Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey everyone!  So I've been thinking of getting double eyelid surgery in the future but I the thought of swelling during post surgery really scares me!  I am not really against surgery, but I will probably do it only after I've pretty much given up on trying to make the double eyelids myself... and believe me, I am almost there    :grimace:

So just like most of my friends, I've tried all sorts of glue and tape and nothing really worked... like, nothing really changed my skin.  It's sort of embarrassing to wear the eyelid tape in public because I feel weird when I think people can notice that my double eyelids aren't natural...

Ok, so now here's my last chance for eyelid tape.  Two weeks ago I pretty much went crazy googling for ways to make your own double eyelids and to my luck I came across this tape called Opti-fold.  According to the website, you're supposed to wear these tapes when you sleep and they sort of tape down the double eyelid until you remove the tapes in the morning.  It says that the eyelid crease should be permanent in about 4 to 8 months... not bad.  But, this sounds too good to be true, especially since this is a new product and there aren't any detailed reviews out there.  I really hope it will work on me, but if it doesn't, whatever, surgery ain't all bad!

To make my order, the Opti-fold people needed a video of my eyelids to choose my tape size:

As you can see, my eyelids can sort of make a crease, but it only lasts for a fraction of a second.
I'd have to blink really fast and flex my eyelids to keep the crease there... not too comfortable and quite distracting. :pensive:

It took about a week for me to get the tapes and they came in 3 different sizes:  3, 4, 5.
Gj7myUX.jpg
The tapes came in a sort of amateurish packaging... lol.  But since they are handmade, I guess who really cares how they look if they really work!

IQiQ7Bl.jpg
My first day I used the size 3 tape.

The tapes seem a bit tricky to use and it took me a few tries to get it right.  If you've used other eyelid tapes before, then you might try using the Opti-fold tapes in the same way as the regular stuff, and in that case, you will be doing it all wrong.  The only really main difference is that for these tapes, the fTape must be right next to your eyelashes without touching them... and you also have to be looking down when applying the tapes.  The website was quite helpful in giving out detailed instructions on how to use the tapes.

grcRE5h.jpg
With the nTape on, I could still see out from the bottom.

So last night was my first time using Opti-fold.  I slept for about 6.5 hours.  I was suggested to sleep 7 to 8 hours per night in order for the tapes to really make a good double eyelid.  The tapes weren't too bad to wear while sleeping.  Still, it wasn't the most comfortable thing, but I guess I will get used to them after a while.

For me, when I first removed the tapes, the double eyelids came out strong, but the effect only lasted 10 minutes.   Regardless, I've never seen my double eyelids fold like that before.  So assuming the creases will last longer and longer, I was quite impressed with my first day results.  :thumbsup:

HWc90nj.jpg
My double eyelids were very strong at first, but then disappeared after a while.

A1T9oIm.jpg
After 10 minutes of taking off the tapes, my double eyelids disappeared and they went back to single eyelids.  But you can still sorta see a bit of where the folds should be... not bad.  Let's see how the double eyelids will work out in the days to come.  :smirk:

Last night I tried the size 4 tapes.  The difference between size 3 and 4 don't look too significant, but once I wore them, I could easily tell the difference.

sipUvHi.jpg
Size 4 tapes

LmJfEGR.jpg
The two fTapes laid side by side.  Size 4 on top, size 3 bottom.

To me, the size 4 tapes were way too big!  :no_mouth:
Sure, they made my double eyelid look amazingly HUGE, but ...
7s0RrsM.jpg

... they only lasted 5 or 6 minutes  :cry:

I don't think my skin can handle the size 4s.  The previous size 3s were a better fit.

So back to single eyelids I go... well, I'll try again tonight with the size 3s and see what would happen... :expressionless:
XPVWtKM.jpg

Good news on day 3!

I went back to using the size 3s.  I had to trim the last remaining size 4 tape to make it look like a size 3.

After I took off the tapes I tried to adjust the outside of the creases since those parts felt like they weren't too strong.  I still think size 3s are a little too big, however.  But, nonetheless, today's results were quite good!  The double eyelids lasted for 1 hour!  They probably could have lasted a bit longer but I was tired of flexing my eyelids in order for them to stay.  My eyelid skin really feels like its beginning to change...  this is giving me so much hope!  :innocent:

On 4/2/2016 at 5:40 PM, raymondc27 said:

Good luck

Thanks!!

