[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

did you guys know eric was recently guested on this podcast called "sooo many white guys" and they asked him about wgm and he said they kept in touch once in a while (this is just recently and after the it's okay to go a little crazy show) and that he bumped into yongsun's members a lot and enjoyed catching up with them (he addressed them as "those ladies") ahhhh:bawling:

• Like 2

Oh my goodness I had no idea! I'm so happy to hear that they got back in contact after solar changed her number.:bawling: And he speaks so fondly of the girls it's so nice to hear. I'm just so glad we got confirmation that they're still friends thank you for this update. He also hinted that he developed some feelings for solar during their stint on wgm (I mean who can blame him). He said he thought "oh this could potentially work" while he was on the show eeeep! 

4 hours ago, vateyyy said:

did you guys know eric was recently guested on this podcast called "sooo many white guys" and they asked him about wgm and he said they kept in touch once in a while (this is just recently and after the it's okay to go a little crazy show) and that he bumped into yongsun's members a lot and enjoyed catching up with them (he addressed them as "those ladies") ahhhh:bawling:

I found this link to listen to the podcast! He mentions solar at about 40:50

https://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/24156941.html

• Like 1

@ddunddun20 Haha, no problemmm. I didn't know about this too until I came across this ddongie account on ig called "loveddongie" and she shared an audio of him talking about wgm on the podcast. Ahhhh, when he said "oh this could potentially work." parts of me got really happy because we're not the only one who thought that way while watching them, he also felt that:bawling: He also mentioned that the girls addressed him as "brother-in-law" which was nice to hear, because now we all know they're not totally awkward with each other

• Like 3

11 hours ago, vateyyy said:

Omg thank you so much for this precious and valuable piece of information @vateyyy :bawling: This really make me happy and part of me feel relief knowing that they do still keep in touch... i knew it. And yes, Eric met Moonbyul on the same program as him, then he reunited with Yongsun at MuBank and also met and greeted Hwasa at an award show, introduced Wheein (features in Park Bom's 4:44) on his podcast... he basically are "good friends" with MAMAMOO now, even to addressed them as "those ladies".. melting my heart. I don't know but Eric is loyal man of his words. It's nice to hear that the girlies calling him bro-in-law... it just shows how comfortable they are. I'm still waiting for MMM to make a comeback so that Eric kind of introducing the song too... well it's just a wish though. Even if that doesn't happen, oh well i just know they are supporting each other. 

Thanks to @ddunddun20 for sharing the link! :blush:

• Like 2

Hi guys I found something very interesting. I don't know how true this is I'm just speculating. I was watching all of Eric's old Vapps and in this one Vapp I saw him wearing a blue band that looked so familiar. Here's the vapp:

https://www.vlive.tv/video/124816?channelCode=FD33F

Then I realized that it looks exactly like the blue concert band for mamamoo's F/W concert from 19 April to 21st April!!! You can see someone with the blue concert band in this Instagram post. There are four colors of bands (red, white, yellow and blue) for the four seasons project mamamoo did. Seems like eric got the blue one aka solar's color.

I thought there was no chance of him attending their concert because he was filming the Runaway MV in Japan:bawling: But the vapp was uploaded at midnight on the last day of the concert which means eric came back from japan, went straight to mamamoo concert then went straight to practicing for his comeback what a guy. He's so supportive and this makes me so happy because it shows they have close relationship still. I wish I could upload the snippet of the vapp where you can see the blue band clearly(its near the beginning). Take a look and tell me that I'm not just dreaming things up:frown:. Don't the bands look similar?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, zurah90 said:

Omg thank you so much for this precious and valuable piece of information @vateyyy :bawling: This really make me happy and part of me feel relief knowing that they do still keep in touch... i knew it. And yes, Eric met Moonbyul on the same program as him, then he reunited with Yongsun at MuBank and also met and greeted Hwasa at an award show, introduced Wheein (features in Park Bom's 4:44) on his podcast... he basically are "good friends" with MAMAMOO now, even to addressed them as "those ladies".. melting my heart. I don't know but Eric is loyal man of his words. It's nice to hear that the girlies calling him bro-in-law... it just shows how comfortable they are. I'm still waiting for MMM to make a comeback so that Eric kind of introducing the song too... well it's just a wish though. Even if that doesn't happen, oh well i just know they are supporting each other. 

