[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

@joeyyyyy @Farfalle a photoshoot would be fun but really the photos that they take on their phones is really enough for me to be honest. I think it's a little more intimate that way too, no?

@enko20 I wouldn't go as far as assuming she broke up in the winter though but I think it would have been more of her trainee days, training, practicing through the Christmas time and not really enjoying it so much because well there's the special stages and things right? Yongsun being a trainee at the time probably dreamed of being on the stage but seeing other artists singing and dancing on stage year after year would have been hard on any aspiring artist. It's also during award season too right? Maybe even financially it might have been a toll on her parents ect and there's something about the cold that brings certain kind of feelings too. I don't know how big Christmas is over there, or if they do the exchanging gift thing but it might have been financially hard for her too. Example on Moonbyul's birthday Yongsun didn't have enough money to buy her a gift. Hence why she might not have the best memories during winter time, again just poking in the dark here.

Spoiler

slightly off topic but I'm going to just throw this out there for anyone know might know but I've always wondered about their clothes. So they have stylists and such right? When they go to certain events the clothes that aren't outfits to perform in so their everyday type clothes, do they pay for that? do they own them? or is it like a one time thing and they just give it back to the company? or is it sponsored? not sure if Adidas or Nike sponsor korean entertainment agencies tho...

if I'm not too lazy I might just make a Papaxmoo cut of the Dubai episodes without all the Dubai in it haha 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, papaxmoo said:

I wouldn't go as far as assuming she broke up in the winter though but I think it would have been more of her trainee days, training, practicing through the Christmas time and not really enjoying it so much because well there's the special stages and things right? Yongsun being a trainee at the time probably dreamed of being on the stage but seeing other artists singing and dancing on stage year after year would have been hard on any aspiring artist. It's also during award season too right? Maybe even financially it might have been a toll on her parents ect and there's something about the cold that brings certain kind of feelings too. I don't know how big Christmas is over there, or if they do the exchanging gift thing but it might have been financially hard for her too. Example on Moonbyul's birthday Yongsun didn't have enough money to buy her a gift. Hence why she might not have the best memories during winter time, again just poking in the dark here.

I agree, which is why I said this 

7 hours ago, enko20 said:

For once, I actually didn't really make that "Winter" connection that you talked about with "Only Longing Grows". It really caught my attention when she candidly revealed during her "Frozen" date with Eric that the word "Christmas" doesn't bring many happy memories for her. I was very unsure of relating those not-so-happy memories to her love relationship at first, because it could be related to so many other things, for example, her music career at one point. However, now I think there's a basis for this case. Since we are on this boat of relating lyrics to her life, I will go out on a whim and say that this tragic breakup happened to her on one of those winter days in the past.

None of us know what really happened to her, so this is all "poking in the dark" like you said. However, the reason I came to this assumption was not just from that song. Actually, if you listened to her entire BRI again, this was her full statement:

"I don't have many good memories about Christmas. But this year, I like that I can spend Christmas with Eric. It felt like I was the main character of a romantic story."

To me, the way she put it felt like she was associating Christmas to a romantic experience rather than a career/financial experience. On that day she spent with Eric, she felt loved and cared for, the feelings that she didn't have before every time Christmas came around. If it was just a career or financial difficulty, I don't think she would make that kind of statement. Of course, your route is much more realistic, since Solar let us know that these stories of her career actually happened, whereas her love life is very secretive, and I feel it is for a good reason (remember when Eric asked why Solar didn't answer the question of how many people she's dated, the Mamamoo girls quickly covered it up right away)

Also I didn't manage to talk about this before, but you brought up a really good point about her "rough" way of handling skinship. I agree that it really stems from her "cheesy" feeling whenever she does it, but also, it stems from her "clumsiness" too, don't you think? The funny thing about Solar is that, she looks very feminine, way more feminine than her other members, but she's hardly a delicate girl. She always do thing roughly and messily, and when it comes to skinship, it's no different. It's easier for her to do thing like grabbing Eric's collar, or hitting him in the shoulder/chest rather than, you know, the tender skinship that most girls can pull off. I can tell though, that she's trying really, really hard to be more feminine for Eric, starting with hand-holding and arm-wrapping and that kind of stuffs. That's a huge sign that she wants to change for him, and she wants to reciprocate Eric's gentle skinship the same way. It's a bit of a painful learning process for her, but she's getting there. :)

--------------

"Decalcomanie" MV is here everyone!!!

Spoiler

IT'S SOLAR WHO WAS KISSED! :dizzy: (and Wheein too all of them, but Solar's scene omg)

• Like 5

I am really not okay with how forceful the dude was with Solar, with all the others it was consensual but with Solar it was like sexual assault and that is never okay. For any new chingus who don't know I am really okay with Mamamoo having dudes in their MVs kiss scene? sure. bed scene? why not? but as long as it's consensual and doesn't promote this kind behaviour. I know it's meant to be oh but she enjoyed it afterwards, ugh that's the kinda thing rapists say in court. 

aside from that tragic fail on RBW's part I don't even know what to say about the song really. The new concept is FIRE, my lord are they all sexy and looking stunning just absolutely drop dead gorgeous. 

I am so glad RBW released 'I love you too', it cooed my frustrations and broke me down. Gosh chingus I cannot this morning, it's too early 2am here. I am so broken up glad we're all on this feels train.

• Like 9

hulalala

i'm done when watching the MV *gathering my heart back under the blanket

Eric surely cannot sleep today lol :wub: He's sure not like the guy in the MV, forcing the girl and stealing the kiss (eventhough i'm upset why he didn't take the fountain chance). 

Maybe Solar give him the hidden massage to Eric for just forcing kiss for her lol *forgive my naughty delulu mind

So proud of Mamamoo!!! they do not afraid for taking a new whole different concept! You rock guys.I really appreciated it,

Moonbyul eonni waeee you so incredible there! The 3 (except Solar) seem so enjoyed the kissing scene lol. Sorry :blush:

So in the second MV i know Solar can really sensitive she sang while crying :bawling: 

Spoiler

Honestly speaking, i don't like the sad vibes while most of you keep analysed the song. This episode is really sweet though and i keep in mind that i must enjoyed it like Eric and Solar did, but yeah every sweet episode in WGM does gives us slight worry feeling that the couple will be end soon. 

When Solar choose the song, i really think that she just enjoyed the song, and not thinking much about the lyric. But for Eric i think he does thinking about it and relate it with them, and from his facial expression i couldn't help my self to think that this guys is falling for her. Maybe i'm wrong but so i'll let @Le_Sanguinea and @papaxmoo give their male's perspective. As for Solar, like what @enko20said, she's complex! She has an unique thought running in her mind. For example, when we thought she will never do the bold move or granted almost of Eric's wish she did! So rather than thinking there's no possibility for them and they come to realisation and ready to step in a state of letting go of each other, i just saw another things, not big but surely exist. Both of them are adventurous, if they feel secure, comfort and trust each other they'll take the path that really beyond our imagination. No one know, except destiny and themself

I'm quite optimist in the next episode that they'll spend another happy time together, so i really don't want to think about their separation yet. Solar is just open herself to Eric, with the sudden kiss *we will have the chance to watch it if MBC didn't play another prank to us. So for now, i just want to see another sweet footage for them on screen as we only have right to enjoy their relationship in this space.

MBC's New PD said that they let the artist watch the filming/editing clip before it aired, and i remember she said that Eric is good enough in giving direction or suggesting something related to filming, and i think he will keep some of their footages for their own memories, i mean for not aired in the eps.

What i like for this seaseon is MBC rarely give the couple, red envelope except if there something related to special occasion or going on vacation compared to the previous season that the couple almost need to fullfil the mission. They just give the couple the freedom to do couple like activities. :heart:

• Like 7

@papaxmoo @joeyyyyy Yeah, that's why I'm okay too if they just released their photos from their phones online :D Our couple already looks good even when the photos are only taken by themselves. Ah, but it's hardly possible to happen :')

@gureentea I wonder if Eric has seen the MV hahaha. I know maybe it's not related, but whatever is in his photo, that reminds me of this:
CfHggDZ.png

@papaxmoo When I watched the MV for the first time, I know Solar's part will get some controversy about the assault/abuse. I'm actually still netral about that though, like I want to know the meaning of the song first. But I also like Solar's kiss scene the least honestly :mellow:

@coolbrattyro We'll know at their next filming. It's still quite long, like 2 weeks more at the least. Solar got her revenge now, and the unique thing is both Eric & Solar did that scene with foreign models ^_^ 

-----

Ugh, actually I like how MAMAMOO sounds on "Decalcomanie", since I love "Piano Man". But "Decalcomanie" hasn't stucked in my head easily like "Piano Man". But I like the song and the girls' vocal is great! :D And all of them look so so beautiful! :wub:

The song that stucks in my head right now is "놓지 않을게", a song from MAMAMOO to their fans which I'm confused what's the official English title. Fans already named it "Never Letting Go", then in Youtube it's "I Love Too", but in V app it's "Tears" :sweatingbullets: But I wonder if this song stucks because I've heard it before. I love that RBW released the concert version one, not re-record it. We can hear their cry :( It's so touching, I also teared up.

-----

Solar's memo spam before the MV release! She's excited like a fan haha.

Sister? Yonghee unnie? :o And she wrote "bounce" with Korean form :lol:

Spoiler

• Like 7

The music video was... something.

If we take out that Solar kiss scene, I enjoyed it a lot. It's a really good song and I can't wait to see them perform it. The girls all looked great.

The song is doing really well on the charts, but people are very upset about Solar's kiss and the way it portrayed a struggle as romantic. Just makes me glad that in real life Solar's been hanging out with a guy who's definitely not going to do that to her. (And who she's going to kiss! Next week!).

Give some love to Solar everyone, okay?

• Like 7

Ok tbh I didn't like that either. I mean, it's not like I didn't see it coming after the teaser, but still...I hate when that kind of thing is being portrayed as an acceptable way of romance, like "just force it on her and she will like it eventually". It makes people think we are easy and shouldn't be respected.

Honestly, I think Eric will be more annoyed than jealous seeing it. It's not how he treats Solar, and it's not how he want her to be portrayed either.

@Farfalle The meaning was already explained on Twitter. Its about two people with different lives who find love through first kiss, and thats why I don't like it. They are sending the message that love can be found by forcing a kiss on a girl, even if she doesnt like it :mellow:

-------

Hide contents

MBC's New PD said that they let the artist watch the filming/editing clip before it aired, and i remember she said that Eric is good enough in giving direction or suggesting something related to filming, and i think he will keep some of their footages for their own memories

@407801baby

Sry I just read this part now and Im curious. Is this really true? Because I remember Eric said that he doesnt watch himself on WGM, but if the footage goes through cast review then it must mean Eric and Solar do watch themselves? chingus please confirm this for me, this is really important.

• Like 7

I lost count on how many times I watched the final part of ddongi's dubai trip, cause it is so romantic and sweet, MBC really saved the best for the last! I won't add up anymore to your review chingus coz basically I have the same thoughts ( and I'm not good at writing reviews lols) . But like what I've tweeted " I think its safe to say that ep 31 is like the "eric nam wanting to kiss solar badly but manages to control himself" hahah

Btw Eric is still awake when Mamamoo's Decalcomanie mv was out, I wonder what is his reaction during Solar's elevator kiss scene and I really wish that he will post or do something as a support for Mamamoo's comeback

Spoiler

tbh I love that mv except that part not because I ship eric and solar so much but because it looks so force and it feels like even solar resist at first she would still love that kiss in the end, like solar is not like that. But then again that is what the director wants

So guys lets show some love to mamamoo! the songs in Memory album are so gooooooooooooooooooooooood and the mv too

I cried so hard in this I love you too video, esp for solar knowing that her family was against her dream of becoming a singer before.

And btw do you guys if  CJENMMUSIC  and  Rainbow Bridge World  are like affiliated with one another? coz eric is under CJENMMUSIC right?

• Like 7

For those of you who have instagram/are on the fan cafe, do you think you could join me in sending lots of love to Solar. I personally disliked her kiss scene, but it obviously wasn't her fault/idea. So even just a small message along the lines of "You sounded great!" or "I really liked the song!" or something would be really helpful.

I understand the intention of going to the fancafe to explain the problems people had with the video, but, if you really want to take action, I would e-main RBW instead of posting on the fancafe, since it's mostly the girls who interact on there, and that way you can get your message across (one which I definitely approve of) without any misunderstandings that may hurt the girls who likely are not the reason that scene exists.

:heart:

• Like 5

ERIC JUST PROMOTED DECALCOMANIE

Edit: He did it with promotions for a few other groups too, but we all know he was awake this morning when it dropped, and he can't totally outright support her because of his "Nation's Boyfriend" image. Still, I hope this makes Solar feel better, and I'm sure he congratulated her in private as well.

Also, Mamamoo's caption is by far the best out of the three he promoted.

• Like 9