Day 4

While waiting for my actual order of tapes to arrive, I went one day without using tapes.  My double eyelids were non existent during this time.  The previous smaller quantity packs called 'SizePak' were a sort of sample for me to see which size fitted me the best.  After I selected size 3, I confirmed the size with Opti-fold and they sent me my 1-month order of tapes which arrived this morning.

nuxIuxt.jpg
Looks really nice like feathers... must have taken a while to make this by hand!

As mentioned before in the previous days, I thought my double eyelid were still kinda too big.  When I told that to the guys at Opti-fold, they suggested I trim the tapes to make the outer part of the double eyelid smaller.  Here's the pic they sent me to explain:

6Oq6nHd.jpg
I was instructed to cut the tape pictured at #1.

ElYd64X.jpg
Original size 3.

oUwImwS.jpg
Size 3 after doing tape cutting #1.  The bigger part goes on the inner part of my eye, while the slimmer part goes on the outer part.  This particular fTape will be used on my left eye.

Trimming the outer parts of the tapes really made a difference.  I think this shape now looks more natural for me.  You can kinda see the double eyelid tapers down more as it moves closer to the outer part of the eye.  This morning I was really tired, so I didn't make a longer video... sorry!

After about 2 hours from removing the tapes, my left double eyelid began to really weaken.   I think it's because my left eyelid is a bit thicker than my right.  But nonetheless, modifying the tape seemed to help.  As you may recall, on day 3 without modifying the tape, the double eyelids lasted only 1 hour.

Day 5

Last night my sleep could have been better.  I woke up a few times just to open my bedroom window because it was too hot.  I think my interrupted sleep was the culprit to my weak double eyelids.

m24KBvw.png
As mentioned on the Opti-fold website, a warning to those who don't have good sleep.

Modified size 3 tapes being removed.

Today was strange, not only did my double eyelids disappeared after 30 minutes, but my left eye was actually stronger than my right.  Usually it was the other way around.
I am a little dissatisfied, thinking that I've gone backwards in progress.  :confounded:

Just yesterday I hit the 2 hour mark, and now all I could get was 30 minutes... well, since I know its possible to get 2 hours, and I've seen other reviews of people getting all day results, I will try again! :angry:

Day 6

For today, only a slight improvement.  My left double eyelid stayed for an extra 30 minutes compared to yesterday.  So the total time was 1 hour.  :confused:

For my right double eyelid, it only stayed 30 minutes... just like yesterday. :expressionless:

Day 7

OMG!  :glasses:

Today was such a good day!  Both of my double eyelids stayed for a new record time of 4 hours!  The previous record was 2 hours at day 4.

I haven't quite figured out how my skin works and why the double eyelids can sometimes last long or not.  But, whatever it is, this is keeping my motivation up just to see if the Opti-fold tapes are really as good as it seems. :kiss_closed:

Day 8

After my amazing 4 hour record for the double eyelids staying from yesterday, my creases are back to it's regular progress.  It  wasn't as advanced as yesterday, but it's still small incremental steps that is gaining momentum. :relieved:

It seems like yesterday's 4 hour peak time was only an anomaly; a freak coincidence of good luck!  (So basically I am not going to compare today's results with day 7)

So for today at day 8 -- in comparison to day 6 -- the left crease lost 30 minutes to a total of staying only for 30 minutes, :persevere:  and the right crease gained 60 minutes to a total of 90 minutes. :relaxed:

Overall, because it seems like the process of making double eyelids is more complex than a straight forward strengthening of the creases, I am still curious as to what will happen before I get all day results.  Like, am I going to one day get 5 hours for both eyes, and then the next day go down to 2.5 hours?  Who knows... this is so weird.. :confused:

Day 9

Incredible!  Today my double eyelids is lasting for 10+ hours.  At the time of me making this video, the creases were very still very strong.  I can't explain the feeling I have right now as it is so unreal to me!  I didn't know double eyelids like this could make me feel so confident!  :love:

As you can see, I didn't have to adjust the outside edges of my eyelid crease.  For some reason, they are folding in the perfect way.  :relaxed:

ob29QKm.jpg

Here are some quick screen shots of my double eyelids as they are right now. 