Thanks to @ddunddun20 for sharing the link! :blush:

Omg me too, I've been hoping for MMM to make a comeback and hear Eric talks about them in his podcast too, but seeing how they've been keeping everything about them very lowkey, I have a feeling he might not talk about them. But either way, I'm contented enough with them supporting each other privately too:blush:

1 hour ago, ddunddun20 said:

Hi guys I found something very interesting. I don't know how true this is I'm just speculating. I was watching all of Eric's old Vapps and in this one Vapp I saw him wearing a blue band that looked so familiar. Here's the vapp:

Then I realized that it looks exactly like the blue concert band for mamamoo's F/W concert from 19 April to 21st April!!! You can see someone with the blue concert band in this Instagram post. There are four colors of bands (red, white, yellow and blue) for the four seasons project mamamoo did. Seems like eric got the blue one aka solar's color.

I thought there was no chance of him attending their concert because he was filming the Runaway MV in Japan:bawling: But the vapp was uploaded at midnight on the last day of the concert which means eric came back from japan, went straight to mamamoo concert then went straight to practicing for his comeback what a guy. He's so supportive and this makes me so happy because it shows they have close relationship still. I wish I could upload the snippet of the vapp where you can see the blue band clearly(its near the beginning). Take a look and tell me that I'm not just dreaming things up:frown:. Don't the bands look similar?

Omgg, I went to watch the vlive after reading this and tried taking a screenshot of the blue band he was wearing and it really does look similar to the blue band on the instagram post @ddunddun20 shared:bawling: If Eric really did went to support them right after he came back from Japan, it really said a lot about how nice and supportive he is as a person and a friend:bawling:

CCc69Xp.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ddunddun20 said:

Hi guys turns out this was a false alarm. A twitter friend of mine created a twitter account for news on eric nam and solar. She wanted to try and unite eric nam and solar fandoms with the account by showing that they are friends. She asked me if she could post the concert thing I agreed but when she posted it eric nam fans clarified that the band was from the Ed sheeran concert he attended on not mamamoo. Here the tweet:

Go follow my friend if you have twitter! Her account is just for news on eric and solar it's not a shipping account. It'd be nice if the fandoms supported eachother. I think eric and solar would like that too:)

• Like 1

Hi! Newbie here. Cause my first language is Chinese instead of English, you may find my writing pretty weird hehe .

But anyway is it just me but I feel like the wrist band is looking more like Mamamoo concert's one that Ed's one.You can see there are two lines of sentences instead of one line.Besides the size of the words is also smaller than Ed's one. Last but not least, Eric's wrist band has also a little silver buckle which is exactly the same as Mamamoo's one. However, I don't see any buckle on Ed's one.

Please correct me if I have made any mistakes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vwan said:

Hi! Newbie here. Cause my first language is Chinese instead of English, you may find my writing pretty weird hehe .

But anyway is it just me but I feel like the wrist band is looking more like Mamamoo concert's one that Ed's one.You can see there are two lines of sentences instead of one line.Besides the size of the words is also smaller than Ed's one. Last but not least, Eric's wrist band has also a little silver buckle which is exactly the same as Mamamoo's one. However, I don't see any buckle on Ed's one.

Please correct me if I have made any mistakes.

Hello welcome! Yes the bands look so similar I was almost 100% sure it was mamamoo concert band. I tried to find a better picture of the Ed sheeran bands they also look very similar.  I think there is 2 lines of writing on the other side of the band. I'm not sure if anyone can find a better photo

Also eric nam fans said that he was apparently spotted at the concert. I couldn't find any proof of this. Although I'm a huge fan of Eric nam, I don't keep up with every detail of him as I do with mamamoo and neither does my friend. We're both moomoos who got to know eric nam by wgm so we both decided to trust eric nam fans that said he was at ed sheeran.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ddunddun20 said:

Hello welcome! Yes the bands look so similar I was almost 100% sure it was mamamoo concert band. I tried to find a better picture of the Ed sheeran bands they also look very similar.  I think there is 2 lines of writing on the other side of the band. I'm not sure if anyone can find a better photo

Also eric nam fans said that he was apparently spotted at the concert. I couldn't find any proof of this. Although I'm a huge fan of Eric nam, I don't keep up with every detail of him as I do with mamamoo and neither does my friend. We're both moomoos who got to know eric nam by wgm so we both decided to trust eric nam fans that said he was at ed sheeran.

Oh then maybe it's really not the Mamamoo concert one. Thanks for the photo btw :)

Edited by Vwan
  • Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 1:24 AM, vateyyy said:

can you link that ?

Hey guys I found this tweet and had to share it with you guys. Eric nam's mom and solar look so much alike what a coincidence! You know how they say you'll marry someone like your parents hahaha

18 hours ago, supisme! said:

can you link that ?

Here is the link:https://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/24156941.html

if you want to only listen to where eric mentioned wgm and solar check this video on this tweet:)

https://twitter.com/Ddongie2/status/1143631725949587456?s=19

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone:). I'm the owner of the Eric Nam and Solar update account on Twitter (@Ddongie2). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining a twitter gc for us to post up theories/updates on eric and solar? The gc will just be for fun - there arent many places where we can joke about coincidences between this pair without starting up rumours/ angering fans. Additionally, it is difficult to interact on this thread since posting up pictures and such is very confusing. If you are interested in joining, you can dm me on twitter or post your twitter account handle here:D

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 2:36 AM, Ddongddong said:

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone:). I'm the owner of the Eric Nam and Solar update account on Twitter (@Ddongie2). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining a twitter gc for us to post up theories/updates on eric and solar? The gc will just be for fun - there arent many places where we can joke about coincidences between this pair without starting up rumours/ angering fans. Additionally, it is difficult to interact on this thread since posting up pictures and such is very confusing. If you are interested in joining, you can dm me on twitter or post your twitter account handle here:D

I've just deactivated my twitter account :bawling: Life gets in the way sometimes. Praying that we get these two reuniting on a show or something sometime soon! I'll join you all when my life is a little less busy hopefully

• Like 1

@ddunddun20 I was wondering what had happened to you haha. But I understand, twitter is a huge distraction. Do not worry though, I'll try my best to update any notable events about ddongie couple here as well:).

The one I'm still caught up on is that eric actually replied to my twitter account - clearly an eric nam and solar account and can easily be mistaken as a shipping account. I highly doubt he didn't know my account was an account for ddongie couple since my pfp is a picture of them on their "wedding day" and the account name is Ddongie. His reply was just to make a joke from one of my tweets. He was probably searching his tag on Twitter and came across my tweet, but nonetheless, I thought he would've just ignored it for obvious reasons. Thought this was incredibly suspicious...testing the waters a bit maybe, eric? Haha

Another thing, eric has gogobebe and twit on his kpop daebak spotify playlist. I believe this playlist was created as a way for eric to recommend some of his favourite kpop tracks to the daebakshow listeners. It's nice to see him supporting mamamoo and solar in the background. Hoping a day will come where they can openly support one another.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

There have been some interesting discoveries about this couple that are too coincidental to ignore.
@zurah90 discovered that Eric's song writer friends commented on ddongie couple photos on Instagram.
Artymusic commented in early June 2017 on this post. Eric did "idea of you" with him which was released around the same time as the comment.

KolaJ and Eric collaborated on the song "Into You". She commented on this post in April 2017. "Into You" was actually released in June 2016 but the MV was only released in September.

Eric has mentioned that when he writes music, he often does it with a group of songwriters and they all share their experiences with one another to create songs. Solar was clearly someone significant to eric and a source of inspiration (music wise) for him to share his experiences with her to his song writer friends. I don't know for sure if this means they dated and broke up. Coincidentally, all of eric's songs were about break ups after wgm. However "Runaway" was his first non-breakup song in a while. Also coincidentally, he said the premise of the song was inspired by carly rae jepsen's "Run Away With Me". I believe @ddunddun20 mentioned this at some point. Additionally, Eric released a cover of that song towards the end of wgm. This was really out of the blue and was almost like a message to Solar. I'm sure the song holds much meaning to him since he has mentioned that, since he's a musician, songs hold strong memories for him. So, "Runaway" is a bit suspicious.

Another "coincidence" discovered by @papamoo The guitar in Eric's bedroom is exactly the same as Solar's guitar.

Spoiler

Side note: This is the Instagram post where is looks like he's subtly promoting "Gleam" as well.

Spoiler

Eric does not play guitar. He has said so himself in this daebakshow episode(at around 8:31) and dismissed the guitar in his room as "merely a prop" there to "make him feel like a musician". Eric is such jokester.

Spoiler

I'd also like to point out that this particular brand of guitar is quite expensive (https://www.rimmersmusic.co.uk/taylor-214ce-grand-auditorium-electro-acoustic-guitar-natural-p38077). If I couldn't play guitar, I would not spend so much money for it to be just a prop. Also, if he was gifted it by a friend, he would have just said so. Could it be that Solar came by his apartment with her guitar (since they are both musicians) and left it there?

Also, we have spotted them wearing the exact same glasses back in 2018.

http://imgur.com/gallery/gFECi8m

(I'm not sure why the picture is not embedding, if anyone could help that'd be great)

Edited by Ddongddong
  • Like 2

@Ddongddong If eric was speaking about solar to his song writer friends... then came out with a bunch of break up songs... I think there may be some substance to my previous theory of them having dated after wgm and then breaking up:sweat_smile:.

Spoiler
On 7/30/2018 at 9:09 PM, ddunddun20 said:

Kinda sad to see that this thread has died out there's some great content! And I miss this couple:tears: I have a theory that solar and eric had a bit of a thing after wgm. It honestly feels a bit delusional but I'll explain why I think this way.

I believe it started after they won best couple at the mbc awards (especially since that signified the end of their wgm stint and the start of their non-work relationship). According to this article:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/02/eric-nam-surprises-everyone-last-time-kissed-someone/

Eric kissed someone soon after the awards and if my theory is correct, that someone was solar. Eric has mentioned that his first kiss was at 20. Through wgm we also got to know that hes only dated 2 other girls (that may have changed since this was 2 years ago). Either way, from that we can tell he's not the type of guy to jump from relationship to relationship/randomly kiss a stranger. That's what made me think his fellow kisee was solar. Then again, this is just an assumption maybe eric does kiss strangers or the whole kiss thing was just a joke who knows.

Assuming they did date, I believe that ended during mamamoo's yes I am promotions (june/july 2017) for 2 reasons:

1. Solar had a sudden fashion change: she cut her hair short and dyed it pink. This was the biggest hair change we had ever seen from her. Also, her clothing choices became alot more bold and revealing (quite enjoyed seeing her become so much more confident with her body and looks! We love a woman that loves herself!).

2. They both got quite busy at this time; mamamoo with their comeback and eric with his first few concerts in the US.

Reason 2 was probably the reason they ended things - they got too busy. However, I believe it was a mutual agreement and that they ended things on good terms, but they probably became awkward. Hence why solar changed her number without telling eric (mentioned in the article below).

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/24/eric-nam-shares-couldnt-get-touch-mamamoos-solar-got-married/

The reason why I think think it was mutual and ended on good terms is because eric still wished her happy bday in feb 2018 (metioned in article above). Also, they probably got back into contact after this since a vid of solar singing Eric's new song "Honestly" shortly after he released the song. This was posted on facebook somehwere but the vid was quickly taken down. But here's a tweet with the vid. Note that she had the lyrics somewhat memorised and this was literally just after eric released the song so he probably sent her the song before it was released (hence why she had it kinda memorised). I have a feeling this was more of a PR stunt but it gave a good indication that they had gotten back in contact and that eric got solars new number.

Anyways. This is likely just me being delusional but I wanted to know if anyone else had the same suspicion? I really hope they can be friends or reunite for another show sometime I really enjoy their dynamic! Maybe one day we can get a duet from them fingers crossed.

Also, Eric had said that he's never dated anyone in korea when he was on wgm ( I odn't think this video has english subs, but it was in this scene that he confessed this.

In a recent radio interview, he said he had dated a woman in korea! That means that between the end of wgm and now, he had a girlfriend. So I think him and solar may have actually dated after wgm.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/05/eric-nam-confesses-he-had-a-girlfriend-in-korea-asked-if-she-was-a-celebrity

It also was confirmed that they are back in contact thanks to that one podcast! And, if my theory was correct that means they did get back in contact in 2018 which makes them wearing the same glasses int that year a bit suspicious. They also dyed their hair blonde around the same time! (let me be a bit delulu lol).

Eric having the exact same guitar as solar (the guitar's look exactly the same, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me) in his bedroom when he doesn't even play guitar at all is realllly suspicious. Is that a common guitar? I don't know anything about guitars:sweat_smile: I also don't think I've ever seen that guitar in his house before and his house has been shown alot on I Live Alone and such. This news coupled with all the other things that we've noticed this year is making me a bit suspicious... Could eric nam and solar actually be more than friends?

Here is a better picture comparing the guitars. They do seem exactly the same.
https://m.imgur.com/wxfPY5

Eddie posted a picture of Solar's solo performance of "Speechless" at kcon and tagged eric saying "wya" (where you at) on his Instagram story. We were discussing whether this was just eddie teasing his brother and nothing more but the timing is a bit weird. We know eddie was a big fan of ddongie couple; commenting and liking posts about them on Instagram and twitter back in 2016. But why, after all this time, is he teasing eric about solar? This is not an isolated event either, there have been countless coincidences linking eric and solar recently. I genuinely think there is something going on between them and eddie just fueled my suspicions even more.

Spoiler

Eric also commented on his long time friend, VIXX Ravi's, instagram post. The post was hyping up his upcoming collab with an rbw artist. Eric basically said that he was looking forward to hearing the collab.
The instagram post:

My twitter post:

Spoiler

Moments later, it was revealed that solar is the artist ravi is collabing with. I'm sure eric was just supporting his friends endeavors but I'm also sure he knew the person ravi was collabing with was solar. If they are close friends, ravi would've told eric about the details regarding his collab. Solar might have also told eric about her upcoming collab with ravi. Assuming he did know it was solar, I wonder why he would comment on the Instagram post? I'm sure he knew that would rile up is ddongie fans.
Eric also liked the post where solar was mentioned:

Spoiler

This week episode of kpop daebakshow made a mention of HA:TFELT's recent release that featured Moonbyul of Mamamoo. It was so cute how he said "mamamoo mamamoo". Eric has always been a mamamoo fan it's nice seeing him support them openly, even if it's in just a small way like this.

Spoiler

Additionally, eric and diane spoke about how they react to ex's (since HA:TFELT's song was about talking smack about an ex). The topic of conversation was how they react to someone (presumably their ex) they're angry at. Eric said it depends on the person for him: if he cares about them he will be confrontational. If he doesn't he, will smile and walk away. This conversation was confusing because it felt like they ended up talking about how they handle conflict rather than an ex. He said "we take it to confrontation because something is wrong and needs to be fixed otherwise - I feel responsible". We discussed this on our Twitter gc and realised that since he says "we" and "take" which are present tense, the statement sounds confusing. It sounds more like he's talking about how. Eric followed by saying "If I don't care, if I don't know you, If I don't like you...I'll just smile and walk away". That made it seem like he wasnt specifically talking about an ex but rather how he deals with conflict in his current relationship. So...is he dating someone? And might that be solar? I don't know. Take this with a pinch of salt, it maybe that I'm reading way too much into this. I just enjoy playing detective and putting these small clues together. Listen to the podcast (at around 11:30 but if you have time, listen to the whole episode - it's hilarious) and say if you have another interpretation.