. Especially since they had mentioned wgm already, and that was already on his mind. And it definitely was something completely unexpected. 

When grace asked eric about wgm, she said "I've been asked to ask you this". Who asked her to? Lol. And with both the wgm and "sweetest thing a girl has done for you question" eric laughed and looked over to brian. I think brian/eric's team must've asked grace to ask him about wgm or approved of those questions to be asked. So his brothers and colleagues are still teasing him about a girl he was romantically associated with 3 years ago? It's a bit suspicious

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 6:09 AM, vateyyy said:

Omg me too, I've been hoping for MMM to make a comeback and hear Eric talks about them in his podcast too, but seeing how they've been keeping everything about them very lowkey, I have a feeling he might not talk about them. But either way, I'm contented enough with them supporting each other privately too:blush:

Omgg, I went to watch the vlive after reading this and tried taking a screenshot of the blue band he was wearing and it really does look similar to the blue band on the instagram post @ddunddun20 shared:bawling: If Eric really did went to support them right after he came back from Japan, it really said a lot about how nice and supportive he is as a person and a friend:bawling:

Soooooo, i watched WGM again cause I'm missing the ddongie couple and this is the first time I learned about this thread.

You guuuyyysss!!!  IT'S A DRAGON FILTER! (unless it's a croc,  lol) Does it not ring a bell????

I believe that Eric is low key supporting solar. If you guys can remeber, before they met,  Eric saw a dragon plushie as a clue and yong means dragon in english. 

And if you follow Solar's youtube channel, she calls her followers yongwangnim which translates to dragon king hihi

They're probably just friends but i'm still rooting for them hihi :wub:

Edited by stroppyse
mod edit: Please do not quote images.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Le_Sanguinea Hi!

Some more "weird coincidences" that we've found. Arty (who collaborated with eric on "idea of you") has been commenting and liking ddongie posts on IG since 2017. If you go through the #ddongiecouple and #ericnamsolar tag on IG you'll see just how many he has liked and commented on. I thought this was really weird since he's an actual friend of eric's and not just a fan like us. His most recent comment was in February this year on this post:

I had a wild theory which I maybe will post up in detail a bit later. To summarise: if you consider when arty started/stopped commenting on posts and the types of songs eric was writing during those times, it corresponds to eric and solar having dated after wgm, breaking up at the end of 2017 and then getting back together around early-mid 2018.

It's a bit of a crazy theory, I know lol. But one things for sure, I genuinely think they are at least platonically close and that they are supporting eachother behind the scenes. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@Ddongddong - Thanks for the updates. If you want, you can PM me if you want to put certain updates on the front page. I thought soompi already disabled it after neglecting the thread for a couple fo years now. :)

I had a couple of DMs telling me that they found this couple through this forum, and I have couple of people iRL not related to me saying that they started watching WGM using Eric and Solar as their starting point. It's pretty cool! :D

• Like 2

@Ddongddong Thank you  so much for keeping us all updated!

On 9/16/2019 at 11:40 PM, Ddongddong said:

Another thing we picked up from the grace helbig podcast is his answer to "what's the sweetest thing a girl has done for you". (At about 46:45). His response was "It's just...I cant talk about it" and he later clarified that it "was just nice surprises here and there. Like COMPLETELY unexpected" when grace alluded that it was something scandalous. The usually calm and collected eric nam, who is very good at talking, suddenly became very flustered lol. I suspect he was thinking about the 200th day event solar did for him at the airport. Especially since they had mentioned wgm already, and that was already on his mind. And it definitely was something completely unexpected. 

Eric saying he can't talk about the sweetest thing a girl has done for him is incredibly suspicious. If he wasn't thinking about the 200th day event solar did, it makes me think that he's dating someone right now. Why else would you not be able to talk about something like that? The only other reason I can think of was that it was something scandalous but he quickly denied this. But the thing is, if he's dating something I definitely think it's solar because of Eddie's instagram post. Eddie got married recently and is clearly a righteous guy when it comes to relationships. The nam brothers are all very close and seem to respect eachother alot. If eric was dating someone else other than solar, I don't think eddie would've posted up that Instagram story. To tease your brother about a girl he was "married" to and clearly had some sort of feelings for before when he's dating someone else is kinda a crappy thing to do and something I doubt eddie would've done.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:30 AM, Ddongddong said:

Eric wore his wgm ring on 25th march this year. This was at Sooyoungs movie premiere for Memories of a Dead End. (Zoom in to the ring on his ring finger)

Wait... so he wore his wgm ring twice this year? So it definitely wasn't an accident when he wore his wgm ring at that vui event and it all was around the same time period (the vui event was also in march). Ok this is weird now. Why was eric suddenly wearing his wgm ring in march...

On 10/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, Ddongddong said:

@Le_Sanguinea Hi!

Some more "weird coincidences" that we've found. Arty (who collaborated with eric on "idea of you") has been commenting and liking ddongie posts on IG since 2017. If you go through the #ddongiecouple and #ericnamsolar tag on IG you'll see just how many he has liked and commented on. I thought this was really weird since he's an actual friend of eric's and not just a fan like us. His most recent comment was in February this year on this post:

I had a wild theory which I maybe will post up in detail a bit later. To summarise: if you consider when arty started/stopped commenting on posts and the types of songs eric was writing during those times, it corresponds to eric and solar having dated after wgm, breaking up at the end of 2017 and then getting back together around early-mid 2018.

It's a bit of a crazy theory, I know lol. But one things for sure, I genuinely think they are at least platonically close and that they are supporting eachother behind the scenes. 

This is even WEIRDER. WHAT IS GOING ON DDONGI COUPLE??? Arty stopped commenting on their posts in Feb and then eric starts wearing his wgm ring in march. Maybe he found out they were dating and stopped commenting in case they got caught or something. I look forward to hearing your detailed theory @Ddongddong:blush:. Thanks once again for all the updates you've revived my ddongi heart

On 10/3/2019 at 1:33 AM, Le_Sanguinea said:

I had a couple of DMs telling me that they found this couple through this forum, and I have couple of people iRL not related to me saying that they started watching WGM using Eric and Solar as their starting point. It's pretty cool! :D

People really discovered them through this thread that's so awesome! It seems like alot of people have only recently discovered them and are loving them. I hope we can keep this thread active!

Edited by stroppyse
Mod edit: Please do not quote images/videos.
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

oh my god, I can't believe there's a thread about Ddongi and it's still alive. I am rewatching wgm again for them right now because I love them so much. I'm so glad I've come across this thread! After reading some of the theories and their moments in here, my ddongi feels is coming back once again. I'm hoping there would be more of their moments soon. Let's continue to keep this thread alive <3

• Like 1
  • Love 1

OMG! sooo happy that I found this forum for my favorite couple!..have you guys watched the cultwo show? unfortunately, there is no eng sub yet but I'm just happy to watch them both in one show. I felt that there is something coz both are too careful with their actions or I'm just delusional. You can check it on youtube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vIfHhlm2rHg

Edited by YoonYong couple
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

OMG I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THAT CULTWO UPDATES. Never click on anything so fast. 

Same here. I haven't the slightest clue what they're talking about but I just can't look away from the sight of them sitting next to each other. I may be delulu ( I really hope not) but they just look so good sitting next to each other 

They do seem cautious around each other and I notice solar drinks a lottt. 

Can't they just date please? I mean I really am starting to get pissed at that other side of ship (or conservative fans, idk) bcs I get the feeling they had something going on at some point, but hide it bcs of the hate

Edited by Dndrquinn

Also. I stumble open this old gem of an unaired wgm clips of them. I'm probably the only one here who just see it, but  i'm posting it anyway.

They look so naturally close it hurts my single heart. Also if you considering how our yeba can't fake things like this....

Edited by Dndrquinn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Dndrquinn - No worries, it's never too late to see them. I myself am rewatching all of their episodes again after getting dragged back to kpop by a random music video :D

@Blae - Thanks! Although the link looks weird, they don't allow embedding in soompi anymore? :huh:

I'll edit the front page to include some of the few things I've missed over the past year or so. There's so many dedication videos on youtube!

On 11/17/2019 at 7:23 AM, Chanmollyka Chhour said:

oh my god, I can't believe there's a thread about Ddongi and it's still alive. I am rewatching wgm again for them right now because I love them so much. I'm so glad I've come across this thread! After reading some of the theories and their moments in here, my ddongi feels is coming back once again. I'm hoping there would be more of their moments soon. Let's continue to keep this thread alive <3

Yeah, most of the hardcore people who provided content are gone now, but there's still going to be some new people popping by every now and then. The best we can do is keep them updated, right? :D

Hi Guys I have a few updates :). I'm going to put all the links to tweets about these updates in spoilers to make things a bit more readable.

Eric mentioned solar in his interview with Zach Sang.

Eric was so confident throughout the whole interview, except for this part lol. Is it just me that thinks he was pretending not to know about solarsido when he called it "her vlog thing"? It was like he was trying way too hard to be nonchalant. Zach changed the topic when he noticed that eric was uncomfortable. Another fun fact: zach actually liked this tweet. He's such a solar fan lmao - maybe even a ddongie fan too.

I highly suggest you check out the full interview (here). Eric spoke very freely - even mentioning stuff about his ex and breakups - which he avoids doing in korea. To summarise: he admitted that he had just gone through a break up before "Honestly". I think this was pretty obvious based on the fact that all the songs on the album were about break ups but to hear him confirm it makes me feel alot less delusional. "Congratulations" was inspired by an ex that wouldn't stop calling/texting him. This was actually written a year ago so likely was about the same break up. So, Eric was def dating someone in 2017 and likely broke up at the end of 2017 or beginning of 2018. Idk if that person was solar. I'm very doubtful tbh. I'm now completely stumped as to what the nature of their relationship is/was.

Cultwo Show:

Full eng sub of the interview can be found here
Someone kindly compiled the ddongie moments in the interview as well: Watch here

Eric gave mamamoo a pizza :wub:

They also exchanged albums. The colorful looking album on top of the pile of albums Eric's manager is carrying is mamamoo's new album - Reality in BLACK.

Here is mamamoo's album for comparison. You can see it's the same album:

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTli9rXOm2-Zfy-xHvTuoI

I think him and mamamoo are still on very good terms - wheein and hwasa pushed solar to sit next to him after all lol. As for whether they are dating/had something in the past - my opinion changes all the time based on the new info we get. Idk what to think anymore. They were definitely being extremely cautious during this interview, hence why they seemed so awkward. Although eric and solar have alot of support from international (english-speaking) fans, the story is different with kfans. The tension between the kfandoms is still there even after all these years. Moos still throw him hate for being anywhere near solar - that's probably why they are so cautious. That, and alot of people had their eyes on them - they must have been stressed about starting up any rumors/angering fans. Eric is definitely avoiding talking about mamamoo. He only talks about them when prompted. We'll see if he mentions HIP on his kpop podcast but he hasnt done an ep covering the latest kpop releases since HIP was released - instead he's been doing these "special episodes" and interviews.

• Like 1

Solar and Eric seem to be on good terms or at least friends if Wheein and Hwasa got Solar to sit next to him lmao. But I do think they’re friends, and they’d probably talk more and are less awkward when there are no cameras around.

As for who Eric dated in 2017, I don’t really think it was Solar. There was that video of Solar jamming to Honestly and Eric responded, so if they did date, they ended on good terms because that’d be really weird and probably awkward for both of them otherwise.

To be honest, I don’t think they contact purposefully contact each other much, other than maybe a happy birthday (because Eric mentioned trying to text Solar happy birthday that one time but didn’t get a response). Maybe I’m wrong, but I just wanted to give my two cents. They just seem like really casual friends, so not that close but still friends. Probably would be less awkward if they weren’t trying to be so careful. At least they talked a little bit throughout the radio show and tried to act normal when the radio show was going on while people were talking and they were on air. It honestly could have been 100 times more awkward,  so I’d take what I can get.

• Like 1