I don't think my double eyelids are permanent as this was way too fast.  And based on the few day's experience with how one day my creases would last a long time and then the next day they would last half the amount of time, I wouldn't bet anything that this is permanent... yet!

Buy anyhow, I totally love my look and its just nice to know that I can rely on my double eyelids lasting all day without much care.

I was tempted to skip out on tonight on wear the tapes, but then I got advice from the Opti-fold people that I shouldn't skip out before the 3 month of using the tapes.

xoxo :kiss_wink:

Day 10

Ok, so this has been the second day in a row where my double eyelids have lasted all day!  It's unbelievable that my skin could change in just 10 days!  Sure there are some parts of the crease that needs extra work, such as the outer part.  But, overall, I've never had such positive results from using other glues or tapes!  :relaxed:

I honestly cannot thank the Opti-fold tapes enough.  I guess this is the real thing!   :grin::heart:

Guest severus

I applaud you for the dedication

Day 11

Thanks for all the encouragement guys!  Reading up on other people trying to make their own double eyelids have inspired me to do the same... so if I do end up succeeding with making my double eyelids permanent, this review I'm making is my way of showing appreciation!  :grin:

For today, everything has been going great.  My double eyelids lasted all day again.  This will be the third consecutive time  :glasses:

One of the funniest things about suddenly getting double eyelids that lasts all day are my friends thinking I have done surgery!  :joy:
I am really loving my look and my eyes look so big compared to before!

The inner corner of my left eye sometimes feels like I have to massage it, but when I am not paying attention to it, the crease is always there... so maybe I shouldn't worry too much.

Kudos to ya for such a speedy result. The results look great d ^^ b

Its quite amusing that a line on top of your eye can imbue such boost in confidence for girls.

I don't think the feelings when you first get your double eyelid naturally is the same for a male and a female, as generally girls are really excited about it. But as for me it was meh, my eyes kinda look a little bigger and never put much thought to it lol.

I believe your and wemoveon thread will definitely give inspiration to help other members achieve double eyelids without surgery.

Great work girls!

Day 12

Thanks bang1 for the compliment!  It would be cool if wemoveon and my thread can inspire others! :innocent:

As for being diligent so that I can inspire, I think I dropped the ball last night.  I was supposed to put on tape but then took a nap.  The nap then turned out to be a complete deep sleep and so I missed on a tape session.  It wasn't too bad this morning when I woke up.  In the video you can see how my skin still has the effects from the Opti-fold tapes.  This is really cool because it shows how my skin is actually changing on its own. :thumbsup:

Day 13

After forgetting to wear tapes the night before and then having single eyelids later on that day, I got back on track with the Opti-fold program.

Nothing special here... just the standard tape removal video.  I'm probably going to skip on recording these tape removal videos because it's always the same stuff... :neutral:

My double eyelids are doing their thing!  Today they folded really really well.  I didn't have any sort of problems.  I like how they sort of magically appear without me having to flex my eyelids.  :grin:

Day 14

Another full day of double eyelids creasing.  I'm really starting to like the tapes and it's becoming more easy to sleep with them on.

My left eye's double eyelid seemed a little bit weaker than before.  But as you can see, it was not a big deal.

So far, the all-day results seem constant.  I think my skin is really lucky since it can change so fast.  In the beginning, getting past 2 hours was a struggle!  And now, two weeks later, the double eyelids can stay for more than 10 hours each day...  this was really fast!  :love:

Day 17

Sorry for not updating this review, but I didn't have time over the weekend to upload the videos.  To summarize the weekend's double eyelids, I didn't have any problems... just the regular creases lasting all day.

But funny enough, today my left eyelid began acting up.  The crease was pretty much weak during the afternoon, and here shown in the evening, it began to really be a problem... not quite sure what caused it. :anguished:

Day 19

We're back on track again!  Both double eyelids lasted all day.  I guess I have been putting the tape on the wrong way and so I had a bit of troubles with my left eyelid recently.

But with my new understanding of what I did wrong, I think everything is okay again. :sweat_smile: